Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Someone is looking for a $100-$300 to run the Sims 3...

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
edited July 2015 in Off Topic Chat
As the title says...
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2734520/cheap-laptop-sims-100-300.html

The second comment I found hilarious. The third comment is by me.
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    GTA V on Ultra, 8x MSAA at 4K at that price!
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    Hahaha oh my :D
    That's golden.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Haha. Poor OP tho. Good luck with that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-CqFh7xvDQ
    My reaction to this thread.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    LOL, wow. You can't really buy a laptop for that period, at least where I live the minimum cost is about 350 there's the odd one for less but they're always refurbished pieces of junk, or old open stock that's been marked down tons of times (because it sucks too much and won't sell). One that plays sims 3, lol, not a chance.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    This really isnt anything new.. we get allot of people wanting to buy laptops on the cheap side in the tech forum. And some people do and then wonder why the game doesn't play.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I know some of you (or your parents) have pockets that are deep enough to buy a $1000 gaming laptop, but there really are people who have limited budgets and aren't looking for cheaper laptops simply because they're cheapskates. It's best to remember that not everyone has the resources or the hardware knowledge as you do (hence asking questions on forums).

On that note, $300 does seem a bit too low for TS3, because the laptops I know in that range use Celeron CPUs and integrated graphics. TS3 should run fine on today's mid-range machines at decent settings and performance. As long as a decent dedicated GPU is present, with enough RAM (maybe 2-4 GB) and a good enough CPU (maybe an i3, or an i5 if it's too low).
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    You shouldn't have to pay out the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for a laptop just to play a game. Ridiculous.
    You shouldn't have to pay out the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for a laptop just to play a game. Ridiculous.
    Well gaming is expensive.
    We know that some people do not have huge budgets, However the simple fact is the sims is getting demanding, and the sims 3 with expansions can get very demanding and does require a decent desktop or laptop.. and the reason gaming laptops are a must is they are designed for gaming.. they can take the huge amount of heat that gaming will produce, where as a regular cheap laptop that people use for gaming will die an early death.
    Also cheap laptops generally only have integrated graphics chips.. which is a BIG no no.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Well gaming is expensive.
    We know that some people do not have huge budgets, However the simple fact is the sims is getting demanding, and the sims 3 with expansions can get very demanding and does require a decent desktop or laptop.. and the reason gaming laptops are a must is they are designed for gaming.. they can take the huge amount of heat that gaming will produce, where as a regular cheap laptop that people use for gaming will die an early death.
    Also cheap laptops generally only have integrated graphics chips.. which is a BIG no no.

True. True.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I know some of you (or your parents) have pockets that are deep enough to buy a $1000 gaming laptop, but there really are people who have limited budgets and aren't looking for cheaper laptops simply because they're cheapskates. It's best to remember that not everyone has the resources or the hardware knowledge as you do (hence asking questions on forums).

On that note, $300 does seem a bit too low for TS3, because the laptops I know in that range use Celeron CPUs and integrated graphics. TS3 should run fine on today's mid-range machines at decent settings and performance. As long as a decent dedicated GPU is present, with enough RAM (maybe 2-4 GB) and a good enough CPU (maybe an i3, or an i5 if it's too low).
    Well i encourage people to ask on the tech forum.
    However there are some people who just flat out refuse to believe that the game is demanding, it is NOT a web browser game or some small Facebook game, It allot more demanding, And i know what gaming on a cheap laptop will achieve.. it will only end up wearing down and possibly frying the laptop.. so if someone wants a laptop capable of playing the game.. the only solution is to save up for one.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

Except Intel's Iris Pro. It can handle light gaming, but in terms of the Sims, it probably would not handle well.
    Well i encourage people to ask on the tech forum.
    However there are some people who just flat out refuse to believe that the game is demanding, it is NOT a web browser game or some small Facebook game, It allot more demanding, And i know what gaming on a cheap laptop will achieve.. it will only end up wearing down and possibly frying the laptop.. so if someone wants a laptop capable of playing the game.. the only solution is to save up for one.

Unless you are @cale2003. He has a magical laptop. :p
    edited July 2015
    Yeah gaming is expensive lol. Luckily for me, I don't really game that much anymore. STILL on an anime kick!

And my laptop is a pretty good laptop for gaming but it's not a gaming laptop, it's an anime viewing, book writing, and drawing laptop.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    When I got my laptop in early 2013, all I cared about was that it could play The Sims 2 (at that point, probably any laptop could) and The Sims 3. And it played TS3 really well.

I also played Skyrim and Sleeping Dogs on that laptop when I decided to play more games on the PC instead of console. Dragon Age Inquisition was unplayable, though, and that was when I decided to invest in a desktop so that I could upgrade parts piecemeal. :p

I wonder how far you can push a laptop with a Celeron and Intel HD graphics.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Sara74469Sara74469 Posts: 513 Member
    THE SECOND COMMENT :D

Until you fry it. B)

Until you fry it. B)
    Or burn the house down in the process :p

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I don't see how you could buy a laptop for less than 1000$ to run TS3 unless it's on sale very cheap like mine was and it's got the dedicated graphics card.I've got everything except Ambitions and Showtime though I'm using tons of Mods and CC without any lag and I even have to pause the game for pictures or I miss them.I was lucky to get this computer so cheap when I bought it because it was normally over 1000$ for the one I bought at the time I bought it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Except Intel's Iris Pro. It can handle light gaming, but in terms of the Sims, it probably would not handle well.

No and It will not play the sims 3 at all
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    As the title says...
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2734520/cheap-laptop-sims-100-300.html

The second comment I found hilarious. The third comment is by me.

since we are in the off topic section Im going off Topic LOL

AMD http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2725055/amd-2015-financials-fall-short.html
  • arimi00arimi00 Posts: 107 Member
    laptop for resource intensive games ? why not build a custom PC instead
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    A second hand laptop perhaps if they only want to play Sims3 on it. I went mad and bought a new laptop after a year as I wanted a big screen and last year's plays Sims3 well. Some other people upgrade every year as they have the money to and sell the old one to shops like CeX (in the uk) I'm keeping mine as a backup in case Windows 10 is no good.

They devalue a lot in price like cars so can be quite powerful for less money - but no guarantee usually.