Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge!! - updated 24th May

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I agree with @anettesb For example, if the two toddlers are neglected, adopt them. Or the quads... If none, go on vacation until you have more room.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • ashie06ashie06 Posts: 6 New Member
    Love your story ! :)
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    start only adding necklected children (picked up to late with no word from the parents, allways comming in starwing and dirty) or take a vacation until you have room in the house again
    I agree with @anettesb For example, if the two toddlers are neglected, adopt them. Or the quads... If none, go on vacation until you have more room.

Most of the kids who arrived in the second week were starving when they arrived, including the pair from the quads :) I think that's part of the thing - make the day care worker work right from the start! But I have decided that Letizia will be having a 'vacation' (in other words, quitting for a while) until some of the oldest kids leave. Before she does that though, I think I'll age the quads up so that they're not an option, then add @princess2109's Atlas sim (plus a twin) as a toddler into the neighbourhood and as there's no other toddlers (but quite a few babies), they should be sent to the house. Then that will take the number of kids adopted to 16 and Letizia can take a rest for a few weeks until we get the oldest ones out of the house :)

One future problem I see is that some of the current residents of the orphanage are going to marry and have kids of their own, and I don't want to pinch those kids. So at some point, they may have to move towns, or I may have to cheat a little so that the only toddlers are ones who don't belong to those sims. But I'll worry about that later!!
    ashie06 wrote: »
    Love your story ! :)

Thank you very much! Things are starting to get hectic in the house :) I hope you continue to enjoy it!

The next entry should be up tomorrow :)
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    start only adding necklected children (picked up to late with no word from the parents, allways comming in starwing and dirty) or take a vacation until you have room in the house again

Most of the kids who arrived in the second week were starving when they arrived, including the pair from the quads :) I think that's part of the thing - make the day care worker work right from the start! But I have decided that Letizia will be having a 'vacation' (in other words, quitting for a while) until some of the oldest kids leave. Before she does that though, I think I'll age the quads up so that they're not an option, then add @princess2109's Atlas sim (plus a twin) as a toddler into the neighbourhood and as there's no other toddlers (but quite a few babies), they should be sent to the house. Then that will take the number of kids adopted to 16 and Letizia can take a rest for a few weeks until we get the oldest ones out of the house :)

One future problem I see is that some of the current residents of the orphanage are going to marry and have kids of their own, and I don't want to pinch those kids. So at some point, they may have to move towns, or I may have to cheat a little so that the only toddlers are ones who don't belong to those sims. But I'll worry about that later!!

you can call in and take days of... then you don't have to start the profesion over, and will later get the bonus things/actions
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • ashie06ashie06 Posts: 6 New Member
    Can't wait ! I would go nuts trying to control that many sims

you can call in and take days of... then you don't have to start the profesion over, and will later get the bonus things/actions

I can? I didn't know that (I'm going to have to investigate that further...). It probably doesn't matter whether I start again though because since the toddlers are adopted at the start of the day, they're no longer counted towards Letizia advancing in her career. To get her to go up a level, I would either have to actually make her be a proper day care worker or cheat through MC :)

It takes a lot of practise but I've played big households before (although this is going to end up the largest!). It's a matter of getting them into a routine. Work out what time they need to go to bed, do the bathroom needs at night before going to sleep, doing their homework straight away when they get home, that sort of thing. I have worked out that they may need more bathrooms though...

I can? I didn't know that (I'm going to have to investigate that further...). It probably doesn't matter whether I start again though because since the toddlers are adopted at the start of the day, they're no longer counted towards Letizia advancing in her career. To get her to go up a level, I would either have to actually make her be a proper day care worker or cheat through MC :)

I would make sure you do advance if I was you
    so you get the car and the interactions.... even if that = don't adopt for some time
    it could be like thoses speacial centers where kids isn't 100% of the time but only some time and the state helps the family try to be a family... atleast we ahve thoses in Denmark.

but yes you take vacation days (up to 4 I think) on the phone
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳

It takes a lot of practise but I've played big households before (although this is going to end up the largest!). It's a matter of getting them into a routine. Work out what time they need to go to bed, do the bathroom needs at night before going to sleep, doing their homework straight away when they get home, that sort of thing. I have worked out that they may need more bathrooms though...

all in ones maybe
    One of the best ways I found to make sure sims don't have kids is to either change their traits to give them the "dislikes children" trait or the "commitment issues" trait. They never have kids, don't get married... But they aren't a detriment to society! Or, you could have some same-sex marriages before you move them out. Then the only way for them to have kids is for them to adopt, and I don't know if NPCs ever adopt sims... Hm, that'd be something to look into...
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • SupergirldaynaSupergirldayna Posts: 13 New Member
    Can you upload the house you use to thesims3 so that I can download it! Its awesome I would LOVE to start a legacy in that house
    edited July 2015
    Entry #4:

Hello journal, long time no write! With five children and four toddlers in the house, Liam and I are run off our feet!

Since the kids were older enough, Liam decided to take the older children to the local fair while I stayed home with the toddlers. My pregnancy was making itself known too, so to be honest, I was glad not to have to go because I wouldn’t be able to participate in everything. The girls were most interested in skating while the boys (and I include Liam in that!) entered the eating contest. But they all tried heaps of different activities.
    Screenshot-381_zpszaq1cp9g.jpg

Screenshot-382_zpsdifrkbyr.jpg

Screenshot-384_zpsnfryjypc.jpg

Screenshot-380_zpsd4wddbqk.jpg

Screenshot-383_zpsxehwgt0s.jpg

Our day-to-day business is pretty ordinary, so I’ll just skip to the next set of birthdays. London shows every sign of being workaholic now, while Paris is going to excel at music; even his music on the xylophone was tuneful. They have beautiful curly hair too, which sets them apart from everyone else.
    Screenshot-385_zpsn48hc6zi.jpg

Screenshot-386_zpsqf6w46nk.jpg

Both of them decided to take up painting as they tend to do a lot of things together. They even paint the same things!
    Screenshot-388_zpsakeur7xn.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention - our couch potatoes, Jude and Arthur, love writing, and I frequently find them on the computer writing little stories and such. If they’re not there, they’re in front of the television, often with some of the others.
    Screenshot-387_zps4mthk45e.jpg

And something tells me Rosie will grow up to be a little diva :)
    Screenshot-396_zpsbw9nblom.jpg

Sorry, had to halt there for a while - having babies can really disrupt normal routines!! Yesterday, I gave birth to beautiful twin baby girls! They are both a healthy weight and look virtually identical. Telling them apart could be difficult as they both have my red hair! Their eyes are both blue at the moment, as all babies’ are, so we’ll have to hope they change into something different :)

Liam and I had long conversations about what we should name our children and we decided on virtues. So meet Hope (with me) and Faith (with Liam).
    Screenshot-390_zpsqd4aljmk.jpg

Screenshot-391_zpsyg6t2lw1.jpg

The names embody what we try and teach the children at the orphanage: that they need to have hope about the future and faith that they will achieve what they set out to do.

I’ll leave it there for now. Something tells me that our babies are not going to be co-operative and sleep through the night so I may be sleep-deprived for a lot of months :)

As I predicted, the girls don’t like sleeping through the night! They’ll soon be getting out of that baby stage so hopefully, Liam and I will be getting some more sleep soon. But I would be neglectful if I didn’t mention Josiah and Rosie’s birthday! The last of our current toddlers to grow into children; I’m so proud!

Josiah has developed into such a friendly boy.
    Screenshot-392_zpsrxueeobb.jpg

Rosie seems to have been listening to some interesting conversations and developed a habit of telling us when we’re wasting money or food!
    Screenshot-393_zpsyfunzt10.jpg

This is Riana Gardener, who seems to be a heavy sleeper (a good trait if there’s heaps of girls in her bedroom), lucky and a perfectionist. Her favourite colour also seems to be orange. She immediately took an interest in writing, so it’s just as well we invested in several computers all those years ago!
    Screenshot-395_zpsfiyq4poo.jpg

Screenshot-398_zpspdm7xn33.jpg

Well, I can hear my girls’ wanting attention so I’d better go! See you all soon!

~~~~
    (To avoid more glitches, I saved Riana to the bin in Edit in CAS, then went into Edit Town and saved her - plus a random adult - to a household. Then I added Riana into the household and put the adult elsewhere in the town. I also changed Riana’s name because the original turned up in school that day!).

(Not a major glitch, but I’m sure sticking your head through a television isn’t good for you!)
    Screenshot-394_zpsc1tjsqsl.jpg
    Can you upload the house you use to thesims3 so that I can download it! Its awesome I would LOVE to start a legacy in that house

I don't know if I can upload it to the sims3 site because I have waaaay too many pics on there and I don't want to delete them (as they're in posts in the forums). But I'm investigating how to upload it somewhere else like Mediafire or something so that people can use it. I don't know if it will work if you don't have Olympian Physique so if you don't have it, you might have to get it! I'll post the link, when I get it done, on the first post and let you know :)

I would make sure you do advance if I was you
    so you get the car and the interactions.... even if that = don't adopt for some time
    it could be like thoses speacial centers where kids isn't 100% of the time but only some time and the state helps the family try to be a family... atleast we ahve thoses in Denmark.

but yes you take vacation days (up to 4 I think) on the phone

I've been thinking about whether to do that but I'm not really wanting to explore the day care career in this challenge. In my legacy game, which I'm currently taking a break from to do this, my next generation heir is going to be a day care worker and I'll do the career properly :) But there may be days when they just look after the kids for a day.

all in ones maybe

I thought about that and decided it wouldn't be realistic. But then again, this is the sims and nothing is realistic :) So I probably will put them in at some point!
    One of the best ways I found to make sure sims don't have kids is to either change their traits to give them the "dislikes children" trait or the "commitment issues" trait. They never have kids, don't get married... But they aren't a detriment to society! Or, you could have some same-sex marriages before you move them out. Then the only way for them to have kids is for them to adopt, and I don't know if NPCs ever adopt sims... Hm, that'd be something to look into...

Often, in my game, it depends on the whims of the mods :) In my legacy game, the second generation grew up without any babies being born in the town without my assistance because something went wrong with SP and no-one would get married! But I'll take your advice into account because I certainly don't want too many babies in the town and run into lagging problems that way.

My same sex couples can have babies, so that method won't work :) I don't know if NPC's can adopt; I'd be interested in knowing the answer to that if you ever find out!
    maybe cheat your selft to level 5? so you get the things/actions and then vacation (the story telling and car would be perfect for you)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I love Tessa's hair. Where did that come from?

I don't know if I can upload it to the sims3 site because I have waaaay too many pics on there and I don't want to delete them (as they're in posts in the forums). But I'm investigating how to upload it somewhere else like Mediafire or something so that people can use it. I don't know if it will work if you don't have Olympian Physique so if you don't have it, you might have to get it! I'll post the link, when I get it done, on the first post and let you know :)
    I would see if you could upload it to TSR. Also, I haven't figured out if NPC's can adopt sims yet... I honestly don't believe they can...
    maybe cheat your selft to level 5? so you get the things/actions and then vacation (the story telling and car would be perfect for you)

That's not a bad idea; I would actually need the story telling because I would be getting so many toddlers to look after but only keeping one or two a day!
    ciane wrote: »

I'm not exactly sure. I'm trying to find it again but I haven't got a thumbnail with a name to help me, and I'm terrible at keeping records! But I'm trying to track it down for you. All I can say for certain at the moment is that it isn't a Cazy or SkySims hairstyle.

I would see if you could upload it to TSR. Also, I haven't figured out if NPC's can adopt sims yet... I honestly don't believe they can...

TSR - that's another option, yes. I hadn't thought about that :) I'll have to look into that as well and see what needs to be done.
    Entry #5:

On the day of my baby girls’ birthday, I discovered I was pregnant again. So much for waiting! But it will be nice to have a little brother or sister for them that won’t be too much younger in age. Liam wants a little boy but we’ll have to wait and see!
    Screenshot-400_zpsg7vgur71.jpg

Anyway, my babies had their birthday, though I think Liam and I were more excited than they were :) Hope is showing signs of being perceptive and a genius, always taking an interest in everything around her. She looks just like me too with her colouring but time will tell whether any of her facial features look like Liam.
    Screenshot-399_zpsu9vem1cy.jpg

Faith seems to be just as smart, but she’s a light sleeper and always wakes when Hope starts crying. And I’ll be able to tell her apart from Hope because Faith inherited Liam’s purple eyes! They really stand out framed by her red hair.
    Screenshot-401_zpstzrvs7lo.jpg

Besides doing well at school, Evelyn is doing really well with her potions. She claims to have discovered something that will turn any imaginary friends real but I think I’ll believe that when I see it!

I try not to encourage the kids to spend too much time in front of the television, so one night I found them all playing with the block tables. It’s good to see them getting along so well!
    Screenshot-402_zps1r7wd7wi.jpg

It was easy to teach the twins their skills; it must be the genius in them :)
    Screenshot-405_zpshcuk0jbs.jpg

Screenshot-403_zpsq8pxspop.jpg

Totally random but I found this raccoon sleeping near the mailbox one night. It’s so cute! But I hope it doesn’t dig through our trash or invite its friends to come over!
    Screenshot-406_zps7yky9ftm.jpg

As she got older, Evelyn lost interest in making potions and decided she wanted to learn to fish! So here she is at the little alcove behind our house. Just so long as she doesn’t want me to cook anything she catches, I’ll be happy with this new hobby!
    Screenshot-407_zpsqjdtx23m.jpg

And here are my budding artists. London is particularly good and I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes a career out of this.
    Screenshot-409_zpscmijichy.jpg

Screenshot-411_zpsqd9hohv0.jpg

The content of Rosie’s paintings are a bit of a worry though. There’s no such thing as aliens so I don’t know where she’s getting her ideas from!
    Screenshot-412_zpsmcvtt3hj.jpg

Minzi, Tessa and Rosie have all taken an interest in aerobics and swimming.
    Screenshot-413_zpsmmt4sg4g.jpg

Unlike all the toddlers before them, my girls are early to bed and early to rise - 2am!! Fortunately, Liam is good at getting up at night :)

It wasn’t too long before we welcomed our new arrival! Labour pains started at 4am but that doesn’t excuse Liam for freaking out so much!
    Screenshot-414_zpsmucdb6j0.jpg

Justice was a surprise, with his father’s yellow skin, and yellow hair that Liam tells me belongs to his mother. He looks very much like a berry sim and it will be interesting to see what colour his eyes turn out to be.
    Screenshot-415_zpsybfyjwul.jpg

Screenshot-418_zpslkm6yu9f.jpg

I should explain about berry sims for those not in the know. They are sims who are very colourful, often one colour only but they can be mixed as well. Liam is a mixed berry sim, with his father being purple and his mother yellow. I am a banilla sim - someone who is only half berry. My grandfather was purple with red hair and eyes, and my mother inherited all but the eyes. My father was a vanilla sim - someone with no colourful features - and I inherited his skin but my mother’s hair and my grandfather’s eyes. My girls are like me, being only half berry.

Around this time, we decided we had enough money to buy a hot tub. This should definitely relax those sore muscles after a day of looking after the children!
    Screenshot-419_zps9vdacsoz.jpg

And I’ll finish this entry with news about Evelyn’s ballet recital. All the girls do ballet and the boys scouting; yes, I know, very stereotypical but at the moment, it’s easier on us to know who is where! She didn’t have the lead role but she danced very well anyway!
    Screenshot-417_zpsoivm3gf0.jpg

(The game glitched again during this entry. All the kids ended up with A’s after only a day or two at school, and Evelyn wasn’t getting any homework. So I’m ignoring all that and will just make a good guess as to when they would normally get on the honour roll.

I also used risky woohoo when Liam wished for another child. Who would guess that it would actually work??? And they're still woohooing in the day time if I'm not careful!!! Fortunately they can't autonomously try for a baby because the household is too big :)).

Screenshot-404_zpsw5g7dm1q.jpg
    @MayaRose1138 Awesome! Welcome little Justice! Can't wait for more! :3
  • DaynaGailDaynaGail Posts: 60 Member
    i hope little Justice has his daddys hair!!!
    qa2jelcs80ft.jpg
    @MayaRose1138 Awesome! Welcome little Justice! Can't wait for more! :3

Thank you! I've got a fair amount played, so the updates should be fairly frequent :).
    DaynaGail wrote: »
    i hope little Justice has his daddys hair!!!

I want one of their kids to have his hair too :). If Justice doesn't have it, they'll have to have another kid!!
    ciane wrote: »

Found it! Newsea's Uproar, with the retexture done by Fanaskher. Gee, that was hard to find!! I stumbled across it while looking at various hair sites!! I tend to get the retextured hairs because they cope a little better (most of the time) with multi-coloured hair.
    Link: http://fanaskher.tumblr.com/post/91582142262/newsea-uproar-retextured-all-ages-a-cute

If you want the original, you would just be able to search for it :)
    edited August 2015
    Entry #6

Have I got an exciting update for you!! Well, I hope it’s exciting anyway! It’s full of festivals and birthdays… I suppose I’d better show you :)

Firstly, my twins aged into children! They’re growing up so quickly; it seems like only days ago they were born. Both girls are still very similar and like dressing the same way too.

Hope has become somewhat of a snob, only wanting to dress in certain clothes.
    Screenshot-421_zpsswd0jpi9.jpg

While Faith, though copying her sister, is much more social and loves attending parties. I hope she doesn’t become too much of a party animal when she’s a teen!
    Screenshot-422_zpsiult8yit.jpg

I should mention that all the kids like swimming. It's just as well that we have a swimming pool!
    Screenshot-420_zpsttndjtnk.jpg

When the Festival was in town, I took some of the younger children to it while Liam took the others to a pool party. I lost the eating contest I entered but Rosie won hers; she’s such a small thing, I couldn’t believe she could eat so fast!
    Screenshot-425_zps6yf2pklx.jpg

Screenshot-427_zpszsus45mw.jpg

My girls liked roller skating, as did London and Paris.
    Screenshot-423_zpsooae92is.jpg

Riana ate a few snow cones while Josiah preferred to dance.
    Screenshot-424_zpsatobu0wc.jpg

Rosie also liked practising her soccer skills so I decided that we would get one for home.
    Screenshot-426_zps7mrhcfc4.jpg

Screenshot-431_zpsxjbpys34.jpg

The pool party was at Sebastian Vanderburg’s house; it’s very impressive! Tessa and Minzi preferred to chat outdoors while Jude and Arthur apparently spent most of the party inside watching television :)
    Screenshot-428_zpstalqabsi.jpg

Screenshot-429_zpsviwdg5qz.jpg

Screenshot-430_zpszomssntc.jpg

It’s hardly any time at all before Justice became a toddler. He has Liam’s eyes, same as Faith! Liam is very pleased that his son is so much like him, even if they don’t have the same coloured hair.
    Screenshot-432_zpsk8dys6py.jpg

He learns his skills pretty quickly, although he is a bit clumsy so walking took a while :) And he is a light sleeper too, so it’s just as well there’s no other toddlers or babies in the house at the moment.
    Screenshot-437_zps1lyrpfsa.jpg

Screenshot-438_zpsqzezlnic.jpg

Screenshot-435_zps0ijowrmo.jpg

Screenshot-439_zpsqejc4nlg.jpg

Hope decided that she wanted to learn to paint while Faith applies her genius to discovering potions.
    Screenshot-433_zps5z6m46fh.jpg

Screenshot-434_zpsdcqrg1vs.jpg

The block table is still very popular too.
    Screenshot-436_zpshunra1vx.jpg

Rosie’s art work is still very disturbing though. Really, what is she thinking?
    Screenshot-440_zpsphhqis2b.jpg

And I’ll end with Evelyn’s teenage birthday, the first of the children here to celebrate it. She decided that plaits were too childish and has started curling her hair. Also, she has taken an interest in horse riding, so I guess she’ll be visiting the equestrian centre a lot since we have no room for a horse :)
    Screenshot-441_zps07m4lx4t.jpg

Screenshot-442_zpshizvkmle.jpg

(I already have Hope’s career planned! She’s a genius snob who is also a perfectionist - she’s going to be a female Sherlock Holmes! Now if she plays the violin when she’s a teen, it will be perfect :)

Tessa mastered painting in this chapter, and Minzi mastered logic. And Evelyn decided she wanted to master three skills, so she’ll skill up in Riding and then hopefully make it to level 10 in Fishing too).

Post edited by MayaRose1138 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top