Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most people think the next ep is Late Night

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Late night with apartment is best ep ever. I don't like toddlers ... sorry
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    To people that think that toddlers should be patched in. I wanted that too before. Until I realized that toddlers need different kind of furnitures and toys too. I don't think that they would patch all that in for free... :(

Or maybe toddlers and the objects they need (cribs, toys, high chairs, etc) could come as a free pack like the Christmas one from last year.
  • Options
    LbanaLbana Posts: 42 Member
    Apartments, elevators, discos, pubs, less eating time, clubs, Restaurants, cinemas, family night activities, etc
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    I really hope it is a LN-ish pack: Dance Clubs (with actual dancing), new CITY neighborhood (and much more I'm not going to retype), and most importantly APARTMENTS. I think EA knows that apartments are essential for Late Night/Town/City EP. After that (like others said) the traditional EPs (seasons, university, island paradise), then I also think that we should get something completely new for an EP. What that is I have no idea, but it would be really cool for something we've never seen before.
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I want something we've never had for sims before. I want the studio to push the envelope and come up with NEW ideas for how sims can live. I know with the foundation they've set in the base game that it's limiting. They started to think on the right track when they introduced mermaids and having sims go under water for the first time back in ts3. However that idea was poorly executed, even though it was an awesome idea.

I don't want night life, seasons, pets, etc as of right now. Later down the line, of course. But right now I want to see something that has never been in sims before. Thing is, the studio seems to have zero interest in pushing the envelope. They seem to like to stay in their comfort zone now.

If you were in charge, what would you do in the sim that has never been done before?

I'm honestly curious. I see people post this all the time in a very general type way, but then when it happens, the majority hates it - ala In to the Future or whatever it was called in Sims 3 - so I'm really interested in what the vocal minority that doesn't want toddlers or seasons or dating or witches or anything else that came before in the franchise actually would like to see in an expansion?

Honestly?

If I were in charge I would want to create a dime that had actual emotion. A sim that remembered things, reacted to things, engaged in things. A sim that cries for days when losing a loved one, a sim that will crawl into bed for hours when their spouse is caught cheating. A friendly neighbour sim that may come running when they hear a female sim's labour cries. A sim that might randomly clap and gush after being proposed too. A sim that might walk past your house and leave gifts because they have a crush on your sim - the possibilities are endless. At least they were.

I would want to create a sim with depth - not an empty shell. Which is what I think TS4 sims are.

--T
  • Options
    KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    I'd rather have all of them. One Time. This September.
    But then again....the cost for all those EPs like Seasons, Pets, Generations, Late Night, Uni, etc. would probably be the same as ordering a
    fairly decent PC.....so I'll take it in pieces or whatever way EA decides to cut it up and feed it to me. Ultimately it's all going one place anyway.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I want something we've never had for sims before. I want the studio to push the envelope and come up with NEW ideas for how sims can live. I know with the foundation they've set in the base game that it's limiting. They started to think on the right track when they introduced mermaids and having sims go under water for the first time back in ts3. However that idea was poorly executed, even though it was an awesome idea.

I don't want night life, seasons, pets, etc as of right now. Later down the line, of course. But right now I want to see something that has never been in sims before. Thing is, the studio seems to have zero interest in pushing the envelope. They seem to like to stay in their comfort zone now.

If you were in charge, what would you do in the sim that has never been done before?

I'm honestly curious. I see people post this all the time in a very general type way, but then when it happens, the majority hates it - ala In to the Future or whatever it was called in Sims 3 - so I'm really interested in what the vocal minority that doesn't want toddlers or seasons or dating or witches or anything else that came before in the franchise actually would like to see in an expansion?
    It's not that I don't want to see these EPs at all. I do, very much, want to see them in sims 4 eventually. It's just that in my playing experience I think that every time they rehash an EP, it's not as good as the previous.

Honestly I don't know exactly what I want when I say "something different." I don't know what new thing I want in the sims, I just know I don't want to see rehashes of EPs just yet. I just remember playing new sims 2 EPs and being completely blown away by the ideas and concepts put into the game by the studio and thinking "this is so cool, I would have never thought of doing it this way!" Granted, sims 2 was only the second generation of sims so most things were still new.

So I guess, at the heart of it, it's not actually new concepts/ideas I want to see for EPs. I want the studio to take whatever idea they have, even if it's not new, and DO something new with it. Then more importantly, implement it into the game in a way that's not.... lazy.

That makes sense. I would like to see the same thing. :)

Like I said above, I was just curious because I see people make that comment a lot, but there's never anything specific behind it. Then when they do something new, players vote it the worst expansion out of all of them in forum polls all over the internet, so it can be confusing to understand exactly what "something new" means. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Amusement Parks and Carnivals.

But they've done that before in TS1 and (please correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not a TS3'er) the TS3 store/Showtime.

Now if you are saying you want a fleshed out, full on expansion that's dedicated to amusement parks, I can get behind it fully. That would be awesome. But the idea itself has been done multiple times in the Sims and it's not really "something new" like the TS3 "Into the Future" expansion pack, which was mostly brand new functionality and ideas. Thank you for taking time to answer as well :).

I"m talking about fully fleshed out. Sims 1 didn't have the rides like roller coasters,carousels,gondelas,bumper cars etc. It had roller coasters but they didn't work or look like the ones in TS3. That's what I mean. Also I'm hoping for ferris wheels.
  • Options
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Doesn't the game already do "late night" pretty well, in the bars and lounges? Apart from skyscrapers I don't think anything in the late night department is missing from the existing game.
    Dance clubs are missing. We have no dance floors,gobe lights etc and The Grind a dance club and TS3 let sims buy food like hotwings and other stuff.
  • Options
    AM35502 wrote: »
    Hmm... would the new 'cool kitchen stuff pack rumor' help anyone's evaluations? :tongue:
    It would aid resturents if we get to make them. :p
  • Options
    Moonlight.SonataMoonlight.Sonata Posts: 125 Member
    I think it might be. For the Sims 3, it was World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night. For the Sims 4, it has been Outdoor Retreat, and then Get to Work. It makes sense the next thing might be something Late Night related. I don't see them releasing something like World Adventures, since Outdoor Retreat, has taken care of that, even if its only a game pack.
    Creation and Inspiration.
    rsz_1simstories.jpg
    Origin ID: Lunarokz | tumblr: http://lunarokz.tumblr.com/ | Wordpress: https://lunarokz.wordpress.com/
    Blogger: http://lunarokz.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    woodenbear50woodenbear50 Posts: 38 Member
    I would like to create real cabarets with real DJ booth and lights. I absolutely love Nightlife in both Sims 2&3...
  • Options
    I think it might be. For the Sims 3, it was World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night. For the Sims 4, it has been Outdoor Retreat, and then Get to Work. It makes sense the next thing might be something Late Night related. I don't see them releasing something like World Adventures, since Outdoor Retreat, has taken care of that, even if its only a game pack.

Yep in TS4 we've already got Outdoor Retreat Similar to World Adventures and Get To Work similar to Ambitions so hopefully After Dark is next aka Late Night/Date Night. I hope a Late Night Ep is more of a dating expansion like we had in TS2. TS3 Late Night was about Groups and not Dating and didn't offer any new romantic interactions. I want something like Hot Date/Nightlife mixed with the features Late Night had like apartments,dance clubs,etc and more.

Oh and I hope they add actual pool lot types to the next expansion pack. We had pool lot types in TS3.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

It's not that I don't want to see these EPs at all. I do, very much, want to see them in sims 4 eventually. It's just that in my playing experience I think that every time they rehash an EP, it's not as good as the previous.

Honestly I don't know exactly what I want when I say "something different." I don't know what new thing I want in the sims, I just know I don't want to see rehashes of EPs just yet. I just remember playing new sims 2 EPs and being completely blown away by the ideas and concepts put into the game by the studio and thinking "this is so cool, I would have never thought of doing it this way!" Granted, sims 2 was only the second generation of sims so most things were still new.

So I guess, at the heart of it, it's not actually new concepts/ideas I want to see for EPs. I want the studio to take whatever idea they have, even if it's not new, and DO something new with it. Then more importantly, implement it into the game in a way that's not.... lazy.

That makes sense. I would like to see the same thing. :)

Like I said above, I was just curious because I see people make that comment a lot, but there's never anything specific behind it. Then when they do something new, players vote it the worst expansion out of all of them in forum polls all over the internet, so it can be confusing to understand exactly what "something new" means. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Amusement Parks and Carnivals.

But they've done that before in TS1 and (please correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm not a TS3'er) the TS3 store/Showtime.

Now if you are saying you want a fleshed out, full on expansion that's dedicated to amusement parks, I can get behind it fully. That would be awesome. But the idea itself has been done multiple times in the Sims and it's not really "something new" like the TS3 "Into the Future" expansion pack, which was mostly brand new functionality and ideas. Thank you for taking time to answer as well :).

I"m talking about fully fleshed out. Sims 1 didn't have the rides like roller coasters,carousels,gondelas,bumper cars etc. It had roller coasters but they didn't work or look like the ones in TS3. That's what I mean. Also I'm hoping for ferris wheels.
    A theme park would be cool.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    It is really not fair to not have toddlers. Since aging up a sim before its time is so easy, those that don't want it, or if it doesn't fit with the story can skip that stage. But for those of us that DO want it, we will have that option.

As for SP, EP, etc, I personally don't care, as long as we get something. Though I have yet to really do much with Outdoor Retreat. I have only been playing a couple weeks though.
  • Options
    simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    edited July 2015
    Bridgeport was my fave town from TS3 and I miss the city life but I can wait. I'm sure it'll come at some point, given the buildings we can see in the distance. I may try to build my own apartment building now that we have door locks. I'm a slow, slow builder so we'll see!

I do wish my elder Sims had something to do. Working exhausts them so I usually end up making them retire and then...nothing. They're kind of boring to play, TBH. Mine usually just garden and fish LOL. It'd be fun for them to have part-time jobs (like librarian), go to bingo or join a chess club at the park. Maybe a Generations-type pack will address this. Plus, a Generations pack might razz up the children and teens a bit more (sneaking out, after-school clubs, etc.) and add toddlers for all those those who desperately want them.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    the universe is great, so it must be nightlife..
  • Options
    sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    > @lexus20 said:
    > Icewolf wrote: »
    >
    > To people that think that toddlers should be patched in. I wanted that too before. Until I realized that toddlers need different kind of furnitures and toys too. I don't think that they would patch all that in for free... :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Or maybe toddlers and the objects they need (cribs, toys, high chairs, etc) could come as a free pack like the Christmas one from last year.

That would be the most fair way to do toddlers. That way those that didn't want it wouldn't have to bother. But like I keep saying you can age sims as you please. So people that don't want them can just age passed it. Its not fair to those of us that do want them to not have them in the game.
  • Options
    HaraPlaySimsHaraPlaySims Posts: 15 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > simmese wrote: »
    >
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > And I myself think this. I hope Late Night is next or a lot of us are going to be very disappointed. We 'll know in 2 weeks at Gamescom for sure.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Gawd I hope not ... more partying , more talking in bars and more woohoo ... dont we have enough bars/lounges/nightclubs in this game as it is
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > We don't have a dance club plus Late Night is more then clubbing it might include resturents,apartments,movie theaters,cars etc.

I think I'll agree with both of you.
    But tbh I don't want Late Night as the next EP, i don't think we need it right now. We have enough bars/lounges :neutral:
  • Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    I want Beaches AND Vampires!
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I hope so! That'll give me a ton more things to do. Plus I feel like I have no where for my Sim and her boyfriend to go anywhere. Kind of annoying. No restaurants, really? :(
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    Looking back at some previous posts and articles, I kind of agree that I would really enjoy this 'town life' EP, if it were to happen... It seems like something that you could be very interactive with, and something I might spend a lot of time doing with my households. The neighborhood edit tool would also be a big plus on my side. :smile:
  • Options
    AmberEECAmberEEC Posts: 109 Member
    Late Night is a good guess for the next ep seen as we are getting closer to the city. However, have you seen what they have been posting lately on twitter and facebook? Its all weddings and family themed. They did say that they were announcing something big in august- Genertions EP? TODDLERS? idk, this is me just assuming. Alot of people think Pets will be the next EP too because of the mention of them in the description of a GTW camera. I believe pets to be part of the family too though... Who knows? All three are good guesses but we will just have to wait and see :smiley:
    Origin ID: AmberECC
    Simming since the sims 2

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I hope it's Late Night/Nightlife as those have always been one of my favorite Sims EPs. Plus I want restaurants and real clubs with djs and the ability to actually dance with other sims back in my game.