Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    Everybody knows I'm a modders' fangirl. I heart mods, and MC Command Center is definitely the cream of the crop.

Deaderpool told me he isn't on these forums much, and lately I've been answering a lot of questions about the mod... sometimes after I've gone to his mod page at MTS for answers either in the docs or from him personally. You can't get much better, than straight from the horse's mouth.

Long story short, @luthienrising suggested I should start this thread here, since I'm a MC Command Center cheerleader anyway.

So if anything's confusing you in the mod, ask... I'll see what I can do to help figure it out.

TBH I haven't been using it LONG, but I'm learning fast, and I'll never play without it again. It's *that* good.

Don't have it? There's a link in my sig. :smile:

I have a question my sims kids grew up and all of fhat stuff but had yet to become married and have kids they had 6 kids themselves and only the one I'm planning win progress in life but all of the other npcs are going around living their life it's a setting j can change or my other sims just don't want to get marry and have kids lol
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited July 2015
    MC 1.0.9 is UP! Comments begin on page 89 in the thread.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

If you have a big log file can you please count with Notepad++ how many "delivered 1 baby" and "delivered 2 babies" you have.
    I do have:

12 x "delivered 1 baby"
    7 x "delivered 2 babies"

It is far more twins than what EA have set up:

EA have set this to:
    85% 1 baby,
    10% 2 babies.

I know that can be other mods causing this but it is good to have some statistics from others.
    I dont know if this is the right way to calculate.

Edit:

Aha, a lot of reported errors of borked randomizer here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Alien-Pregnancy-I-don-t-think-so/m-p/4522126#M12486

Post edited by Morphar on
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Morphar wrote: »
    MC 1.0.9 is UP! Comments begin on page 89 in the thread.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

If you have a big log file can you please count with Notepad++ how many "delivered 1 baby" and "delivered 2 babies" you have.
    I do have:

12 x "delivered 1 baby"
    7 x "delivered 2 babies"

It is far more twins than what EA have set up:

EA have set this to:
    85% 1 baby,
    10% 2 babies.

I know that can be other mods causing this but it is good to have some statistics from others.
    I dont know if this is the right way to calculate.

Edit:

Aha, a lot of reported errors of borked randomizer here:
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Alien-Pregnancy-I-don-t-think-so/m-p/4522126#M12486

Re-rolled game (end of first week), no baby boom yet, but it's incoming soon.

One VERY pregnant, one almost as far, and then babypalooza via MC will really take off. Trouble is, it's a work week for me, so I'm not getting much play time. But as soon as I start seeing babies, I'll be counting them, and let you know when the dust settles, what those numbers turn out to be.
  • Options
    DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    > @Morphar said:
    > If you have a big log file can you please count with Notepad++ how many "delivered 1 baby" and "delivered 2 babies" you have.
    > I do have:
    >
    > 12 x "delivered 1 baby"
    > 7 x "delivered 2 babies"
    >
    > It is far more twins than what EA have set up:
    >
    > EA have set this to:
    > 85% 1 baby,
    > 10% 2 babies.
    >
    > I know that can be other mods causing this but it is good to have some statistics from others.
    > I dont know if this is the right way to calculate.
    >

Also, I don't use EA's percentages for pregnancy as I try to use a different one that scales better with larger than 3 possible offspring (since the mod allows up to 6). So, you can have more than 10% twins with MC Pregnancy. I go a little more into details on that in the MTS post.
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    OK, think I messed up my settings somewhere... When I got back from my vacation I decided to purge all my single sims out of the luxury of having their own home. So I got now a lot of empty homes. But problem is, noone seems to want to move into them? What do I need to change to get couples to move into my empty houses again?

And btw, is there anywhere inside this mod an option to do specific searches? Say, I want to find everyone within the tech-guru career?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Is there a way to enable male pregnancy ONLY for same sex couples? Because right now, I have male pregnancy enabled but the men in my man/woman couples are getting pregnant too.
  • Options
    DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    Hi,

I'm having this strange issue with version 1.0.10 and aliens. That's about as close as I can get to the issue. I have gone through each and every mod to see if there was an outdated mod or cc hidden anywhere, but there wasn't. I haven't even added any mods or cc recently Then, I tried the game with just this mod in and I came across the same issue, no other mod or cc. When I try to play my alien sim, she seems to be glitched out. I can't see her photo, but sometimes I can still see the sim, sometimes the sim is invisible, and that's without her disguise. When I put on her disguise, it seems okay, but I still know something is not right, and it's not just my alien sim. When I looked at her friend's list, I couldn't see a couple of her friends' pictures either, there was just this red x, and they were not in their disguise as well.

I still have a backup of 1.0.9, which I am using for the time being, and it works just as well as it used to. Maybe I'm missing something here, I don't know. Help?
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    > @DenimChloe said:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm having this strange issue with version 1.0.10 and aliens. That's about as close as I can get to the issue. I have gone through each and every mod to see if there was an outdated mod or cc hidden anywhere, but there wasn't. I haven't even added any mods or cc recently Then, I tried the game with just this mod in and I came across the same issue, no other mod or cc. When I try to play my alien sim, she seems to be glitched out. I can't see her photo, but sometimes I can still see the sim, sometimes the sim is invisible, and that's without her disguise. When I put on her disguise, it seems okay, but I still know something is not right, and it's not just my alien sim. When I looked at her friend's list, I couldn't see a couple of her friends' pictures either, there was just this red x, and they were not in their disguise as well.
    >
    > I still have a backup of 1.0.9, which I am using for the time being, and it works just as well as it used to. Maybe I'm missing something here, I don't know. Help?

I'll post this over in the thread on modthesims -- I just got something like this too. It could be a problem with the dresser module, I know that had a quick update to it. I'm on my way out the door, so I can't troubleshoot why it happened in my game, but I will later tonight. In the meantime, you can try updating the dresser module, and maybe try toggling the option 'force alien disguise' from true to false. I'll post this over there though, so Deaderpool can help you with it! (if he doesn't see it here first!)
  • Options
    > @Bloudwed said:
    > OK, think I messed up my settings somewhere... When I got back from my vacation I decided to purge all my single sims out of the luxury of having their own home. So I got now a lot of empty homes. But problem is, noone seems to want to move into them? What do I need to change to get couples to move into my empty houses again?
    >
    > And btw, is there anywhere inside this mod an option to do specific searches? Say, I want to find everyone within the tech-guru career?
    There are no searches like that currently in the game. You can do a "get_pop" at the command-line and it'll give you some summary information like how many married/pregnant/aliens you have in your world, but nothing at the career level.

Ok, several things about move-ins. First of all, they only happen once a week. Saturdays at Midnight. If you haven't waited until that time, then you haven't given them a chance to move-in yet.

Second thing, when Saturday night comes and goes, if you have no move-ins, you should check the mc_cmd_center.log file. It will tell you if you have invalid lots that are marked as "not-furnished" in-game. If you cursor over a house in a neighborhood and it doesn't show a "bedroom/bathroom" counter on it, then it isn't marked as furnished so that lot will be ignored. It will also be reported in the log file when population runs the move-in process as being not furnished.

Third thing, what is your Open Houses set to? If it is low, no problem. If it is high, then if you don't have more empty houses than that number available, no move-ins will happen.

Thanks!
  • Options
    DenimChloe wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm having this strange issue with version 1.0.10 and aliens. That's about as close as I can get to the issue. I have gone through each and every mod to see if there was an outdated mod or cc hidden anywhere, but there wasn't. I haven't even added any mods or cc recently Then, I tried the game with just this mod in and I came across the same issue, no other mod or cc. When I try to play my alien sim, she seems to be glitched out. I can't see her photo, but sometimes I can still see the sim, sometimes the sim is invisible, and that's without her disguise. When I put on her disguise, it seems okay, but I still know something is not right, and it's not just my alien sim. When I looked at her friend's list, I couldn't see a couple of her friends' pictures either, there was just this red x, and they were not in their disguise as well.

I still have a backup of 1.0.9, which I am using for the time being, and it works just as well as it used to. Maybe I'm missing something here, I don't know. Help?

Well, we just had a game patch, so any mods not updated after that are suspect, unless verified as working by the creator (thinking of MadameButterfly and how she just puts a "checked for [date] patch" on her main pages).

And I saw a post from Deaderpool just land, so I'm gonna see what HE says before I go farther. :)
  • Options
    Drat! MTS is down, and gonna be, till after I'm gone to work. Waaahhhhh!

Delphy @DelphyMTS
    Currently doing some database maintenance to optimize some tables to hopefully improve the speed of the site. ETA ~3 hours.

• Options
    > @MocaJava said:
    > Is there a way to enable male pregnancy ONLY for same sex couples? Because right now, I have male pregnancy enabled but the men in my man/woman couples are getting pregnant too.
    Basically, you could set "Same Opposite Sex Only" flag to same-sex only relationship and male pregnancy to true, but I don't think that's what you're wanting. Basically, once you set male pregnancy to true, then any males can become pregnant. It doesn't base it on Same/Opposite Sex couples at all. I have something on my TO DO list to add something that would handle this in the future.

Thanks!
  • Options
    > @sabreene said:
    > I'll post this over in the thread on modthesims -- I just got something like this too. It could be a problem with the dresser module, I know that had a quick update to it. I'm on my way out the door, so I can't troubleshoot why it happened in my game, but I will later tonight. In the meantime, you can try updating the dresser module, and maybe try toggling the option 'force alien disguise' from true to false. I'll post this over there though, so Deaderpool can help you with it! (if he doesn't see it here first!)

He didn't see it here first, but I am responding here since Sabreene brought it to my attention. :smile:

Most likely, this has something to do with dresser combined with the aliens. In 1.0.10, I did a lot of refactoring on MC Dresser trying to fix some issues with it not running 100% of the time. In the process, I may've let something slip through on the alien code. It sounds like it is trying to dress an alien in invalid clothing (and maybe hair and makeup to give them invisible faces?)

If someone is not using any CC and wants to get me their save file, I'd be glad to try to analyze this where it'll be easier to reproduce.
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    > @MocaJava said:
    > Is there a way to enable male pregnancy ONLY for same sex couples? Because right now, I have male pregnancy enabled but the men in my man/woman couples are getting pregnant too.
    Basically, you could set "Same Opposite Sex Only" flag to same-sex only relationship and male pregnancy to true, but I don't think that's what you're wanting. Basically, once you set male pregnancy to true, then any males can become pregnant. It doesn't base it on Same/Opposite Sex couples at all. I have something on my TO DO list to add something that would handle this in the future.

Thanks!

Thank you for your answer. It's not a HUGE deal to me, it was just a bit of a shock when I got my sim's brother married to a woman and he showed up at my door one day with a baby bump :D . And he had TRIPLETS.

• Options
    > @sabreene said:
    > I'll post this over in the thread on modthesims -- I just got something like this too. It could be a problem with the dresser module, I know that had a quick update to it. I'm on my way out the door, so I can't troubleshoot why it happened in my game, but I will later tonight. In the meantime, you can try updating the dresser module, and maybe try toggling the option 'force alien disguise' from true to false. I'll post this over there though, so Deaderpool can help you with it! (if he doesn't see it here first!)

He didn't see it here first, but I am responding here since Sabreene brought it to my attention. :smile:

Most likely, this has something to do with dresser combined with the aliens. In 1.0.10, I did a lot of refactoring on MC Dresser trying to fix some issues with it not running 100% of the time. In the process, I may've let something slip through on the alien code. It sounds like it is trying to dress an alien in invalid clothing (and maybe hair and makeup to give them invisible faces?)

If someone is not using any CC and wants to get me their save file, I'd be glad to try to analyze this where it'll be easier to reproduce.

@Deaderpool check that gmail you used to send me the RW file. :) save game and configs there... I forgot to add what mods I have, though... not tons and you probably have some of the same ones...

a4plys.jpg

MB's drink mods verified post patch. save hidden goes with fix nomail. Scumbumbo's are mostly small fixits, not updated yet but may not need it. Nothing new last night, anyway, and now MTS is down for maintenance (7/30 at 7pm) for a couple more hours. (Timestamp to avoid later OMG MTS is down??? freakouts)

shortcuts from plasticbox. Weerbesu, 3 mods in, all updated post patch. similarly, more cheats. Oh hey, if you need any of the mod files, post back here, I can send you those too, since MTS is unavailable ATM.
  • Options
    @Deaderpool check that gmail you used to send me the RW file. :) save game and configs there... I forgot to add what mods I have, though... not tons and you probably have some of the same ones...

MB's drink mods verified post patch. save hidden goes with fix nomail. Scumbumbo's are mostly small fixits, not updated yet but may not need it. Nothing new last night, anyway, and now MTS is down for maintenance (7/30 at 7pm) for a couple more hours. (Timestamp to avoid later OMG MTS is down??? freakouts)

shortcuts from plasticbox. Weerbesu, 3 mods in, all updated post patch. similarly, more cheats. Oh hey, if you need any of the mod files, post back here, I can send you those too, since MTS is unavailable ATM.
    So you were seeing the invisible alien thing also and it's in this save you sent?
  • Options

So you were seeing the invisible alien thing also and it's in this save you sent?

Oh, no, sorry, I didn't realize you needed a file with THAT, I sent mine because you asked for a no-cc save, and I've got that. 6 aliens to play with, 4 are mapped, 2 are not unless the last wave did it, I don't know them. Panero, Li and Phelps males are aliens and Kerry Lothario is a female alien.

Just trying to help... sorry if it doesn't!
  • Options
    Oh, no, sorry, I didn't realize you needed a file with THAT, I sent mine because you asked for a no-cc save, and I've got that. 6 aliens to play with, 4 are mapped, 2 are not unless the last wave did it, I don't know them. Panero, Li and Phelps males are aliens and Kerry Lothario is a female alien.

Just trying to help... sorry if it doesn't!

No problem! Thanks for trying, anyway! :)

There's an issue reported here with the invisible alien Sim and on MTS with a lot of family trees disappearing...those are the two things I need to get save files with them happening and see if I can figure out why. I actually think I may have an idea on the Dresser Alien problem, but it'd help to have a file to verify it if I do figure out a fix.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Deaderpool

Is there a way to send you my save file? I don't know how to, but I could try, I guess.

And to clarify on my end, I don't have dresser. The only modules I downloaded are careeer, cleaner, and population, as well as the script and package file (obviously, not sure if I needed to clarify). When I was doing some testing of my own, I was able to re-create the bugs by either going into cas then back out and traveling, with my alien sim, while she was not in disguise.
  • Options
    DenimChloe wrote: »
    @Deaderpool

Is there a way to send you my save file? I don't know how to, but I could try, I guess.

And to clarify on my end, I don't have dresser. The only modules I downloaded are careeer, cleaner, and population, as well as the script and package file (obviously, not sure if I needed to clarify). When I was doing some testing of my own, I was able to re-create the bugs by either going into cas then back out and traveling, with my alien sim, while she was not in disguise.
    If you have a game save where I could open it and go into CAS with the Alien, that'd be a place to start. But, if you don't use dresser, I'm not sure how anything in my mod would've made that happen. Dresser is the only module that changes outfits. Population and Cleaner may do some things to force aliens to switch in-and-out of disguises, but it shouldn't do anything to their disguises...

If you want to PM me on MTS, I can get you an e-mail you and get more details...
  • Options
    Sure, will do.
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    > @MocaJava said:
    > Deaderpool wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you for your answer. It's not a HUGE deal to me, it was just a bit of a shock when I got my sim's brother married to a woman and he showed up at my door one day with a baby bump :D . And he had TRIPLETS.

It takes more work, and I just did it with a small test run town, but this seemed to play out okay:

Set male pregnancy to true (so now men can marry)
    Set insiminators to M,F (so now women can marry)
    Now go crazy with the flagging system

You can set who will be a same sex, who will be opposite sex, who will get pregnant (target), who will be the one getting them pregnant (actor)

If you have a whole lot of sims this takes a lot of typing. I recommend throwing a party and inviting people, so that you can click on them to get the flag menu (if you don't want to do as much typing).

In my large town, I didn't feel like flagging everyone, so I have m/m only as automatic. For f/f relationships I'll step in and micromanage. For m/m it's a bit easier:

Set male pregnancy to true (so men can marry)
    Leave insiminators as M (so women can't get men or women pregnant)

Now you just have to flag the men you want to be opposite sex or same sex, or leave it alone to let the game randomly decide.
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »
    > @MocaJava said:
    > Deaderpool wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thank you for your answer. It's not a HUGE deal to me, it was just a bit of a shock when I got my sim's brother married to a woman and he showed up at my door one day with a baby bump :D . And he had TRIPLETS.

It takes more work, and I just did it with a small test run town, but this seemed to play out okay:

Set male pregnancy to true (so now men can marry)
    Set insiminators to M,F (so now women can marry)
    Now go crazy with the flagging system

You can set who will be a same sex, who will be opposite sex, who will get pregnant (target), who will be the one getting them pregnant (actor)

If you have a whole lot of sims this takes a lot of typing. I recommend throwing a party and inviting people, so that you can click on them to get the flag menu (if you don't want to do as much typing).

In my large town, I didn't feel like flagging everyone, so I have m/m only as automatic. For f/f relationships I'll step in and micromanage. For m/m it's a bit easier:

Set male pregnancy to true (so men can marry)
    Leave insiminators as M (so women can't get men or women pregnant)

Now you just have to flag the men you want to be opposite sex or same sex, or leave it alone to let the game randomly decide.

Oh yeah, that's a good way to handle it. You can definitely do that with the flags. It's really the best way to handle something like that right now. Good thinking! :)
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    > @Bloudwed said:
    > OK, think I messed up my settings somewhere... When I got back from my vacation I decided to purge all my single sims out of the luxury of having their own home. So I got now a lot of empty homes. But problem is, noone seems to want to move into them? What do I need to change to get couples to move into my empty houses again?
    >
    > And btw, is there anywhere inside this mod an option to do specific searches? Say, I want to find everyone within the tech-guru career?
    There are no searches like that currently in the game. You can do a "get_pop" at the command-line and it'll give you some summary information like how many married/pregnant/aliens you have in your world, but nothing at the career level.

Ok, several things about move-ins. First of all, they only happen once a week. Saturdays at Midnight. If you haven't waited until that time, then you haven't given them a chance to move-in yet.

Second thing, when Saturday night comes and goes, if you have no move-ins, you should check the mc_cmd_center.log file. It will tell you if you have invalid lots that are marked as "not-furnished" in-game. If you cursor over a house in a neighborhood and it doesn't show a "bedroom/bathroom" counter on it, then it isn't marked as furnished so that lot will be ignored. It will also be reported in the log file when population runs the move-in process as being not furnished.

Third thing, what is your Open Houses set to? If it is low, no problem. If it is high, then if you don't have more empty houses than that number available, no move-ins will happen.

Thanks!
    ¨Thank you! Thought move-in occured much more often! Saturday had just not come yet thats all....
    AMB.jpg
  • Options

Ok, a fix for the invisible aliens is posted. I put updated versions of MC Command Center (grab the Script and Package file) and MC Cleaner. MC Cleaner fixes the problem going forward. The MC Command Center patch gives us a new console command to fix the problem if you have it on any of the Sims in your current world. If you have the red "X" or invisible aliens, you can run "alien_fix" on the console. It takes between 15 and 30 seconds to finish running and will tell you the number of Sims changed when it is done.

Please NOTE: Any clothes previously being worn by the Alien will be reset to their alien uniforms. Their disguises will be unaffected. This will affect ALL Alien Sims in your game. Some may change colors or things like that if they weren't messed-up previously.

Thanks to Denim and Thraxis for the Save files to look into this issue and come-up with a console command to fix it!

Please let me know if there are any other related issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top