Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World, neighbourhoods in next ep. I'm confused

I'm told that there will be new neighbour hoods in new EP world. How many residential house building lots would there be then?

Would they have to be as Get to Work and Out Door Retreat neighbourhoods? Extra lots for holiday houses and pubs as they have etc?

Comments

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Not known
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    As I understand it and with the limited info we have, It's a whole new world. Think of it has Willow Creek. That's a world and with in that world there are neighborhoods. What we don't know, as of yet, is exactly how big this world will be. They've confirmed 64 by 64 lots so perhaps this world will be larger then what we are used to in this game.
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    They aren't worlds , they aren't towns , they aren't villages .. they are lots broken up with loading screens which kills any sense of 'community'
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I asked because SimsVIP posted this as confirmed content and it doesn't seem to have much room for houses!

•"A complete new world"
    •"Neighborhoods include a charming traditional countryside, a town square, ultra-modern business district, and an exclusive private island"
    •Will be able to live in Windenburg

http://simsvip.com/forums/threads/gt-confirmed-content.1326/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I'm told that there will be new neighbour hoods in new EP world. How many residential house building lots would there be then?

Would they have to be as Get to Work and Out Door Retreat neighbourhoods? Extra lots for holiday houses and pubs as they have etc?

The new world is as big as Willow Creek and as Oasis Springs.

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/07/the-sims-4-get-together-presentation-tweets/
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Newcrest was introduced as a new neighbourhood so we got fifteen new lots. SimsVIP mentions one world, 3 new neighbourhoods that is why I am confused.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Newcrest was introduced as a new neighbourhood so we got fifteen new lots. SimsVIP mentions one world, 3 new neighbourhoods that is why I am confused.

Let's see, Newcrest has three neighborhoods each with 5 lots :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    The world is also not completed yet so we won't know 100% sure how big it is until it's finished.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options

Actually Newcrest is a new "world" not neighborhood. With in it there are 3 neighborhoods consisting of 5 lots. So Windenburg is a new world that will also have neighborhoods.

https://youtu.be/3iG5wj0k1pQ

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes, but it was introduced as a Neighbourhood! A neigbourhood with neighbourhoods!
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes, but it was introduced as a Neighbourhood! A neigbourhood with neighbourhoods!

No it was not. Take a look at my previous post with the official trailer.

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    None of them are worlds since Sims can/do/always travel between them. Lol

I don't get it either but it'll be fun to see since I like the look of the town.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I don't get it either but it'll be fun to see since I like the look of the town.

LOL!

I actually like this in sims 4. I wish we had that ability in 3 with out mods that is. :p

• Options
    Possibly the truth is somewhere inbetween. I took my facts from another website unfortunately. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    JoBass24us wrote: »

LOL!

I actually like this in sims 4. I wish we had that ability in 3 with out mods that is. :p

XD I actually don't. I like keeping my games (World Themes*) separate. I never used that mod in TS3. :P
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    edited August 2015

Since they are still working in the ''Winderburg'' World, I ask a guru with a tweet to make them bigger . I WANT BIGGER PLAYABLE AREAS. MORE PLAYBLE AREAS THAN DECORATION
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options

LOL!

XD I actually don't. I like keeping my games (World Themes*) separate. I never used that mod in TS3. :P

Understandable.

For me, its nice to have dedicated or themed worlds with out having to put everything the game offers in one world in order to enjoy it. In TS3 this was hard because you could move to other worlds but you'd lose your relationships.

As the game grows and gets more expansions it will be nice to have a vacation world, like a tropical island with all the activities and be able to travel there from your home world that is not tropical but has seasons.

That's if we get that of course.

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    How has EA ever justified calling them worlds? I call them street corners.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

LOL!

Understandable.

For me, its nice to have dedicated or themed worlds with out having to put everything the game offers in one world in order to enjoy it. In TS3 this was hard because you could move to other worlds but you'd lose your relationships.

As the game grows and gets more expansions it will be nice to have a vacation world, like a tropical island with all the activities and be able to travel there from your home world that is not tropical but has seasons.

That's if we get that of course.

It'll be nice to see those tropical Sims traveling in our normal neighborhood lots. XD
    It'll still be one little world with the same limited Sims mixed up to do different jobs and then moved out the next day. :(

I still think TS2 did it best with us being able to choose which subhoods and was hoping with this closed world trade off Maxis would actually go back to it's roots but do it better. :(

But, I still love playing TS2 and I'm okay waiting to see if this game can expand in to include my game style. :)

• Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    If they just gave us the ability to edit these so called worlds I think I could be happy...maybe. I want to make my own lot sizes and fix those public areas and put what I want in them. There is so much wasted space in these "worlds. Sorry if off topic But I'm confused too about the whole set up also. :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I think it looks good, myself. Not too into the whole "club" idea, but I was never into cliques, either. But, it may be fun. I'm excited about a 64 X 64 lot. I used to always use them in TS3. I build big, because it gives better camera angles when I'm playing. I'm also very happy we no longer have chimneys blocking up the view!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Olivesims2 wrote: »
    If they just gave us the ability to edit these so called worlds I think I could be happy...maybe. I want to make my own lot sizes and fix those public areas and put what I want in them. There is so much wasted space in these "worlds. Sorry if off topic But I'm confused too about the whole set up also. :)

This may help you :)http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/840619/easy-trick-how-to-add-objects-in-the-neighborhoods-out-of-any-lot-working-100-no-mods-d-updated#latest
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    John_Salonica Saw that thread and pretty cool, But Still wish for a real edit tool :) Also deleting lots and resizing them :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    Olivesims2 wrote: »
    John_Salonica Saw that thread and pretty cool, But Still wish for a real edit tool :) Also deleting lots and resizing them :)

Me2.. I wish they will give us CREATE A WORLD one day.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Will they at least create families for the new world, or will they cut them as well? smiley-talk003.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.