Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy and quick shortcuts for specific emotions.

I'm trying to compile a list of ways to get to certain emotions that DO NOT require social interactions, food/drink but are just interactions with objects or emotional auras. Specifically, I am looking for ways to get certain negative emotions such as Sad or Angry.

Here is a list of things I have found so far:
Angry: ???
Confident: 'Brush Teeth' on sink; 'Psych Self Up' on mirror
Dazed: ???
Energized: 'Take Brisk Shower' on shower; 'Watch Action Channel' on TV; 'Drink Energy Juice' on self if High Metabolism trait
Flirty: 'Take Steamy Shower' on shower; 'Freshen Up' on mirror; 'Try on Outfits' on dresser; 'Watch Romance Channel' on TV
Focused: 'Ponder Moves' on chess set
Inspired: 'Take Thoughtful Shower' on shower
Playful: 'Take Bubble Bath' on bath; 'Watch Comedy Channel' on TV
Sad: ???
Tense: ???

Also, if there are any emotional aura items, such as the lamps, paintings or other unlockable items that get these emotions, let me know - but so far I can only find ones that grant Confident, Energized, Flirty, Focused, Inspired, and Playful - nothing that is Angry, Sad, or any other negative emotion.

My Sims are Hot-Headed to get Angry or Gloomy to get Sad, but they never seem to really get into those emotions if they're needs are taken care of otherwise, so any ways to try and trigger it without destroying their relationships by yelling at people to get angry would be nice...

Comments

• troubledbongotroubledbongo Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2014
    Focused: Browse Simipedia on the computer. Study a fossil if you dig one up.

Not sure about the negative ones though. Only thing I can think of is if you can paint a sad/angry painting when you get the chance (assuming there is one) that usually gives the relevant mood when viewed later.
  • beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    My sim recently got married to a guy who is in a constant state of playfulness. I was trying to figure out what was causing it and I came to the conclusion it was the pair of star-shaped glasses he was wearing. Also, when you send off your metals/rocks and get back those element boxes back, you can put them out in the world and turn on the Focus aura. The little statues you can find in the capsules put out a playful aura.
  • SilentSpy0SilentSpy0 Posts: 197 Member
    beggar1015 wrote: »
    My sim recently got married to a guy who is in a constant state of playfulness. I was trying to figure out what was causing it and I came to the conclusion it was the pair of star-shaped glasses he was wearing. Also, when you send off your metals/rocks and get back those element boxes back, you can put them out in the world and turn on the Focus aura. The little statues you can find in the capsules put out a playful aura.

Did he have the Goofball trait, perhaps? That makes them Playful as a default a lot when they are Happy.
  • FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    edited September 2014
    The only time my sim has ever gotten angry was from my job. I'm the Tech Guru (forgot which branch) career, and I had an event pop up, one of those where you have two choices. I chose the incorrect one and it caused my sim to become angry. That's all I've got for that though.

Dazed happens when you crash your rocketship. I had a Sim go into space with only level 1 in Rocket Science, and something happened where I needed to repair the ship, unfortunately I couldn't repair it because my skill was so low, and I crashed and had dazed for a good amount of time.

Sad also happens through job and school events if you choose the incorrect one.

Tense happens for specific traits. For example, if you have the romantic trait and haven't had romantic encounters for quite some time, your sim becomes tense. Also, if your fun need drops.

I am aware these are not what you are looking for, but they are just my personal encounters with them.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Angry is through negative interactions with other sims. I keep a mean sim with my so it gets more than easy

Fossils, alien pieces, and metals can also have confidence aura turned on

Energized with crystals

Playful with figurines or w/e you call them

Tense from fire

Dazed from a loss fight or electrocution

Happy from clapping along

Sad from negative socialization or death of a sim

Flirty from watchin romance movie or just being flirty <3

Embarrassment from embarrassment
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    If you got the animal hats, they seem to produce different emotions. One gave a child the "dazed" emotion, and I've also seen "energized" and "inspired."
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    Recipes also produce energy buffs

Food
    Energized - High energy protein plate
    Playful - silly funny bear pancakes
    Flirty - flirty heart cookies
    Angry - angry flaming spaghetti

Drinks
    Alien juice - random positive moodlet
    Confident -Flamming zesty salt, hot & smokey, confident poition
    Energized- space energy drinkdrink, energized potion
    Inspired - pose and prop, inspired potion
    Flirty - cupid juice, love potion #4, flirty potion
    Focused - amygdelight, focused potion
    Angry - boiler room
    Happy - happy potion
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Tea (all +2):

Confident: Earl Grey, Hot
    Focussed: Pitch Black
    Energized: Run Oolong
    Flirty: Steamy Ginseng
    Happy: Healthy Green
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Browsing art on the computer will get you inspired.

If you have Outdoor retreat cloud gazing/stargazing will give you an amazing 6 hour inspired moodlet (for extra bonus doing this with someone else levels up friendship quickly)

The rewads you get from dates will make you flirty.

You can get dazed from loosing a fight with another sim (I assume the winner gets a confident mood boost).

Tense you can get from making a sim work hard at work, have low fun, have a non-committal sim in a job/with the same partner too long, or don't let an active sim work out enough.

There are also mood books you can purchase at a bookcase which will give you the mood boost.

Various Emotion drinks from the kid's chem table.

The MySims statues will make you playful. The frogs will make you playful.

My favorite way is through viewing the paintings. Have an easle handy and have a sim paint when you roll a particular mood or just get them high enough painting level and they can do all of the available emotional paintings. Just keep them in your inventory or hang them up with aura off and have a sim view as needed. It's nice because it doesn't take long to get the moodlet from viewing so you can have a sim view them right before they head out to work. You can turn them on to keep the mood buzzing constantly if wanted and the use it to stack into a Very moodlet.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't know whether you are counting potions. Not the reward potions, but the ones that can be made by sim scientists. There is a range of potions there that can instantly change mood.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Animal Hats: (available for adults and children)
    Cow-flirty (doesn't give buff for children)
    Bear-dazed
    Panda-sad
    Chicken-inspired
    Owl-energized
    Lion-angry
    Tiger-playful
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    I keep making my Sims take bubble baths, yet they are never playful afterwards. I wonder what's going on...
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I found this list to be helpful, even though it is older:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21776
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    You could kill one of your sims friends and keep the tombstone/urn. Very easy sad moodlet when you make them mourn :smile:
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I keep making my Sims take bubble baths, yet they are never playful afterwards. I wonder what's going on...

They should be playful- mine are.