Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Voice Your Opinion! Get Together Needs To Be Scrapped

Comments

• Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    They aren't going to scrap it. Save your breath.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Let me start by saying I do like the Sims 4 buuuutttt.....

This expansion is a nightmare. I feel like they half-plummed it. We can make a pub in game now. They are adding lake tools but let's be real it will probably be added in a patch so it is not really part of the expansion in my opinion.

Seriously what are they giving me?? a DJ booth, woohoo in the closet, a new world, dancing(CAN THE SIMS EVEN DANCE WITH EACH OTHER YET???!!!), cafe, how does this relate to getting together? A real get together would have included more venues like restaurants, skating rinks, theaters, bowling alleys...

I am still waiting to hear more but this is a waste so far. I am not on the toddler bandwagon, but they would have done better to release toddlers and a family pack than this. So far...disappointed. I am a realist they are not scrapping it so no point in even suggesting it.

Who are they talking to when coming up with these ideas? As I said before, they need to get off twitter and get on the forums.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Why do I feel like they are presenting the Sims like this?

DumbBlonde.jpg
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    when is the bob pancakes expansion? we should have a william waffles nemesis and a strawberry syrup serial killer by now.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    when is the bob pancakes expansion? we should have a william waffles nemesis and a strawberry syrup serial killer by now.

The strawberry syrup serial killer would be too dark.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Posts: 49 Member
    This whole thread reminds me why I very rarely post on this forum. Almost everyone is so petulant and entitled... how did the Sims community get like this?

'sigh'
  • Options

The strawberry syrup serial killer would be too dark.

yeah, i guess. oh, well :( ... at least we still have the incest bug josh duggar feature.
  • Options
    gmmageegmmagee Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimsTias said:
    > We want toddlers, we want CAW, we want a color wheel, we want cars, we want a terrain/water tool, we want trashcompactors etc (I could go on forever)
    > But instead we get this plum!! No on asked for this joke of a EP with random stuff and no general theme to it.
    >
    > It's called The Sims 4 Get Together becuase EA can't GET their plum TOGETHER!

I agree with this. I dont think people need to get nasty but I have been so disappointed with TS4 and was really expecting the next expansion to have some of the missing basic content like toddlers. I guess I will have to wait another year until I can play and perhaps enjoy TS4 as I just get bored with it so easily.
  • Options
    This whole thread reminds me why I very rarely post on this forum. Almost everyone is so petulant and entitled... how did the Sims community get like this?

'sigh'

i think it's because we're all treated by ea like we're prepubescent children with the attention span of a... woah, where am i?
  • Options
    WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    My initial reaction to the trailer of get to together was literally "...what the hell was that?!?"

WHERE ARE THE GOOD EXPANSIONS?!?! I want to see something similar to the old expansions! Seasons, supernatural, university, pets and world adventures! They were all amazing and I miss them. I'm really not liking how the sims 4 is turning out, bring back the old stuff!!!
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    I reckon that if this came out after
    Toddlers
    Generations
    Pets
    Seasons

This wouldn't be hated so much.
    Bad timing EA
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    I reckon that if this came out after
    Toddlers
    Generations
    Pets
    Seasons

This wouldn't be hated so much.
    Bad timing EA

No. I'd still think it was bad.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    RikaraRikara Posts: 13 New Member
    > @MatheusBS said:
    > I think this topic is ridiculous! We know so little about the expansion! The little I know is enough to know I like it, and other people like it too! So if it doesn't suit your playstyle you can't just say something like this like you can decide for this whole lot of people. This is my opinion.

you say so little is known about the expansion, but the little you know is enough to like it
    why do you think it wouldn't be enough for others to dislike it?

i mean i don't have a problem with people that like the ep
    for me personally its just a lot of garbage
    everyone their own opinion

it just doesn't make any sense that you say an ep which little is known about can be liked for what little we know but not disliked.
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    It feel like a bad Crul joke
    Might work as a party stuff pack... and I would still be disappointed in EA lack of abilty to listne
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    lhermann13lhermann13 Posts: 57 Member
    If this is the late night expansion im really sad because i really wanted skyscrapers... deligracy a you tube simmer said exactly what i was thinking so check out her video.
  • Options
    AlexFetsisAlexFetsis Posts: 178 Member

'sigh'

Very well said.
  • Options
    XSimMimX wrote: »
    PLEASE scrap this. Nobody wants a messy expansion about parties, I mean what is with the combination?? Foosball tables, swimming in lakes, new dancing, DJ booth?
    I think I speak for much of the Simming Community when I say we'd much rather EA put their efforts into important, wanted features like toddlers, CASt, seasons, a city world, pets, even supernatural... but please, not this. It's so messy and themeless!

not to be rude or anything but I think a lot of people are liking this expansion pack idea. Your opinion isn't everyones opinion. I think we have such a wide variety of simmers with a wide variety of opinions, creativity, ideas, etc. Plus its so early on in the announcement that we just barely scratched the surface of a large expansion pack. Im sure it will have something that everyone will enjoy a little bit even if its just hair styles clothing or a new dance move.
  • Options
    also is it just me or did i see an ambre hairstyle...
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't care enough about The Sims 4 to believe this should be "scrapped". The Sims 4 as an entirety, I would like to see scrapped.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    Guys. This expansion has probably been in development for almost a year. They're not gonna scrap it now. We also don't really know what its about so just give it some time or wait for the next expansion.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Guys. This expansion has probably been in development for almost a year. They're not gonna scrap it now. We also don't really know what its about so just give it some time or wait for the next expansion.

Usually what you see in the trailer is what you can expect to see when you buy it.

The DJ table is considered a "major feature" for goodness sake. The amount of content in this "Expansion Pack" looks equivalent to what EA sold as downloadable Worlds for The Sims 3. It's pathetic.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    lhermann13 wrote: »
    PLEASE scrap this. Nobody wants a messy expansion about parties, I mean what is with the combination?? Foosball tables, swimming in lakes, new dancing, DJ booth?
    I think I speak for much of the Simming Community when I say we'd much rather EA put their efforts into important, wanted features like toddlers, CASt, seasons, a city world, pets, even supernatural... but please, not this. It's so messy and themeless!

not to be rude or anything but I think a lot of people are liking this expansion pack idea. Your opinion isn't everyones opinion. I think we have such a wide variety of simmers with a wide variety of opinions, creativity, ideas, etc. Plus its so early on in the announcement that we just barely scratched the surface of a large expansion pack. Im sure it will have something that everyone will enjoy a little bit even if its just hair styles clothing or a new dance move.

Many type of simmers Yes
    Why do they then only catering to 1 type? For 1 whole year
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    lhermann13 wrote: »

This morning I've seen several players who were TS4 advocates and they are moaning over this EP. It's not just the previously disappointed players.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top