Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Traits Would You Like to Return in the Next EP? - GT

2...Next

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well for starters they should have traits that wrap around some of the emotions the game so highly touts - like they need to be more insecure, fearful, have less confidence, some anxieties, even outright phobias - as right now they are mostly deliriously ecstatic or so down in the dumps they look ready to crumple into a ball and roll the rest of the way home. There needs to be some middle ground as well as some negative affects that differ from the total devastated look. So what ever traits can be somewhat in between or in opposite directions with the appropriate emotions tagged to each. Also they need more choices to start with - as they all really behave alike and it is hard to detect much difference. The buffs we previously saw in traits seem to be curtailed a bit too small in the Sims 4 - but then maybe it is just me and not having played the game at great lengths like I play Sims 2 and Sims 3. I would like a Goth Sim to have more Goth type of traits. If that makes any sense and stop being like a tv sitcom like the Adams family or Monsters were where they only appear Gothic looking. A Goth should not be all cheerful and light like that.

As for former traits - I love the Proper trait - many in my family including myself are much easier to portray in the game with that trait - so I really enjoyed having that particular trait in Sims 3. Vegetarian is another I wish for, but at least the game itself does allow my sims a vegetarian choice of food - I like it when it is an actual trait though as that way I don't have to worry so much about my sim grabbing something to make before I had a chance to stop them that was not vegetarian.

At the beginning, you spoke of phobias and it hit me, what if there were spiders in the game and the sims reacted to them. Sims scared of dogs or cats or snakes ect. This might could play into some pranks and scaring sims with snakes, lizzards, rats, or spiders. :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Shuushii wrote: »
    A stalker trait which the NPCs sims to have.

I want my Sim to obsess over anyone they like and would want to continually take pics of them or watch them from outside their window. >:)

I love that idea. You should put it in the ideas forums. It is really different from what we have had in the past and would make for some neat story play.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd love to have the Vegetarian trait back, as long as there are enough vegetarian dishes that it doesn't get boring. Best thing about Sims 3 Supernatural was that it added a ton of vegetarian recipes using the mushrooms. (I wish we could use some of the OR plants in recipes, not just in making elixirs.)

I'd also like Unflirty -- that might be a good one to curb a lot of the extracurricular romantic activity until we get a Faithful trait.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Socially awkward by far! I had so much fun with that trait in TS3. It would work really well with all the talking that goes on in TS4.
  • TheOpheliacTheOpheliac Posts: 170 Member
    Mightydan wrote: »
    Socially awkward by far! I had so much fun with that trait in TS3. It would work really well with all the talking that goes on in TS4.

Ooh, I forgot this one! I'd love to see how the Socially Awkward trait would play when paired with the Outgoing or Romantic traits.
  • PawsNyuuPawsNyuu Posts: 142 Member
    edited July 2015
    I was hoping for the Vegetarian trait to make a comeback with "Spa Day", but sadly, it didn't happen. I hope this isn't a trend that's going to continue - not adding new traits and aspirations to the game. We need more! As for other traits I'd like to have: Dramatic, Hates the Outdoors, Workaholic, Eccentric, Hydrophobic, Absent-minded, Proper, Shy etc. Also really want Likes/Dislikes, Zodiac signs and Favourites back.
    Origin ID: NyuuMoe
  • kipperfan01kipperfan01 Posts: 152 Member
    I miss the Kleptomaniac trait the most. I used make a family, move them into an unfurnished house, and furnish it solely with stolen items, it was so much fun.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    PawsNyuu wrote: »
    I was hoping for the Vegetarian trait to make a comeback with "Spa Day", but sadly, it didn't happen. I hope this isn't a trend that's going to continue - not adding new traits and aspirations to the game. We need more! As for other traits I'd like to have: Dramatic, Hates the Outdoors, Workaholic, Eccentric, Hydrophobic, Absent-minded, Proper, Shy etc. Also really want Likes/Dislikes, Zodiac signs and Favourites back.

We got Squeamish with Outdoor Retreat, so I was disappointed that we didn't get any new traits or aspirations with either GTW or Spa Day. A One With Everything aspiration involving yoga, meditation and Wellness Skill would have been really cool -- maybe reward would have been similar to the Carefree trait where you don't get Tense, but you wouldn't have to use your aspiration points to get it.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    PawsNyuu wrote: »

We got Squeamish with Outdoor Retreat, so I was disappointed that we didn't get any new traits or aspirations with either GTW or Spa Day. A One With Everything aspiration involving yoga, meditation and Wellness Skill would have been really cool -- maybe reward would have been similar to the Carefree trait where you don't get Tense, but you wouldn't have to use your aspiration points to get it.

Ohh, that would be a great aspiration! And i think it is much more fun to get it from doing an asperiation than just buying it with points =)
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    *Rebellious* was my favorite from TS3, Hopefully it will be back at some point. :)
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    Id love the Kleptomaniac and Rebellious traits back having bad Sims can be so much fun! >:)
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    * Heavy Sleeper
    * Hydrophobic
    * Inappropriate
    * Kleptomaniac
    * Loser
    * Lucky
    * No sense of humor
    * Mooch
    * Neurotic
    * Schmoozer
    * Technophobe
    * Unlucky
    * Vehicle Enthusiast
    * Vegetarian
    * Workaholic
    * Dramatic
    * Eccentric
    * Eco-Friendly
    * Savvy Sculptor
    * Rebellious
    * Bot Fan
    * Unstable
    * Shy
    * Animal Lover
    * Equestrian
    * Diva
    * Proper
    * Supernatural Fan
    * Supernatural Skeptic
    * Socially Awkward
    * Photographer's Eye

I guess these are the one's I'd like most out of that list considering which I thought were fun and which would really add to the types of personalities I try to create to have unique, diverse and interesting sims in my game.

• Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Eco-friendly was great. You got fun when gardening & had quicker showers. Only down was you got unhappy when in a car...well we don't have cars anymore!!!!!

Showers take wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long in TS4!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Pretty much all of those. Bad cook, lawn ornament lover, favorite color and music and food, deviant, and supernatural fan would be nice too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PinkFlamingoSimsPinkFlamingoSims Posts: 32 Member
    I think I miss the kleptomaniac trait the most so I'd like that back! :)
  • KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    Unlucky Sims could get a tense mood when they woke up occasionally, and Lucky Sims could get an Inspired mood.

Maybe Unlucky sims could break objects faster, like by holding it. And if we ever get meteor showers in game, they would be most at risk for those (if said event caused them to die, their grave stone would mark "John Doe was an unlucky fellow who ever lived" etc., lol). Oh, maybe even have random demotions, lose more fights, have a harder time getting a relationship. Lucky sims would have better chances at finding rare collectibles, get random promotions, maybe win lotteries/sweepstakes.

I would like back Inappropriate (but with a twist like actually having negative consequences to calling people's mother a llama :p ) and Over-emotional (these sims made everything muuuch harder :|). Oh and vegetarian and kleptomaniac, of course too.