Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• TipTip Posts: 1,018 Member
    @MocaJava @niecee4
    Omg never knew that!
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Ok so I decided to do something a little different. I made one of my crazies no longer crazy and made him his own little apartment in the asylum. He's the maintenance guy and between 8am and 4pm he's on duty, repairing and cleaning up the asylum when necessarily. After 4 pm he retreats to his apartment and does not clean up or repair anything until the next day. Haven't really set an ultimate goal for it yet, just sort of seeing what happens.
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    Gahhh! Here it is! I name dropped you @MocaJava ... having soOoo much fun with this challenge!!! This is last nights recording :) thanks for watching if you watch it :)

The Sims 4 - Episode 3 - Asylum Challenge: https://youtu.be/q8v4qP8lBzk
  • ImaSimsGeekImaSimsGeek Posts: 207 Member
    This is the funnest challenge ever!
    > @ImaSimsGeek said:
    > This is the funnest challenge ever!

Lol ikr!
  • zmora_upiorazmora_upiora Posts: 1 New Member
    What about plants? Are plants the skill building object?
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    I'm starting this challenge, but everyone in the Asylum is based on Archer characters. My husband says I nailed them, and they will be on the gallery under my Origin ID in my sig. I'll also be recorded the experience on my youtube channel, the same as my origin ID.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    The Sims 4 - Episode 4 - Asylum Challenge: https://youtu.be/B7rSPN1Ew-4
  • RawrizardsRawrizards Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm trying the challenge but since everyone else must be a criminal I am going to make Arkham Asylum and have all of my sims be villains from Batman! I think this is going to be really fun!!
    I shall get onto snapping some shots now I am a member! :smiley:
  • lauryNsimslauryNsims Posts: 2 New Member
    I love this challenge so much, im gonna do it i think ! Thank you so much. I'll just change some rules in my game, for adapting to those I love to do, can i ? ( sorry for my bad bad bad english im french haha ;) )
  • Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    I am doing a celebrity version with Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Kylie Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, and Beyoncé and so far it's really fun! I turned off aging because I get way to attached XD. I'm using English simmer's asylum but I adapted it for easy mode. Iggy is my main sim.
    lauryNsims wrote: »
    I love this challenge so much, im gonna do it i think ! Thank you so much. I'll just change some rules in my game, for adapting to those I love to do, can i ? ( sorry for my bad bad bad english im french haha ;) )

Pretty sure you can if you want, and your English is great! :P
  • lauryNsimslauryNsims Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Tip said:
    > lauryNsims wrote: »
    >
    > I love this challenge so much, im gonna do it i think ! Thank you so much. I'll just change some rules in my game, for adapting to those I love to do, can i ? ( sorry for my bad bad bad english im french haha ;) )
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Pretty sure you can if you want, and your English is great! :P

haha thank you :blush:
  • ShirviuShirviu Posts: 4 New Member
    I just completed my Asylum challenge on medium difficulty! I can't upload the family I used to the gallery because it won't connect anymore...think it's a bug. Anyways!

Scoring:

+50: per aspiration completed.
    Completed 3 as per the challenge so that's 150

+1: per skill point any of the 8 Sims you have at the end. Only living Sims count.
    102 for my main sim, then 32+38+33+32+30+35 (one sim died) = 302

+1: per 1000 Satisfaction points every Sim has.
    4330+2385+3035+3325+2765+3935+ 6410 on hand on my main sims and 43500 spent (not sure if Im supposed to count the ones spent) = 69685 aspiration points which is rounding the number to 70 challenge points.

-20: per Sim that died.
    -20 (one sim)

-20: per fire which has occurred.
    -60 (3 fires)

-20: per day when the power and water is shut off. (E.g. Power and Water shut off for 2 days =-40 points)
    I wish it listed this in the stats of your sims! I think my power was off for 2 days but I never had my water off so -40?

TOTAL: 150+302+70-20-60-40 = 402! :smiley:

I was playing on long life and my sim has 63 days until she ages to elder so she is actually fairly young. I think if I kept playing I could get a lot more points but the medium challenge was the perfect length for me I only started getting bored of the family near the end of my last aspiration, and that's because I have enough money by now that people have much higher needs and emotions than at the start.
    Shirviu wrote: »
    *snip*

Awesome!
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Ok so I don't usually do challenges for points anyway so i was goofing around with my whole 'maintenance guy' idea to see what would happen. I was hoping for some real chaos and maybe some character death, but it didn't happen. I haven't played much of earlier Sims games but from what I understand Sims take a lot better care of themselves in this game than the older ones. They got really filthy when the toilet and shower broke and my guy was off shift but no one died, not even the guy with the squeamish trait. I was a little disappointed lol.
    The water has been shut off for ages now.

They all smell, and every time they use the toilet they get the "dirty plumbing" mood lit. Sigh,
  • Xendra_LoxXendra_Lox Posts: 1 New Member
    In easy mode, can you build furniture. For example, my main sim has constantly fixed showers and sinks, and can build furniture. Can she build it or does the "8" sit spot rule apply? (has the work table as skill building)
  • Eidolon23Eidolon23 Posts: 175 Member
    I guess we can decorate with pictures on the hard one. Yes or no?
    "The worst thing you can do is tame the chaos in you. It is like being told not to feel when you are thrown in the fire." R. M. Drake
    Can you use the garden plot with 4 in it or only the one with 1?
    "The worst thing you can do is tame the chaos in you. It is like being told not to feel when you are thrown in the fire." R. M. Drake
    Does the chair for the computer desk have to be one of the seatings?
  • Jasmine_MarieJasmine_Marie Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started playing this challenge and so far I'm enjoying it! I am still building my asylum and I have broken the rule of having to buy the cheapest item as I want to give my asylum a certain look and that requires some of the nicer items...
    I am just not going to decorate a lot, I guess. That sorta ups their mood. Guess as I have money will buy things. Don't thing yard things up the mood, though. hmm
    edited August 2015
    Guess we can't get the others jobs, huh? They have to find them their self?