Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lissykin's Studio Showcase ~ Legacy Landing - No CC pg.19 ~

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Lissykin wrote: »
    That's just what I needed to know. I'll remove the juice bar, bubble gun machine and some of the games...it's amazing how many are in available in game. I selected less than half. lol Is there a few in particular that you'd like me to include (or exclude) specifically? Would you like both the hockey and foosball table?
    Thank you for your input! I'm almost ready to get started on the the magic room. That's my favorite! :)

Edit:
    On a side note: I finally got into my account!!! I was so happy. It's amazing how disconnected I felt not being able to get on the forums. Anyway, when I spoke to EA customer service they told me that the text retrieval for two step verification is glitched, as well as the backup codes generated for text retrieval. So, if you use two step verification be sure to change it to email. :)

hmm not the dice one

the ones that look most likely to be in a home... + things from the store (well not uni)
    not sure what I like most ....
    I really like the one just left of the dice one

I think just 1 of the hockey/foosball will do.. the open one maybe (seems more like one for a home)

and just on of the to person table vidio thingy and the flipper vidio thingy (the smalles maybe)

what about a bean back chair (or more) in the tv corner ... with the vidio games...

the magical room - no moon dial... and partly secret.. more alchamy than magical
    it is funny I don't play many magic sims, but alhamy is just oldschool science to me
    I'm guessing it is down the stairs

glad you got your acount log in to work

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    That's just what I needed to know. Thank you!

I plan on adding bean bag chairs and video games. I hesitated sharing the pics of the party room in this very raw state. I'm just sorting out the items, haven't even figured out placement yet. lol

I'll have more pics for you soon. :)

The magic room is going to be secret. I like to have one room that's a cellar of sorts, with a secret entrance to the alchemy room. I know you'll like what I have in mind.
    That's just what I needed to know. Thank you!

I plan on adding bean bag chairs and video games. I hesitated sharing the pics of the party room in this very raw state. I'm just sorting out the items, haven't even figured out placement yet. lol

I'll have more pics for you soon. :)

The magic room is going to be secret. I like to have one room that's a cellar of sorts, with a secret entrance to the alchemy room. I know you'll like what I have in mind.

I liked seeing the room with just items... was like going shopping with you

gets me thinking hmm what do I like... and thats fun.

Like the idea of a cellar room... maybe storage like? I'm sure I like what you have planed... seems you got a great feel of my want.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited August 2015
    It is fun! Plus it's wonderful knowing that when you do get this dorm in game, it'll be exactly what you wanted. :)

You're describing the cellar room just like I'm going to design it. A storage area to store treasure chests full of goodies, and a nectar shelf or two. I really think you'll like it once you see it. The secret entrance to the alchemy room will be in there.
    As far as other items I could include, would you be interested in having the wine press? It's not necessary for what I'm creating, but it may be another fun skill to build up.

Another successful communication! Thank you! <3
    Post edited by Lissykin on
    it could be there yes... though not really interested in haveing it there... I don't mind it though
    That's what I needed to know. The nectar press didn't really fit in, but since I was going to include some nectar storage I thought I'd ask. I revamped the items in the party room last night and am getting it arranged. I really like how this is turning out. Play testing is getting more and more enticing. lol
    Yes it might feel strand with that machine there.
    Hello again! :)
    I have more questions for you.
    1. As I'm setting up the party room, the big screen TV seemed to blend better into the home as an in home theater. Is that okay for the party room? This is the early stages of what I have in mind:

iEqqHSpkS2vCd.jpg
    ieuoXJsuI2TfM.jpg
    The colors will be different once it's finished, but I thought I shouldn't go too far in case you didn't like the idea. I also needed to verify that you have the movie seat.

And this is how it would look in the whole room:
    ib1NEhVp4DPydz.jpg
    ibhdqzv6AuPxcN.jpg
    iZC0oEooeC5b1.jpg

I'm still getting things settled, so the seating in the bar area isn't placed or the speakers. As usual, once I begin play testing the layout of things may change slightly.

2: Are you okay with the amount of arcade video games? Would you like me to remove any of them?

I do feel like it's starting to really come together. There's going to be room for all the activities and lots of dancing. :)
    number of vidio games ok

I rater have a smaller screen and 1 room..... (loved the sectional seat) I feel a movie teather room is to much

look great
    Hi again! Here's the *mostly* complete party room:

ib1thySXxieH9T.jpg
    ikGrpsvVcn9vP.jpg
    iIaqhj91bLzEj.jpg

I still need to add the student created decor. I hope you like it. :)
    looks awsome

just right for any type of uni party or band practis.

or just to hang out and play games

are there a stereo ... so if no one play music sim have something to dance to

oh love the hawai lamp detail
    Hooray! I'm so happy you like it! I thought of the stereo after I posted the pics, so it's there. :)
    Now onto the storage area and alchemy room.

Thanks so much for the reply! <3
    Thought maybe the stereo is 1 of the big ones like the one from 60, 70 80 sp or the one from the store with blue boxes from the store the rebel set i think.
    No problem! The one I picked was from the 70's 80's and 90's. lol We share a lot in the way of style and taste. This is so much fun for me. I can't wait until the play testing and student art creating phase!! :)
    No problem! The one I picked was from the 70's 80's and 90's. lol We share a lot in the way of style and taste. This is so much fun for me. I can't wait until the play testing and student art creating phase!! :)

thats to fun... I hardly every use that stereo... but here it just be perfect I think

to minds 1 thought

also what you post is contatntly a lot of... "yes just what I thought" or "hmm not what I thoguht but I like this even better" so yes you got my tast and wishes worked out very welll

Hi Anette! Quick question for you: Would you like the rock cutting machine or jewelry crafting center in the dorm? I've not included them, but I thought you may want them for the artists. Let me know. :)
    Hi Anette! Quick question for you: Would you like the rock cutting machine or jewelry crafting center in the dorm? I've not included them, but I thought you may want them for the artists. Let me know. :)

I think the rock cuter makes to much noice in the whole house so no
    and I got plans with the art center and glass blowing so no on that also....

good ideas though
    Thank you! Moving on. lol :) I should have more pics in the next few days. Then I get to start decorating completely, then play testing. We're getting closer! :grin:
    YEA!!!
    Hi anette! :)
    I'm still working, I've finished the secret alchemy room, and the storage area. I'm working on the bedrooms now. I've had some flares, so it's taken me away from the computer, but I promise I'm working on it every chance I get!

As far as pictures, I was going to leave the secret room secret until I upload the build...is that okay with you? Or would you prefer I show you pics now?

Thank you again for your continued patience! I'm getting closer everyday. :) *hugs*
    as long as it have no moondial or tree of prosperity...or vampire beds.... but is just an alchamy room.... then yes surprice sounds fun

sorry you been haveing flares... I was worried about you

yea for bedrooms... remember the just need to be basic... but preferet difrent look on them.... empty shelws are great here
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The build is continuing to look very nice! :) The design and furnishing of the party room looks very great!
    I send big hugs to you as you endure through your health issues <3
    Thank you for understanding, anette! I realize I probably should have said something earlier, but I'm so happy it's beginning to fade. The alchemy room doesn't have any of the items you listed. The only magic item is a cauldron. I think you'll be pleased with it. To be on the safe side, are you okay with it looking a bit like a dank dungeon? Or would you like it to be more scientific?

Hi rose! You're such a sweetie. I'm very grateful when the flares pass. It makes me really appreciate the brief periods of relief!!! <3
    It is ok, you are more important than Sims, an when unwel it is hard to go online to say it.

Dank dungun... what's dank?
    Dungun is fine....im thinking little bit like the defensive against dark magic and other class room at hogwarts (though not alcamy like it warmer) or how i imagen an alcamist room in the midle ages.... so slightly science
    Guessing the dog found s elevens would fit in

edited September 2015
    What you described is basically what I've done. Yay! It's a hidden stone and brick room, with a stone floor, and a cauldron instead of a fire place. There's potions and ingredients to make more, and decor items that lend to the theme. It's similar to a medieval alchemy lab; I used these as inspiration:
    alchemy_lab.jpg
    as.jpg
    alchemylab.jpg

I do think you'll like it. :)