Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant Make Friends/Stuck As Impartial/Acquaintance Bug - READ FIRST POST

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > SimGuruJanitor wrote: »
    >
    > Hey Folks,
    >
    > This morning we released an update that should address this issue. Please check it out.
    >
    > Thanks for all your feedback!
    >
    >
    >
    > thank you!
    >
    >
    > Can folks report back and confirm the patch fix resolves the issue. I wont have a chance until tomorrow night.
    >
    > for Patching: Please remember to remove your whole mods folder before updating and test. And as always if after testing a game you run into issues after putting back mods, test your mods

Unfortunately, it seems it didn't fix the issue for me. When I loaded my household, all the "bugged" relationships that used to show as "Impartial" are now showing as "Acquaintances". Even if I bring the relationship bar to 100% with friendly interactions, still remains "Acquaintances". I don't have any CC or Mod. I already tried exiting the game and do "Repair Game". Still didn't help. :/

Hello @bettybabysim. Try using a new household and see if the issues are still there. Also test to see if your sims can make and keep new friends without issues.
  • bettybabysimbettybabysim Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2015
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello bettybabysim. Try using a new household and see if the issues are still there. Also test to see if your sims can make and keep new friends without issues.

Hi @rosemow ! Yeah! I'm still gonna play around to figure it out. I only have 1 played household at the moment, but I will try to see if I can start a new relationship, go through a loading screen and bring the relationship to "Friends" status. That should put my game to the test. Thanks for the suggestions. :smile:

Update: So I had my Sim do a Friendly Introduction to a new Sim. Had my Sim travel to a park (loading screen) leaving the relationship at "Acquaintances" status. Then I had my Sim invite the new Sim to meet at the park and they ended up becoming friends. Somehow it seems that the issue is fixed, so that new relationships can't be corrupted. However, the ones that got corrupted before don't seem to get fixed with that patch.
    Post edited by bettybabysim on
  • SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    > @rosemow said:

> Hello Sarduchi .
    > This link says what the patch fixes
    >
    > I am glad your relationships issue has been fixed. :)

Thanks for the link, was checking the official patch list (which I am not allowed to link) which is not yet updated.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello bettybabysim. Try using a new household and see if the issues are still there. Also test to see if your sims can make and keep new friends without issues.

Hi @rosemow ! Yeah! I'm still gonna play around to figure it out. I only have 1 played household at the moment, but I will try to see if I can start a new relationship, go through a loading screen and bring the relationship to "Friends" status. That should put my game to the test. Thanks for the suggestions. :smile:

Update: So I had my Sim do a Friendly Introduction to a new Sim. Had my Sim travel to a park (loading screen) leaving the relationship at "Acquaintances" status. Then I had my Sim invite the new Sim to meet at the park and they ended up becoming friends. Somehow it seems that the issue is fixed, so that new relationships can't be corrupted. However, the ones that got corrupted before don't seem to get fixed with that patch.

Thanks for letting us know how the testing went in your game.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited July 2015
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    Weird, my origin stays offline.
    If that is actually true (and I'm not accusing you of lying, simply of perhaps being mistaken) then I would really like to know HOW you achieve that. The only way it would 'stay offline' is if I were to leave my computer turned on and leave Origin running the whole time as every time you exit Origin, it will start up in online mode the next time it runs. By all means, if I am in error, please explain because I would love to be able to keep it offline! I say that with the utmost sincerity.

AnnLee87 wrote: »
    To play without getting updates just take Origin out of startup before the update (windows startup) and go into airplane mode or turn off WiFi and play the game. You will not be able to browse the gallery but you can access your library while in the game. I was running one update behind thinking that they would fix the new bugs that were introduced but I guess they don't always fix them with the next patch. I am current on the patches now and they still have not fixed bugs/glitches that were introduced with the Dec. patch. I am thankful I do not have the impartial bug though. I did read about it. Anyway.... I think a very simple way around the problem would be to buy the quick friend trait. Your Sims gets friend status almost immediately.

I don't usually quote myself, but I'd already addressed that (disconnecting internet as an alternative):
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    I suppose if you completely disconnect your internet connection every time you run TS4 (or any Origin game) so that Origin cannot check for updates, yes, you could keep playing without an update, but if you have to totally disconnect your internet in order to do that, the 'automatic updates' setting really makes no difference at that point anyway.
    So yes, that works, but my point was that the 'automatic updates' and 'offline' settings of Origin itself are ineffective.

(And FWIW, not all of us play on a laptop via WIFI. My full-sized tower has no 'Airplane mode' and disconnecting the ethernet cable from the back of the tower under the desk is . . . awkward.)

Anyway, I'm sorry for the digression. The point is just that the whole 'avoid updating' concept as a workaround is not a very good one, and it is most definitely not something that you can do using the features of Origin, as some have suggested.

hi @Ayradyss sounds like its possible you still have origin on automatic updates, you turn off origin updates at the same location at origin as the game updates. open origin click on origin/application settings under general unclick updates options.

once origin's automatic updates are off when you log into origin you will receive the option to either update or set to offline thus preventing updating. i can confirm this is my set up and so i only update either origin or game on my schedule. you can also continue to access the gallery, you just need to do so in game.

and also having the computer offline before opening origin will prompt this option. HTH

You've just described how to avoid getting an -Origin- update (an update to the Origin program itself) perfectly. Unfortunately, the issue is not updating Origin, it's avoiding -game- updates (updates to the game run by Origin, like TS4). They're not the same -- they work differently.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Just a heads up that MC Command Center 1.0.10 is now up, and 2 things it addresses are relationship issues and culling... check it out!:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    Just a heads up that MC Command Center 1.0.10 is now up, and 2 things it addresses are relationship issues and culling... check it out!:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Thanks for the information! @egwarhammer :)
  • AntonovichAntonovich Posts: 7 New Member
    there was just a patch released today. patch 1.9.83.
    I just Google searched "Sims 4 patch 1.9.83 and 2 link came up. One was in another language, but there was another with English with instructions on downloading the patch. It's rather easy. If you still have the "impartial" issue after downloading the patch, go to Program Files--Sims 4--and then check what game version it shows. If it does not show 1.9.83 (mine still showed 1.9.80) then right click and delete it, load your game again and it should be all fixed. Fixed mine anyway. Didn't even have to delete my saved game to start a new one.
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    Relationship based Aspirations are STILL broken. I installed the update, loaded up my game, went to test it out to see if the aspirations i want to do would work. Nope.
    The game refuses to acknowledge the fact that my sim has more than 4 friends and that her parents are soulmates.
    So nothing has been fixed on my end.
    Sharee wrote: »
    Relationship based Aspirations are STILL broken. I installed the update, loaded up my game, went to test it out to see if the aspirations i want to do would work. Nope.
    The game refuses to acknowledge the fact that my sim has more than 4 friends and that her parents are soulmates.

Hello @Sharee. I am sorry that the patch hasn't helped to fix your aspirations issues. Perhaps you may like to add your experiences to this EA bug link thread about the romance aspiration.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Romance-Aspiration-Soulmate-quot-be-married-to-BFF-quot-will-not/td-p/3457911
    > @rosemow
    Thanks!
    I will look into it
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    Maybe the bug is stuck at your current game. Perhaps you should try creating a new game?

Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
    > @Skyfri_Himmel said:
    I would really like to avoid that.
    I've become quite invested in this family.
    Deleting them and having to start again with a new one would be rather heart breaking.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    > @Skyfri_Himmel said:
    I would really like to avoid that.
    I've become quite invested in this family.
    Deleting them and having to start again with a new one would be rather heart breaking.

Yeah, I'd be gutted if I lost my game.

It may be worth saving the household to your library, creating another save and then loading that household into it to see if the relationships are fixed. If that doesn't work, then the workaround I suggested above may do it for you.

It does require installing a couple of mods which is really easy to do. The mods themselves will not affect your game in any way and the procedure above simply resets the relationships and allows you to set it back.

Am happy to to provide some further instructions if you decide to give that a try.

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    I "think" the friendship thing is fixed but I am having the opposite problem in my current game. I am playing a sim that wants to be a Public Enemy. On day one he managed to make two sims dislike him but now on day two he cannot get a sim to dislike him and he seems to be stuck on Acquaintance so he cannot advance in his aspiration. Here is an illustration of my issue:

Enemies.jpg

Please note that no matter how many mean interactions he sends this sim's way including "Declaring Enemy" the other sim still does not dislike him and is stuck at Acquaintance.

I do not use mods or CC. I just recently (yesterday) repaired my game and reset it to factory settings. I updated to this new patch that is supposed to fix the friendship issue.

As for game play. My sim met this sim new and did not leave the location while working on the relationship.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
    Hello @Sincerbox.
    Is the issue happening with only the one sim? Perhaps test it out with another household and see if the same issue occurs. Also test it in another save game file.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2015
    updating post
    edited July 2015
    hi @bettybabysim can you try this and report back if you dont mind - see first post section what to do if stuck and see if the posted suggestions help or not with older relationships, thanks
    can you see if obtaining a new friend fixes the issue.

hey @Sincerbox can you review the suggestions in first post to see if you can get them unstuck thanks

@Skyfri_Himmel are your issues resolved if not can you update thanks
    hey @egwarhammer thanksfor the update can you confirm was this created before or after the recent patch?

ok @Ayradyss just want to confirm you have turned off automatic game updates. i do agree origin prefers to be online so often it doesnt remember i like having it off :D but i still never have my game update until i click on the icon and select update. some have reported a problem with origin, try reinstalling if you havent yet to see if that helps. but not everyone has this issue but also agree disabling internet on the computer before opening origin is also a good move if origin is misbehaving. you can easily turn it back on when get past launch.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited July 2015
    hey @egwarhammer thanksfor the update can you confirm was this created before or after the recent patch?

ok @Ayradyss just want to confirm you have turned off automatic game updates. i do agree origin prefers to be online so often it doesnt remember i like having it off :D but i still never have my game update until i click on the icon and select update. some have reported a problem with origin, try reinstalling if you havent yet to see if that helps. but not everyone has this issue but also agree disabling internet on the computer before opening origin is also a good move if origin is misbehaving. you can easily turn it back on when get past launch.

@ceejay402

Both, actually :D ... there WAS a (different) issue in the first upload of MC's 1.0.10 main module part, which about 30 people downloaded. Those people will want to go back and download again, the issue has now been fixed. And so far, since then, I haven't had any trouble with game/mod issues.

OT but relevant, Weerbesu's mods have also been updated post-patch.

edit: tagged ceejay.
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
  • fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Awww I just got a bad surprise. I started my game and was happy to see that the patch fixed the bug... and then after some time of game, a friend of my sim visited her. I didn't recognize her at first because her hairs were whites... WHAT? The update activated the aging system for the neighbours (not my family), which I remember having deactivated, waiting for the bug to be fixed. All my sim friends are now older and since I save often, I can't go back. Not really happy about that.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
    I wasn't aware of the aspirations part of it, Sharee. My aspiration is an athletic one, but I haven't been investing much into those goals up to this point. Sorry if I got your hopes up. Hopefully you'll get it solved. I know all these bugs can be frustrating but we are still in "the dawn of Sims 4" so to speak, so it should get better. At least they don't charge us for the patches. That would be pretty evil.
    fabeme wrote: »
    Awww I just got a bad surprise. I started my game and was happy to see that the patch fixed the bug... and then after some time of game, a friend of my sim visited her. I didn't recognize her at first because her hairs were whites... WHAT? The update activated the aging system for the neighbours (not my family), which I remember having deactivated, waiting for the bug to be fixed. All my sim friends are now older and since I save often, I can't go back. Not really happy about that.

Hello @fabeme. I am sorry to hear that the update caused your game options to reset. The patches do sometimes reset the settings. You may need to check that the other options in your game are how you would like them to be as well.
  • SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited July 2015
    @ceejay402
    hey @Sincerbox can you review the suggestions in first post to see if you can get them unstuck thanks

I had already done that for the friendship bug before the patch came out. My purpose for posting was not to find a helpful work around, but thank you. My purpose was to point out that there still appears to be issues at least in a negative direction since the most recent patch.

@rosemow - As I indicated to @ceejay402, my purpose for posting was largely to indicate that there still appears to be problems after the patch. I did not play with it long enough to discover what caused this particular situation but for the most part the friendship bug looks like it is fixed from my observations.

Origin ID: Barbara917