Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just passing this along to S3 Players

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    OMG! Unfortunately, I was a victim to this 'error' in Origin... however, I didn't completely go through the process. I did the "repair" part for every expansion and stuff pack, but answered 'no' whenever they asked me if I wanted to "completely remove everything associated with the application" or something like that... so, my games were all still there. But when I went to play the game, I would get an error saying "Sims 3 Launcher Stopped Working". So, I decided to do a system restore point to BEFORE I did the "repairs". And now my launcher opens, but the game won't start when I press 'play'.

I don't know what to do! :(
    Players who have aborted the process somewhat similar to where you did report that their EPs (maybe the base game) were actually downpatched. You might be able to fix things by running the SuperPatcher and bringing everything back up to Patch 1.67.

That is, if System Restore didn't actually mess things up more. That's really meant for operating system rollbacks, not third party programs like games. But it's worth a try if you can tolerate the huge download.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher

I'll try that... I'm pretty desperate at this point. I've done a couple of restores before on my computer to fix certain issues with games and nothing ever went wrong, so hopefully that didn't mess with Sims 3 this time around.

Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    Also, right after I did the "repair", I did go to the control panel to view my Sims 3 games and I did realize that every expansion pack and stuff pack was at a different version number... is that supposed to happen or is it probably the result of the glitch?
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The "version numbers" of EPs and SPs were always strange things and different from each other. Not the same as patch levels.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited July 2015
    The "version numbers" of EPs and SPs were always strange things and different from each other. Not the same as patch levels.

The super patch thing worked for me! Thank you so much! :)
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited July 2015
    Glad that worked.

I'll be even more glad when the Origin team gets to the bottom of this thing and stops it from happening in the first place!
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    So, the SimGurus didn't know it was happening?? Wow, it actually never occurred to me that the information hadn't made it to the right eyes. I'm sure it's incredibly difficult to pull the important important information out of the fan firehose. I'm glad tagging them worked.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • OddityWithinOddityWithin Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimGuruJanitor said:
    > Hey folks,
    > If you are encountering this issue please file an Origin Error Report (In Origin, Help Menu, "Origin Error Reporter"). After that, it would be helpful if you could reply to this thread with the Report ID number.
    >
    > It would also be helpful to know if you originally installed the game on this computer from disc or via Origin.

Your Report ID is: 0894be438001e14b
    Glad that worked.

I'll be even more glad when the Origin team gets to the bottom of this thing and stops it from happening in the first place!

I hope so too... I figured the whole "repair" thing was pretty awkward from the beginning... especially since my Sims 3 game wasn't even installed through Origin (I have the disc). But I just wanted to be on the "safe" side and repair my game for the sake of it not being corrupted... but ironically ended up doing just that anyway.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    edited July 2015
    > @SimGuruJanitor said:
    > Hey folks,
    > If you are encountering this issue please file an Origin Error Report (In Origin, Help Menu, "Origin Error Reporter"). After that, it would be helpful if you could reply to this thread with the Report ID number.
    >
    > It would also be helpful to know if you originally installed the game on this computer from disc or via Origin.

I'm in the same boat here with the people that accepted the repair offer by Origin. I thought it was for Sims 4 but instead Sims 3 was affected by the "repair". I wish, I had seen this thread before hitting the repair button. All my Sims 3 games are still listed in my Origin account, but the game has become unplayable. I get the error message "Sims 3 launcher has stopped working" every time I try to play The Sims 3. As someone mentioned it before, I also didn't go completely through the process and answered "no" every time, when I was asked, if I really want to remove everything associated with the respective addon that was in charge of "repair". But during the process of "repairing" and "installing" via Origin the base game and some ep's were downpatched, which I had to accept by hitting "ok". There was no button to cancel the action.

I originally had installed Sims 3 with all ep's and addons from disc on my computer. My Sims 3 base game disc is the first edition that has been published, if that information is important, too.

My Origin report ID number is: 0894529e8001e02c

Cherrysette
    Post edited by Cherrysette on
  • BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    Oh.. So that's why I had to spend yesterday reinstalling all my games. It wouldn't even let me bypass the launcher after "repairing" TS3. Luckily it seems to be working again after the reinstall.
  • OddityWithinOddityWithin Posts: 2 New Member
    Mine didn't completely uninstall all the DLC, I thought it did at first due to the layout change and expansions being located under the base game info. However, the only way I could get it to work was a clean installation, so I just uninstalled the rest of it anyway and started over, currently downloading the expansions that I didn't have on a disc but the base game is working again.
  • ShantiLotusShantiLotus Posts: 4 New Member
    I did agree to the Origin "repair" and it caused my launcher to stop working. I uninstalled the base game and all the other stuff. I reinstalled with my disc but the launcher will still not work. Do not let Origin repair your game.
  • CiaraOfCiaranCiaraOfCiaran Posts: 23 New Member
    > @SimGuruJanitor said:
    > Hey folks,
    >

So this is my report Id number 08950a517001e4c9
    I hope it gets fixed as I still can't play the sims. I have reinstalled the game and Origin threw disc and even threw Origin self but it keeps saying launcher not found.
  • CherrysetteCherrysette Posts: 134 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > Players who have aborted the process somewhat similar to where you did report that their EPs (maybe the base game) were actually downpatched. You might be able to fix things by running the SuperPatcher and bringing everything back up to Patch 1.67.
    >
    > That is, if System Restore didn't actually mess things up more. That's really meant for operating system rollbacks, not third party programs like games. But it's worth a try if you can tolerate the huge download.
    >

In my case it has helped to download the superpatch igazor has linked here. Fortunately I did not agree to uninstall the ep's when I was asked, if I really want to do it, during the "repair" process of Origin. So the problem seemed to be the downpatching, although before executing the super patch I got a message that my basegame was already patched to version 1.67.2.024002. But it was obviously not, so overinstalling the super patch fixed the problem ( "launcher stopped working" ) for me.

@igazor: Thank you very much for providing the link to the super patch. :)

I'm sorry, I can't quote the link igazor provided, because I am still a new member due to the new forum system. You can look it up under igazor's post.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all you folks who still have the problem. I hope it gets solved and you are able to play again.

Cherrysette
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    After another Origin update the repair notification seems to have gone.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Yep the new update did seem to take the repair notice away....but now my Game Launcher won't work :/
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • CiaraOfCiaranCiaraOfCiaran Posts: 23 New Member
    Hey Everyone!

I finally got the sims to work again as the new update worked, YAY
    Altho I got one little thing that doesn't work, the ctrl +shift +c isn't working for me.
    So I can't use motherlode or any other cheats.

Has any of you have this problem too??
    For those who are having odd issues after the latest (today's) Origin fix, and are intending to be on Patch 1.67, definitely try the SuperPatch again. It sounds like the original update managed to downpatch the Launcher itself or something before offering to "repair" other game elements, thus providing a mismatch under the hood.

It's admittedly a huge download, but easy to run. If it says you are already up to date, make it run anyway. Can't do any harm.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    For those who are having odd issues after the latest (today's) Origin fix, and are intending to be on Patch 1.67, definitely try the SuperPatch again. It sounds like the original update managed to downpatch the Launcher itself or something before offering to "repair" other game elements, thus providing a mismatch under the hood.

It's admittedly a huge download, but easy to run. If it says you are already up to date, make it run anyway. Can't do any harm.

just so I'm clear (as I'm adding that link to my game maintain paper)... thats the lates patch number right?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    anettesb wrote: »
    just so I'm clear (as I'm adding that link to my game maintain paper)... thats the lates patch number right?
    Correct. Patch 1.67 was the final (?) and highest patch ever released back in Jan 2014.

Even without this entire Origin scenario, the Launcher was notorious for reporting that the game was already on 1.67 and no patches were needed even though some update or other under the hood was incomplete. That tends to break mods as well as the Launcher itself for many players, but the SuperPatcher seems to smooth those things out for many.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    Correct. Patch 1.67 was the final (?) and highest patch ever released back in Jan 2014.

Even without this entire Origin scenario, the Launcher was notorious for reporting that the game was already on 1.67 and no patches were needed even though some update or other under the hood was incomplete. That tends to break mods as well as the Launcher itself for many players, but the SuperPatcher seems to smooth those things out for many.

great thats the one I need liste with my mod list on my paper... and I been looking for that link

so thank you

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Thanks @fullspiral for posting this!! :)

And thanks @igazor for all your help! :)
    giphy.gif

• Idray2501Idray2501 Posts: 32 Member
    Well this is odd... I got most of my expansion packs via download but 3 of them are registered on origin and I never got this update repair notification.
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    > @Idray2501 said:
    > Well this is odd... I got most of my expansion packs via download but 3 of them are registered on origin and I never got this update repair notification.

Neither did I but a lot of people did you were one of the lucky ones.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I'm lucky, that i haven't got this message.