Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WINNERS UNDER RENOVATION CHALLENGE 16 RESULTS UP !!

Comments

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thankyou @kamb1403 grats on your 4th place it was a really nice reno you did.
    Thankyou @Pebblycat
    Congrats to everyone that placed and wow at all the entries they were ALL so nice. I glad I didnt have to judge it I wouldnt know how to pick a winner.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Congrats @Cbear13 Nice build!
    sMggKkh.png

• MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2015
    "RedStone Manor RSA – What a lovely exterior, the red and white really makes the house pop. I loved the rock walkway over the path on the side of the house, fits in well with the Country Fieldstone walls.
    The indoor garden was very nice and creative and the interior had a nice earthy feel to it with the colours used. Love the placement of Zita’s new Study above the garage and the balcony added out the front looked very inviting. Overall great Reno!
    Critique: Even though the house had a very earthy feel to the interior it seemed to miss the splashes of colour that zita asked for, adding some splashes of her favourite colours would have finished it off nicely. My sim also noticed there was no light in the pantry/storage room and she tripped over and sprained her ankle. Ooops, but she is ok now. :)

Zita added: Oh my word! You managed to transform my home into a brand new house. This is what a renovation is all about - The same house but lalso a new house. There were a few issues like the rock/plant garden in the house (sometimes less is more) and you did remove the garage door but luckily created an archway with pillars which would qualify for changing a door/window. Some items were removed when downloading but you really put so much thought into this reno - so all that's left to say is Congratulations! you're the winner."

Wow, that is unexpected for sure, I loved some of the other entries more than my own. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

About the critique: I tried some color splashes, the kid's room was originally earthy with purple, for example, but there was always something that didn't fit with the main feature of the room (the curtained off bed, in this case. No good color available for that curtain that would fit the other furniture). But all excuses aside, that's indeed one aspect I failed at, I kind of gave up on it.
    Pantry: Oops, missed that lamp? I hope the ankle heals well, there are lots of stairs waiting in the next challenge but maybe... hm. You just gave me an idea about challenge10.
    Rock/plant garden was over the top, eh? *grins* Never, ever give me unlimited budget. You'll always end up with more pools and ponds and indoor features than strictly necessary.

Uhm, I'll understand if you give the award to someone else because *blushes* I think I deleted the mail box.

And thank you @rosemaw for the congrats.

Edit: Just out of curiosity and because I don't want to repeat the mistake, but which things didn't load You can tell me on my wall if you are inclined to do this and not want to clutter the thread.

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @MorriSan The result stands. Your siggie will be pm'ed for you and your certificate will be posted on the UR thread. Congrats again. Remebber you will now be the guest judge for Challenge 10 and therefore can only submit an unofficial entry for Challenge 10 :) I loved the rock formations and thought it was very creative. Keep in mind the feedback is a combination of what different judges see in the reno. (Except where it says Zita added) and it meant to highlight the best and weaker points of that build in a friendly and sporty manner.Enjoy your win trooper! :)
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Don't worry, I enjoyed the critique, it was friendly, deserved and well argumented, critique away! It helps me to build better houses and, most importantly, to build good houses within given restrictions. I will try my hand at the Alien Wedding Park unofficially, it can only help me to understand what difficulties other renovators have to face, no?
    @MorriSan Very wise words lol :) 100%
  • TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    First, congratulations to @MorriSan for the winning entry in Challenge 9, and to everyone who entered for the amazing ideas! I really enjoyed seeing what others would create with this shell.

As for mine, I originally had the interior walls in white stucco just like the outside, but.....I changed it (about 20 times between the two). haha Well, the foundation sticking out was actually a small parapet between the garage and main house. If you look closely, the entry to Zita's special room is a flat roof and separates the structures creating a "catwalk" effect. The parapet was no accident. :)

Thank you for the critiques. The garden actually was pretty easy. The interior is where I really struggle. And wow, how did I forget to put a bench on the garage balcony???? *slaps forehead* All told, I put about 12 hours into the house. Only about 3 were spent on the landscaping and exterior features. The downstairs was about 6-7 (two nights), and I just ran out of time. I did manage to sneak a dishwasher into the kitchen on the last night, and I had a lot of fun making my entry!

Thank you for bringing the contest to my attention. I don't notice decorating contests much, as I am more excited by building and colors are so drab, limited, and mismatched in TS4. I am spoiled by CASt and miss it terribly.
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Thanks for the wonderful feedback judges!
    jiyKE8j.png
    @TS_Diva Lol just love your humor and just like you I prefer building than decorating - I do however learn a lot from this thread and enjoy seeing all the tricks and stuff with decorating. I have to be honest though This was the closest in scores ever on UR and you did very very well. Loved loved your renovation <3

@RiverdellStar U r most welcome - I loved your exterior and roof - gorgeous :)
  • lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Congrats @MorriSan!

Thank you guys! I completely forgot to test it out before uploading. Is it ok if I can go back and fix it and re-upload it?
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • foxfaesfoxfaes Posts: 89 Member
    First of all, a big congratulations to @MorriSan . Very well deserved!!!!

Also, thank you for the critique guys! I'm still pretty new to building, and to know my renovation wasn't that bad, just some awkward blips here and there, is very encouraging! I'm excited to participate in the next challenge!
    Origin ID: foxfaes
    My Gallery! :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Congratulations @MorriSan loved your reno. You guys all really made it tough the scores were so close, amazing job to everyone.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Congratulations @MorriSan and thank you to the judges for the nice comments. @Zita1966z you made me laugh when you called me a silent assassin ;)
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    I really think I did really well for my first renovation challenge ever, thanks for the change Ill try to do much better for future chanllenges and Ill try to get my first Maxis Fave!!!

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

edited August 2015
    @KojiK You did extremely well for your first renovation and we are so proud of you. We are glad you are part of our troopers now and we look forward to your renovations. <3 Maxis already favoured 5 of the renovations from this thread and they did not all win a challenge, so you might be spotted here, you never know <3
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @mommataurus2 ! Your build blew me away when I first saw it! AWESOME!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    I want to congratulate all who placed and all who took part! I don't think people fully appreciate how close the scoring was. You all did an amazing job and should be well proud of your selves! I look forward to seeing what you all do with the Mill! :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    @Zita1966z thanks for the feedback for challenge 10 :) it was a very fun challenge!
    jiyKE8j.png
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    @KojiK You did extremely well for your first renovation and we are so proud of you. We are glad you are part of our troopers now and we look forward to your renovations. <3 Maxis already favoured 5 of the renovations from this thread and they did not all win a challenge, so you might be spotted here, you never know <3

Thnak you for your kind words!!!

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Congratulations @mommataurus2! Your build blew me away :) All of the entries were amazing!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Congratulations to @mommataurus2 :)
    How can my lot be over budget? It was uploaded at 74,920. I thought I put male and female doors on the inside.of the toilet.
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    @Pebblycat: We did combine all the judges comments. I apologise if you were wrongfully quoted and will come back to you on the issue raised. :)
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Oh no, I'm sorry about the toilets, I put the unisex toilets on the inside when I was meant to put the make and female ones. But the budget was definitely under.
    Perhaps I should make sure I'm completely awake before I check this thread :(
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created