Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voice Your Opinion! Get Together Needs To Be Scrapped

Comments

• InsanityInsanity Posts: 54 Member
    You can't just expect them to announce an Expansion Pack that they've worked months on and then scrap it because a few people don't like it.
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Woahbro1 wrote: »
    I totally respect your opinion, but there are many simmers who'd still buy this expansion pack. Myself included.

I want family play just as much as the next person even though I hate toddlers, they deserve to be in the game. Generations was my favorite expansion pack in the Sims 3, but I still appreciate other kinds of gameplay. Plenty of simmers love throwing parties and playing singular sims and aren't a big fan of generational play. I think it's a bit harsh to tell them to scrap it when people are still excited about it. It's like a generations ep being announced and having the party-esque, single player sims telling EA to scrap that.

Yes, the trailer was vague. That means that we don't know enough about the entirety of the pack to be judging it completely which is why I haven't. I'm not a big fan of the title however because it's way too close to Get To Work. Like people have said, if you don't like it don't buy it. It's completely up to you in the end, just don't make things personal and call simmers who want to buy this blind or brainwashed. Keep it classy.

Word. That could start a World War III around here and I'd stay out of the forum until its over :D

PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • AstraAlvinaAstraAlvina Posts: 96 Member
    Honestly, I don't even have TS4, but I've kept up with all the news about the expansions and stuff packs just to see if maybe something makes it worth the money. And... I don't see it. Everytime they announce a new pack, I try to take in the information with an open mind, but somehow feel let down everytime. First and foremost, for me as for many others, the main concern is still missing basic functionality which should have been there. But that has been voiced so many times that I won't even bother saying more about this matter.
    My main concern at this point is that anything they put out feels like a bit too little, a bit too late. I understand that Get Together is supposed to be this party pack, but somehow the trailer just doesn't really give me the feel. The fact that the song they used was in English instead of Simlish put me off even more. The whole presentation itself looked almost although it had been put together at the last moment just to fill their allocated time at the stage, and that adds up to my concerns. If they can't find anything interesting enough about the pack to talk about while at the stage... It should definitely trigger a small warning light.

As for the scrapping... Of course EA won't scrap this expansion pack, there are always people who'll buy it and maybe even enjoy it. And that's totally fine. But if you're unhappy with what EA is putting out there, you always have the chance to abstain from buying. As the customer, your main way of telling a company that you don't like their games is simply not buying them. If many enough share your opinion and do the same, sooner or later it will force the company to reconsider what they're doing, because they'll feel the economical downside to acting in a way that does not please their customers.
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I don't think a lot of people are saying people that like the game are brainwashed or blind. lol. One person said it and people have been expressing their feelings about it.

Honestly, I like sims 4.

What I hate is that I'm an experienced simmer with knowledge this game has a huge gap and hole based on past games.

but maybe that is the mistake a lot of us old players are doing. We are looking back at what we have had, and we want it back.
    It seems like that is not what maxis/EA has planned for us so far.

Yes, people deserve to be sad and even upset. I am.

but same time, maybe we need to just dump what we have seen and expect something totally different. I have personally been trying to do this, but is hard, because even dumping it, I'm still in realization this could of been so much better.

Sims 4 looks amazing to me far as graphics, and I think it actually functions better than 3 did, even thou 3 had so much more. I know that we had to sacrifice our open worlds and that makes me super sad, but I see the logic in that and I try to deal with it.

Even thou I'm more dissapointed with the sims Expansion pack than I am happy (honestly, I don't plan on buying it at all unless a sale or something happens at this point unless something is told to me that blows my mind), I still think the sims 4 game is neat.

and people who love it are fine with liking it if they do.
    I think a lot of people are just mad. lol
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• perabearperabear Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2015
    I agree. Looks like EA is about to wreck another great series in the same way they did to SimCity.
  • laladottyspotlalalaladottyspotlala Posts: 307 Member
    This is the first time ever since I've started playing sims that I don't like the expansion. Maybe i'll buy it on sale but definitely passing this time when it releases. It looks like this EP is all about clubbing and that gets boring.... :(
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm not saying that it doesn't have some nice things and maybe things I don't know about, but to add more party on top of all the party stuff we already have instead of giving us something new is mind blowing. I like the closets; if there are vamps, then I really love them; and I'm sure I will like some of the animations, stuff, hair, and clothes, but it all centers around YA and Parties, which have been done to death in this small series of S4. Many playing styles including mine don't include drinking and partying and that playstyle has already gotten pleanty while others have very little. People are upset because this is the last EP of the year and it is adding more of the same instead of game changing features. I don't understand what is up with pushing drinking down sim players throats. :s
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I'm confused. I was planning to get all packs that came out, but what does this one actually ADD? I watched the trailers and saw sims hanging out in a bar, partying and swimming. AFAIK we could do that already. Okay, not in a lake, and we can now show off our sims new clothes, but is that really worth all that money? If I am buying a game expansion I expect the game to be expanded, and I'm not seeing it here....
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I'm confused. I was planning to get all packs that came out, but what does this one actually ADD? I watched the trailers and saw sims hanging out in a bar, partying and swimming. AFAIK we could do that already. Okay, not in a lake, and we can now show off our sims new clothes, but is that really worth all that money? If I am buying a game expansion I expect the game to be expanded, and I'm not seeing it here....

New things that aren't already in the game. An island, a closet and a new neighborhood.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    But if you're unhappy with what EA is putting out there, you always have the chance to abstain from buying. As the customer, your main way of telling a company that you don't like their games is simply not buying them. If many enough share your opinion and do the same, sooner or later it will force the company to reconsider what they're doing, because they'll feel the economical downside to acting in a way that does not please their customers.

;)

You can't swim in a lake; that is a new pool tool.

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    If it doesn't contan DJ booth music and visuals like in this old commercial, then sure, it needs to be scrapped right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDznE2y4F7Q
  • LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    I don't think it needs to be scrapped. A lot of simmers including myself wanted more exciting clubs because they're simply just too boring right now. Hopefully this adds to the nightlife experience in a good way.

I do however, think there's too much going on in really showing us what the EP is really about. They should have focused on the MAIN aspect of the EP in the trailer/Gamescom and then slowly integrated the rest of the aspects in later news.

- Not sure if what I said makes any sense
  • damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    edited August 2015

I mean no disrespect but what exactly was the purpose of your post aside from inciting the very disturbance you accuse the Author of.

No disrespect taken.

I think I made myself very clear, but I'll be nice and restate it for you. The point of my post was to say that I can think of no logical reason why a dedicated simmer would post topics like "Get Together Needs to Be Scrapped!" on an official forum unless they are purposefully trolling. To expect that EA might scrap its next Sims EP this close to release because a fan called Get Together "garbage" after a teaser trailer was released is laughable. The OP knows this, so why is he/she even starting a thread like this in the first place?

In other words, posting angry rants like these when there is little information available, and there are way too many topics here like this in my opinion, are pointless and unnecessary, and appear to be designed to incite disappointed simmers into an internet frenzy over not getting the content they expect/want/hope for. It's a passive aggressive way of venting that is silly and a little childish. So, unless you have another reasonable explanation for this kind behavior I'm sticking with trolls. ;)
  • damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    I see both sides on this debate. No, complains and anger don't really help, but people are frustrated after requests are denied and long ignored. Calling the complainers ridiculous and implying that they have no sense is no less trolling, just trolling on the other side.

I don't think trolling means what you think it does.

• ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I find the threads that speak for the collective of the Sim community.... entertaining, to say the least.

We barely know anything about Get Together so, honestly, how can you think it needs to be scrapped, seriously? From what we did see, stupid dance number aside, it seems like a interesting take on Nightlife.

The trailer leaves much to the imagination and rightfully so, seeing as it's still being worked on, from what I've heard. I think we need to hear more about what's in it before one person goes shoving all the others off a cliff with them. No one was really interested in Get to Work and half the other packs for that matter and hated the idea of ALL of them but they turned out really great and unique so far, in my opinion. It's sad, but it feels like no matter EA does with Sims 4 people will find something to hate. Sad because the game REALLY isn't as horrible as most make it out to be.

Long story short: Relax and wait for more info. From what I saw there wasn't anything wrong with what they showed, they just didn't show enough.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    [quote="damong63;13959229"]

No disrespect taken.

I think I made myself very clear, but I'll be nice and restate it for you. The point of my post was to say that I can think of no logical reason why a dedicated simmer would post topics like "Get Together Needs to Be Scrapped!" on an official forum unless they are purposefully trolling. To expect that EA might scrap its next Sims EP this close to release because a fan called Get Together "garbage" after a teaser trailer was released is laughable. The OP knows this, so why is he/she even starting a thread like this in the first place?

In other words, posting angry rants like these when there is little information available, and there are way too many topics here like this in my opinion, are pointless and unnecessary, and appear to be designed to incite disappointed simmers into an internet frenzy over not getting the content they expect/want/hope for. It's a passive aggressive way of venting that is silly and a little childish. So, unless you have another reasonable explanation for this kind behavior I'm sticking with trolls. ;)
    [/quote]

The closed emotion to love is hate. Most of that hate towards the whatever you see in the sims is because they actually care out this game. You right that if people really didn't care they wouldn't be posting on this forum.Regardless of people's opinions here they are here because at the end of the day they care about the sims series.

The perfectly reasonable explanation you are looking for is simply that the authors and others (even partially myself) got excited for the announcement and only to be disappointed by Get Together. And that disappointment hurts, which leads to anger then very quickly you get topics like these.
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I enjoy TS4. I am open to having my mind changed about this expansion once I know more. Since it drops in November it's probably not complete right now. But right now, as neat as some of the features sound, like the euro-themed world and dj booth, the G2G EP seems a bit hodge-podge and makes more sense as a GP than a $40 EP.

I also suspect that the devs are behind schedule on their deadlines, hence the gamescom dancing time waste. Why send them to Europe with solely an announcement of a seemingly disjointed EP that is probably nowhere near done yet?

That said, on one hand I get the disappointment because gamescom got hyped up for such a pathetically weak announcemenf. At the same time, I completely disagree with the idea that EPs in previous iterations of the Sims were all targeted to everyone. I have probably spent percentages of my life playing the Sims from TS1 on, but I have skipped certain EPs because they don't appeal to me, like the magic and supernatural ones. It doesn't mean other simmers shouldn't be able to enjoy them and they should've been scrapped just because *I* don't like it. Yes, there should be more family play content (although historically that has usually come later), but don't assume there aren't simmers who want content you personally don't care for or that your tastes are superior.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    missmani09 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    About FAMILY PLAYERS!! UGH!

I could watch that all day :p
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    missmani09 wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    About FAMILY PLAYERS!! UGH!

I could watch that all day :p

me, too... or something else to it all day.
  • lapislazulilapislazuli Posts: 73 Member
    Can we please remember that the trailer wasn't the official one? It was the announcement trailer, right? We have so little information on this pack and you already want to scrap it? Please.
    anyways,
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    cth328 wrote: »
    Get Together is nothing more than a mess put together last minute. "Wait till the game is released". NO. Voice your opinion Simmers! Show EA that putting out garbage isn't going to work.

yup - not buying

as long the devs treat devoted players as fools - no

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Ouch... So much hate on here. :hushed:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    I dont apppreciate the price but i do appreciate the content. Im not gonna pay 50 bucks for the same old garbage.. sorry.

They need to start working on those new survey ideas. not the university or vacation though. same stuff..
  • simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    Yeah, I have zero interest in this.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top