Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited July 2015
    > @Fennadev said:
    > I never use the names the game generates since I don't like having Dutch names. Some exceptions, named with a D behind it. I also got the three princesses of the Netherlands xD
    > Except for the ones I already got:
    > Here's my 48 names:
    > Gwendolyn, Georgie, Kate, Jane, Luke, Mercedes, Megan, Timothy, Rosanne(D), Dustin, Jayden, Daisy, Brandon, Fabienne(D), Theresa, Amalia(D), Alexia(D), Arianne(D),Sharon, Jessica, Joël, David, Lindsey, Johnny, Johann, Nick(D), Bart(D), Pieter(D), Simon(D), Simone(D), Lotte(D), Jean-Paul(got taken away), Jules-Pierre, Davy, Stacy, Selina(D)(second heir), Harry, Marco(D), James, Tobias(D),Thomas(D), Eric, Dedrick, Dylan, Joas(D), Boas(D), Chris, Olaf

I'm also from Holland, but I reinstalled The Sims after setting the Origin client to English, because I don't like having all the menus and names etc in Dutch. Partially because I like all my software in English and partially because tutorials are much easier to understand and follow if you don't have to go looking for what it's called in Dutch.
  • FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    My English/Dutch translation is perfect, since I already played sims like forever and watch other people their videos in English, I only don't know the flowers, but that's solved with Google translate.
    Yeah, I can translate pretty well too, but some times translations are so dumb that I wouldn't even suspect what to look for. The best example is Woohooing, which is called 'Jaa met ....' in Dutch (litterally Yess with ....). Ehmm, weird!! Nah, in translation part of the fun and spirit of words get lost. That's also why I always read books in English if thats what they're written in.
  • Miss_CiaraDunneMiss_CiaraDunne Posts: 148 New Member
    Just an update, my Matriarch has just had her seventh single child, a little girl called Cara. I bought the fertility treatment two babies ago and it hasn't me any twins or triplets. I feel like I'm going to be doing this challenge forever :(
    I've also noticed a strange pattern with my children, it seems to be a girl then a boy then a girl and so on... Anyone else have this happen?
    @Miss_CiaraDunne nope, I have only had boys since I started my second matriach, how full is your household when trying for baby? Because if you already have 7 in your household, you can only get 1 baby each time.
    edited July 2015
    No I don't recognize that pattern either. My Matriarch has 7 kids so far: Brian, Brenda, Bea, Benjamin, Bernard, Becky & Bas. I bought the fertility trait after Brenda, but both Bea en Benjamin are singletons too. Then came Bernard and Becky who are twins, and then singleton Bas. I also expected more twins and perhaps a triplet, but as my Matriarch is currently pregnant for the 7th time we'll see what happens!

BTW: My Matriarch has gained a lot of weight, I have had her jogging a lot but she is still 'round', what do you guys do to keep her in shape? (Well, technically round is a shape too, but you know what I mean....)
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
    @Fennadev - I seem to have broken the pattern as I just had another girl which makes it two girls in a row :)
    The most I've ever had in a household is three or four including my Matriarch so I don't think it has anything to do with my household being full. Also, a lot of other people have been saying that the fertility treatment hasn't been working for them either so maybe that's the problem.

@AlHollandiyah I've been hoping so much for twins or triplets on the last two pregnancies but no luck ! She is also currently pregnant so fingers crossed :) I've noticed my Matriarch has been piling on the weight too, I think the best way to slim them down is by having them use the treadmill for a few days. I think my Matriarch Georgie is going to be spending some time on it now :D
    edited July 2015
    Well funny you should mention, I currently have 1 free room downstairs (the other 2 are diningkitchen, creative, lounge) and I was planning to save up on some exercise stuff!

Edit: 1 more post and then I should be able to post pictures! Screenshots! #cantwait
    @AlHollandiyah Yeah building a gym room or buying a treadmill is the best way to go to get rid of the extra baby weight :)

I need some help. I've had four or five young adults move out of the house but one of my Matriarch's aspirations is to have a child get married. Can I play with one of her children just long enough to get them married? If I do this will my 100 baby challenge household continue to age up without me playing? :/
    edited July 2015
    You can set the game so that only the household that you are currently playing with ages up. Check the gameplay settings for that!

On the challenge: We had a baby girl, and the first random name I got was Bonnie. Bonnie is with a B, so Bonnie it is. That makes 8 kids with 7 pregnancies. Another singleton.
  • dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2015
    I name the kids taking their first letter from their father's name. So far...
    Geoffery->George
    Miguel->Marigold
    Eric -> Elizabeth, Elinor
    Franklin -> Fredrica, Frances
    The names are pretty much random, something that just pops to my head!
    Post edited by dsh on
    2w35aaa.jpg
  • klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member

I need some help. I've had four or five young adults move out of the house but one of my Matriarch's aspirations is to have a child get married. Can I play with one of her children just long enough to get them married? If I do this will my 100 baby challenge household continue to age up without me playing? :/

I usually find them a boyfriend or girlfriend when they age up to teens and when it is their birthday I invite the bf or gf over and age them up too. After that I just get the relationship up as fast as I can, propose and have a wedding! Then just move them both in a house. Hope that this helps.:)
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited July 2015
    > @Miss_CiaraDunne said:
    > I need some help. I've had four or five young adults move out of the house but one of my Matriarch's aspirations is to have a child get married. Can I play with one of her children just long enough to get them married? If I do this will my 100 baby challenge household continue to age up without me playing? :/

In the rules it stats you can play in your children's household, but you must turn aging off in your main house. Therefore, in the gameplay settings change the aging to be only active house (meaning the house your currently playing). My 1st and 2nd matriarch had big happy family for one of their aspirations (they had a few before they died), and I married off a couple of their children and on their honeymoons, I had them try for a baby, and with my 1st matriarch, both of her 1st and 2nd born sons ended up with twins, so they banged out that aspiration need right away. LOL

> @AlHollandiyah said:
    >BTW: My Matriarch has gained a lot of weight, I have had her jogging a lot but she is still 'round', what do you guys do to keep her in shape? (Well, technically round is a shape too, but you know what I mean....)

My 2nd matriarch was a bit on the chubby side when she first inherited making babies, but she also had the active trait (as did her mother, and as does her daughter, my 3rd matriarch), and she always sought out running on the treadmill. She ended up super thin by the time she was an elder. She continued to seek out exercising and never became weary from being an elder either. My 3rd matriarch was already on the thin side, and her desire to constantly workout isn't helping. lol One thing you could do to help in the exercising area is to giver her the gym rat trait. she will not lose hygiene and she will gain fun from working out, and if you have a tv near by, she can even learn new skills too. (cooking, comedy.. etc)
    I have been playing this challenge for a little while now. I am playing with my 3rd generation matriarch at this time. When it comes to naming the babies, I have been going with the 1st name the random generator comes up with (but for only a few times).

1st matriarch, Shanna, had 23 babies. Within those 23 she had pair of twins and a set of triplets. Their names were, in order of appearance; Johnny, Vincent, Jessie, Genesis, Everly, Madisyn, Caiden, Suzanna, Mindy, Ezra, Eden, Matteo, Jaclyn, Dante, Tevin, (Ellie, Vanessa), Finn, Evangeline, (Reece, Victoria, Esmerelda), and lastly Kyra who became matriarch #2.

Kyra had 22 babies. In those 22, she had 3 pairs of twins. Their names were, in order of appearance; Jaiden, Landen, (Porter, Patrick), Wesley, Trisha, Raphael, Darrius, Jordan, Dexter, Chase, Jaxon, (Jayla, Danica), Kent, (Chelsie, Clementine), Dillian, Sidney, Kayleigh, Raven, and lastly, Allyson, who is my current matriarch.

Allyson has had 7 babies. In those 7, she has had 2 sets of twins. Also must note that I have started changing the baby's last name to match their father. I have started doing this for a couple reasons, first, it helps me remember who their father is, and 2nd, this allows for my game to have different names out in my town once they move out. I also have decided when they move out, if their father is still alive, they move in with him. Their names are, in order of appearance; Julio-YA, Lex-YA, (Conrad-Child, Talon-Teen), (Lauryn-Child, Bruce-Child), and then Tony-Child. She is currently pregnant with baby #8. What I found funny about the OS Lex is I generated the traits for him before he was born, and his traits ended up being mean, romantic and neat with his aspiration being public enemy, and when he was born the first name that came up for him was Lex. Reminded me so much of Lex Luthor.

My observations:
    When I first started playing this challenge, I had never played with aging on, so this was a new experience for me to watch my sims age all the way to elder, and then die. I struggled with the 1st matriarch dying because I wanted to keep her around forever. I kept her urn in the office, but my sims kept autonomously mourning, which became quite an issue. I decided to install the mod to turn off that action. I created a mausoleum to keep her urn (and all the matriarchs that pass away). I also could not handle them leaving books everywhere so I installed the mod for them to autonomously put books away. Another thing that was bothersome was the teens not putting their homework back in their inventory, so I found the mod that has them autonomously put it back in inventory. IMO those mods don't really give an advantage in the game. Those are actions that I think the game should have already.

Also, SAVE often. There have been a few times that my game up and crashed and I had to redo a few hours worth of work. It has been super fun working them up to where they are. As the game rules say, no money cheats. To start off with, I had my 1st matriarch do a lot of collecting, painting and gardening. I have been able to upgrade the house significantly with both the 1st and 2nd generation. I also have recently moved my 3rd matriarch into her own home. I find I like to change it up when I am starting over with a new matriarch. I also pay close attention to the whims so I could work on purchasing the rewards that would benefit the most.

My household runs pretty smoothly, for the most part. It definitely didn't start off that way, but I have learned what works best for me. In my 1st generation, I decided early on I was going to take a selfie with the baby daddy, so I can keep track of who was who. I was able to work her up to the 2nd best camera available and use the medium frame (but have since decided that small is much better for wall space). I also took pictures of my 1st and 2nd matriarchs together, as young adults and elders, and also when she came around as a ghost. I really do enjoy when they come into the house as ghosts and they help take care of the babies. She has also helped herself to making food, and doing a couple paintings as well. I have noticed that both 1st and 2nd generation matriarch ghosts don't both show up at the same time, they trade off who comes to haunt the house.

Another thing I want to share is I felt sad that I was generating all these wonderfully random sims and wouldn't get to play their adult lives, so I have have been saving them to my gallery when they age up to young adult. My 1st generation was a little chaotic. I had CC in the game and didn't like that it saves them modded, so towards the end of that generation, I took all my CC that has anything to do with CAS out of my game since I have a hard time figuring out what is CC and what isn't when my sims were randomly generated. I wanted to possibly be able to share them in gallery, but CC shares seldom get scene or downloaded. In my 2nd generation, it became a little bit easier. I do an upload to the gallery when my matriarch reached her 3rd trimester in her pregnancy just so I can keep it as current as possible there, just in case. If one of the kids have turned to YA, I move them out before I do the save. That way it gives room for possible multiples. If they age to YA before mom reaches her 3rd trimester, it's a bonus because I do get them a job and whatever they earn, goes into the family fund. Also, I recently learned if they age up to YA with an A in school, whatever job they get, they start at level 3. So there is the bonus there of whatever promote prizes they get as well. And, yes, my gallery is plum full of sims now. LOL

Anyway, that's my challenge so far. Thanks for reading if you got through all that! :D <3
    @AlHollandiyah @klaipini @Fizzstix - Thank you everyone :) I just had him age into a young adult then had him find a girlfriend. Spent one sim day working on the relationship and next thing I know they eloped and got married on the spot then of course I moved him out :lol: Let's hope the relationship lasts :p
  • dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    edited July 2015
    @AlHollandiyah: My matriarch is slim but curvaceous. Her daughters were slim as teens, but when they aged to young adults they literally ballooned!

@Miss_CiaraDunne: Something I do is to get the girlfriend pregnant before marrying them and moving them out. So that a cadet branch is automatically created when they marry and move out. Alternatively, I can just play the offsprings households, but it will take my focus away.

I am not sure if this has asked before but here goes: what do you usually do to the family lines of your offsprings? Do you play them rotationally or just move them out and focus just on the main challenge?
    2w35aaa.jpg
    > @dsh said:
    > AlHollandiyah: My matriarch is slim but curvaceous. Her daughters were slim as teens, but when they aged to young adults they literally ballooned!
    >
    > Miss_CiaraDunne: Something I do is to get the girlfriend pregnant before marrying them and moving them out. So that a cadet branch is automatically created when they marry and move out. Alternatively, I can just play the offsprings households, but it will take my focus away.
    >
    > I am not sure if this has asked before but here goes: what do you usually do to the family lines of your offsprings? Do you play them rotationally or just move them out and focus just on the main challenge?

I posted a pretty long post about my challenge last night (it at the bottom of page 62). But what I have done is saved my children to the gallery once they are young adult (and if they have a family they live with), so when I am done with this challenge, I can go back and play with them. I felt bad about creating all these random sims and didn't want them to just die and never be seen or played with again. For the most part, I just focus on my matriarch's current family.
    I keep a small list in Calc (a free and BETTER version of Excel, in OpenOffice.org) with the kids, their parents, and their ages. So I don't confuse any. Also I have the (bad?) habit to delete any donors (fathers) as soon as the pregnancy is confirmed, because they kept spamming my Matriarchs phone with talks hangouts and dates....
  • my-deadly-kissesmy-deadly-kisses Posts: 16 New Member
    Wow this challenge took me four months and it's finally over!!!!
    Yes! My game isn´t glitching, after 13 boys my second matriach finally had a girl!
    The new twins are called Jason and Yasmin.
    I have ONLY gotten boys the latest couple of pregnancies. I'm desperate for a daughter, as my Matriarch is halfway between adult and elder. She now has 13 kids, out of which are 3 sets of twins. 10 of her kids are adults and have moved out, 1 is a teen and the youngest twins are children. I hope she gets a set of triplets this time, with at least 1 girl. Then this Matriarch will have had 16 kids and will have an heir to follow in her footsteps!
  • RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    My first gen matriarch is 17 days away from becoming an elder. She has had 18 kids. 12 boys, 6 girls. One set of boy twins, and two sets of boy/girl twins. We only had one set of twins while having the fertile trait. All of their names start with the letter L. I keep her in shape by running on our treadmill.
  • klaipiniklaipini Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2015
    My game is glitching so much and I have had to delete this challenges saves a lot! I just made a new sim and I hope that this one won't glitch!:)
    Post edited by klaipini on
  • kitkat_37kitkat_37 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2015
    When your baby ages up to a child, are you allowed to change your child's outfits (every day, formal etc.) as long as you don't change anything else (aspirations and traits)?

I've been really interested in doing this challenge and changing my Sim's outfits is something I like to do normally, so I was wondering if you can in this challenge.
  • RRR24RRR24 Posts: 38 Member
    i give my sims makeovers when they age up into a child and into a teen. i don't think it matters. > @kitkat_37 said:
    > When your baby ages up to a child, are you allowed to change your child's outfits (every day, formal etc.) as long as you don't change anything else (aspirations and traits)?
    >
    > I've been really interested in doing this challenge and changing my Sim's outfits is something I like to do normally, so I was wondering if you can in this challenge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top