Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite thing about each expansion pack

What is your favorite thing about each expansion pack?

Comments

• Sunfisher0Sunfisher0 Posts: 211 Member
    Hmm... I tend to like a lot of the smaller things that came with packs. I could talk about this non-stop, but here are some of the main things I love about each:

World Adventures - New plants, recipes, and winemaking. For some strange reason, I love to see a bottle of wine in my Sims' wine racks age as I play through the generations. This sometimes leads to a basement full of nectar racks.

Ambitions - Laundry and Stylist. Stylist gives me a way to change the hair and fashions of townies, while laundry gives Sims more of a realistic little tidbit based on daily life. A laundromat is a must-have in my Sim towns.

Late Night - Musical instruments and mixology. I love my Sims being able to play musical instruments. (I might be biased about this because I'm a pianist myself). Meanwhile, the drinks that Sims make are just so pretty *_*

Generations - Daycare. I really enjoy the daycare aspect because it is a profession and revolves around toddlers and children. The toddlers are so cute (though I do think that they are given energy drinks and sodas before they arrive because toddlers never need a nap)

Pets - The animals. Breeding and raising "big" pets as well as collecting "minor pets" (though most minor pets are sold for quick money) One thing I am also extremely drawn to is the texture of the animals' fluff. They actually look furry :)

Showtime - Karaoke and Photo Booths. I never really cared for the professions, though.

Supernatural - Beehives for honey-making, and the Claw Machine. I love prize claws, and as a child most of my stuffed toys were won from those because my dad is very uniquely talented at it.

Seasons - Winter and skating. I love how Sims can skate on ponds during winter and how they change into skates. (In Sims 2, their shoes would get blades, which was really disturbing when one of my Sims thought it would be cool to skate in her undies and then blades came out of her bare feet :S)

University - Coffee Shops. Some days I will just have the biggest itching urge to make a coffee-addicted hipster who critiques the hell out of everyone at the Sim version of Starbucks while he spends his meager salary on hot beverages.

Island Paradise - Boat houses. Like a house, but also like a boat.

Into the Future - The clothing mannequin/pedestal. It's meant for selling clothing to Sims, and works like a fashion store. I put them up in stores to encourage townies to dress more appropriately.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Here's mine.

World Adventures- Fortune cookies.
    Ambitions- New careers.
    Late Night- New buildings.
    Generation- More life moments.
    Pets- Cats.
    Showtime- Peformers, that can be hired to parties.
    Supernatural- Elixirs.
    Seasons- Seasons and weather.
    University Life- Smartphone.
    Island Paradise- Resorts.
    Into the Future- Objects, that make sim's life easier.
  • super_niinsuper_niin Posts: 107 Member
    edited July 2015
    World Adventures- Some of the buy mode items
    Ambitions- Ghosthunter career
    Late Night- The bars
    Generations- New Children's interactions with furniture (like reside over the royal court and bathtub submarine)
    Pets- Horses
    Showtime- Some of the CAS items especially the dresses
    Supernatural- alchemy
    Seasons- Snow (so beautiful in the sims 3 worlds)
    University Life- Getting a degree
    Island Paradise- Scuba Diving
    Into the Future- The gardening soil rugs
    edit was because I didn't proofread
    Post edited by super_niin on
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited July 2015
    World Adventures: Tomb exploring
    Ambitions: Skill careers
    Late Night: Bridgeport
    Generations: New interactions for each life stage.
    Pets: Horses
    Showtime: Venues
    Supernatural: Tie between Witches and Moonlight Falls
    Seasons: Weather interactions
    University Life: New lot types like coffee shop, arcade
    Island Paradise: Houseboats
    Into the Future: I like this EP a lot, so it's a tie between Plumbots, futuristic objects and new lot types (Especially cafeteria and gallery shop)
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes