Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is The Sims : Complete Collection worth getting?

COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims (2000)
As of recently i've been garnering a bit of a curiosity of the first Sims game; and i'm plenty aware of how old the game is, but such a thing has yet to stop me from playing any game before. So I ask from those who has had any experience with the first Sims game whether or not to give the original sims a stare at.

Sub-Question ( Totally doesn't have to be answered but is still much appreciated.. ) : Do you know where to find some mods for the original sims if I do wind up picking it up, it would really be nice to add some sprinkles ontop of this game. :)

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I would. I did use to play it a long time ago. I don't have it anymore, but wished I had never lost my copies. If you do decide to get it, I do remember it being more of a challenge doing things, such as keeping your sims alive.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Totally!

I bought the complete collection a few years back. And would still be playing it (and not Sims 3), if it was compatible with Windows 8.

I had a bunch of families that I played with, sort of rotationally. My older Sims, I probably had them for over 1000 in-game days or more, going.

Obviously it's not as fancy as the later Sims games, but I still had a really good time with it. I kind of miss my games, actually. But they're stuck on my dead computer. :/
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oops double post. Please delete!
    Post edited by OriginalMara on
  • DerubelleDerubelle Posts: 638 Member
    edited August 2015
    The original Sims was awesome! Lots of fun and crazy expansion packs and as a hardcore Simmer I can't wait myself to be able to get a full collection of the first Sims expansions just so I can display it proudly on my games shelfs when I'll have a place of my own :D :D :D
  • Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    110% Yes. Just be prepared to troubleshoot. Many people have issues installing and running it.
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I just recently purchased a used copy of it on Amazon and I have it running on Windows 8.1. It automatically ran the game in compatibility mode for me so I didn't have to. It's defiantly a challenge keeping needs up but still very fun. The music alone brings me back to being a kid playing this game.

A quick Google search pulled up this thread from 2012 but you should be able to find working links:
    http://modthesims.info/t/480970
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    TS1's wonderful. Full neighbourhoods for each expansion. The big & shiny in Superstar and the autumnal whimsy in Makin' Magic.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    TS1 is not be worse than the successor