Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voice Your Opinion! Get Together Needs To Be Scrapped

Comments

• TrulyATeen18TrulyATeen18 Posts: 56 Member
    NO. Get together gives you a chance to control a group of sims that you haven't made. this expansion pack is a huge step its a new world new hair new clothes. headphones. its amazing . you get to have a group of dancers or be a DJ. everything is coming together. so if you dont like it. Dont buy it. but dont put a petition together to take it away and ruin it for us who actually likes it.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    NO. Get together gives you a chance to control a group of sims that you haven't made. this expansion pack is a huge step its a new world new hair new clothes. headphones. its amazing . you get to have a group of dancers or be a DJ. everything is coming together. so if you dont like it. Dont buy it. but dont put a petition together to take it away and ruin it for us who actually likes it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm going to guess you might be new to the Sims with TS4. In past generations of the game the EPs actually added new things that were fun for most players. This time around it's targeting a specific demographic.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I'm going to guess you might be new to the Sims with TS4. In past generations of the game the EPs actually added new things that were fun for most players. This time around it's targeting a specific demographic.

Yes I even liked super naturelskere and into the futur. ... and I play realistisk

This is just the Ibiza party, some YA goes to..... and no dept
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    I admit, I was very disappointed when I woke up a 4 am to see a trailer that focused on "hanging out with friends" and "leveling up my dancing skills". However, I think I will wait until more information is released to see if I will actually be buying this expansion pack (which seems more like a game pack, IMO). There's a producer event on Friday, so maybe we'll find out more then.
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • SinahSinah Posts: 16 Member
    I'm disappointed. I was hoping for something like an updated World Adventures. This looks like a party-based stuff pack.
  • Lindsmd113Lindsmd113 Posts: 196 Member
    I like what I've seen so far, I will be buying it. Thank you!
  • SfarinaPSfarinaP Posts: 87 Member
    I have to say I like what I see but also believe that it sounds like more of a SP that should be priced in the 9.99 to 19.99 range. I also want to say I support my fellow simmers who oppose this and really admire the passion about the product I read on this board.
  • AlexFetsisAlexFetsis Posts: 178 Member
    DeerLord wrote: »
    You have yet to even play the game, see its contains, have only seen "one" trailer, seen "no" hands on gameplay and you want it to be scrapped?

ZEtQxOy.gif?1
    It doesn't matter what's in it or if it ends up being good. All that matters is that it doesn't have exactly what I want.

@DeerLord

Congratulations for being so honest and expressing what this feeling of disapproval for TS4 really means.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I don't think so
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    AlexFetsis wrote: »
    You have yet to even play the game, see its contains, have only seen "one" trailer, seen "no" hands on gameplay and you want it to be scrapped?

ZEtQxOy.gif?1
    It doesn't matter what's in it or if it ends up being good. All that matters is that it doesn't have exactly what I want.

@DeerLord

Congratulations for being so honest and expressing what this feeling of disapproval for TS4 really means.

And why on this earth would you think it's any other way?! Of course everyone who complains does so on behalf of themselves.
    Same thing applies to comments about the game where someone loves it. They say it because personally they love it.

Some of those who like to criticise everyone else who is disappointed only care to do so because they are happy.

Difference being I think it's great you love the game. Good for you. But it certainly doesn't make you superior to fellow simmers and it sure doesn't make people 'entitled' as an insult to voice dissatisfaction. It shows passion and love to even bother-if people didn't love the sims series they wouldn't bother.

An aside to my reply-
    What I've learnt today on this forum is there are some wonderful simmers like @JoBass24us who are sympathetic to others and kind instead of kicking their fellow simmers when they are down. That's what being part of a community should mean-pulling together and being kind.
    Simmers like her and the lovely people who are bereft from losing their precious sims outlet but who have come here day after day with hope and love in their hearts despite everything so far are the only reason I bother being in this community-because they are a pleasure to communicate with.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member

ZEtQxOy.gif?1

@DeerLord

And why on this earth would you think it's any other way?! Of course everyone who complains does so on behalf of themselves.
    Same thing applies to comments about the game where someone loves it. They say it because personally they love it.

Some of those who like to criticise everyone else who is disappointed only care to do so because they are happy.

Difference being I think it's great you love the game. Good for you. But it certainly doesn't make you superior to fellow simmers and it sure doesn't make people 'entitled' as an insult to voice dissatisfaction. It shows passion and love to even bother-if people didn't love the sims series they wouldn't bother.

An aside to my reply-
    What I've learnt today on this forum is there are some wonderful simmers like @JoBass24us who are sympathetic to others and kind instead of kicking their fellow simmers when they are down. That's what being part of a community should mean-pulling together and being kind.
    Simmers like her and the lovely people who are bereft from losing their precious sims outlet but who have come here day after day with hope and love in their hearts despite everything so far are the only reason I bother being in this community-because they are a pleasure to communicate with.

Thank you @sparkfairy1 for the lovely comment.

I have nothing but love and sympathy for my fellow simmers, like you, that are being completely ignored.

It's not fun to be in that position and it's only when someone experiences this themselves that they can come to understand how it feels.

The Sims is a game that has, for the most part, always catered to a wide array of play styles. That's no longer the case with TS4 and personally, I don't like it. No of us can carry this game and make it successful single handedly. In order for it to flourish and continue having success is for many players to like, love it enough to invest.

The situation around us is unfortunate and Maxis had themselves to blame for it.

This one is for you Sparky

giphy.gif
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @JoBass24us :) I totally agree. The start of the series is when everyone buys. You need as many customers as possible to continue that success because people get EP fatigue and dip in and out of buying. If you narrow it too much when people don't buy everything you'll be in trouble in the future.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »

ZEtQxOy.gif?1

@DeerLord

An aside to my reply-

Thank you @sparkfairy1 for the lovely comment.

I have nothing but love and sympathy for my fellow simmers, like you, that are being completely ignored.

It's not fun to be in that position and it's only when someone experiences this themselves that they can come to understand how it feels.

The Sims is a game that has, for the most part, always catered to a wide array of play styles. That's no longer the case with TS4 and personally, I don't like it. No of us can carry this game and make it successful single handedly. In order for it to flourish and continue having success is for many players to like, love it enough to invest.

The situation around us is unfortunate and Maxis had themselves to blame for it.

This one is for you Sparky

giphy.gif

well said @sparkfairy1 and @JoBass24us

I love that some simmers like to build more than I- would be sad if there was only premade houses becouse some simmers didn't like to play
    I love reading berry sim stories... yet I never play berrysims, but they in the game I can enjoy the creativity others creat with them
    I like to read 100 baby challenges - but playing them no thats to much even for me that love toddlers and kids

I get so happy when I see others use and enjoy and be creative with elements that really isn't my style
    just as I love sharign what I love and play with in the game, with others... to show my creativity

the sims strong side have allways been that it talks to som many difrent people, from all over, becouse they can either remake their real life in a game, or their dream life, or make something out of a fantacy world.
    when the game caters to that ... to all the difrent ways to play it, and we all share the joy in the cretivity in all its divers glory... then the game shines and grows.

when sims4 for 1 year have catered mainly to 1 demografic group, they fail, ok maybe 3.
    - sim makers (but I think I hear som saying they miss age groups here as well, + some colors and.. well that they think it need more)
    - builders (though it seems to only cater to people who like to build modern stuff... so again limited)
    - people who like to play 1 single sim or some friends, of young adult and party. pretty much a "friends" + "big bang" + "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place"

the sims 4 needs life, indebt and full LIFE
    yes I want them to ad fame and celebrity... but don't want it for me
    yes I want magic and creaturs--- but not for me
    yes I want family play ... that be for me
    yes I want weather... me too
    yes I want pets/farms--- me again
    Partys are great.... but unless they family or season partys... we got enough
    I want builders to be able to build historical buildings and castels
    I want to see the amazing creative berry sims and their interesting names
    and I want to play with my family
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    XSimMimX wrote: »
    PLEASE scrap this. Nobody wants a messy expansion about parties, I mean what is with the combination?? Foosball tables, swimming in lakes, new dancing, DJ booth?
    I think I speak for much of the Simming Community when I say we'd much rather EA put their efforts into important, wanted features like toddlers, CASt, seasons, a city world, pets, even supernatural... but please, not this. It's so messy and themeless!

Hey SimMim! Nice to see you here fighting for our simming! I agree I was so excited for the next EP but then I saw the trailer and nothing looked fresh, new, or interesting. If they are going to make something new make it NEW!!!! This makes me extremely sad and almost want to quit buying Expansions Packs, Game Packs, and stuff packs all together. It honestly looks worse than a Stuff Pack
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • myshkamyshka Posts: 6 New Member
    I want to love it. I want to not complain about the lack of creativity put forth in developing these so called expansions. I want to love Sims 4. I think all of the die hard Sims fans do. Please do something Sim Devs! Save this wonderful franchise and actually listen to the awesome community that actually has no problem telling you what they want. Stop ignoring us... Stop feeding us crap and telling us its caviar.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    We dont know enough about it for this thread to even exist. Can we all stop jumping to conclusions?
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Everybody needs to take a chill pill about people speaking for 'other people' CLEARLY they are not talking about you if you feel differently. Geez Im so sick of everyone getting offended about everything, lol RELAX.

*by the way the new EP is an awful excuse for a game changer, I wish this money hungry company EA would do something right by it's loyal fanbase.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Everybody needs to take a chill pill about people speaking for 'other people' CLEARLY they are not talking about you if you feel differently. Geez Im so sick of everyone getting offended about everything, lol RELAX.

*by the way the new EP is an awful excuse for a game changer, I wish this money hungry company EA would do something right by it's loyal fanbase.

It is my experience that folk don't like people to assume what they are thinking. Instead people should limit themselves to their own opinions rather than making assumptions as to what is going on in the mind of others.

For example, I may not go as far as to say the new EP is game changer, but it is looking pretty good when looking out of my windows.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    If only we had the power to do something like this, but we don't. We're just consumers. :neutral: And ignored ones at that.

Amen, ignored by the business that gets business from us is wrong but that's how Maxis works and anyone under EA.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    edited August 2015
    myshka wrote: »
    I want to love it. I want to not complain about the lack of creativity put forth in developing these so called expansions. I want to love Sims 4. I think all of the die hard Sims fans do. Please do something Sim Devs! Save this wonderful franchise and actually listen to the awesome community that actually has no problem telling you what they want. Stop ignoring us... Stop feeding us crap and telling us its caviar.

I think this is really how I feel.
    I've seen a lot of what I feel in this thread actually.

Older sim players are screaming for them to give us our love back, but they seem to be going in a different direction.
    Trying to "trust" EA/Maxis to eventually help those of us that have been playing since the beginning has been rewarded with being ignored and dissapointed.

I really wanna love Sims 4.
    There are some things I do love about it.
    but this EP kinda just broke me. I know its still early and they are using their usual...."generalize everything" till the last minute method...

but I think after the Cool Kitchen stuff pack, I probably will hold off buying anything. I'm usually a "first hours dropped" buyer.

My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Well, obviously it's not going to be scrapped, but it is a sad sad excuse for an expansion.

And no, I don't need to wait a couple more months to get more info or read reviews or watch videos after launch. I know the sims, I know what I like, and I know how EA has been handling ts4 and thus how they are likely to implement whatever features they advertise/talk about. I don't need every last tidbit of information laid out in front of me to make an informed decision about how I feel about this pack. This is not some random game I've never played before in which case the whole idea of not being able to tell everything from a trailer might be true. I've been playing the sims for years, I know what I'm looking for and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt it's not this.

I made my judgements on the sims 4 base looong before it was release and have had criticisms about every pack. After having actually played ts4 plus get to work and outdoor retreat, I can say I still wholeheartedly agree with every one of the concerns or criticisms I had when I first found out those things existed.

For me, this game is a mess and is just sliding faster and faster down the hill. They aren't listening to anyone and are just plowing forward with their uninspired "vision" and are now releasing this totally incoherent mish mash of a pack that seems more like a minor unfocused game pack.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i am sorry and i apoligizre in advance but i tend to disagree get toghter will be a great ep
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We dont know enough about it for this thread to even exist. Can we all stop jumping to conclusions?

This, very much this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    They will not scrap the game. They don't care about our opinions on these forums.
    But personally, I HATE this EP. They are continuing to shove YA and SINGLY PLAY down our throats
    and at this time, they are DELIBERATLY IGNORING FAMILY PLAYERS!
    We are DEVOTED FANS. And they don't give a
    rat.gif
    giphy.gif
    About FAMILY PLAYERS!! UGH!
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • GamerPreshGamerPresh Posts: 840 Member
    For me, the problem with this so called "EP" is that it isn't what we exactly wanted. Yes, I do dig the new clothing, gameplay items, the beach, venues, etc. But, this isn't what I waited long days for. I waited for things like toddlers, CAW, CAS, family EP's, Dang it, I even hoped for pets and I'm not even a big pet fan. When I look on these forums I don't see simmers begging for party stuff, but rather the things mentioned above. We even made petitions for the things we wanted. Basically meaning, this is not what we asked for. And yes, I do feel like we are being ignored. Especially these family oriented players like me. However, we do have a long time until November so maybe better things will come while we wait. Hopefully, if something is released in between the months, it's either something we asked for or something that's really worth it. Plus, there might be more with this Get Together EP, we only saw the trailer. :|
    I'm basically having a good time, until I notice you see me having a good time. #ShyPeopleProblems

giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top