Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does the Gallery do for you?

Hey modding friends - I wanted to get some feedback and comments from you about how the gallery matters to you and your Mods & CC. Now that it's available through more than just the game (web gallery for example) do you find you link to it more? Is it helping you share your CC or Mods? Do you wish you had other features or capabilities? Is there something different you'd like the gallery to be doing for you? I've been really excited to see how people are using the gallery in general but you, as modders & CC users, might be looking for some other features or elements that wouldn't come up in the general conversations or threads. Thanks!

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I don't use CC (so far), but I've seen a lot of people saying that they can't see their own items that have CC in their own Library if they're playing offline - it only shows up in their Library if they have the Gallery online with showing CC ticked. Maybe the Library could be disconnected from that setting? I'd want that for sure, as I usually have the Gallery offline.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I like to be off-line but found I must get on-line to find my sims and lots with CC in them. That can be a bother because of switching on and off the internet, lots of times it fails and I have to waste another few minutes to retry the connection.

What has happened with the lot categorization? It is not persistent and have to be reset by going in the lot, place the lot and if you set the lot's category, it's not set from manage world. You have to go back in and set it again. Can be a bother if you are setting up a new world, the constant going in and out is lots of wasted time.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    I would love to see it be a, "one stop shop" for all of our cc needs! Perhaps with the ability to add our own pictures? Sometimes the way we advertise an item (in-game of course, not PS) helps determine the download. I create mostly on simblr. I would love to create for the gallery. Plus, I need to get my member status up in this forum anyway. ♥
    tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png

• SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    Thanks for commenting! I think the point about finding your OWN items is super important. That's something we have talked about here too. I think being able to add your own pictures is interesting (though riskier to manage in some ways)
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    Items that contain CC do not show up anymore on the gallery since the latest patch. I would like items with CC to still be able to show up on the gallery so people can download those items. Maybe items with CC can automatically show the link to the download site, so simmers can download them into the game if they like that CC. That way if people who upload their creations to the gallery won't have to remember where they got their CC from. Maybe even include the CC in the downloads on the gallery like how it was possible in TS2.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2015
    I always have to have my gallery offline, because whenever I try to connect it freezes my game unless my tray folder is empty. So having my items with CC show up when offline would be amazingly helpful.

I will admit, having the gallery on the website lets me link to things much easier now! Love that addition!
    Post edited by BlindxSecrets on
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • SimGuruLyndsaySimGuruLyndsay Posts: 339 SimGuru
    SimSwim2 - there is a checkbox in Advanced Settings in the gallery to allow you to still see CC creations. BlindxSecrets - glad you like the website!
  • ZvitatzkiZvitatzki Posts: 27 Member
    but it still make no sense to present our sim in beatiful clothes skin and body when other can do nothing not even use it via the community since the galery does not transfer our used CC

this must change if we can share our creation the downloader shall receive the used CC too
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    Hi @SimGuruLyndsay, I agree with @Zvitatzki. What could also help if there is a choice to download with cc or no cc. Then everyone can choose what they prefer. I love to build and I use quite a bit of cc, the list is quite long, and because of that nobody is downloading my builds. I do try and list every cc I use but it is so time consuming to get all that cc before hand. If the gallery can transfer good cc with the creations and block bad cc everybody can gain from that. :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Usually I use it for lots and houses. It feels like a limited version of the modthesims site to me. It would be fun to share stories on it. I just wish there was a better system set up to monitor the mature content on it. It's gross seeing children pregnant on it. There needs to be be a section to show what CCs and mods were used in the household, then have a blacklist set up for certain words that appear in that description so that those mods and CCs aren't allowed in the Gallery. Generally I like the Gallery. I just hate how much it is tied to Origin.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • IHasGamerIHasGamer Posts: 61 Member
    I only use homes,bases for avis,and kids
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/lJTRIa1IVH7gc" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/kill-sims-lJTRIa1IVH7gc">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • CdCameronCdCameron Posts: 53 Member
    I haven't got any mods yet because modthesims is offline right now but I will when it comes online again :)
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I like that i can create my characters and add them to the gallery, but it is so time consuming when we have to add in all the places we went to , to get the mods /CC , what upsets me more, is the fact that some people tell you they want the exact address of where it came from, but we cant always do that, cause some sites you have to look yourself, and not be lazy bout it, My point is If all the CC that we use could some how be in the gallery, or in part of the game, that would be a lot better and safer for us who do like to use CC.
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    I use CC on a few lots but almost all the lots I shared on the gallery are CC free, whats really bugging me is that the gallery marks my free CC lots as moded. Pls help get this fixed

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• DreamsUnleashedDreamsUnleashed Posts: 76 Member
    I can never get houses from places like the sims resource to work, so the gallery is great because I'm not exactly the best house builder.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I really do think it would be helpful if simple re-colours of objects could be transferred through the gallery without having to provide a link to an outside source for the content. Bearing in mind the limited colour options within the game (no colour wheel or CASt) and knowing how often re-coloured objects were shared on the Sims 3 Exchange, it would improve the game so much more if re-coloured objects could be uploaded and downloaded by players. Re-coloured custom content isn't quite the same as game changing mods but seem to be categorized as such on the gallery.
  • lilithsliliths Posts: 7 New Member
    Can someone please help me. Recently people have been sharing their creations and when I click to view it, it doesn't show the normal photos of the front, then the floors etc. People have been using custom photos of each room and adding their username onto the pictures and things like that. Is that a mod? I really want to do it but I can't find any mods for it.
  • GrendaliskingGrendalisking Posts: 11 New Member
    The peasants are revolting!!! I know, and they smell, but they are peasants.
    Old joke based on the Peasants revolution in England.
    But in case you have missed it, your players are talking much the same, and there is even talk, but very quietly, about boycotting all EA products. How would your shareholders feel about the loss of profits, but this is just a theoretical question, as I know the answer.

Your problem is two-fold. One is the copyright issue which most call stealing, but it is really copyright and loosely identity theft, where one puts on a sim or build and another takes this and re-uploads this creation as their own work. While I do not care about downloads nor about rec’s, most on the sims games judge themselves by both counts, and this re-upload takes their downloads away when the other gets downloaded. You really need to get a handle on this, as it has been going on for far too long.
    The other thing is poses and images now being classed as CC. And yet you maxis favourite CC sims. This is a little hypocritical of you methinks, and it has caused a hornets nest which may or may not pass. Yes I have used the poses and the Sims 4 Tray to change the pictures, but just so I know how it works. If you do not want CC then ban all CC, no sims nor rooms nor builds with CC at all, or you accept it. Personally I would ban all CC, but I do not use any anyway. Further to this having my work now classed as CC when I do not use any CC at all is all but slander. But the call has now begun for you to make a “Legal” image changer for everyone, as you made the clothes changer in 2 and pattern maker in 3. Let us face it, some of the pictures are so abysmal on some of the plots that you need to change the pictures so people can see the build.
    Yes I know what you are going to say, the pattern maker was abused with images including 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and race hate, and yes the tray has the ability to also be abused with any image being used instead. And if this is the case you really need to inform everyone in the forums and on the news why you do not
    Want to have an image changer. This will stop the whining before it starts.
    But if you do create a image changer then you need to have a really detailed, very basic step by step guide on how to use it, with a massive warning that any abuses of the changer will result in a ban from all EA sites and the licences will be revoked, so they will have to re-buy all and any EA games which they would like to play.
    Yes some of the current poses are just wrong for the pegi 12 rating, while others are just no. So maybe another “legal” pose maker, this will completely level the playing field, if you then ban all 3rd party CC, making it so that the item can not be up-loaded at all. Again with a detailed step by step instruction, and knowing some on the sims site, very detailed basic step by step.
    And yes more than once I have said about boycotting all EA products, and not buying anything from you, but this time it was not started by me, but more than likely what I have said in the past has stuck with some.
    > @liliths said:
    > Can someone please help me. Recently people have been sharing their creations and when I click to view it, it doesn't show the normal photos of the front, then the floors etc. People have been using custom photos of each room and adding their username onto the pictures and things like that. Is that a mod? I really want to do it but I can't find any mods for it.

Your items will now be classed as CC, and while it is not CC but there are a few around like svlyn2 and luckyheather or possibly me but again I will say this. Your stuff will be classed as CC. but download GIMP2.8 as a start and then find the sims 4 tray inporter online, sorry I can not post the link.
    Download the translation first and then read the step by step. If you need further help svlyn2 or luckyheather or me in origin (when I am online).
    I hope this helps, and have fun, and play with it.
    So EA, let me get this straight, you are telling us that we HAVE to keep paying for packs even though you have taken most of the creative ability out of 4 so that, in three years time, you MAY give us sims 5. Have I missed anything? So we, the paying public, do not matter, but your sales and the bottom line does matter, and of course your shareholders. Maybe THQ or someone else may make a game which gives us the ceative ability and the social on-line interactions on Forums. Well for one let me wish you luck as I will not buy anything from EA until something is done to either get 4 where it needs to be or you will release 5. As for others? That is their business.
  • vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    Hey modding friends - I wanted to get some feedback and comments from you about how the gallery matters to you and your Mods & CC. Now that it's available through more than just the game (web gallery for example) do you find you link to it more? Is it helping you share your CC or Mods? Do you wish you had other features or capabilities? Is there something different you'd like the gallery to be doing for you? I've been really excited to see how people are using the gallery in general but you, as modders & CC users, might be looking for some other features or elements that wouldn't come up in the general conversations or threads. Thanks!

I like to view the gallery in web browser rather than in game as some days I just want to look for something rather than play and it's not worth loading the game up. BUT you have no option to view custom content in the web browser version of the gallery, there's no CC check box like the in game gallery. I can't view my own CC sims in this way or other sims that might have CC. I would really like an option to view CC in the web browser.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • Sandyarmpits12Sandyarmpits12 Posts: 4 New Member
    Honestly it'd be really nice if we had more space to type out descriptions for our sim families.
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    i wish there was a way to get included content in the gallery. the one thing i hated the most in the sims 3 exchange is sims never looked like what the photo showed in the exchange, so i pretty much didnt use the exchange for exactly that reason. and now with sims 4 the problem continues and is now enhanced with sims that include items from expansion packs or other that you dont own. there should be a way to just find sims that include items that you own. i would love to get needed cc from gallery, but atleast there is an option to turn off cc in search. not everyone can afford to buy a new EP /SP/ GP everytime they want to add a new sim to their game. so it makes gallery search quite tedious. if i click GTW, GT, DO, etc i should just see sims that need those packs not see sims that also need Backyard stuff or Romantic garden, etc just cause the sims also include the EP / SP / GP that we are looking for . we should be able to find what we search for, or atleast get an option to turn off suggested sims that also include other content. its annoying.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    The gallery is great. I love that it doesn't include CC. There is so many ways to play the sims and every one plays differently. In TS3 CC being included ruined the gallery. So much stuff broke my game because I didn't use the same exact mods/content as the uploader. I'd download a sim and next thing I know everyone is showering in a shirt or boots, or their torso is separated from their legs, or bodies turn black or toddlers became long limbed twisted monsters... I don't want that again.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    well, mine's been doing this thing where, after I click on a lot or sim and import them, or save a lot or sim, I can't click to open anything else in the gallery, or save to gallery. after I repair my game, it starts working again for like a day or so, and then goes back to not working.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png