Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voice Your Opinion! Get Together Needs To Be Scrapped

Comments

• banana_x_xxbanana_x_xx Posts: 41 Member
    It is ridiculous how some of you "voice your opinion". Whatever way you feel, there is way to commicate and being disrespectful is just not it. Who wants to listen to someone who yells and screams?
    The way I see it, if you are not happy, do not purchase. No one is holding you by your throat. All this hatred and over a game is disgusting.
    Yes, I do hope for toddlers and other things and yes this does seem like a party pack but is August and the game is released in November. There is lots we don't know and surely there will be some great things added. Keep an open mind. I see huge potential for the Sims 4. What is " toxic" is the way some of you speak to each other
  • damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    After avoiding the forums for months I came by here to see what people are saying about the the new EP announcement today, and all I see is complaining and/or going after each other's throats in practically every thread. :( It was the same thing during the Sims 3 days and here we are, years later, and some players just can't resist starting ridiculous topics like this one. I'd forgotten why I stopped coming here, but now I remember. Trolls everywhere.

Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that there is simply no excuse for continuing to use a product or continually participate in discussions about a product that you obviously hate. As a consumer venting a complaint is normal, however EA/Maxis does not exist to do your bidding, and if you find that over time that a product or service they produce doesn't fulfill your needs and expectations then move on. The Sims franchise doesn't revolve around you, me or anyone else here.

The only conclusion left to draw about the players creating topics like this one is that they aren't here for substantive discussion. They just want to cause a disturbance. So have fun with all the bickering and fighting.

Bye! :p
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    > @TreelifeCreation said:
    >

> @damong63 said:
    > After avoiding the forums for months I came by here to see what people are saying about the the new EP announcement today, and all I see is complaining and/or going after each other's throats in practically every thread. :( It was the same thing during the Sims 3 days and here we are, years later, and some players just can't resist starting ridiculous topics like this one. I'd forgotten why I stopped coming here, but now I remember. Trolls everywhere.
    >
    > Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that there is simply no excuse for continuing to use a product or continually participate in discussions about a product that you obviously hate. As a consumer venting a complaint is normal, however EA/Maxis does not exist to do your bidding, and if you find that over time that a product or service they produce doesn't fulfill your needs and expectations then move on. The Sims franchise doesn't revolve around you, me or anyone else here.
    >
    > The only conclusion left to draw about the players creating topics like this one is that they aren't here for substantive discussion. They just want to cause a disturbance. So have fun with all the bickering and fighting.
    >
    > Bye! :p

I mean no disrespect but what exactly was the purpose of your post aside from inciting the very disturbance you accuse the Author of.

This topic was clearly labelled so if it wasn't something you wanted to see you then it would have been easy to avoid?

Of course your entitled to disagree with the author and to post your disagreement in the topic (as many have) but you don't need to call the Author and everyone elseTrolls to do so.
  • Sweetgirl612Sweetgirl612 Posts: 16 Member
    I had an idea for how they could actually please fans and corporate, though I’m loosing faith that they’ll ever do anything like this. The thought is a Sims 4: Family Life expansion pack. Before release, a free update would patch in toddlers with very basic functionality, similar to what they had in Sims 2 base game. This would please fans (like myself) who have been dying for this life stage and believe it should be free content. Then the expansion would please EA by strongly encouraging family play fans as well as non-family play fans to buy it by including:

a) lots of toddler content: clothes, hairstyles, play pens, rocking horses, toys that toddlers and children can play with together that increases multi-toddler/children interactivity, more feeding options for toddlers with high chairs (you could even do some other expansion tie ins like sims with high wellness skill could make their own baby food), changing tables, kidde pools, sprinklers to play in (which can also be used for kids and to water plants), little tricycles, etc.
    b) more activities for children: ballet/hip hop dance lessons, merry go rounds, peer interactions (play tag, cops and robbers, hide and seek, play doctor), more toys, trampolines, slides, swings, pool slides, diving boards, bicycles, skateboards, etc.
    c) more part-time jobs for teens and an education career for adults
    e) PETS! and all that comes with that including interactions between children and pets and toddlers and pets and a veterinarian career
    f) new trait: natural nurturer and skill: nurturing (applies to children & pets) Parents could become stressed or angry with children at first (unless they had certain traits) and as they had more positive interactions with them their nurturing skill would increase allowing more interactions to open up, skills to be taught to toddlers and children faster, and more positive emotions to come from those interactions.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I wouldnt go as far as it should just be scrapped.

Still I dont feel excited. I wanted family gameplay. This doesnt change the game at all. It just adds more party stuff. And I was ok with a late night ep with skyscrapers to live in like in ts3. That was the only thing I really cared about being in late night. And its not there. Everything else is just the same old stuff pretty much like the base game except theres new venues. Thats about it. So there is no excitement for this game. They should just lable it get partying ep instead of get together. And this would have been a cool idea later on after family and weather was in the game and some other different kinds of game play instead of just the sims party life. Cuz thats all the sims 4 basically is right now.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Sweetgirl612Sweetgirl612 Posts: 16 Member
    I see both sides on this debate. No, complains and anger don't really help, but people are frustrated after requests are denied and long ignored. Calling the complainers ridiculous and implying that they have no sense is no less trolling, just trolling on the other side. It's also, in my opinion, not fair to say that if we have dissatisfaction with the lack of family play that we should stop buying things. In many ways, the sims 4 is far superior to its predecessors, especially in animation and load times, so I do want to play it, but it also feels very incomplete without a life stage I've grown accustomed to. I am very unhappy with this, and often don't even want my sims to procreate because of the awkward jump from baby to child, but I still buy the expansions because what they add to do a bit to fill the void, at least for a while. If people were complaining about what was IN the expansions, it would make sense to say, "then just don't buy it," but we're (or at least I'm) not saying there is anything wrong with what is being offered; I'm just immeasurably disappointed by what's NOT being offered.

I had an idea for how they could actually please fans and corporate, though I’m loosing faith that they’ll ever do anything like this. The thought is a Sims 4: Family Life expansion pack. Before release, a free update would patch in toddlers with very basic functionality, similar to what they had in Sims 2 base game. This would please fans (like myself) who have been dying for this life stage and believe it should be free content. Then the expansion would please EA by strongly encouraging family play fans as well as non-family play fans to buy it by including:

a) lots of toddler content: clothes, hairstyles, play pens, rocking horses, toys that toddlers and children can play with together that increases multi-toddler/children interactivity, more feeding options for toddlers with high chairs (you could even do some other expansion tie ins like sims with high wellness skill could make their own baby food), changing tables, kidde pools, sprinklers to play in (which can also be used for kids and to water plants), little tricycles, etc.
    b) more activities for children: ballet/hip hop dance lessons, merry go rounds, peer interactions (play tag, cops and robbers, hide and seek, play doctor), more toys, trampolines, slides, swings, pool slides, diving boards, bicycles, skateboards, etc.
    c) more part-time jobs for teens and an education career for adults
    e) PETS! and all that comes with that including interactions between children and pets and toddlers and pets and a veterinarian career
    f) new trait: natural nurturer and skill: nurturing (applies to children & pets) Parents could become stressed or angry with children at first (unless they had certain traits) and as they had more positive interactions with them their nurturing skill would increase allowing more interactions to open up, skills to be taught to toddlers and children faster, and more positive emotions to come from those interactions.

People on both sides of the toddler issue, EA gurus, trolls and non-trolls alike, thoughts on this idea?
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I can't decide on this EP yet. It seems to add a lot of unnecessary stuff, but it does add a lot of social aspects. I don't really know. I defiantly need more information. It seems like a "de-citied' version of the City packs. I dunno.
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oops Double post
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    Tbh, the trailer wasn't very good. The song didn't help appeal the game and nothing exciting really happened besides dancing and drinking. BUT we all haven't played the game yet and don't even know what the main point of the game is really, I will agree to scrap it once reviews come out and are too negative.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    They are not going to scrap anything.
    Those who don't like what they have seen should not buy. I am going to do that.

I have seen the written info about this EP that EA call as game features in the below video but cannot see them on this site.

https://youtu.be/uBx2Vp4Osv8

watch at 4:14. How can these be core features of an EP?? I feel EA has nothing interesting to write about this EP. First I thought the trailer was bad and that the EP might be good and have some game features to interest me but man, the whole writing about the core features of this EP feels so bad and empty.

This is so embarrassing. I feel this EP should have been released quietly without much noise because it provokes the sims community more than make it happy. It also kills the hope we have for Sims 4 of getting better.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Wow... This thread was hilarious! Thank you everyone who participated! I had a great time. You're all adorable :)
  • CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    cth328 wrote: »
    And if anyone actually likes this plum, you either need your eyes checked, your standards are so low, or you're brainwashed by EA
    And if you think that insulting anyone is going to get people to voice their opinions you're dead wrong. Go take your rudeness somewhere else, this forum is already too toxic, we don't need more toxicity.

Sometimes the truth hurts. It's part of life.
  • CommanderRommelCommanderRommel Posts: 14 New Member
    The Sims 4 has just become The Sims with better graphics. They had the right idea with Sims 3 which led me to believe the Sims 4 would blow my mind, and honestly its been a pretty big let down. Its really sad to see something I've enjoyed for so long turn out to be...lack luster. I, like others, did not want more partying and traveling. The load screens alone are enough to make this EP undesirable.
  • PorotPorot Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2015
    Get Together is nothing more than a mess put together last minute. "Wait till the game is released". NO. Voice your opinion Simmers! Show EA that putting out garbage isn't going to work.

You got it!
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited August 2015
    @halimali1980

"This is so embarrassing. I feel this EP should have been released quietly without much noise because it provokes the sims community more than make it happy. It also kills the hope we have for Sims 4 of getting better."

Agreed.

____

Also...
    It's not difficult to arrive at an objective conclusion that this EP leaves a lot to be desired. And you don't have to be a hater to think so. Ask yourself what you are getting for the money you will have to shell out and consider whether it's worth it. Ask yourself whether it expands or adds to the core mechanics of the game - it does not. Ask yourself whether this could justifiably be called an EP, compared to say Outdoor Retreat.

I get that some people have invested in the game and need to validate their investment, but don't let that blind you to the flaws here.
    And if anyone actually likes this plum, you either need your eyes checked, your standards are so low, or you're brainwashed by EA
    And if you think that insulting anyone is going to get people to voice their opinions you're dead wrong. Go take your rudeness somewhere else, this forum is already too toxic, we don't need more toxicity.

It's not toxic, it's true and honest and we are sick and tired of receiving nothing but half-complete and messy packs as expansions to a game we all love and a game many of us have grown up with! To me it is sad that the game that I've been playing for over a decade has become this unfinished game, lacking of base game and fundamental stuff every life simulator should have. A life isn't complete without the toddler life stage, so why should we be happy with having a non complete life simulator, that also costs a lot of money? We are also not able to customize hair color or the color of our clothes anymore, OR the color of our couch and I don't even know why? They're taking away our abilities to customize anything we want and degrading it to not being able to customize anything at all. Sure we got a couple of colors or patterns to choose from, but that doesn't help me much when they can't even give me matching shades of black? As a simmer, I am deeply dissapointed in EA and the choices they've been making the last two or three years. And the slogan they just used during their presentation at GamesCon, the "You Rule" slogan. That is to me just stupid. I can't rule anything without my ability to customize everything. So I'm so sorry to say this, but EA, you screwed up. Big time.

But you're right though, there is no point with being rude, and I totally agree on that.
    AP_Pepper wrote: »
    I get you dislike it, but seriously calm down. People can like it if they want. They are not brainwashed nor do they need their eyes checking. I am not fussed (family player) But don't act like your opinion is everyone's opinion.

But his/hers opinion is the opinion the majority in this community has, as of right now! If you don't wanna believe it, that's fine. But don't act like it's not there!
  • OnigiriSimsOnigiriSims Posts: 73 Member
    -Sigh- it's not even out yet... who knows, they might have a lot of fun stuff that wasn't shown in the trailer (even though I liked the stuff they showcased in the trailer as well). If they follow the Sims 2 and the Sims 3's footsteps vampires will be in this pack too.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    -Sigh- it's not even out yet... who knows, they might have a lot of fun stuff that wasn't shown in the trailer (even though I liked the stuff they showcased in the trailer as well). If they follow the Sims 2 and the Sims 3's footsteps vampires will be in this pack too.

Sims VIP posted a Twitter Q and A. Vampires weren't confirmed or denied. I know what that usually means.

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/05/the-sims-4-get-together-twitter-qa-with-simgurulyndsay/

Portal Sim @portal_sim

@SimGuruLyndsay It's a vampire in this picture? pic.twitter.com/be3BLVvsb9

Lyndsay Pearson @SimGuruLyndsay

@portal_sim nope. I think it's a bartender.
    5:41 AM - 6 Aug 2015

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright

Sims VIP posted a Twitter Q and A. Vampires weren't confirmed or denied. I know what that usually means.

http://simsvip.com/2015/08/05/the-sims-4-get-together-twitter-qa-with-simgurulyndsay/

Yeah it was just an assumption based on the previous games, but if this pack doesn't include vampires I won't get too disappointed, we'll get it later! Probably in a pack similiar to "Supernatural". Thanks for that link though.
  • MsSimba1939MsSimba1939 Posts: 3 New Member
    My Sims is running slow today. They had an update! I wish the Sims 4 would get it together. They haven't had a normal day since Spa came along.

Yeah it was just an assumption based on the previous games, but if this pack doesn't include vampires I won't get too disappointed, we'll get it later! Probably in a pack similiar to "Supernatural". Thanks for that link though.

I don't think we'll ever get a supernatural EP. It would be a supernatural ish pack mixed with snow from seasons and some lizards from pets. I mean there you go, they won't ever have to include weather or pets again and that way they can save money! Yay for EA!
  • TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I don't know if this has been said but do you really expect them to scrap an expansion pack that they've been working hard on for the past few months? Besides, if you're disappointed from the trailer of this EP don't worry. There's still 3 months for them to add tons more content. I have faith in this EP and I'm super excited for it!
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    I totally respect your opinion, but there are many simmers who'd still buy this expansion pack. Myself included.

I want family play just as much as the next person even though I hate toddlers, they deserve to be in the game. Generations was my favorite expansion pack in the Sims 3, but I still appreciate other kinds of gameplay. Plenty of simmers love throwing parties and playing singular sims and aren't a big fan of generational play. I think it's a bit harsh to tell them to scrap it when people are still excited about it. It's like a generations ep being announced and having the party-esque, single player sims telling EA to scrap that.

Yes, the trailer was vague. That means that we don't know enough about the entirety of the pack to be judging it completely which is why I haven't. I'm not a big fan of the title however because it's way too close to Get To Work. Like people have said, if you don't like it don't buy it. It's completely up to you in the end, just don't make things personal and call simmers who want to buy this blind or brainwashed. Keep it classy.
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
    Woahbro1 wrote: »
    I totally respect your opinion, but there are many simmers who'd still buy this expansion pack. Myself included.

I want family play just as much as the next person even though I hate toddlers, they deserve to be in the game. Generations was my favorite expansion pack in the Sims 3, but I still appreciate other kinds of gameplay. Plenty of simmers love throwing parties and playing singular sims and aren't a big fan of generational play. I think it's a bit harsh to tell them to scrap it when people are still excited about it. It's like a generations ep being announced and having the party-esque, single player sims telling EA to scrap that.

Yes, the trailer was vague. That means that we don't know enough about the entirety of the pack to be judging it completely which is why I haven't. I'm not a big fan of the title however because it's way too close to Get To Work. Like people have said, if you don't like it don't buy it. It's completely up to you in the end, just don't make things personal and call simmers who want to buy this blind or brainwashed. Keep it classy.

THIS!!! I enjoy BOTH family play and the "partying" aspects of the game, so I'm excited for this pack.
    And yes, I'm so tired of those comments that are saying that the people who actually like the game are blind or brainwashed, jeez.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top