Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims Freeplay Update: Baby Steps

Has anyone seen the new freeplay trailer Baby Steps yet? Its everything we have been asking for in the Sims 4 in reference to toddlers and infants. There is new actions and content for baby and toddlers!!!!! I don't understand why they can do it for one game and not the other. I really hope I see these things on Sims 4 soon especially TODDLERS!!!!

Comments

• Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I wonder if that's going to be the new announcement at Gamescon? The fact that FreePlay now comes with toddlers? I know the Sims 4 is going to be there. I hope the fans there demand some serious answers.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Sims Freeplay?
    Is that a new stuffpack or something?
  • Lilac487Lilac487 Posts: 33 Member
    > @JoxerTM22 said:
    > Sims Freeplay?
    > Is that a new stuffpack or something?

no its a mobile version of the Sims game
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited July 2015
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Sims Freeplay?
    Is that a new stuffpack or something?

The Sims Freeplay is an smartphone app version of the sims. It's been out since the middle of the TS3 era and has been growing ever since. It's had toddlers for awhile. It's slowly upgraded and added many life stages: baby, toddler, elder, teen, pre-teen, etc. Regardless of the of technical game differences between the PC game and the app...i'd say it's a pretty darn big step for Sim babies in general.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    So it's Sims 4 on phones?

No. Sims 3
    edited July 2015
    leo3487 wrote: »

No. Sims 3

Actually The Sims 3 already had it's own mobile game before Freeplay. Freeplay is sort of it's own game. It's rather...unique in many ways i have to say.

EDIT: However to answer @JoxerTM22 , well...I suppose it's one of the reasons why TS4 won't even try a mobile game lol.
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    They are taking everything we are requesting and sticking it into Freeplay. Honestly, in my perspective, it seems like they're trying to persuade their fans to run to their mobile version.

Not happening.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Wait... If it's Sims 3 on phones why are we discussing it in forum section that is not Sims 3?
    edited July 2015
    Wait... If it's Sims 3 on phones why are we discussing it in forum section that is not Sims 3?

Freeplay isn't TS3. Some people thought it was due to the fact that it came out during the TS3 era. But it's actually it's own unique sims app.

Edit: Here's the Sims Freeplay
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,293 Member
    Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Is there a reason you had to make 2 threads about the exact same thing?
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Are you talking about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HX12v5mxJM
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well Maxis is applying some of the family play ideas to a Sims game, but it isn't towards the Sims 4 at all. XD Those babies and toddlers are adorable and so cute all the things they can do.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Seriously. Freeplay gets all the good stuff. :( How is it that a little mobile app can get things like malls with Escalators, toddlers, and all those objects with so many interactions and animations... and the PC version can't? *Flops over*. I'll probably never understand it. Q_Q
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I play it on my Ipad and phone. We just got a camping update not too long ago. They've had toddlers for a quite a while now, just adding more features for the baby and toddler stages.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I also noticed that they got Patios, Balconies, and Basements a little bit after GTW was released.... wondering if that could mean something for us family-players..that are wanting Toddlers.. but then again, like another Simmer said.. they have had toddlers for awhile. *sadface*. Ohh well. I'll just sit in my little corner and wait patiently.

Honestly, right now, I'd really just prefer family game play to be added, because we're really lacking in that department. Toddlers can come after.

EA, please step away from "Careers" for a little while on the next expansion pack. We need some FUN stuff to do. Literally.. because the fun motive needs more objects...
    I also noticed that they got Patios, Balconies, and Basements a little bit after GTW was released.... wondering if that could mean something for us family-players..that are wanting Toddlers.. but then again, like another Simmer said.. they have had toddlers for awhile. *sadface*. Ohh well. I'll just sit in my little corner and wait patiently.

Honestly, right now, I'd really just prefer family game play to be added, because we're really lacking in that department. Toddlers can come after.

EA, please step away from "Careers" for a little while on the next expansion pack. We need some FUN stuff to do. Literally.. because the fun motive needs more objects...

Well honestly many of us family players were jelly of the toddler items that were in Freeplay even back in the TS3 era lol. I remember simmers posting sandboxes, play houses, toddler beds, kiddy pools etc.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2015
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

No. Sims 3

Actually The Sims 3 already had it's own mobile game before Freeplay. Freeplay is sort of it's own game. It's rather...unique in many ways i have to say.

EDIT: However to answer @JoxerTM22 , well...I suppose it's one of the reasons why TS4 won't even try a mobile game lol.

Sims 3 mobile app was horrible not worth $6.99. Freeplay is in my book a replacement, for the app same Sims as the Sims 3 app, same clothes, and same idea on a better scale.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    Seriously. Freeplay gets all the good stuff. :( How is it that a little mobile app can get things like malls with Escalators, toddlers, and all those objects with so many interactions and animations... and the PC version can't? *Flops over*. I'll probably never understand it. Q_Q

Probably because people keep spending money to play.
  • MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    I just looked at the Facebook page and it sounds so much better than what we have :( The graphics are crap but the objects and stuff are cuter :(
    edited July 2015
    MasonGamer wrote: »

No. Sims 3

Sims 3 mobile app was horrible not worth $6.99. Freeplay is in my book a replacement, for the app same Sims as the Sims 3 app, same clothes, and same idea on a better scale.

Personally I look at Freeplay as a replacement for all sim apps, which is what gives it it's content flexibility. Which is kind of why i believe that TS4 would never ever go to mobile.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

No. Sims 3

Personally I look at Freeplay as a replacement for all sim apps, which is what gives it it's content flexibility. Which is kind of why i believe that TS4 would never ever go to mobile.

Probably when the Sims 4 is almost over in 4-6 years. I wish they would replace the Sims in the Sims Freeplay with the Sims 4 Sims.

Like Sim City BuildIt.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Probably when the Sims 4 is almost over in 4-6 years. I wish they would replace the Sims in the Sims Freeplay with the Sims 4 Sims.

Like Sim City BuildIt.
    It will probably be four years. There is already a rough date set for the Sims 5 for fall 2019. Each Sims PC game usually runs five years. I doubt it would run seven years.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Lilac487Lilac487 Posts: 33 Member
    > @MocaJava said:
    > Is there a reason you had to make 2 threads about the exact same thing?
    Sorry about that. It was an accident. I was trying to figure out how to delete one thread