Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need your help - patch downloading issues in The Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Hello.
    I've got a bit of an issue. I can download a patch for my game, the latest one, but it never completes. The patch downloader fails around 10 percent (that's the modder version), and the Origin manages to get to 1.64 out of 1.64 gb of the patch, 99%, but then the download speed falls to a crawl of 1KB per second. I don't feel it's actually downloading as it's still not working after 2 hours. I can download 99% of the patch in 10 minutes, but the rest? Impossible!

try the superpatch 1.67 on this blog for all regions

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/01/patch-1-67.html
  • Options
    Ekayla03Ekayla03 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi, my patch wont download, it's spitting the disk out. Anyone have a clue?
  • Options
    LetimortisLetimortis Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the problem of the looping patch, I try to update and everything seems to have worked but it keeps telling me that another update is available and it's the same one that I just tried to update to. I can play, but I've looked at previous patch notes and on some of them it says that things are added that I don't have....for example one patch from two years ago says that it added spiral stairs and a ladder to the base game but I don't have any. And I've read that laundry items were added as well. Could my game be stuck in a very old patch or am I just reading the note completely wrong? Could uninstalling everything then re-installing fix this?
  • Options
    softstarlightsoftstarlight Posts: 53 Member
    I can't get passed the new patch. When I click on 'yes' it does nothing same with 'later'.
  • Options
    JollyMe08JollyMe08 Posts: 226 Member
    I recently decided to bust out my TS3 after a couple years' hiatus. I was getting one of those "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)" errors when hitting Play. When I tried to download the patch via the launcher, I would get get same error everyone else seems to be getting. If I press Yes, it prompts me to download the patch again. If I press No and then press Play, I get the same error. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game several times. I tried downloading the superpatch from here. I am STILL g etting the same error. I am trying to run the game on Windows 8, so I don't know if that's the issue...however, I should add that I was able to play TS3 on Windows 8 perfectly fine the last time I tried to play. I tried to download the digital version of the game via Origin...same thing. This is incredibly frustrating :( I just want to be able to play a game I paid for...it should be working.
  • Options
    JollyMe08JollyMe08 Posts: 226 Member
    I keep trying to search for a solution on Google... saw someone mention that it worked for them running the game at Windows 7 compatibility as an administrator. Didn't work for me :( Is there any hope at all at this point that this issue will be addressed further? I just want to play my game... or are we expected to give up and just purchase TS4, because honestly, it feels like EA only cares about whatever the latest version of the game is :/
  • Options
    veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    @JollyMe08 try posting in a new thread in this forum. You will actually get help there.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    msdaycareownermsdaycareowner Posts: 692 Member
    Months ago I got a virus and also was having trouble with my hard drive so I got another one. Decided to only DL sims 4 for the time being, still have the same video card. I have all the packs so I DL all of them updating I went with no problems. After I finished I wanted to play so I open the launcher and click play, it disappears and it does the spinning thing then stop and nothing else happens, I tried a few more times and nothing happens. I open the task manager and it's not there. I keep task manager open and open the launcher, it's in the task manager, I click play and it disappears from the screen and the task manager. So I uninstall everything and reinstall base game open launcher and canceled update then started the game it starts fine after a minute get to the town and a message about the video card not being recognized comes up I close the game and reopen the launcher to do the update. I try to start the game when the update finishes and it just disappears and nothing else. I don't know if this is the same problem or not but there is my problem with the patch. Thank you for your time.
  • Options
    plantina21plantina21 Posts: 211 Member
    actually i have some glitches, i have the latest patch but my sims is doing weird things. i started a new file (have 2) moved my sims into mosquito cove and remolded it (just added a room under the bath) . my sim wanted to read she went upstairs got a book , went through the wall "walked" downstairs , through the door to the couch downstairs. when she had to go to the bathroom she goes upstairs twice. when she goes downstairs its usually through the floor. if she is upstairs drawing or sleeping and i go down to the bottom level shes's hanging or floating there.
    in another file i had that i deleted every time i zoomed out my female sim would get the sims 4 demon baby look. ( actually it was more like the assassins creed unity face glitch) i had a small makeup problem with the first file but i fixed it.

yesterday origin updated , today origin updated.
    so is their anything i can do ( have latest patch , and quite honestly ive never glitched so bad when playing sims before )
  • Options
    ShallaeShallae Posts: 3,166 Member
    I have encountered the bug that makes my game no longer playable.
    Unfortunately, I do not have any screenshots, as this happened automatically, and I wasn't quite sure what was going on.
    > I am running Windows 8.1
    > Turned on PC (Origin logs in automatically)
    > Origin gives message about needing to repair games.
    > I say yes (I didn't know this was an issue until too late :neutral: )
    > Origin gives message about needing to uninstall Sims 3 expansion packs
    > Island Paradise
    > Into the Future
    > World Adventures
    > I decline the uninstall.
    > Play game normally, works fine.
    > Next day, Origin automatically updates to EA account.
    > Launcher no longer works.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Shallae - Try downloading and running the SuperPatcher to bring everything back up to Patch 1.67. The flawed Origin update had been downpatching things under the hood even for those who declined the uninstalls and you may have a mismatch now. If the SuperPatcher says you are already up to date, make it run anyway. It's admittedly a huge download, but easy to run once you've got it.
    http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ShallaeShallae Posts: 3,166 Member
    edited July 2015
    @igazor - Thank you, I'll attempt the fix :) I'll edit this post if it ends up working.

Edit: This fix did work! Thank you, igazor for your help :smile:
    Post edited by Shallae on
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    I updated with the latest patch and can't play my Sims 3 at all....it keeps telling me that the launcher has stopped working.
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    I did have the super patch but downloaded it again and re-installed it and voila....the game launcher opened.
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    @Pugslover4 I have gotten this message for the past couple years. But It does not affect my game, it is just annoying.
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    aghyad77aghyad77 Posts: 2 New Member
    Someone PLEASE help me with this question !

So i reinstalled my base game yesterday in order to re-download my expansion packs, so the install for my expansion pack told me to update my game to 1.67 .I tried updating it, but every time I press the word *Update* the launcher crashes !

So I tried looking online and I found this so-called super patch. I downloaded it just like the instructions said. On step ( C ) for the download it said that I have extract something from my old update. The thing is that I just downloaded it yesterday, and when I tried updating it, the only update that was available was 1.67 . In other words, I don't have *ANY* old base game update files. And my only option here is to wait.

Any ideas to help me ? please ?!
  • Options
    trinibabitrinibabi Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2015
    So I recently started playing again and am constantly getting a message saying that I can't use the online features until I update to 1.67. Everytime I try to update I get a scripts error message and after the patch is supposedly done, I get this message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Progra...8CP_Guest_6568(4)_ver2 }\TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe

abnormal program termination

I downloaded the Super Patch and got this message when I tried to run it:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
    PAPP:
    PVENDOR:
    PGUID:
    $
    @Windows Vista Service PAck 2 (6002)
    IE Version: 9.0.8112.16421

What does this mean, and how do I fix it? There are items that I bought that I am unable to use in the game until it updates. Help!!
  • Options
    REDSTORM19592010REDSTORM19592010 Posts: 4 New Member
    I backed up all my save files, and the directory they were in to a directory I stored on an external hard drive, before I upgraded to windows 10. It was a good thing I did the upgrade did not go well and I had a crippled version of windows 10. I got windows 10 to work properly then a few days ago I reinstalled the base game and all the expansion packs, I made sure the base game would work before I installed the expansion packs I own. I then tested the reinstalled content before I overwrote the saved directory with the contents of the saved directory.

If anyone else is having issues with a windows 10 update. I hope the saved content was saved first to another drive. Then make sure windows 10 is installed properly with all the video drivers. When that is done run or download the base games and the expansion packs and after they have installed properly let the saved files overwrite the new saved content folder.

I have my sim worlds back after doing without them for nearly a month.
  • Options
    nator316nator316 Posts: 130 Member
    I have this unlimited patching scenario currently I was finally installing University Expansion when It told me my version was 2 low to install it. So I press TS3 Launcher which updated me with ver 1.67 but in an infinite cycle I downloaded 1.6 GB of 1.67 version 3 times I will try downloading the 3 rest of expansions if it doesn't works I'm calling it quite and quitting The Sims 3 and going back to The Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    nator316 wrote: »
    I have this unlimited patching scenario currently I was finally installing University Expansion when It told me my version was 2 low to install it. So I press TS3 Launcher which updated me with ver 1.67 but in an infinite cycle I downloaded 1.6 GB of 1.67 version 3 times I will try downloading the 3 rest of expansions if it doesn't works I'm calling it quite and quitting The Sims 3 and going back to The Sims 4.
    As has been stated many times on this thread and elsewhere over and over...

Instead of using the Launcher to patch to 1.67, use the SuperPatcher. It is much more reliable and should be used even after a Launcher patch to make sure it was done completely. If the SuperPatcher claims you are already up to date, make it run anyway.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

Complaining about the Launcher seems like a natural thing to do. But that doesn't help get players' games working very well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    googleshopgoogleshop Posts: 1 New Member
    My housemate and I are also stuck in the infinate looping update. we are on differant versions of windows but both have fairly new high-end computers.

Whenever I open the game launcher I get three errors come up signifying script errors.
    line 216 char 3 error; expected identifier, string or number Code: 0 URL:thesims3.com/launcher/patches/447287726

and

Line 106 Char 3 Error: Expected identifier, string or number Code :0 URL: launcherapi.thesims3.com/launcher/home.html?launcherLocale=en_US&launcherCountry=AU

and the third error I must have accidently cleared somehow

Also whenever i start up the game i have to reenter my email and password despite telling it to remember me and that is getting pretty boring as well.

oh, while trying to log in it came up with another script error

line 0 Character: 0 error: script error Code:0 URL: cdn.mypage.thesims.com/scripts/combined.js.h1087868628.pack

gods this is annoying.... sign into origin... sign into ea... sign into sims3- FAIL! I should sign in once and have access to everything I need.

I can't connect without the update and it's almost 2 GB. Our internet only runs at 20-40 kb/s I can't be bothered wasting more of my time on this
  • Options
    lilblisterlilblister Posts: 5 New Member
    Sorry kinda off topic. Can someone look at my newest post? I need help :P
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    @SimGuruBChick

Hi, I don't know if your still looking for info?
    In case you are, here is my issue with the patches:

I have been taking a break from Sims 3 since I had multi-clitch, -freeze, -crash etc. from the beginning (never had the problems with Sims 2, but I'm on a Mac!).

But I missed playing and therefore I have been trying a few different things lately to get it to perform better. (I have since the beginning tried pretty much any known troubleshooting, incl. contacting EA support an infinite times, without ever getting it to run smoothly for more than about half an hour. Some function, like CAS always crash.)

Im experiencing all the problems you ask about now.
    I had the infinity loop with a store patch, that never patched, but eventually figured out just to ignore it.

In case anyone else have crash-, freeze-, lack-issues It has generally helped my performance to:

- Turn off Wifi before opening launcher. It crash when trying online features anyway.
    - log in to the Sims 3 site before opening launcher if I need to download/upload anything. (It crash if I log in directly in launcher) Instead I start a download in my purchased items (The Launcher will not start the download after opening, but the second time I press download on the item, it start downloading and I can use the launcher without logging in).
    - Only have one active town in Saves when I play (I play many towns simultaneously and build a lot) Now I remove (and save elsewhere!) all other saved towns before opening launcher.
    - Stop deleting the Cache files before playing, as it seemed to slow performance.
    - Always delete the "featured Items" before opening game. But since I turned off wifi they don't accumulate.
    - Save all the time! To prevent loosing to much data when it crash.

About the pathc-issues:

First; I use:
    IMac 21,5 inch mid 2010 used to be 4 GB, I just upgraded to 12 GB due to my love for Sims, thinking this would make it perform better... (- Unfortunately thats not the case!)
    I have almost every stuff pack and every expansion pack.
    I have most extra towns and I have most of the store items.
    I never used mods or 3. party CC.

After I installed the new RAM two days ago, I was so exited to try my game. When I tried to open the sims 3 Launcher my iMac would crash. - Not just the game. I never experienced this before!
    I started to update my software (apple) and then had to reaccepts plugins, javascripts etc. - Maybe thats what caused it? I don't know. But now I could open Launcher.

Now I was asked me to update the store. I tried a few times, each time it just quit the action and the launcher.
    Eventually it would stop with a message saying: Your store is up to date. But clearly in the middle of the action, and no patching was done
    I kept trying to restart the launcher.
    Then I was asked to update the game to the latest patch (from 14). Same story.

I wanted to try a "clean" game, and opened launcher without anything in my Sims3 folder. I started the game up.
    Worked fine, and I quit from the Menu window.

I replaced my saved town-folder and other essential folders in the newly generated EA Sims 3 folders.
    Opened launcher and game. Everything seemed fine. - But all my store content had been uninstalled from game. So I quit it to prevent changing anything.

(I know this is long, sorry)
    I wanted to reinstall all my store items, as well as the towns etc. and went to my purchased items to get starting. But then I experienced the issue that I needed a patch.

When I tried to install something in Launcher it would go through the normal steps of installing, but not succeed. Messsage was that my game was not up to date and i should update it.

Ok... (This has been going on for way to long now. But just imagine going through it in real time!!!)

I realised that my patch seemed to be outdated. I thought it was up to date though, but not sure if it changed during all of the above, or I never installed it. - Although I did a long time ago use the alternative Mac patcher, provided in the Mac sims 3 forum, and should be patched fine.
    It was the 65. patch version (or 64? can't remember even though it was a few hours ago... my head is spinning!) Never mind. I found the super patcher and went through the process of all of it.

It took a while to get it downloaded and installed due to more crashes. But now its finally installed and I have the 67. patch.

Great you would think right?!? - But no... When I try to reinstall all my beloved store items, It still do the same as before I installed the Super patch!
    - It go through all the installation steps and then it let me know that I still need an update...

Now Im stocked in nowhere-patch-land and can't get out.

When I check for updates it tells me that I am up to date. So I don't have any other updates to try.

I can live with the launcher telling me I need updates, even if I don't, as long as I can just ignore it. But now it is prohibiting me from playing my game. - It's no use to me without all my store items and towns.

Actually it seemed like some items would install prior to the update, and a few very old dresses would install after the super patch....?!?!
    - Any change old items could only be installed with the old patch and visa versa????
    If thats the that case, can I uninstall the super patch and figure out what items to install first...?!

I know your asking for info, but I would love some kind of help if anyone know what to do now.
    I don't know how to get my store items reinstalled. And I was really looking forward to playing *sad face*
    I do have my downloads in a folder in my EA sims 3 folder. Can I somehow place them in my game without using the launcher...!??

Otherwise I hope the information is somewhat helpful. If I keep trying (not sure I'm up for it anymore) Ill try to remember to take screenshots and post.

Thank you in advance (And thanks for still trying to make sims 3 work).

All the best
    Stinalina
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @Stinalina - I understand that part of the point of your post is to bring your issues to EA's attention. But, alongside that, you will get a faster and actually more informed response if you post an abbreviated version of that on the TS3 Mac Discussion board. None of the issues you have described are unique to you -- TS3 for Mac was not a proper port into OS X and the result is a version of the game that is much more delicate than its Windows counterpart (as you have already seen) and that can only make use of 2 GB of RAM before giving up and crashing or Erroring out, no matter how much you have after a certain point. It's the only game in the Sims series for which this has happened.

First though, do make sure you have been through this thread and all of the helpful advice collected there.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/658546/latest-mac-help-threads-guides-please-start-here-before-posting-a-problem-updated-27-07-14/p1

In my case, and that of many other Mac users, we gave up on TS3 for Mac long ago, bootcamped Windows, and play the Windows version on our Macs instead. The game still has its flaws and quriks, but the difference in performance between the two versions is like night and day and it's usually much easier to get past the updating and content installation barriers.

I know that my response here is off-topic for this particular thread, but hope it helps you and other players on Macs move things forward a bit.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    @igazor - Thanks for your reply. Your intentions are appreciated.

Your right about Mac and TS3. Thats why I mentioned Sims 2 as it was a pleasure having a separate Mac version.
    Maybe I didn't mentions it, but I have tried pretty much any known fix for Mac, and should be familiar with all possible Mac-issues and solutions - I think. At least as fare as they can go.
    Although I haven't given in to bootcamp, and still see it as my absolute last resource (I hate windows). I tried for long to fix it, and lately I tried for a long time to leave it alone and stopped playing. But as you know, its not easy to quit!

What Im trying to say is; that although I have the above issues, Im trying to work it out and don't really expect anyone to help me. As Its been a long time since that ship sailed. (If you look in to the link provided, you will see me in it several times ;) also trying to help others etc.)
    But just in case someone had the answer to my million dollar question, I took the change to ask. - Well knowing that I can't expect anyone to have the answer.

My main goal was to provide the info related to updates. If anyone is still interested in fixing Sims 3 issues, as I hope they do (but no longer expect).

The few basic solutions I provided is just there in case other Mac-player haven't tried those. As they are not a part of the usual Mac-help info and really helped my performance after I tried everything else. Perhaps I can help a few out, by not having them waisting time figuring it out themselves... Maybe not.

The ironic part is If I had not removed my installed items from my file. I would have a working game now. It seem to work very well now (for the small time i tested it before I quit it). - It might also be working better due to the fact that its not full of store items though... But when I follow the steps provided in the previous comment, I can (could) play it for longer than ever before.

I just don't want to play without my extra items, as they are what makes the game fun for me.

And if nothing else, At least I got my frustration about this €*&#§%$! game out. As I really needed to stop trying installing for a while, before I lost my mind.

Thank you for your comment. I might need you if I one day give in and decide to join the dark side (Bootcamp)!