Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Castle of Cards: A Sims 4 Challenge

lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
This is a new challenge thought up by myself when playing cards. I use English cards (since I know that some sets in Europe differ) which have the four suits as hearts, spades, diamonds and clubs. These are the basis of this challenge.
So, the House of Cards challenge can be tackled from many directions and I will be documenting my efforts as an example to those interested. My version will use all four worlds; Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest. I might switch Magnolia Promenade out for the new world found in Get Together later this year.
My blog contains all the rules, challenges and an introduction to my own version here
The rules being:
  • The challenge consists of four families, each named for a suit from a pack of cards. I.e the Heart family, Spade family etc.
  • Each family will rule over a world (inspired by the King, Queen, Jack found in cards) and each world will serve a different purpose.
  • Due to the nature of cards, whether you choose to set your challenge in the past, present or future, each family is royal and so should dress, act and live so. This means that it can be a modern day challenge with modern 'castles' etc but the royal theme must remain :p
  • Each family will be the head of a 14 member court; if you see each suit there is a King and Queen. The Ace, two and three will represent heirs to the throne. Even numbers (4,6,8 and 10) represent the ladies in waiting and the odd numbers (5, 7, 9 and the Jack) represent the King's guard, adviser and/or servants as the player wishes. The Joker (there are usually only two to a pack but you can choose how many are in a realm) is the village idiot/ source of entertainment for the court.
  • Due to household restraints, ladies in waiting and the King's guard may live separately (but next door) to the royal household.
  • Each family will not start on a legacy plot, but with a castle designed to the realm's purpose.
  • Each family must reach ten generations
  • After building the castle and setting up, the royal family must have max. $50,000 household funds
Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    edited August 2015
    My example: A Late Renaissance kingdom is made up of four realms, each governed by a royal family who contribute something different to its development.

The Spade Realm is the Eastern realm (Willow Creek) and is responsible for growing and cooking the food for all four realms. I will create three commercial lots which will be a market, park and church. Spade Realm will have no taverns, libraries, art galleries or anything that is not directly related to gardening/farming.

The Heart Realm is the Southern realm (Oasis Springs) and is responsible for the happiness and pleasure of the citizens of the kingdom. Looked down upon by the 'dark realms' (Spade and Club Realm) for apparent debauchery and hedonism, this realm consists of two taverns, two art galleries, an old theatre and thriving businesses. No church, park or training ground will be found here.

The Club Realm is the Western realm (Magnolia Promenade) and is responsible for the protection and disciplining of all four realms. With a strong military and an even stronger connection to the Creator, this realm needs nothing more than its barracks, training ground, monastery and royal fortress.

The Diamond Realm is the Northern realm (Newcrest) and is responsible for the technological and medical developments of the kingdom. Looked down upon for it's lack of tradition and encouragement of the use of technology rather than hard labour, the citizens devote themselves to science, medicine and knowledge of all kinds. With a library and museum in every neighbourhood, this realm is the future of the kingdom.
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    This sounds so awesome! I really love big challenges :) Once I've completed my current legacy I will definitely try this :)
    edited August 2015
    @Julyvee94 Awesome! I will start posting my families soon, the worlds and castles might be a little later on haha!
    EDIT: being online has caused my game to update on what can only be described as the slowest internet connection I have ever experienced. The game is also said to be unplayable until it is complete, this could take a while :joy:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Can I do a "modern" castle too? Or does it have to be medieval themed?
    @Julyvee94 it's in the guidelines somewhere, I'll make it clearer, but of course! It's entirely up to you, it just needs to be four ruling families who have a world each and the four combined is one kingdom. It can be set in 2100, 1543 or anytime! I'm definitely using the GTW careers so mine might have to be tweaked, but for now my ladies all wear long, regal dresses unlike Kate Middleton so I'm unsure how to address this :p
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Here is the intro to my challenge
    Castle of Cards:

Four families, four realms, one kingdom. Diamond Realm, Heart Realm, Spade Realm and Club Realm. Each realm has a court, made up of 14 people. A king, queen, knight, three heirs (Ace, 2, 3), four ladies in waiting (4, 6, 8, 10), two guards (5, 7) and the king’s adviser (9).
    • Spade Realm Feeding Development: self-sufficient via gardening, fishing, owning markets, careers in culinary-chef
    • Club Realm Keeping Peace: Astronaut, Secret Agent, Detective, Writer-Journalist, Athlete - Bodybuilder
    • Diamond Realm Advancing Life: Scientist, Doctor, Tech Guru,
    • Heart Realm Raising Spirits: Entertainer- Comedian/Musician, Painter, Writer-Author, Athlete-Professional Athlete
    In each realm there are only the above workplaces, as well there will be criminal elements and businesses in each realm. The black realms (also dubbed the dark realms) are known for being stuck in the past with a lack in technology due to a favour of tradition. They are less advanced but remain vital to the kingdom’s success. The red realms (newly named the light reams) are renowned for their constant advances in technology and medicine and their longevity due to happier souls. However, the dark realms look down upon the alleged debauchery and hedonism of the Heart Realm and are worried by the rumours of other-worldly powers being found within the Diamond Realm.
    It’s a race to the finish line, for the first realm to reach its tenth generation will surely be hailed as the future of the kingdom.
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Spade Realm
    King James inherited the kingdom at a prime age of 25 after his father’s death. His wife, Queen Lucinda, comes from a rich kingdom renowned for their agricultural exploits. They wed when he was 19 and she 16; their daughter Grace was born two years later. Their realm is responsible for growing, harvesting, gathering and cooking the foods for all of the kingdom. Although they work long, hard hours in the fields and the kitchens, the people of Spade Realm look down upon those who use technology as a shortcut or take time off to play and laugh. If ever asked, any person of Spade Realm would claim they work hardest and longest of all the realms.

King James: Friend of the World
    Loves Outdoors, Outgoing, Romantic, Gregarious

Queen Lucinda: Freelance Botanist
    Loves Outdoors, Outgoing, Family Orientated, Collector

Grace: Rambunctious Scamp
    Loves Outdoors

08-08-15_7-30c2a0pm.png

08-08-15_7-26c2a0pm.png
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Club Realm
    King Richard was born in the middle of a war as the eldest of six boys. His father was killed in the same war when he was aged 12, his mother took care of the realm until he was 15 and married. Their realm is responsible for protecting and disciplining the people of the kingdom, with an army and domestic patrols of soldiers from across the four realms. The life in Club Realm is a quiet one, with strict dedication to the Creator, and so they look down on the debauchery of Heart Realm. If ever asked, any person of Spade Realm would claim they pray the longest and train the hardest of all the realms.

King Richard: Bodybuilder
    Active, Hotheaded, Perfectionist, High Metabolism

Queen Olivia: Bestselling Author
    Bookworm, Neat, Good

08-08-15_9-24c2a0pm.png
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Diamond Realm
    Queen Isabella was the eldest child of King John, and without brothers she became heir to the throne. Wed to Ferdinand and crowned queen at the age of 17, they have been happily married for 3 years and their son Henry was born in the first. Their realm is responsible for the nurturing and protecting of the knowledge for all the realms. The latest technologies and medicines are being developed for everybody’s benefit, if only the military of Club Realm or the farmers of Spade Realm would use them! The people of Diamond Realm are healthy, intelligent and growing in strength. If ever asked, any person in Diamond Realm would claim they study the hardest and longest of all the realms.

Queen Isabella: Renaissance Sim
    Genius, Creative, Outgoing, Quick Learner

King Ferdinand: Computer Whiz
    Genius, Bookworm, Loner, Quick Learner

Henry: Whiz Kid
    Genius

08-08-15_9-27c2a0pm.png
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Heart Realm
    King Aaron inherited the kingdom at a young age of 17 after his father’s death. Married with three children and only 24, he has secured his lineage. Their realm is responsible for ensuring the happiness and success of the kingdom’s people. The ethos in this land is to play, laugh, learn and grow in harmony. They believe, and prove, that a happier worker makes for a more successful land. If ever asked, any person of Heart Realm would claim they play the hardest and live the longest of all the realms.

King Aaron: Musical Genius
    Romantic, Outgoing, Music Lover, Muser

Queen Sophia: Bestselling Author
    Creative, Outgoing, Family Orientated, Muser

Renly: Artistic Prodigy
    Music Lover

Anastasia: Artistic Prodigy
    Art Lover

08-08-15_9-25c2a0pm.png
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    So excited to have built the Spade castle and the Monastery for Club Realm, it's getting there!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • kensgirl73kensgirl73 Posts: 212 Member
    Hi. This sounds like an interesting challenge. FYI, you used the same pic for the Club and Diamond family.
  • KelleReeKelleRee Posts: 86 Member
    This is really cool! Can't wait to see pics and hear about it as the challenge progresses.
  • YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    Very interesting challenge, I'm excited for more updates :blush:
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Such great pictures and updates! Looking forward to more.
    edited August 2015
    kensgirl73 wrote: »
    Hi. This sounds like an interesting challenge. FYI, you used the same pic for the Club and Diamond family.
    Thank you! My internet was too slow to proof-read the images so to speak, I'll swap them now haha :p
    Glad you guys are interested! I'll keep updating with the Castles etc being built :p Feel free to post links to your own challenge, I can always turn the OP into a directory :3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    How do you determine which family has reached the 10th Generation first? Is aging turned on?
    Yes, for the sake of my challenge I'm turning off anything that would move out households or move new ones in, and try to keep aging on for the households I am playing (i.e. the four royal families). I think it's fair to say that you have to keep each family growing so if you have to intervene and get a queen pregnant because she hasn't done it herself then you must. But it's up to you how you play with/choose heirs and marry others off.
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    I love this concept! I'm definitely attempting this challenge at some point - I just hope my laptop can handle this! :)
    I love this concept! I'm definitely attempting this challenge at some point - I just hope my laptop can handle this! :)
    Awesome! I can't believe I'd never thought of it before when playing cards! If my laptop can, yours can too ;)

Also, here is Club Castle, rather more like a fortress to fit in with their realm. With King Richard being a military commander and Queen Olivia being a devout follower of the Creator, this realm doesn't leave much room for fun and games!

08-09-15_11-53c2a0am.png
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Heart Realm is the centre of fun, happiness and pleasure. The rowdiest bunch in town meet up at The Bard's Hand at the end of a short day's work to have a drink. They might meet the odd traveler who is staying upstairs for a couple nights!

08-09-15_1-12c2a0pm.png
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Please check out my new blog Sims Stories by Lizzie for further updates and new additions to my challenge. I will be using this thread as well, but my blog will also contain links to my other stories :D
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Edited! Honestly, technology and I just don't work half the time :')
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top