Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    @Reachsims thank you so much for the gift a few days ago! And yes, you were correct, my top 5 was sadly and extremely out of date. My OE has been pretty hectic lately and I kind of disappeared from the forums because of it. Things are settling down now though and I have corrected that old top 5 here. Thank you again! <3
  • Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    @andreax0 , I was going to gift you something, but your wishlist violates a lot of the rules. For example, you have half of the Ultra Lounge items in your wishlist, but then you have the Ultra Lounge 2010 set listed later on. And you also have both versions of Sunlit Tides, which is completely unnecessary, because if you own the Gold you also own everything in the Standard! I understand using your wishlist as a way to keep track of what you want, but it's detrimental to Simmers who may wind up gifting you something you already own. Please clean up your wishlist to contain single items out of sets that you already own a part of, or whole sets that you want and don't own anything from yet. Basically, avoid duplicates!
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
    edited August 2015
    @ApparentlyAwesome , I'm not sure if you would get it for free - I'm always nervous to put in such a big investment without being guaranteed a green button. However, I did just buy the candy dish for 26 points and the alarm clock for 25 points. I didn't own anything from the set before, so it brought me down from 782 to 655 total points. I haven't bought it yet, because honestly I'm waiting for an answer to your question too.

EDIT: I also just posted your question to the DD thread, because I figure the more people who see it, the more likely you are to get a response. Hope you don't mind!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    Ok, here we go again. I forgot how fast y'all can be sometimes. ;) Thank you for the gifts @Grouchybeast

My updated top 5
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Readalot1 I know! I'm working on the Futureshock Bedroom and not only do I have enough simpoints for the Super Sleeper, but I'm pretty sure (like 80 percent sure) that one would work, but Atomic Living and Dining... If I do it, that'll set me back on the Super Sleeper.

I'm thinking should go for it and see what happens. I can build those points back up for the Super Sleeper assuming I find a lot more ads before the sale ends or Futureshock come back up, whichever comes first.

ETA: Nope, it doesn't work. The original price of the set is 1, 377 simpoints, I don't own anything but the Pet Feeding Station now which makes it 782 simpoints for CYS, on this DD it's 445 simpoints. The things I do to learn, lol... :mrgreen:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited August 2015
    @ApparentlyAwesome and @Readalot1

I posted a reply to your question about the AutoNoms, on the Daily Deal thread, but thought I would respond to you here, too, just in case:

A really good tool for determining how much a set will be on the Daily Deal is Eliana's Calculator, found here: http://elianahere.jwhostings.net/
    where you can plug in the full price of the set, along with what the Complete Your Set price is, to determine what the Daily Deal price will be. If the number comes up to a negative number, then the set will be free.

Another formula for determining how much the CYS discount will be is found here: http://simsdailydeals.proboards.com/thread/18/daily-deal-stalker-important-information with this part in particular that will help you:

"Calculate the CYS Discount On A Set

The basic rule for working out the CYS price is (Set Price*.9)-(Item Cost*.9) rounded up to the nearest 5sp.

So, for example, if a set normally costs 1000sp and the price of all the items in it that you have bought individually is 300sp then your CYS price would be about 630sp (900 - 270)."

So, the AutoNoms is $284, as you mention and the full set is $1377. You would multiply ($1377 x .9 = $1239.30)-($284 x .9= $255.6) = $984 is your new CYS price (thanks to @VGryphon) Putting that into Eliana's calculator you would pay about $449 while the set is on the DD for $782. Since the DD is already at $782, and you would be paying the $284 plus the $449 = $733, it would be a marginally better deal to buy the AutoNoms first, and then the Daily Deal.

I hope this wasn't too confusing... :grimace: And if my math was wrong (which is entirely possible) someone please let me know. Again thanks to @VGryphon for letting me know. :smiley:
    Post edited by jbsquared2000 on
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2015
    I've updated my top five here.

ETA: Forgot the link, sorry. My dog just came running in here way too happy... :confused:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    @Readalot1 you're welcome
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Thanks @Grouchybeast for wiping out my top 5! Still working on Make A Wish compilation, hoping to get the green button on Wednesday when it comes up for daily deal.

Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ZeeGee966

Top 5 post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13807950/#Comment_13807950
  • MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    Thank you to the two gifters that wiped out five venues off my wishlist! You can be found in my thank you thread in my signature <3

Updated my Top 5

Wishlist can be found in my signature - thank you and happy simming :D
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • fairygirl7fairygirl7 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Thank you very much @RaeNic for the two lovely gifts! <3

My top 5 has been updated. :smiley:
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Sneakakees is at it again...
    <3
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop <3
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    updated YET AGAIN :lol::love:
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Thanks @Grouchybeast for wiping out my top 5! Still working on Make A Wish compilation, hoping to get the green button on Wednesday when it comes up for daily deal.

Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ZeeGee966

Top 5 post: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13807950/#Comment_13807950

@Grouchybeast took a lot off my list too!!! HUGE shoutout to Grouchybeast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • fairygirl7fairygirl7 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Thank you so much @charlotteprice for wiping out my top 5! <3

My top 5 has been updated. :smiley:
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    @charlotteprice
    My sims are going to LOVE the Cow Plant!
  • Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Thank you @Reachsims for clearing out my list :smiley: just 3 sets left to complete but I really hope that they show up on sale (Le Cirque Celebration, Fifth Avenue) or are adjusted for CYS (When Worlds Collide-Futureshock)
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

Updated my Top 5 thanks to a very kind simmer :)
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • MegaMauricioMegaMauricio Posts: 238 Member
    Updated my top 5 here thanks to @PinguinoGamer94 gifting me 3 objects of my list. Really I appreciate it.
    I am Bluebomber21 in theSims3. lol
    My Studio here.
    Accepting new friends!
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    It took time to recover my wish list after so many gifts! <3 Thank you to @fan00123 , @Heledriel and @charlotteprice for the wonderful gifts!!

The updated list can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13771636/#Comment_13771636
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Updated my wishlist here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13338403/#Comment_13338403

Thank you so much for being so generous @reachsims and gifting me Sunlit Tides! I'm really thankful :)
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
    edited August 2015
    Thank you so much to @scillakees , @charlotteprice , and @jbsquared2000 for the gifts. They are very much appreciated. My top 5 is wiped out again!

Edit: I think I just discovered how to make a Thank You Thread! Mwahahahaha! Everybody will receive individual thanks there in addition to my lengthy post on the previous page of this thread.

My Thank You Thread here. (Will be linked once I am allowed to link. Grrr.)

Edit #2: Just used the CYS/DD calculator to discover that when the Bohemian Garden set comes up on DD later today I'll get it for 1 SP! So thrilled! Thank you so much to everyone who gifted me items from this set!
    Post edited by Readalot1 on
    My Wishlist here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Thanks to all those who have stopped by to say thanks and have updated their posts. <3 It's because of YOU that I do this.

@Readalot1 - When you reach full member status, you may do a new post with your top five list so you can add links and I will edit your link in the directory to reflect the new post. Soon. :)
  • tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    Updated my wishlist here

Many thanks to @charlotteprice for the multitude of emails bearing happy news lately <3
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?