Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Here's why I think Toddlers will be announced at Gamescom

Comments

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    I really doubt that they'll announce toddlers at GamesCom (though, I'd love for them to prove me wrong). The reason I doubt it is because of R.F.'s quote.
    It is something we’re exploring but we don’t currently have more information to share around when or how other than to say our fans will be the first to know.
    http://kotaku.com/11-months-later-the-sims-4-players-still-want-answers-1705320586

If a few months ago they were only "exploring" but still did not have any info on when or how they may be implemented, I just don't feel as though we'll get an announcement that they're coming now.

Anyway, "exploring" sounds rather ambiguous to me. That doesn't sound like language that someone would use if they were currently working on a project.

Well, they said lock doors were too hard and had no idea when it would come, eve though they would like to come to the game. And 3 months later we got it, so I think exploring means they are working on it.

Exactly. To me "It's something we're exploring and our fans will be the first to know" is corporate speak to "we are currently working on it but we can't tell you yet".

Everything thus far makes it seem like It's coming. Hopefully at gamescom... We'll see.
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    MatheusBS wrote: »
    I really doubt that they'll announce toddlers at GamesCom (though, I'd love for them to prove me wrong). The reason I doubt it is because of R.F.'s quote.
    It is something we’re exploring but we don’t currently have more information to share around when or how other than to say our fans will be the first to know.
    http://kotaku.com/11-months-later-the-sims-4-players-still-want-answers-1705320586

If a few months ago they were only "exploring" but still did not have any info on when or how they may be implemented, I just don't feel as though we'll get an announcement that they're coming now.

Anyway, "exploring" sounds rather ambiguous to me. That doesn't sound like language that someone would use if they were currently working on a project.

Well, they said lock doors were too hard and had no idea when it would come, eve though they would like to come to the game. And 3 months later we got it, so I think exploring means they are working on it.

Exactly. To me "It's something we're exploring and our fans will be the first to know" is corporate speak to "we are currently working on it but we can't tell you yet".

Everything thus far makes it seem like It's coming. Hopefully at gamescom... We'll see.

Exactly what I was thinking :)
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    That is truly Wishful Thinking!
    While I hope toddlers will be announced, I just have too many doubts.. I think, if in fact they were coming back.. EA would have said something a while ago to not hurt their sales. I've heard countless people, in person, here and other social media swear off buying any other The Sims 4 related packs until the Toddlers were announced to return. Thinking as a business lady.. I would have said something as soon as the issue came up as to not lose money or get a bad customer service rep. Or Maybe EA thinks they will announce Toddlers and all us CraZy Simmers will just forget how many threads and questions went unanswered over the past year, cuz "Yay Toddlerz!"
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Thing is though, EA don't need to charge for Toddlers.

Toddlers alone would increase sales of the Sims 4. That's the pay check.

When we got Newcrest, The Sims 4 went back to #1 on Origin and #2 (behind some $30 PC thing) on Amazon.

If a simple blank world can do that, imagine the demand for the game when Toddlers come out.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited July 2015
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    The Community is currently divided right now, those of us who think toddlers ARE coming and those of us who think they're never coming, I am on the side thinking they are, In fact I think they're coming at Gamescom and here's why: Remember back in 2013 when @SimGuruGrant Stated Sims 4 would have all past lifestages? Yeah, well that didn't happen but it meant they had already been planning lifestages and how they were going to be. Then in May or June last year we were told Toddlers and Pools will not be returning in the Sims 4 due to time restraints, Well just 2 months after Sims 4 launched pools were added into the game, meaning they had already been worked on before the game's release. Finally back in February or March @SimGuruRachel stated
    Toddlers are not simply small Sims, they are a completely separate Sim type, deserving of the same level of investment. We want to do it well. It is something we’re exploring but we don’t currently have more information to share around when or how other than to say our fans will be the first to know.
    "We don't CURRENTLY have information to share" Well 4 or 5 months later I think it's time that information could be shared and what better time to announce toddlers that are well done and possibly the best in the series than Gamescom? And not only would their fans be the first to know but also the press to advertise the newly added tots, boosting the game popularity.

No, It is an announcement for a console game. Now, that is about as right as your opinion. However, I have to agree EA and The TS4 lead people have been very deceptive with customers who preordered this game. Not only did they say (Rachel Franklin) they would not be in the game at launch which implies they will be in the game so all those thousands 'don't cancel their preorders' but Ryan Vaughn told a whopper when he said they had built a strong foundation to make each of our dreams come true which in most people's minds includes open neighborhoods with open lots, to cars, to toddlers etc. That hasn't happened.

Not only did those two mislead paying customers or those on the fence to keep them all from cancelling preorders but Graham Nardone said this would open the door nicely for preteens but 'toddlers' would be a priority. Now, we are told no they weren't a priority by SimGuruMax but multitasking was their focus and they 'chose' to avoid the complexity of carrying around babies and toddlers and complex stuff in plain words is what they try to avoid and don't want to deal with.

So, there is five people in my opinion who made the choices of what would or wouldn't be in the game and spin was rampant to keep preorders from being cancelled and the unsure buyer from just not even bothering at all.

Then when asked almost a year later Rachel Franklin states it's being explored. Funny Columbus discovered America on the road to West Indies, faster than EA has developed 'toddlers'. More spin the truth and keep them hanging on so they will buy more and not walk out if we tell them we are exploring them.

Now, I'm not calling anyone a liar, but I will say the spin doctor is strong in the TS4 Studio.

The quotes you're referencing don't mention half of what you're saying.

They said "they wanted to build a strong foundation" which means a game that works and doesn't fall apart the more you build onto it.

The Sims 3's foundation wasn't strong. Yet they continued to build upon it and for a lot of people, that meant a game that would crash and perform poorly. The devs know that.

The term "foundation being strong" is literally just a phrase of, building a base game that can handle more and more content being added to it.

In short, the devs were saying they wanted to make a strong foundation RATHER than implement content quickly and have it all fall apart later.

And so far, after three DLC packs and two Stuff Packs, two Game Packs and Get To Work, the games performance is better than when it was at launch, not worse. The loading times are quicker on average as well.

So no they didn't lie.

Graham never mentioned Preteens? I've also never seen a tweet mentioning Toddlers as a priority? Or SimGuruMax stating anything about carrying Toddlers and multitasking (granted this sounds familiar regarding babies but even so)

I've honestly never heard of most things in your post. Sounds like Chinese Whispers to me.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I think it's definitely a good possibility that toddlers will be announced at Gamescom. If they aren't, I just want them to confirm that they will or will not be created in the future. It would be nice if we could know one way or another and move on to talking about new topics. Also, those who won't play without toddlers will no longer have to be strung along, and everyone else can move on as well. I just want it to be done, really.

Who knows, maybe they'll announce something else totally unrelated at Gamescom, but I assume it will be something more than just a plain EP.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would not mind toddlers unless they are in a playpen with there toys
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Thing is though, EA don't need to charge for Toddlers.

Toddlers alone would increase sales of the Sims 4. That's the pay check.

When we got Newcrest, The Sims 4 went back to #1 on Origin and #2 (behind some $30 PC thing) on Amazon.

If a simple blank world can do that, imagine the demand for the game when Toddlers come out.

have to agree there...

I triede the free sims4.. but didn't buy becouse toddlers was missing.

If I had to buy the basegame + and EP/GP to get them... well knoing furtur SP/GP/EP for that reason would have a hard time buildign on them.... I be inclinde to still not buy...

they simply need to be in a patch

maybe a patch conected to an EP/GP that have more stuff for them (so the patch only have 1 crib, 1 potty and a few outfits + basic toddler skilling) that way I would feel I got BONUS, and might buying both base game and EP/GP....

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    If EA decides not to bring toddlers back I think they would lose a lot of revenue that could be brought in. I know people who haven't bought the sims 4 because they are waiting for toddlers. Besides the fact that if they give us toddlers they would make A fortune with EP's, GP's and stuff stuff packs that revolve around them. I personally can't imagine them giving up the profit they could make that revolves around toddlers. I am certainly hoping they will announce them at gamescom And I hope they did a good job on them!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I feel like it could go either way - I really want them to announce a Generations EP with toddlers (patched in), improved babies and preteens, so it's possible my need for this is clouding my judgement on the issue. I would be thoroughly disappointed and disheartened if EA didn't announce it, because I think it's their last chance to appease fans. But if I am being completely honest, I feel that if they were working on toddlers, something would have leaked by now. The fact that nothing has leaked, makes my heart sink. It's incredibly improbable that they will announce toddlers with that in mind. For the sake of my own sanity, I'll ofcourse hope until the last second that I'm wrong and that they have been working on these additions from the start. I just think that their whole silence routine doesn't bode well. No company is this silent if they have good news. I'm really hoping and wishing I am wrong though. Really, I am.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ScarletlocsScarletlocs Posts: 54 Member
    I am keeping my fingers cross. I won't get my hopes up but I can dream. Toddlers. I keep getting my babies taken. Oh well.....
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I've avoided the heated toddler debate. I do want them in my game but I'm not going to abandon EA if they add them in an expansion/make us pay for them.

I will however avoid purchasing further products if we don't hear soon/ by the 2nd year mark. I'm about to have a baby of my own soon. How could I not want to explore toddler gameplay in TS4?
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think they have been ready at this point. This is the time to announce.
    It will boost sales, coming into the Christmas season.. not everyone can buy the games and expansions all at once. So there will be time to gear up for extras and put this on lists. If they have the game they can try it out and decide if they want more. For those that love the game and are buying as things are released .. they already can count on those sales. For those on the fence they may be able to tip them over... For those that hate the game well..they hate the game, what can I say.
    I think toddlers will be released in a free patch because of statements of contrition that have been made including:
    Rachel Franklin "As mentioned, there’s nothing more painful than not meeting your players’ expectations. Some players have up to five years of content and experiences in The Sims 3, and we had simply underestimated their passion and loyalty for that game including features such as toddlers." They know they made a big boo-boo.
    I think the next EP will be announced also. I have no idea what that will be I can only hope.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2015

I hope you're right. It would certainly make a lot of simmers happy. I'd just love to hear them actually say "we're working really hard on this and we're going to make it happen." I wish they weren't always so non-committal about things.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited July 2015
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    It is funny how people think on this fourm, because I remember back in 2012 when everyone was saying that EA would not release 3 expansion packs in 1 year and yet they did the unthinkable.Who knows what might happen! Keep hope alive!! ;)

I remember back before all the news of everything that had been cut from sims 4 started rolling in when I would have told anyone who said they didn't feel toddlers or open world or cast would be returning that they were certifiably insane.... And then look what happened? EA did the unthinkable and cut just about everything.
    First time for everything.
    Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The Community is currently divided right now, those of us who think toddlers ARE coming and those of us who think they're never coming, I am on the side thinking they are, In fact I think they're coming at Gamescom and here's why: Remember back in 2013 when @SimGuruGrant Stated Sims 4 would have all past lifestages? Yeah, well that didn't happen but it meant they had already been planning lifestages and how they were going to be. Then in May or June last year we were told Toddlers and Pools will not be returning in the Sims 4 due to time restraints, Well just 2 months after Sims 4 launched pools were added into the game, meaning they had already been worked on before the game's release. Finally back in February or March @SimGuruRachel stated
    Toddlers are not simply small Sims, they are a completely separate Sim type, deserving of the same level of investment. We want to do it well. It is something we’re exploring but we don’t currently have more information to share around when or how other than to say our fans will be the first to know.
    "We don't CURRENTLY have information to share" Well 4 or 5 months later I think it's time that information could be shared and what better time to announce toddlers that are well done and possibly the best in the series than Gamescom? And not only would their fans be the first to know but also the press to advertise the newly added tots, boosting the game popularity.

No, It is an announcement for a console game. Now, that is about as right as your opinion. However, I have to agree EA and The TS4 lead people have been very deceptive with customers who preordered this game. Not only did they say (Rachel Franklin) they would not be in the game at launch which implies they will be in the game so all those thousands 'don't cancel their preorders' but Ryan Vaughn told a whopper when he said they had built a strong foundation to make each of our dreams come true which in most people's minds includes open neighborhoods with open lots, to cars, to toddlers etc. That hasn't happened.

Not only did those two mislead paying customers or those on the fence to keep them all from cancelling preorders but Graham Nardone said this would open the door nicely for preteens but 'toddlers' would be a priority. Now, we are told no they weren't a priority by SimGuruMax but multitasking was their focus and they 'chose' to avoid the complexity of carrying around babies and toddlers and complex stuff in plain words is what they try to avoid and don't want to deal with.

So, there is five people in my opinion who made the choices of what would or wouldn't be in the game and spin was rampant to keep preorders from being cancelled and the unsure buyer from just not even bothering at all.

Then when asked almost a year later Rachel Franklin states it's being explored. Funny Columbus discovered America on the road to West Indies, faster than EA has developed 'toddlers'. More spin the truth and keep them hanging on so they will buy more and not walk out if we tell them we are exploring them.

Now, I'm not calling anyone a liar, but I will say the spin doctor is strong in the TS4 Studio.

I seriously doubt it's console, if anything it's just an expansion. The Guru's have stated multiple times recently that console is not a priority as they want Base to be the best it possibly can be before that. Plus the Team who are attending Gamescom are the Expansion pack team, Both Azure and Romeo worked on Get to Work and haven't been moved onto another team. I don't understand why they even bother with console :P

Doesn't Azure just work on the 'worlds'? People have moved around recently. Graham is over the Stuff Packs now, so I don't know if others were moved around or not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I think it's the next expansion pack announcement. Were due for another ep.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I seriously doubt it's console, if anything it's just an expansion. The Guru's have stated multiple times recently that console is not a priority as they want Base to be the best it possibly can be before that. Plus the Team who are attending Gamescom are the Expansion pack team, Both Azure and Romeo worked on Get to Work and haven't been moved onto another team. I don't understand why they even bother with console :P

Doesn't Azure just work on the 'worlds'? People have moved around recently. Graham is over the Stuff Packs now, so I don't know if others were moved around or not.
    Azure worked on the Photograpy in Get To Work.
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member

*standing ovation
    Well.. you hit that plumbob on the head. :D
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I dunno...I have a feeling they'll be announcing a console version :/ toddlers would be a big deal to a lot of people here but the general masses wouldn't be interested.

Ok, you LOL'ers! What sorts of things are usually released at Gamescom? I honestly have no idea but I just assumed that they wouldn't go all the way to someplace with a large audiance to discuss an addition to an existing game? No? They announce small stuff like expansions there? It just doesn't make sense to me :/

I'm honestly asking :D I really want toddlers...but I don't wanna get let down...again. B)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2015
    I dunno...I have a feeling they'll be announcing a console version :/ toddlers would be a big deal to a lot of people here but the general masses wouldn't be interested.

Ok, you LOL'ers! What sorts of things are usually released at Gamescom? I honestly have no idea but I just assumed that they wouldn't go all the way to someplace with a large audiance to discuss an addition to an existing game? No? They announce small stuff like expansions there? It just doesn't make sense to me :/

I'm honestly asking :D I really want toddlers...but I don't wanna get let down...again. B)

Well, in 2012 they announced Seasons and Supernatural for the Sims 3. The year before that, I think they announced Pets. I don't feel like looking it up, but I seem to recall expansion pack announcements pretty much every year at Gamescom (for the Sims.) I don't know why expansions would be considered "small stuff." I think they're pretty major. This is The Sims, after all. And they're not going all the way to someplace to talk only Sims. Other games will be presented.

As for announcing toddlers, the general masses (who are fans) are exactly the people who would be interested in their return.
  • Options

I don't see what's so funny :'( so I'm going to make my exit from this thread...& I still don't think toddlers are coming :p
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    IceyJ wrote: »

Well, in 2012 they announced Seasons and Supernatural for the Sims 3. The year before that, I think they announced Pets. I don't feel like looking it up, but I seem to recall expansion pack announcements pretty much every year at Gamescom (for the Sims.) I don't know why expansions would be considered "small stuff." I think they're pretty major. This is The Sims, after all. And they're not going all the way to someplace to talk only Sims. Other games will be presented.

As for announcing toddlers, the general masses (who are fans) are exactly the people who would be interested in their return.

I know a lot of other games will be presented, that's why I said 'the general masses' as in non-sim fans. I thought we were talking about toddlers being patched in (as in a free update), not put in an expansion. Goodness gracious.

& I guess...expansions do seem a bit 'small' even compared to full game announcements...I dunno... :'( Sorry.
  • Options
    Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    edited July 2015
    They will surprise us, in a negative or positive way... but they will surprise us.
    Post edited by Cesal95 on
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif