Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @CitizenErased14 - Here is something with sims laying down but you might have to photoshop out the towel or make it whatever color you want if you need it to blend.
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Thank you @BabyDollAnne and @octojenn ! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @CitizenErased14 I don't use mods but you can easily just use the "do sit-ups" interaction to get them lie on the floor in a pensive way:

YccGYx.jpg
    Another great idea! Thanks, @ThePlumbob !
    snvAF3B.png
    Okay, I'm back already with another question for everyone :tongue:

I'm considering adding a "Characters" page to both of my story blogs, but I've never done it before! What type of info do you guys typically put (if you do a page like this!). I thought it would be an interesting way for readers to maybe learn more about the characters (including little facts about them that are more "off-camera"/don't come up in the story).

snvAF3B.png
    I think @RoryGilmore34 has started a pretty good example on her blog. Her Meet the Characters thingy. I haven't done so yet on my blog but I have on my Simblr. I typically add their traits. For your blog it might be nice to see a short bio piece.
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    One question here does anyone know how to get a sim to run instead of walk slowly? I have seen sims do it but I have no idea what the condition is
    edited August 2015
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    One question here does anyone know how to get a sim to run instead of walk slowly? I have seen sims do it but I have no idea what the condition is

@Julyvee94 I semi-figured this out for some screenshots before! :lol: I don't know if there's another way, but what I figured out is that it all has to do with distance. If you give a sim a short distance to travel, they'll walk there. If you give them a long distance, they'll run.

If I ever need them to run, what I do is click "Go Here" for a spot that's much farther than where I actually want them to go, and they'll run to get there. :) Then I just make them go back to where I actually needed them for the next screenshot (if necessary)

snvAF3B.png
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member
    Hey guys, have you heard the interview about Get Together? It's making me like it a lot more!
    Gamescom Interview With Lyndsay Pearson
    Ohh parties in the ruins, that could be fun.
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    Here is my lastest update: Parenting & Daily Life

@SummerFalls Maybe you could enjoy check this out. I also now have a CC and and working on another.

My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Don't know if any you missed it but... I uploaded a new story called meet the cartwright go check it out!!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    octojenn wrote: »
    I think @RoryGilmore34 has started a pretty good example on her blog. Her Meet the Characters thingy. I haven't done so yet on my blog but I have on my Simblr. I typically add their traits. For your blog it might be nice to see a short bio piece.

Thanks @octojenn I love the way she does hers! :)

I now have one more question related to this :lol: I'm wondering whether I should stick purely to the traits the characters actually have in-game? Or how I write them? I find the 3-trait system so limiting haha So (for example) I write and play Lucas as a bit of a bookworm. He has that trait in my head, but not as one of his three traits I chose in-game (simply because there wasn't enough room haha).

So would I list him as a bookworm on his bio? Hmmm...
    snvAF3B.png
  • putacece4lyfeputacece4lyfe Posts: 1,734 Member
    I've been away for awhile I've seen. How is everyone? :)
    disney-princess-challenge.png

Disney Princess Legacy Challenge Updated: 12/20 | Monthly Short Story Blog: Simming Through the Story Hour Haitus | It's an Olivia Love World Haitus

I now have one more question related to this :lol: I'm wondering whether I should stick purely to the traits the characters actually have in-game? Or how I write them? I find the 3-trait system so limiting haha So (for example) I write and play Lucas as a bit of a bookworm. He has that trait in my head, but not as one of his three traits I chose in-game (simply because there wasn't enough room haha).

Ah good point, I personally would list the traits as you write them. I also use the extra traits mods for my game and that helps a tad.
    I just went on a huuuuge CC haul, sorry to my game <3
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @BabyDollAnne I left a comment on your post about your hiatus. <3

Good Whatever-It-Is Everyone. Today is another boring day for me. My dad stole my husband for fishing...again. Maybe, writer's block be darned, I'll finish writing chapter one for my new story.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    BgBn7510 wrote: »
    Here is my lastest update: Parenting & Daily Life

@SummerFalls Maybe you could enjoy check this out. I also now have a CC and and working on another.

Ooh! I'll have a look since I'm pretty much free today :)
    I'll get this Greenwood Chapter written up and I'll take a look!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |

Good Whatever-It-Is Everyone. Today is another boring day for me. My dad stole my husband for fishing...again. Maybe, writer's block be darned, I'll finish writing chapter one for my new story.

You make me cry like a beach. Also, while hubby's away its Candys time to play.... a lot of sims. xD
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

You make me cry like a beach. Also, while hubby's away its Candys time to play.... a lot of sims. xD

my favorte part of the comment was the word steal because he is giving him back.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

Not quite. I'm already on gen 2 of my test family lol. Fi and Alexander are married, and Ruto is the heir lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    @BabyDollAnne, I may have missed the welcoming wagon of hugs but... I have a table of cupcakes, cookies, coffee and lots of hugs if you need them! :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |

Not quite. I'm already on gen 2 of my test family lol. Fi and Alexander are married, and Ruto is the heir lol.

Do I have to fight you for all the good left over Zelda names omg. THIIIEF <3 I call the name Monica after Monica Rembrant from Dark Cloud tho, if we're expanding to every awesome game ever :3
    @BabyDollAnne, I may have missed the welcoming wagon of hugs but... I have a table of cupcakes, cookies, coffee and lots of hugs if you need them! :)

*with a mouth full of cupcake* thaaaank you, you're a good friend. #RainingCrumbs :3
    edited August 2015

Ah good point, I personally would list the traits as you write them. I also use the extra traits mods for my game and that helps a tad.

Thanks for the input! I think I'm gonna go in-game now (since I'm working on my bios anyway :tongue: ) and try to add extra traits to characters where necessary (I have a mod that I believe allows this!). That way, I'll feel better knowing my characters actually have all the traits I write them as :lol:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top