Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited August 2015
    Lovely farm @Zita1966z, great looking veggie garden. <3:)
    @PersRealmsShadow lovely farm too, I love the color of the farms, it feels so welcoming <3:)

Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited August 2015
    @kittKat7147 @issabella14 Thank you guys <3
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
    edited August 2015
    [quote="
    Absolutely gorgeous builds this time (well, every round really), almost embarrassed to include my humble entry. lol But, I love tiny builds so I just had to give it a whirl. It was fun! :) I don't envy the judges! Good luck everyone and Happy Simming! <3 [/quote]

@Karababy52, your builds are nowhere near embarrassing, your builds are great and I love your style, there is great deal we all can learn from each others building talents. Just a thought for you "To be humble in life will be exalted by God". 1 Peter 5:6. :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Aww man, thanks for saying that @Issabella14 You're a sweetheart! *Hugs* Your words make me want to give this round a try as well, but, I'm currently very busy preparing for my Son's wedding. I doubt I'll have time to tackle a full build... It's tempting though! ;)

Anyway, Good Luck everyone, loving the entries submitted already. Y'all should be proud! Happy Simming! <3
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @Issabella14 :D Thank you for the compliment hon ^_^ I based it on my grams house growing up :)
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here and my first time entering a build! I would like to ask a question if I may. Does the budget include the cost of the lot used? The lot I have used cost 2,500; do I deduct that from the budget or is it ignored? I ask because I am dangerously close to breaking the budget and the extra Simoleons would really come in handy! Thank you. :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    @Moodbeamy Deduct lot cost :)

Poop. I'm gonna have to take out quite a bit of my landscaping. :neutral: Well, I guess that's why it's called a challenge! Thank you for responding so quickly. :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    so any idea when we can expect feed back for the expert level on challenges 21, 22 and 23?
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 24 Mr. McGregor's Farm
    FORUM ID: Moodbeamy
    ORIGIN ID: Moodbeamy
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Old Ma's Farm
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 56,964
    TOTAL COST: 59,964
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s26.photobucket.com/user/Piipp/slideshow/BnS24
    ENTRY DETAILS:

EDIT: Edit to say that I removed the lot from The Gallery briefly to update the fences with a foundation (so as to fulfill the protected garden criteria). The lot is now back on The Gallery with this small modification made.

Old Ma's Farm

Old Ma's Farm is the perfect farmhouse for those green fingered Sims. With a large area for gardening at the back of the lot and a charmingly rustic interior Old Ma's Farm is ready for anything you want to 'grow' at it! The farmhouse includes two bedrooms and two bathrooms and serves as a fantastic mid range home for those families wishing to expand.

Lot Size: 40x30
    Furnished Price: 56,964
    Unfurnished Price: 37,509
    Contains Content From The Following Packs: The Sims 4 Base Game, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat
    Use The Following Hashtags To Locate This Build On The Gallery: #NoCC #Farm #Garden #FamilyHome #BnS24 #MoodMade

MMOMFC_zps4hgf9wkj.png

I hope you all like my first entry to the challenge! :smiley:
    Post edited by Moodbeamy on
    tFU6JMe.png
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Need some clarification. So when figuring out how much money I have to spend, do I subtract the lot cost from the total budget, or do I add the lot cost to the total budget?
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    @TwtyBrd0707 - lot cost + build cost = 60,000 :) (Add the two together to get you total budget allowance)
    @BuildnShare, is it only vegetables that Mr mcGregor farms, or can it be something else for eg. wheat, flowers or grapes for a wine farm
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Thanks @KittKat7147
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare, is it only vegetables that Mr mcGregor farms, or can it be something else for eg. wheat, flowers or grapes for a wine farm

The type of farm is entirely up to you :)

Attention Expert Entrants for Challenge #21 - Coming Home to Newcrest
    Your feedback (there were no awards for this challenge) is now available on Winner's Circle!

GArBA5W.jpg
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    so any idea when we can expect feed back for the expert level on challenges 21, 22 and 23?

See above post :) Results for 22 will be up later tonight or tomorrow. Stay tuned for #23 (currently trying to find an available advanced judge)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Working hard on #22 Expert Results! Since I'm giving feedback on 3 builds for each entrant, it's taking longer than usual. If I don't have them done by later tonight, I'll finish up tomorrow morning :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Moodbeamy - lovely build! For this challenge, we judge based on the pictures of your build. (This is because as more Expansions, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and other DLC come out, the less likely it is that every judge will have every object you might use in the build) For a build this size, around 20 pictures would be a low number. Please show us each room from more than one angle as well as all sides of the house, making sure you show off all your design details. Please let us know if you have any questions :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Moodbeamy - lovely build! For this challenge, we judge based on the pictures of your build. (This is because as more Expansions, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and other DLC come out, the less likely it is that every judge will have every object you might use in the build) For a build this size, around 20 pictures would be a low number. Please show us each room from more than one angle as well as all sides of the house, making sure you show off all your design details. Please let us know if you have any questions :)

Thank you very much for this information; I will update my slideshow later tonight when I have a bit more time. I apologise for not adding more images in earlier, this is my first time entering and I wasn't sure how many would suffice. I did have to leave out a lot of the details I wanted to add due to the budget (I probably could have spent double the allowance as there are so many items which would have been appropriate for the build, including an open fire!) however I did the best I could with the money available. I'll be sure to update the slideshow and let you know once I have; once again, thank you! :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
    edited August 2015
    @BuildnShare, the budget is limiting my farm, therefore I need to know weather it is $60 000 on the gallery or must it be less the lot. :)
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    It's a big build isn't it @Issabella14 I wish I had like 50k more :D
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

lisa17ann wrote: »
    Yes, @lisa17ann, I have such a great idea for a vineyard and I am about 2000 short to clutter is up a bit. Do you know if it is 60 000 on gallery or with property. :)
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #23 - THINK TINY

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    Yes, @lisa17ann, I have such a great idea for a vineyard and I am about 2000 short to clutter is up a bit. Do you know if it is 60 000 on gallery or with property. :)

I don't know @Issabella14 :( but, I'd love to know. This part is always so hard for me to figure out lol I think it should just be the upload cost right? lol I'm done if the it the build cost is 60k but if it's not I'd love to put more landscaping in too!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #22 - REUSE & RECYCLE II

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top