Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Closed

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
Welcome to the Modeling Competition Directory!
(Closing this officially finally)

(Still a WIP! Simmetry version here.)
This thread was created in order to keep track of all future, current, and past competitions (that we can find at least!) and the modeling tag list. It is also a place for people to discuss competition ideas, post polls about competition ideas, advertise, etc. Feel free to chat in this thread, and make sure to bookmark this thread!
Note: This thread will always be updated, regardless if I make an update post saying so. The post is only for major thread updates (such as reorganization), to give recognition to those who win, alert new members to the threads existence, for any public events ongoing, and to have a record of what has come and gone.

Relevant Links:
Sims Editing Workshop
The New Modeling Forum
❦Modeling, Hosting, & Judging Guide❦
Editing and Modeling Tutorials
Quick And Easy Tutorials
Share Your Before and After Edits
Sims & Modeling Chat Thread
ImKreis Fashion Show
Pimp My Sim
Screenshot Editing Tutorial
J i l l i e<3's Tricks of the Trade (Tutorials)

Active Magazines:
Top Model Magazine
SIMPLISTIC MAGAZINE
Flaunt It Sims Magazine
S.H.E Magazine
Dazzle Magazine

The reasons we are doing this is to:
  • Provide a reliable and updated list for models to look at when they are interested in joining a competition. Make sure to bookmark this thread!
  • Provide a reliable and updated modeling tag list for hosts. Quite a few hosts are tagging inactive people!
  • Avoid schedule and competition clashing. Too many competitions at once can cause problems for hosts and models. The “Current” and “Upcoming” Lists will help hosts make better decisions on when to release competitions. Also to avoid people taking an idea of someone who hasn’t published their competition yet, because we all know how frustrating it is to work on something and then be too late at publishing it!
  • Avoid stealing competitions/names, intentionally and unintentionally. I don’t mean sharing the same ideas, I mean someone intentionally looking for a comp to steal, or accidentally matching the majority of a comp by pure accident.
  • Back to names, we want to avoid naming competitions the same thing when we can in order to avoid confusion with older/newer models down the line, and because as @NotMeMaggie (previously @Mhamilton0911 ) said, “The super successful comp names are like a brand for the comp host.”
  • Still on the two above this: Competitions based on shows or real life competitions are unavoidable in this community and are therefore not subject to the naming or competition reason. Competitions come labeled with the hosts name, so just be sure to look at the name before clicking if you are looking for a specific one. (Yes, that means multiple Project Runways, American Horror Story, Next Top Model, Miss Universe, etc. are possible and unavoidable, but probably not at the same time. And legally speaking they belong to none of us.)
  • Provide inspiration for those looking for an idea. We will have a list of requested/previously failed ideas that people can run, which means people can leave ideas in the thread for others to use.
  • Provide a place for feedback about competition ideas. No more making separate threads asking if people are interested, and less of a chance of competitions failing! We will have polls or feedback posts so everyone can give their opinions on an idea.
  • For nostalgia. Who wouldn’t want to look at these amazing competitions from the past?
If you would like to help fill the thread out quicker, please fill out this form for current and past competitions:
Link to competition: (Go to the front page of your competition, copy the link and paste here.)
Host(s): (List the people in charge of setting up and hosting. Judges don't count unless they are an actual co-host.)
Open or Closed: (Open = Means join at any time, Closed = signups required. Not needed for past competitions.)
Games Allowed: (Is it Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, or all of the above? Not needed for past competitions.)
Status: (Taking applications, or closed sign-ups? Not needed for past competitions.)
Link to competition:
Host(s):
Open or Closed:
Games Allowed:

And if you want to have your upcoming competition displayed, please fill this out:
Name of the Competition: (Even if it is just a WIP name. N/A will be added if you can't think of anything.)
Host(s): (List the people in charge of setting up and hosting. Judges don't count unless they are an actual co-host.)
Estimated Arrival: (When do you expect to release it? Please make sure to look at the Upcoming and Current section when planning your release date.)
Type: (Is it a CAS competition, an activity, or a regular competition?)
Theme/Description: (Please explain what your comp is about, and the theme, if you would like. Is it a fashion/modeling comp, story, supernatural, etc? What makes this comp different from the rest, and what will be happening? What do the assignments look like? Is it elimination, cumulative, etc.?
Name of the Competition:
Host(s):
Estimated Arrival:
Type:
Theme/Description:

Polling and Feedback
If you would like to test an idea among the community or see which competition of yours will do better than the rest, you can either 1) post your ideas and wait for feedback, or 2) post a poll or have me post a poll for you. Just scroll down for the poll formats. If you would like to discuss polls with me, please post here or message me.
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited August 2019
    Modeling Tag List

I've included a "code" format for copying and pasting. This should help with the errors we've been having.

Please read the guidelines below before scrolling for the lists.
    • The lists will always be updated behind the scenes, even if I haven't released an update recently.
    • Tip: Editing a post and then adding a tag does not work. ;)
    • The "Voting" tag list has been removed due to lack of use in the past, and the fact that voting competitions are no longer a supported, or welcomed, type anymore due to cheating.
    • The "Sims 4 Only" tag list has been removed due to lack of use. If you need an S4 only tag list because you will be using their Sims, please message me or post here for a list. Or ask for a Sims 3 judge to help you with your S3 contestants.
    • Please avoid spamming the tag list, even if no one is joining. If they haven’t replied by the second tag, it usually means they aren’t interested or aren't active.
    • Try not to remove people from the tag list unless they have actually insulted you or caused major problems for you (such as starting drama, spreading rumors, got in a major fight, etc.). This is a community where everyone, who hasn't started drama, is invited. Picking and choosing when there are no present issues can be hurtful.
    • Editing the tag lists may also result in it breaking, so try not remove people unless they caused problems for you (adding is okay if you're careful, place them at the end of the list rather than adding at the front or in the middle). Breaking examples: whole list not tagging at all, usernames accidentally being changed, individuals not being tagged, accidental deletion, etc.
    • Check back here frequently when you need to open a new competition or thread. There might have been a new model added to the lists, or someone was removed.
    • People are only removed from the lists because they haven't logged in for months (the profile says last login date, for those unaware), and the last few aren't active in the modeling scene at all and currently show no interest for it. I remove people so we do not spam them continuously. It's frustrating to come back from months of inactivity to see your notifications blown up, especially if it's for comps that have already come and gone and are no longer relevant, so please respect people and avoid tagging them too much if they are removed.
    • Do not use a tag list from another competition thread, or use an old one you saved. They are almost guaranteed to be outdated, and therefore you are excluding people on accident. Use the tag lists in this thread only to make sure you get everyone.
    • If the tagging list is not working or something else is wrong, please inform me!
    • If you would like to be removed from the tagging lists (one or all of them), message me or post here (please do not be rude though).
    • If you would like to remain on the tag list, even if you go inactive, please state so and I will keep you added. Otherwise, you will eventually be removed and only added back once you reappear.
    • If someone is missing, please post or contact me to be added. Sorry about that!
    • I try to avoid adding anyone new to the lists until they officially register for a competition or request to be added, because we occasionally get visitors who pop in to say something, but then disappear.

Sims 2/3/ 4:
      @Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @Mzsammyrose @Storiessims4 @YJB19299 @MissBirdie @FauxEvermore @koalasims @alexis3142 @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @ArtsyAmy @wbombje @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @gardenGothic @Vanderhoot @sdtfm @mkasml @O-meezy @Melusine377 @Spudders_86 @TheLastStar

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @Mzsammyrose @Storiessims4 @YJB19299 @MissBirdie @FauxEvermore @koalasims @alexis3142 @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @ArtsyAmy @wbombje @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @gardenGothic @Vanderhoot @sdtfm @mkasml @O-meezy @Melusine377 @Spudders_86 @TheLastStar

The lists below are who is active, inactive, and on trial period. This is just a general list of all the models we have seen currently that keep me organized. Feel free to take a look if you're interested. Please do not use the lists below for tagging! This is just for viewing purposes, and some who are inactive do not want to be tagged.

Models – Active (Active includes – Hosting, Judging, or Modeling. Does not include: Voting or talking)
      Sims 4: @Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @Mzsammyrose @Storiessims4 @YJB19299 @MissBirdie @FauxEvermore @koalasims @alexis3142

Sims 3/Sims 4: @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @ArtsyAmy @wbombje

Sims 3: @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @gardenGothic

Models – Trial Period (Have not completed more than 2 competitions yet)
      (New models come and go very quickly, never to be seen again, so they go here until they show that they like modeling and will continue. This saves me the effort of tracking their name again in the long lists. They are still added to the tagging lists, but at the bottom where they can easily be found and removed if they disappear. When I say “completed”, I mean continued until eliminated or won. Self-elimination/no shows, drops, and competition cancellation do not count. The numbers next to the names tell me how many competitions they have completed so far.)
      Sims 4: @Vanderhoot (0) @sdtfm (0) @mkasml (0) @O-meezy (0) @Melusine377 (0) @Spudders_86 (0) @TheLastStar (0)
      List without the numbers so I can read it easier when editing.
      @Vanderhoot @sdtfm @mkasml @O-meezy @Melusine377 @Spudders_86 @TheLastStar

Sims 3/4:

Sims 3:

Models – On Break/Retired
      (People who entered one competition and then disappeared/moved on are not listed. Sorry!)
      Sims 4: @Karababy52 @PeaceSign101 @peppergirl84 (0) @gramatique (2) @Gemmabubbles @lovejess2 @wrswrs2 @Meeshelby @AshLenn @abillings1978 @peppergirl84 @psykt @NShippudenFan @JennaCatz @wiredhanna67 (1) @Klept0maniac94 (1)

Sims 3/Sims 4: @Eliavah @Jaunty (0) @XLexisimsX (0) @MaggieSims2018 @InaMac69 @chellemh29

Sims 3: @InaMac69 @lionpaws @ArtsyAmy @BeechNutBaby @GITTE2001 @JoeJoe11
    edited June 2019
    Polls and Ideas
    This is where polls will be placed, as well as general, requested, and previously failed competition ideas. Feel free to even take some of the ideas and make them into assignments if they sound interesting. Have fun!

Requested/General Ideas/Previously Failed
    • No poseplayer or CAS poses, just their creative use of in-game actions!
    • Medieval based competition (daily life, jobs, etc.)
    • Gif based competition (this would be an advanced competition; ty to @Eliavah and her glorious gifs for giving me this idea)
    • Toddler/Children/Teenager based pageants or competitions! I think an actual princess comp, coming of age, etc. would be really cute
    • Entire comp of nothing but burlesque!
    • Calendar based competition
    • Pregnancy story competition, or general maternity modeling
    • Bride Battle! Have your bridezilla's battle each other to determine whose wedding is the best (who has the best dress, venue, receptions, etc.)
    • Based on The Sims Castaway, story competition about their survival on an island
    • Food based comp
    • Job/work based comp, each assignment is a new job
    • Lookbook comp since we haven't had one for a while

Polls
    Polls are to check for the amount of interest in your competition and if they will do well. They can be set up to be “Yes”, “Maybe”, or “No” types of polls, or multiple polls, etc. Some people don’t want to show interest publicly, or are too lazy to post, so this allows them to vote without having to worry about publicly speaking their interest. Follow the “Single Poll” format below and submit.
    If you would like to instead place several competitions up into one poll to see which has more interest than the rest, please follow the “Multiple Poll” format.

Format for Single Poll:
    Name of the Competition: (Decided already? Type it! If not, put a placeholder)
    Estimated Start Date: (General month is good, or season, like summer.)
    Description: (Please explain what your comp is about, and the theme. Is it a fashion/modeling comp, story, supernatural, etc? What makes this comp different from the rest, and what will be happening? What do the assignments look like? Is it elimination, cumulative, etc.?)
    Name of the Competition:
    Estimated Start Date:
    Description:

Format for Multiple Poll:
    (Submit one for each competition you would like in the poll, in a single post.)
    Name of the Competition: (Decided already? Type it! If not, put a placeholder)
    Estimated Start Date: (General month is good, or season, like summer.)
    Description: (Please explain what your comp is about, and the theme. Is it a fashion/modeling comp, story, supernatural, etc? What makes this comp different from the rest, and what will be happening? What do the assignments look like? Is it elimination, cumulative, etc.?)
    Name of the Competition:
    Estimated Start Date:
    Description:

Polls Currently Running:
    edited August 2019
    Upcoming Competitions
    Please do not take anyone's upcoming competitions without permission, even if they recently disappeared. After about 3-6 months of inactivity, then you can roll with the idea if you're still interested. Otherwise, respect your fellow models and don't take an upcoming competition without asking for their permission, because nobody wants to return from an emergency to see their idea taken, it can be pretty upsetting. Thank you for being considerate!
    (Reality/show based competitions like Miss Universe/World, Project Runway, and Next Top Model, are different due to not being an original idea, and waiting time can be lowered, but it is still recommended to wait.)

To have your upcoming competition displayed, please fill this out:
    Name of the Competition: (Even if it is just a WIP name. N/A will be added if you can't think of anything.)
    Estimated Arrival: (When do you expect to release it? Please make sure to look at the Upcoming and Current section when planning your release date.)
    Type: (Is it a CAS competition, an activity, or a regular competition?)
    Theme/Description: (Please explain what your comp is about, and the theme. Is it a fashion/modeling comp, story, supernatural, etc? What makes this comp different from the rest, and what will be happening? What do the assignments look like? Is it elimination, cumulative, etc.?)
    Name of the Competition:
    Host(s):
    Estimated Arrival:
    Type:
    Theme/Description:

Below the spoiler is the reference guide for understanding the labels, such as "Competition".
    Color Codes:
    Competition (Commitment; winners)
    Activity (No commitment/partial commitment; no winners)
    CAS (Create A Sim based competition)
    | [url=][/url] // by // Start Date:

Upcoming:
    Mizzie's WIP list:
    Needed a place for me to list my future comps too. ;) I've organized these based on what I want to host first, excluding any cycle/season 2+ comps as those are listed below the main list in their own sections. Anything that I am working on (such as fleshing out assignments) is marked as "WIP", anything that still has a name I am iffy on says "WIP Title", and anything I am doing both on is "WIP/Title". If I haven't worked on it yet I don't add WIP.
    Cycle/Season 1 Competitions
    • The Selection (WIP) - Based on the book series but you don’t need to read it to enjoy the competition! Quote: "The Selection is a competition between thirty-five girls called the Selected who compete to marry the prince and become the Princess of Illéa." (We will have less than 35 girls though, don’t worry!) Think of the book/competition as The Bachelor but with princes/princesses, politics, and mild Miss Universe/World for glamour and fashion. Assignments include themes such as: press attacks, romance focus (dates, imagined futures, etc.), and prepping to be the next Queen/King. Will be slightly RP based, but mainly on the judge/host side unless contestants choose to join in. This is a cumulative competition with eliminations every few rounds to simulate the Prince eliminating some girls. (And yes, a Princess version will be a future cycle!)
    • Pose (WIP) – Based on the (show) and the (ball culture) that inspired it, but you don’t need to have watched the show, or researched ball culture, to enjoy this competition! The competition has a high focus on fashion and creativity with poses (like the name), with modeling coming second. Editing is not a large focus either, but still needs to be clean. And backgrounds will be provided so everyone focuses on CC shopping instead of hunting for backgrounds. Contestants will be split into Houses, and each House will be competing against each other for first place. Each House is run by a “Mother” or “Father” who will help with certain assignment decisions, but the role is smaller than it sounds so please don’t worry. This is beginner friendly and will be a cumulative competition with no eliminations since it is based on group effort, and the competition will be short to help prevent drop outs (around 6 rounds or less).
    • Locks (WIP/Title) – This is a headshot competition that focuses on drawing your own hair styles. It has two groups, beginners and advanced, to make the competition fair and to allow everyone to participate on their own level. Tutorials will be linked for those that are new to drawing (including tutorials that don’t need a tablet!) and assignments will start simple and get progressively harder as the competition goes on. This is beginner friendly (since it’s a learning comp and has groups) and a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations for each group.
    • Game On! (WIP) – Based on games and gaming themes/scenarios, no focus on fashion/modeling. You do not have to play other games to join!  You can pick/make a race and class/job for your applications, then throughout the comp you will model your character in different scenarios. Scenarios can include NPC interactions, character development, fight scenes, specific quests types or themes, exploration and adventure, etc. Might involve some optional roleplaying/storytelling, depending on the assignment. This is a cumulative competition with no eliminations, so winners are determined by highest total (which is similar to a leveling system). Bonus points and other interesting game systems are involved to help people catch up or slow down.
    • Outrageous Modeling (WIP) – This is meant to be a comedy-based fashion competition, where you place your models in weird, awkward, or humorous situations! This includes themes like tripping during a photoshoot, food fights while trying to walk the catwalk, makeup/hair/clothes disasters, and possibly sabotage! The goal is to make the photo as funny as possible instead of our usual “I’m a serious model” competitions. This is a competition with eliminations.
    • American Horror Story (WIP) – This competition will have different themes each cycle, but each one will revolve around AHS, which is now on its 8th season (wondering if we’ll reach 10)! Themes can include recreating the poster images, representing or creating your own characters, etc. Either way, this competition is focused on representing the horror and weirdness that is common in the show. This is a competition with eliminations.
    • Body Art (WIP/Title) – This competition is slightly based on the show (Face Off) and the body painting show, (Skin Wars). This competition encourages drawing and manipulating prints/textures (for those that can't draw) to create the look you need. You will be using very little CC/game material, so costumes will be rare or drawn on the skin (since it's body painting). Props/backgrounds will usually be the only thing from the game or Google, and premade makeup won't be allowed unless it's small (like eyeshadow or eye decorations). This is a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations.
    • Game of Thrones - A more optional roleplaying/storytelling based competition where models create a character set in the GoT universe and must work their way through scenarios (aka the assignments/challenges) to win the iron throne/crown! This will be like the show, so it will be intense and not exactly kid friendly, but I will try to keep some assignments toned down. To avoid potential spoilers for some people, the universe and scenarios will mainly be focused on your character and the characters of the other models, with possibly a few guest appearances of characters from the actual show. As you can guess this is an elimination competition, lol.
    • RuPaul’s Drag Race (WIP Title) – Based off of the show, but more of a focus on modeling, with the usual funnies of course!! Wouldn't be RuPaul without them. :joy:~ I might make a comp based on RuPaul's but not with drag. It doesn't seem like the community here cares for it very much, but I know the craziness of the assignments and drama will probably attract some attention. I'll leave it up to vote later! I don't have a name in mind so it's stuck as this atm.

Cycle/Season 2 Competitions
    • Back to the Basics (Cycle 2 WIP) – An in-game only, and base game friendly, competition that has a mix of modeling and candid photography assignments. There is little to no editing except for what I list in the rules (filters, beauty modifications, and corrections). The goal is to encourage you to work on your basics, such as camerawork, lighting, building, etc. and encourage more people to use in-game photos when competing. You can see Cycle 1 here. This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with Final 3 eliminations.
    • Who Wore It Better? – This is a competition about dressing your model in pack clothing (base game, expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs!) and seeing who did better at wearing and flaunting it. Yes, I said packs! For the first cycle we will be focusing on Base Game clothing. Each round I will choose a piece of clothing that is the focus of your outfit. You will then design an outfit around that piece of clothing and come up with a theme. You are allowed to use any packs when dressing your model and you can’t use CC for the clothes, but the makeup, shoes, hair, accessories, etc. can be CC. Google can be used for hair or accessories too. You can also recolor or find recolors of outfits (recolors won't be considered CC if there are no mesh edits). You will then present your clothing in a creative way, using in-game backgrounds or photos only. This is beginner friendly and a competition with eliminations. You can see Cycle 1 here.
    • Fashionography - An editorial and high fashion focused modeling competition. The assignments are meant to challenge your creativity and skills every round, and I do mean challenge! This is a competition with eliminations and only has 6 rounds. This competition is more geared towards Intermediate & Advanced editors, though all levels are welcome to join and learn. You can see Cycle 1 here.

Cycle/Season 3 Competitions
    • Muse - A comp for people who enjoy all types of music, and depending the cycle, specific genres/eras! Each assignment you will be given a song to interpret and make an edit for, based on what you think is happening in the song or what the song is talking about, or what you feel. The assignments are open ended with no requirements, and I will be choosing songs that are either straight forward in meaning, or confusing. There is no fashion or modeling focus, just your creative interpretations. Cycle 3 has a nature theme. You can see Cycle 1 here and Cycle 2 here. This is beginner friendly and a cumulative competition with no eliminations.

Comps on Hold
    • Beginner's Modeling Bootcamp - Will reopen this at a later date, most likely towards the end of the school year as that is the time we get an influx of new members. It will most likely run the same way as the other time.
    • Intermediate Modeling Bootcamp - I've been debating about holding one as there are quite a few who need guidance through intermediate editing. I'm thinking it will be similar to the beginner's comp but different, with more freedom in the assignments and less of focusing on following tutorials. Not sure though.
    edited August 2019
    Current Competitions
    I included both this forum and the new forum
    You can use this format to submit your competition, or I will eventually get to it myself.
    Link to Competition: (Go to the front page of your competition, copy the link and paste here.)
    Open or Closed: (Open = Means join at any time, Closed = signups required. Not needed for past competitions.)
    Games Allowed: (Is it Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, or all of the above? Not needed for past competitions.)
    Status: (Taking applications, or closed sign-ups? Not needed for past competitions.)
    Link to Competition:
    Host(s):
    Open or Closed:
    Games Allowed:

If something needs to be added or altered, post or message me!
    New/recurring comps are on top to make sure they are seen by everybody. Closed comps are in the middle. Postponed comps are on the bottom.
    Below the spoiler is the reference guide for understanding the labels, such as "Recurring".
    Color Codes:
    Taking Applications/Open (Taking Applications = signups are open; Open Contest = participate anytime, no commitment)
    Sign-ups Closed (Competition has started or not opened yet)
    Postponed/Paused/Launching Soon (Host has disappeared or paused it)
    Recurring (The comp always restarts on the same thread and immediately after the last cycle ended)
    All Games (All games are allowed to participate)
    Sims 4 only (Sadly, S4 models only)
    Twitter/Discord/Offsite (Hosted on Twitter, Discord, or some other place)
    Testing (Unsure about this comp and how it runs, and/or if it allows faceplastering; only applies to offsite)
    [url=][/url] // by //

Recommendation*:

*Too many competitions will burn out both the hosts and models, leading to some dropping, abandoning, or being unable to join in due to other commitments.

If your competition fails or has ended, remember to change the title to "Closed" or "Winner Announced"!

Modeling:
    Activities:
    • Sims Editing Workshop // by jilliebee22, MizoreYukii, Vanadis, and themelonic // Recurring // All Games // Open

CAS:
      edited June 2019
      Past Competitions
      This is where past competitions, completed or unfinished, will go. If the host deleted the information, or several other factors made it pointless to look at, it will not be included. If the assignments are still standing but the banners aren't, I will still link it.
      This section will take quite a while to fill out, as the Sims modeling history is a loooong one. I will be doing my best to track them down, but help is always appreciated!

If you like one of these past competitions and want to run it, please read this before doing anything:
      • It is highly recommended to make your own version with your own ideas rather than starting one exactly like it. Many hosts can agree that they would prefer no one take their competition, and instead would prefer if a competition inspired by their competition be made instead.
      • Has the host disappeared? It is always best to contact them first, but if they aren't available it is best to wait 1+ years before you run that specific idea (if your idea is similar but of your own making, this does not apply!). If the host has been missing for longer than a year, then your situation is a bit different.
      • If the host is not gone, you must ask for permission first. If they say no, it means no.
      • Once you have permission, or it has been a reaaaaally long time since the original host has been online, then you can move forward. However, do not copy their competition word for word or reuse their banners (unless you asked for permission). That is stealing their hard work.
      • Remember to not name it "Season 2", "Season 3", "Cycle 3" etc., if you do run it. Do not claim the competition as yours either, give credit to the original host in the opening statement/post, and I would even recommend giving it an updated name. Be aware that if the host comes back they will probably be very upset about you continuing the comp as if you were the original owner. Also, remember that if the original host does come back, they are still the original owner, be respectful and take the competition down by their request.

Use this form below to submit a previous competition (yours or someone elses's):
      Link to Competition: (Go to the front page of your competition, copy the link and paste here.)
      Link to Competition:
      Host(s):

[url=][/url] // by
      Permission (This means the host has given their full consent for someone to take over their competition.)
      (insert name) (These are other names the host goes by)

This section is a major WIP, so if you don't see your competition yet, don't freak out! Submit a form or wait patiently for me to get to it.

These are organized by categories. Some fit multiple categories, others are difficult to label in general. I have used my best judgement to organize these, but if you feel one belongs in a different category, you are welcome to suggest an alternative.
      The list of categories and their descriptions are below the spoiler.
      • Modeling & Fashion – Always together; very broad but basically anything focusing on actual modeling/fashion assignments
      • Fashion – No CAS or modeling, just a fashion focus. Some comps may have a hint of modeling.
      • Advertisement/Magazine – Ad and magazine only comps
      • Celebrity – Only if focus is on being a celebrity/becoming one; models not included (actors, singers, bands, etc.)
      • Reality/TV Show – Anything based on reality shows or real life events, plus pageants
      • Inspiration – images based on something that inspires
      • Story/Caption/Roleplay/Writing – has writing element of some sort (questions don’t count)
      • Fandom – Anything considered fandom, including superheroes (anime, shows/movies that aren’t reality based, games, books/comics, Superheroes)
      • Fantasy/Mythology – Anything related to fantasy/mythology
      • Horror/Supernatural – Anything supernatural/horror
      • Scifi – Anything scifi or science related
      • Vanilla/No CC/In-game – Everything in-game only, no cc, or base game only
      • Open Competition – Has winners; no commitment
      • Activity – Semi-commitment/Commitment or open; no winners
      • CAS – Make sims/families/households; little to no focus on modeling; makeovers
      • Misc - Anything not fitting the other categories, or difficult to label, and includes mentor/teaching comps

This section has been split into two parts. Modeling & Fashion is one large post, while everything from Fashion to Misc. is in the post down below. Please click here or scroll to get to the next section.

Modeling & Fashion
      edited June 2019
      [url=][/url] // by

Fashion
      Advertisement/Magazine
      Celebrity
      Reality/TV Show
      Inspiration/Creativity Based
      Story/Caption/Roleplay/Writing
      Fandom
      Fantasy/Mythology
      Horror/Supernatural
      Scifi
      Vanilla/No CC/In-game
      Open Competition
      Activity
      CAS
      Misc.
      edited August 2019
      Saving post
      General Competition Timeline: (Use this, plus Current and Upcoming competitions to determine the best release date.)
      • Late January through early May - Slightly slow traffic, but opening a new comp and succeeding is doable since there are a lack of major holidays, and schools are starting to finish towards May, plus Spring Break.
      • Late May through early September - These are the Summer months, which are the best months for opening competitions! We not only get an influx of new members over these months, but we also welcome returning models back after a year of hard work. Save heavy editing and time demanding comps for these months (such as fantasy, sci-fi, strict modeling, etc.)
      • Late September through early January - These are the worst months for competitions due to school, holidays, and certain events. Competitions, even after opening in early September, have a high chance to fail during these months. Some competitions can open during these months and do well, but only if the concept catches enough interest. Strongly recommend checking for general interest via poll or post before proceeding.
      edited June 2016
      Finally done! The Modeling Competition Directory is now open!
      You can find the new and improved modeling tag list(s) in the second post, and what this thread is about in the first section. Please make sure to actually check out the second post instead of just copying and pasting what is below.

@alexis3142 @lovejess2 @esharpmajor @themysticalpoet @HannaHasSims @Ash89 @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @joanb615 @YJB19299 @picklesthecat114 @AmazingAmphy @MaggiSimmer @Zita1966z @ironknight35 @BobSkellington @CazzTregurtha @psykt @MissBirdie @Doll_9 @AshLenn @Kelebek @abillings1978 @xJojox @HAROZ @pammiechick @dafadolly @Pebblycat @abelhinha35 @dollarbill88 @LeslieM25 @Spookshow @Meeshelby @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Vanadis @IncomingVirus @ladybug65 @NotMeMaggie @Munterbacon @Sterretjeee @Chaos_Fairy @Hannie @Maladi777 @EmmaSmile @buydebug @Calico @strawberrigurl @JenLadyBird88 @katniss9 @fabtiffsim @AngiesSmith @Jellysimwich @JennaKatz @ChloeDeCookie @HYSterling @gramatique @Ciarassims @iiimee
    • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
      OMG THIS IS A FANTASTIC IDEA!
      *sorry about the excitement. lol*
      But yeah love this. I'm sure everyone will agree too. Why wasn't this thought of earlier?!
      xJojox wrote: »
      OMG THIS IS A FANTASTIC IDEA!
      *sorry about the excitement. lol*
      But yeah love this. I'm sure everyone will agree too. Why wasn't this thought of earlier?!

Awww, thank you!
      While talking with someone a while back about what competition to release, she was wondering why there wasn't a way to easily find past competitions to check for already done themes, etc. I had already been making my own competition thread at that time. After she mentioned wishing for a directory, I realized, "Why not?". So I stopped the work on mine and then opened this thread here. I got distracted by so many other things that it took a looong time for it to become officially finished, but now it is!

I used to host a thread just like this with a partner over in Gifting and Gathering for Sims 3, but after sims 4 launched (the forum was a ghost town), school, and she disappeared, the thread died. :cry:
      edited June 2016
      same thing happened to my forum when sims 3 came out. i had sims 2 forum i hosted on my own. quite popular in its time ... but once sims 3 come out it died and become ghosted out :(
      @xJojox Ahhh, that sucks. :c The Gifting and gathering community eventually bounced back, but it's not as strong as it used to be. I find it strange that so many left for Sims 3 though. I thought most players preferred Sims 2?
    • JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
      edited February 2021
      Deleted
      Post edited by JoyfulSims on
      JoyfulSims wrote: »
      Please do not tag me. This is really annoying and being tagged in random posts that I did not participate in is super confusing. I can't believe you'd put me in a list like this without even bothering to ask. If I had known that was the effect I would've never participated in any contest and I will most likely not participate in any future contests either. Please remove me from this list.

You've already been removed.
      edited June 2016
      @joyfulsims - sorry to tag u again but there is a nice way of saying i do not want to be tagged ... and not. You have included yourself into the community by entering contests and basically taking interest in what happens in this part of the forum ... people tag you because we like to get everyone involved. That's all its for, not to be confusing .. but for you to enjoy the things all the sims modelling community does. You can simply ask to be removed from the list without the other remarks that come off quite rude. Just saying.
      Post edited by xJojox on
    • JoyfulSimsJoyfulSims Posts: 287 Member
      edited February 2021
      Deleted
      Post edited by JoyfulSims on
    • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
      I'm with @Xjojox on this one. That said, I have already removed @joyfulsims prior to this thread from my tag list.
    • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
      *Clap clap @MizoreYukii !! Outstanding work ! <3
      Geez I never realized I had so many comps going at one time lol. Some will never open again the ones that I keep on the shelve for later seasons are:

Simlympics (waiting for more sport poses)
      The Bachelor
      Miss Country Girl

I've been working on a new project (per request) but now that I saw your list I'm not sure to pursue it..even though I have already started with all the preparations lol ...It's called Rupauls Sim Drag Race.

Maybe we should put it 2 your vote :)
    • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
      @MizoreYukii this is SO AMAZING! Practically revolutionary in helping the modeling community, you always do such an amazing job hun! *hugs* <3
      3gXRDPf.gif
      Twitter: @Penguinwa101
      Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
      Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    • gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
      Hi, thanks so much for your hard work! I do have something that I'd like to clarify, being new to this and all haha.

What does it mean when you're categorised under voting? Does it mean if the hosts require a public vote, this is the list they're tagging?

Thanks again! :)
    • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
      This makes me SO happy!!!! Yay @MizoreYukii !!!
    • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
      Genius idea! You're so helpful in the modeling section I love it :) It's really great to have someone who's generous enough to take the time to help us all!