Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Alpha Patriarchy Challenge (Including Optional Bunker Edition)

AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
This challenge contains most of the rules from The Zero Challenge that I created.

The Safe Story (Main Challenge)

You are a young man with high aspirations and the wish to start a long term lineage. Bold as you are you went for it and bought a big empty lot, with enough space to live to your old days with your offspring. But now the real work begins: Having a big piece of land is one thing, but with only a mailbox and no money you won't get very far, it's time for some action! Because you know the unemployment rate in your country is sky high, you're not even bothering trying to get a job, these times ask for some creativity!

The Dangerous Story (Bunker Edition)

You are a young man that has fled the city due to some strange stuff happening. Is it a chemical? A poison? A virus? You don't know! You are just happy you fled in time, and that it hasn't reached your big lot yet. However, you know it spreads very fast, so you set to work immediately to build a safety bunker where you and your offspring will be safe untill the time has come that the threat outside has gone! Living in a bunker means you will have to be creative with making money, what will you do to survive?

Starting Up
  • Make a new single young adult male. His name should start with an A and he can have any traits and aspiration you like.
  • Play on a normal lifespan, with aging on, preferable only for the active household.
  • Don't expand the lives of any of your household members in any way, including bringing them back from death.
  • Get an empty 50x50 lot, all it can have is a mailbox, nothing else. After buying the lot you will set your money to 0 with the cheat "money 0".
  • No sim in your household can have a job. If your Patriarch marries a lady with a job she has to quit it. Collect stuff, cook, paint, write, be creative! (Creative aspirations can be helpfull here)

Getting A Family
  • Your Patriarch can choose any female sim he likes to marry, as long as she is single (no stealing someone elses girlfriend or wife). After the marriage the lady can move in, but she can't bring any money (delete it with the money cheat), when she dies he can remarry.
  • You can have as many children as you like after getting married, but you can't use in game features that influence the gender of unborn children. The children will have names with the next letter of the alphabet.
  • You can't cherrypick the traits of your children, randomise them with a generator (for example here or here) or by picking the traits blindly, but you can handpick aspirations. Choosing another (new or previously finished) aspiration is only allowed when the current one is completed.
  • You can age up babies at their birthday, kids when they completed their aspiration and teens when they reach A grades.
  • The heir is the firstborn biological son. As soon as the heir reaches Young Adulthood he can take over the Patriarchy, get married and get offspring himself. If the current patriarch has no sons (or no kids) his next brother will take over the family line. Adopting is allowed and strongly encouraged, but adopted children will keep their full name, and will not become heirs.
  • Patriarchs and their wives can NOT be moved out when the heir takes over, they will live with their offspring untill they die. Children who reach young adulthood and are NOT the next Patriarch can be moved out, but they can NOT move back in,

Cheats, Mods & Custom Content
  • You are only allowed to use custom content (furniture, clothes, items, lots) that don't give any advantage over players not using them.
  • You can use the 'bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement' and 'bb.moveobjects on' cheats if you want. Click here to read why.
  • You can only use money cheats to set your money to 0 at the start and subtract any money that a new wife adds to the family.
  • You can never close without saving, if something happens that you don't like you will just have to deal with it.

Optionl Rules
  • BUNKER EDITION: You can only build underground, essentially living in a bunker, as above ground it is not safe. You can only go outside when it is really necessary. Above ground you can only have an entrance building with double doors, between those doors is a decontamination area with at least one shower, and nobody can enter through that second door without taking a decontamination shower. You can also have an enclosed greenhouse that can be reached from the inside of the house, assuming it has thick safety glass.
  • EXTRA TRAITS MOD: If you like an extra challenge you can play with the Add Extra CAS Traits Mod, but you have to give all household members the same amount of traits, so for example all kids have 2, teens 4 and adults 6.

Tips

Make good use of public locations, like grills and toilets for your sims needs, and the park, museum and the library to make some money.
Consider buying the nano trashcan, as you get cash for everything you put in it. If you have it, don't let any sim do dishes, throw the plate in the nano trashcan instead.

I have tried to make this challenge realistic, challenging, and fun! If anyone has any ideas to make it even better, or tips, feel free to post a comment.
Post edited by AlHollandiyah on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Added an extra challenging variant on the challenge called The Bunker Edition.
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    This feels like you just jammed together the elements of other challenges - a patriarchal legacy with the specifics of alphabets and only self employment allowed starting with nothing (Live off the Land Challenge).

Is the challenge lost if a generation only has girls?

You have to complete 27 generations and no one can ever have a job? That's going to limit the number of aspirations the family could complete.

The bunker edition doesn't make sense - they can't leave the house - so how do they survive the first bit when they have nothing?
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    I understand it is probably not as original but I do want to say that I didn't jam other challenges together. I was playing the 100 baby challenge and I wanted to think of a more 'classical' way to play and still be challenged, so many elements will be directly opposite the 100 baby challenge.

You do have a point about the only girls, however as I have noticed at the 100 baby challenge I don't think its very likely to happen if you try often enough. And as for the beginning with the bunker challenge you do have a serious point, I will go look for a solution for that.

Other then that I'm wondering, if all legacy challenges are more or less the same, how does one make such a challenge unique? I would love to work on this challenge untill it is a challenge of its own right, even if it would take me a month, so any ideas and tips are most welcome!