Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    I just had an idea for a prompt! You have to fit a set of words in your story. Like swishy, as in swishy chair. :smirk: :

Meggles.... I just read something of yours that uses the word 'swooshy!' :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Meggles wrote: »
    I just had an idea for a prompt! You have to fit a set of words in your story. Like swishy, as in swishy chair. :smirk: :

Meggles.... I just read something of yours that uses the word 'swooshy!' :)

Swooshy is the best word ever xD
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    The banners look AWESOME! :)
  • RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    I wonder what theme is the prompt for this month? So excited! :)
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    Hmm... I really could announce the theme a little early. There's a pretty solid leader in the poll already. But I'll give it another couple of days before I announce it. I'm going to be really busy tomorrow and at least the first half of the day on Sunday. One of my nephews is staying with us. :) He might play the Sims a little, but I won't have much time for forum stuff while he's here.
    Now that's just teasing those of us who haven't seen the results! ;)
    Aw bless him, hope you have a good time! :)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    Oooooh I think I might give this a whirl. What a fantastic idea!
  • dshdsh Posts: 65 Member
    As a very newbie writer on the block, I sure am looking forwards for this challenge! Just hope I make it member status by then hehe!
    2w35aaa.jpg
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    So good to have you both join in, @PeachyKeen88 and @dsh! This is going to be a lot of fun! :)
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I know the theme! It's... Waiting for the August theme to be announced!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member

HAHAHA! LOL! @SummerFalls you just made my morning! LOL :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    edited July 2015

Vera waited patiently, well somewhat patiently, okay totally impatiently. She had been so excited for the short story contest and had even voted on the poll. Now though she was stuck waiting for Carewren123 to finally post the first topic. The topic she so desperately wanted to know. Ideas raced through her head as she wondered which topic it would be. Maybe the beginnings topic oh there were so many ways that could go. Summer love, a sweet romance would be a nice break from her stressful work life. Or maybe... you know what she needed to stop dwelling on it. All she was doing was making her self more excited. Instead she just leaned in close to the computer screen not even caring the damage it was likely doing to her eyes. Come on Carewren123, just post it already.

Okay there's my submission for the topic of "Waiting for the August them to be announced." What do you all think :p

• Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member

Vera waited patiently, well somewhat patiently, okay totally impatiently. She had been so excited for the short story contest and had even voted on the poll. Now though she was stuck waiting for Carewren123 to finally post the first topic. The topic she so desperately wanted to know. Ideas raced through her head as she wondered which topic it would be. Maybe the beginnings topic oh there were so many ways that could go. Summer love, a sweet romance would be a nice break from her stressful work life. Or maybe... you know what she needed to stop dwelling on it. All she was doing was making her self more excited. Instead she just leaned in close to the computer screen not even caring the damage it was likely doing to her eyes. Come on Carewren123, just post it already.

Okay there's my submission for the topic of "Waiting for the August them to be announced." What do you all think :p

LOL! LOVE it! first prize right there!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment

wJs7Ztr.png

That is all xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat

wJs7Ztr.png

That is all xD

Yay *fist pumps triumphantly*
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Before heading to bed, just wanted to say that I LOVE you guys!!! Thanks for the entertainment. And a warm welcome to the newcomers :) I didn't have a chance to even check the poll today, so it may have changed, but if there is still a strong lead tomorrow, I'll close the poll early and announce the first theme. We'll of course still have the entire month of August to get in the submissions.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    I closed the poll, stay tuned for August's theme... coming up momentarily. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    edited July 2015
    August's Theme...

The perfect theme for our first month's challenge. This month is all about firsts for us. That's right the winning theme is "Firsts". This simply means you must include some sort of first for the Sims in your story. So get creative, and most importantly have fun writing!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Wait, the theme is Coming up Momentarily? Awesome! Now, let me brainstorm...
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    I know the actual theme now, it's two posts above me! This is so exciting! I need to brainstorm this now, and get a killer story submitted!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png

LOL I guess I didn't think that through. ;)

I have now posted the real theme. :) It's "Firsts".
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

LOL I guess I didn't think that through. ;)

I have now posted the real theme. :) It's "Firsts".

So excited!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    I have a question for @Carewren123 as well as everyone else here.

Are interconnected stories allowed? Basically what I mean is that I have the idea for where my short stories will share a central interconnecting theme. They are each still their own short story but they share certain overlapping characters, settings and details.

A similar way to think of this would be that it's like a serial tv show, CSI for example, each episode is it's own self contained story that you can watch and enjoy without needing to have seen the rest but they all have constant characters and ideas within them. I'm planning to do this either way but I wanted to ask because if this doesn't quite fit then I'll follow the monthly prompts but remove myself from actually competing in the challenge so that it remains fair.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    So much potential here...my mind is filled with ideas. This will be fun!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    I have a question for @Carewren123 as well as everyone else here.

Are interconnected stories allowed? Basically what I mean is that I have the idea for where my short stories will share a central interconnecting theme. They are each still their own short story but they share certain overlapping characters, settings and details.

A similar way to think of this would be that it's like a serial tv show, CSI for example, each episode is it's own self contained story that you can watch and enjoy without needing to have seen the rest but they all have constant characters and ideas within them. I'm planning to do this either way but I wanted to ask because if this doesn't quite fit then I'll follow the monthly prompts but remove myself from actually competing in the challenge so that it remains fair.

That's perfectly fine. Sounds like a great idea. Basically I want everyone to have as much freedom as possible for these challenges, so let your creativity run wild. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I had a similar question, @AuroraLockwood ! I have an idea in mind for the August prompt, and then I was thinking to myself "Hmm... It would be cool to have the short stories all have the same 'cast' of characters!"

This is exciting! And I will finally be able to add a section to my blog for "other stories"
    snvAF3B.png