Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just thought of something...

LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
A lot of people are upset about the lack of family play and everything focusing on single sims. My theory is that maybe they're kind of following a sim life progression in a way if you're starting with a young adult sim. In real life when you're a young adult, you get a job, meet new people, have fun, go to parties, then you meet the person you want to marry, get married, have kids, etc. So my thinking is that maybe they're following that progression. I have no idea where other expansions that have to do with supernaturals and whatnot would fit into that but yeah lol. But that's why I think they're focusing on single sim life right now. So people who want family play could get it soon. Get together sounds like the going out and having fun part where you meet your significant other, so then family play might come after. What are your thoughts?
Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
GqsONVc.gif

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Maybe supernatural comes after they die? xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    Omg this is actually a really good theory!
  • Options
    KayleiMarieKayleiMarie Posts: 68 Member
    I love that theory!!!
    Origin: KayleiMarie
    Twitter: @kayleimarie
    I'm pretty much just KayleiMarie
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I really hope they are just trying to get the Party EP's out of the way but this means we still have a Superstar EP to contend with.

I'm also just tired of waiting for family play.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    Could be. I also think maybe they either aren't going to have toddlers or they are making sure they are making them the way Simmers would want them to be. I think if people calm down and realize rushing them isn't the best option, people wouldn't be so disappointed. I like your theory though :)
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Rushing? They've had plenty of time to work on them.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    mau_greenmau_green Posts: 139 Member
    edited August 2015
    It's just too much work for them.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    They are not clever enough to think that way! It is what it is.
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    EJosefinaEJosefina Posts: 37 Member
    I think it's a really interesting theory, though I wish the game wasn't so incredibly limited in content and coherence as it is, without the family play. If the game could make up for being so focused on single-sim party lifestyle with solid, fun and longlasting content I don't think the lack of family play would upset as many people.
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Really interesting. I'd imagine whenever toddlers make their appearance will be when we get a family EP.
  • Options
    pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    It that was the case, University should have been our first expansion. You need a degree to get a really impressive job.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good theory, so before you get married, you go to the woods at least ones, then you go to work, then you party, then you party again in a hot tub, then you relax at a spa, then you get a new kitchen, then you party again?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Nah, they are focusing on single sims because its easy, and they will continue to do so.
  • Options
    BelloGothBelloGoth Posts: 120 Member
    > @Windely said:
    > They are not clever enough to think that way! It is what it is.

This. Also, the fact that a player could make a family or sim of any age at any time, would make that a very not smart decision for them. It's still a very possible theory, and I think that may be it in some way, but it's not a good idea for them being that players have such diverse stories. Hot Date, Nightlife, House Party...Those were created pretty early into TS1 and TS2, so maybe.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,564 Member
    I have to agree, since I posited something very similar today, on another thread.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    The truth is from the new EP is that they are out of focus. They just cannot concentrate on anything, not even single sims. The new trailer just shows few unrelated stuff put together in what they call an EP. I feel some of these stuff are just leftovers that were created but for a reason or another did not make it in the base game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited August 2015
    I just think it's becuase most of the people who play the game are teens and young adults, (myself included) so they focus on party stuff, instead of raising a family.

TS2 was really the only game that was about family. TS3... all it had going for it was Generations.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    i dont think you first get a serious job (doctor??) and then just party like these weird colorful teenagers we saw today.. no sorry. Thats not really how the progress goes if its that one.
  • Options
    I have to agree, since I posited something very similar today, on another thread.

Did you really? Lol great minds think alike!
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I really hope they are just trying to get the Party EP's out of the way but this means we still have a Superstar EP to contend with.

I'm also just tired of waiting for family play.

Oh yes hope you are right! Superstar is next!!
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    i dont think you first get a serious job (doctor??) and then just party like these weird colorful teenagers we saw today.. no sorry. Thats not really how the progress goes if its that one.

Sure you do if is your first job and you are in your 20s, when you are 15 you don't have money/age to travel to Germany and party in a private beach lol.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    chider1234 wrote: »
    I just think it's becuase most of the people who play the game are teens and young adults, (myself included) so they focus on party stuff, instead of raising a family.

TS2 was really the only game that was about family. TS3... all it had going for it was Generations.

Though, I also know that I'm considered a young adult and there's many other adults as well, who also play with families. Shockingly many of my rl simmer friends do as well (and a major half of them don't even want children in rl lol) <3 . I understand what your saying though, but it's really hard to generalize a group of simmers considering we're such a diverse lot.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Doctors who are just starting out definitely still go out and have fun. I've known some. They're normal young adults.
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    MattyMatty Posts: 113 Member
    LeslieM25 wrote: »
    A lot of people are upset about the lack of family play and everything focusing on single sims. My theory is that maybe they're kind of following a sim life progression in a way if you're starting with a young adult sim. In real life when you're a young adult, you get a job, meet new people, have fun, go to parties, then you meet the person you want to marry, get married, have kids, etc. So my thinking is that maybe they're following that progression. I have no idea where other expansions that have to do with supernaturals and whatnot would fit into that but yeah lol. But that's why I think they're focusing on single sim life right now. So people who want family play could get it soon. Get together sounds like the going out and having fun part where you meet your significant other, so then family play might come after. What are your thoughts?

THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME HOPE ON TS4
    6433549e000fa024e66df56c1a82cca2.jpg
  • Options
    iheartdinosx3iheartdinosx3 Posts: 895 Member
    Good theory! I had a theory that they were just going to follow the same EP pattern as the previous games.

What I mean by that is for the Sims 2, Nightlife was the second EP for the game and for the Sims 3 Late Night was the third EP (which explains why the newest EP features nightlife aspects, IF they are following the same patterns as before). After those it was Pets for the Sims 2 and Generations for the Sims 3.

So I'm anticipating either pets or some sort of family play aspect for the next EP.