Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Do I HATE The Sims?

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    fast, cheap, quality - pick two

FREE!!
    how about free and quality
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    LGR hits it right on the head when he says it started to change for the worse around halfway through TS3.
    In what respect? That EP's were released faster? Or... how? I never sensed a change apart from that myself. And I never minded.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Do you guys think he'll like Cool Kitchen?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    LGR hits it right on the head when he says it started to change for the worse around halfway through TS3.
    In what respect? That EP's were released faster? Or... how? I never sensed a change apart from that myself. And I never minded.

I thought I was getting less bang for my buck. That could be part of the reason I fell into the "gotta buy everything" trap. I own every pack except KPST....just couldn't do it.......and about 95% of the store. That little venture made me see that if I had a problem with the game play (and there were some things about TS3 that I just dealt with) that no amount of content was going to make me feel differently.

This is how I know that Until some things about TS4 get fixed/changed/made more sandboxy and less grind EPs GPs and SPs are not going to change things. Heck if they just fixed the culling I might be tempted to play again.

My DVD drive quit on me and not even thinking about it I bought a new external drive so I could play TS2 Castaway stories again. The thought of spending that money on TS4 didn't even cross my mind.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »

sure. if ea offers him enough money. maybe they'll hire him as a "consultant." hell... if ea offers me enough money, i'll lie to all of you, too.
  • swedishauroraswedishaurora Posts: 9 New Member
    I totally agree... Thank you LRG for making this video!! I (we) understand your dislike for what The Sims have become... but I still love this game and really want it to continue to develop... but not in the direction it's heading into... It's a bittersweet feeling. :pensive:

It's so sad that The Sims have reached to this point... I love the Sims so much and have since Sims 1. I'm loosing interest and haven't bought anything except GTW. It just pops up so many new packs that I don't know where to start (Just like LRG mentioned, he was right on point). There is so many things that is lacking in the game since day one, that still haven't been fixed! (As usual) The devs says that we shall tell them about issues in the game, but what's the point with that, they don't listen or do anything about it. There's so many posts in the forum that people laid so much time into just to address issues, bugs and glitches (saw the post about Build mode feedback thread, holy 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Kudos to the thread starter and to everyone that contributed to it).
    I mean come on devs, that's like being served with a silver platter, how hard can it be, you're like super talented, this can't be very difficult to fix, right? Put those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 stuff packs or whatever on hold and start fixing things for REAL! Put your talent on the right things...

Hope any of this makes sense :expressionless:
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member

This is all I've seen so far

From what I've seen if I ever did purchase Kitchen Stuff it would be more so for the clothes more than the ice cream.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »

This is all I've seen so far

From what I've seen if I ever did purchase Kitchen Stuff it would be more so for the clothes more than the ice cream.

I have to agree with that. I have never bough a Stuff Pack but the clothing (especially for girls) looked good. I was tempted to get this one, which means that EA is getting smarter...
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited August 2015
    the only think i can say is "poor ralph", i really doubt at the sims 4 ending if we gonna see something remain from him.

and that is how to turn a game in the most "milked versions" far so ever, let's the packs roll begins!!!!!.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
    #SaveRalph!
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member

i despise clutter objects. i almost liked ts3 bugs better than unusable clutter objects.
  • TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    Poor Ralph. Sims 4 is tragic enough :'(
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited August 2015
    @SimGuruMeatball
    Psst Hej där SimGuruKöttbulle! Så här mellan dig och mig, om ni vill vända den här tråkiga stämningen så patcha in riktigt välgjorda småbarn, folk kommer att bli överlyckliga, jag lovar :wink:
    Post edited by simIrrevirre on
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I love LGR! I agree with him on both videos. (Except the TS3 worlds. Those were the best things that came out of the store. But we can agree to disagree on that.)

This iteration is all about style over substance. Yes, it may have it's roots with Katy Perry and Diesel in TS3 but TS4 takes it to an unbelievable level. And it isn't even that stylish! So many things look about the same. We've given up a fun game with lots to do for a boring game with a bunch of stuff.

If the powers that be won't listen to the "whiners" on the forums, I hope they listen to him.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    So he's not going to review all the packs anymore? Time to unsubscribe.

Considering how many there will be or planned can you blame him. He has other games on his site, and EA's lack luster packs seem over the top on how many planned. Bet you get a few more before the end of the year. I wouldn't want that burden, either. It's just too much and as he said it cheapens the game.
    He's a game reviewer. Reviewing new content is his job. If he doesn't want to do it all, that's his choice, but people will unsub go elsewhere once they realize they can't get all the info in one place.

@ponderberries Glad you know so much about his job and what he should/shouldn't be able to handle :|

The job description is in the title sweetheart.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

Another great review as usual! :)
    He/Him
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree with most of what he said except for the part about Stuff Packs. I like getting a new content and the more the better. But that's just me. Though I can see how if you are a newcomer and then you see 12 stuff packs and whatnot...that could be a little overwhelming.

The difference is quality Stuff Packs one or two a year. With round objects being round. It's called textures. lol

That is true. They should fix the chess pieces for the chessboard. They are just poorly distorted Jenga blocks.

Have you seen the new picture of the kitchen SP yet? Someone put up some pics this evening. What is that thing supposed to be that is part of that ice cream maker? I don't know, sometimes I think I could make a mesh (and I am horrible at it!) for an object better than some of things I see in this game. No offense SimGuruMeatball, but the art style is killing the immersion if 'I' think it was made by a first grader and not even a first year intern, or maybe by one of the guru's kids.

No worries. Art style has very little to do with the low polygon count though. Each object has a specific polygon budget it has to adhere to, due to performance guidelines, depending on its size in the world. If an object is very rounded by design, it unfortunately ends up tending to look a bit angular because of that. We usually try to have that in mind when we design things, but sometimes it's just the way it goes if you really want to do a lot of rounded curves in your object, like pots and pans ;)

@SimGuruMeatball, Thank you for pointing that out. You are the only one who will ever talk to me. Lol. Yeah, I would love more polys on some things in the game. I get it. I actually do, believe it or not. I just figured you guys have to keep this low for art style sake but as you can see I don't know that much and why I am horrible at meshing! lol But loved to try in the past.

I wish you could turn loose (performance or not) and add more to some things. But I understand your hands are tied. Just so you know, I know what wonderful artists you guys are. Just as a weird example I just loved the junk yard pile in the TS3. I could have my Sims dig in that all day. ROFL. I'm weird like that. So many great things like that in that game. Just the detail helps me escape into that screen world.

So keep on keeping on, I love The Sims and always will. Just need some tweaks lol

I hope to see later work in the future I can say omg, it is so detailed! I love it! Because I know you guys are great, really.

Just sad they chose low end laptop specs for this game over my immersion into a virtual reality. :'( (sometimes).

I'm rambling, sorry. I do that when I suffer with insomnia again. Peace!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • GamerPreshGamerPresh Posts: 840 Member
    I used to be that consumer who just bought every thing they saw. Then, forget about half of the content within 2 days. But, once I ran across his videos he was always right. He showed me what I would really be getting if I bought one of these EP's or SP's. So I highly respect him and his opinion. I am disappointed that he doesn't want to review all the the sims 4 content, but how could you blame him. Sims 4 isn't what I expected at all. I'm "STILL" waiting on a family gameplay EP or SP, but instead I get luxury and ice cream. What a shame, EA needs to watch this. Overall, I agree with him 100% and I'm looking for change too.
    I'm basically having a good time, until I notice you see me having a good time. #ShyPeopleProblems

giphy.gif
  • PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Poor Ralph :( I thought there would be more kitchen items. Boy! EA/Maxis never fails to surprise me...in the worst way possible.
    2750512.gif~c200

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It is disappointing to learn there is only one kitchen cabinet style in this stuff pack. Maybe they should make bigger stuff packs with more stuff and go back to charging $20 for 125 items. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.