Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Story Challenges: October: So Spooky

Comments

• Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I'm so glad there's a lot of interest in this. @ra3rei I'm sure yours will be great! @aroseinbloom I'm glad you're going to participate too! I can't wait to start. August 1st hurry up!!!
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    I'm so glad there's a lot of interest in this. @ra3rei I'm sure yours will be great! @aroseinbloom I'm glad you're going to participate too! I can't wait to start. August 1st hurry up!!!
    Oh! Maybe we could have a jump-start! Since it's the first month! You know... sort of a celebration?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh! Maybe we could have a jump-start! Since it's the first month! You know... sort of a celebration?
    I second this!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    I second this!

(I wonder if we're a good influence on each other, Joel! Cupcakes! Yay! Later? No, now! )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I would be in favor of starting early! I'm very excited to try this.
    snvAF3B.png
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I second this!

(I wonder if we're a good influence on each other, Joel! Cupcakes! Yay! Later? No, now! )

(Now! I think we're an awesome influence on each other!)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    I second this!

Ok! Cupcakes now. And then a bonfire! And then we'll let the kids run around free-range! :smiley:

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I second this!

Ok! Cupcakes now. And then a bonfire! And then we'll let the kids run around free-range! :smiley:

since when do you eat cupcakes?
    Hmm... I really could announce the theme a little early. There's a pretty solid leader in the poll already. But I'll give it another couple of days before I announce it. I'm going to be really busy tomorrow and at least the first half of the day on Sunday. One of my nephews is staying with us. :) He might play the Sims a little, but I won't have much time for forum stuff while he's here.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    Hmm... I really could announce the theme a little early. There's a pretty solid leader in the poll already. But I'll give it another couple of days before I announce it. I'm going to be really busy tomorrow and at least the first half of the day on Sunday. One of my nephews is staying with us. :) He might play the Sims a little, but I won't have much time for forum stuff while he's here.

Oh, how fun, Carewren! Will he be eating cupcakes and wearing his animal hat? And aren't nieces and nephews the greatest?

I second this!

The cupcakes I eat are purely metaphorical.

• ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member

Mwhahaha make us wait. :) Don't bow to pressure.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    I second this!

The cupcakes I eat are purely metaphorical.

ionly eat cake at my nieces birthdays . this year i had 2 pieces on the same day. but i missed my 2 year old nieces birthday so when mom and i went to my other nieces birthday i got 2 pieces instead of one.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I just had an idea for a prompt! You have to fit a set of words in your story. Like swishy, as in swishy chair. :smirk: :
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Meggles wrote: »
    I just had an idea for a prompt! You have to fit a set of words in your story. Like swishy, as in swishy chair. :smirk: :

I love that idea!!!

Oh, how fun, Carewren! Will he be eating cupcakes and wearing his animal hat? And aren't nieces and nephews the greatest?

They are the best! I don't think we'll have cupcakes, but we may make either cookies or ice cream. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

swishy chairs break don't they.
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member

YES! This is a good one. And to make it harder we can add stuff like 'dinosaur pool float', 'death of a loved one', and 'theft of the engagement ring'!

I think....I may have gone too far. :D

YES! This is a good one. And to make it harder we can add stuff like 'dinosaur pool float', 'death of a loved one', and 'theft of the engagement ring'!

Dinosaur IN a pool float?
    edited July 2015

If you want! ;) I was thinking about dinosaur shaped pool floats, but your idea is better! :D
    Post edited by eXokamikaze on
    Y'all are cracking me up.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

If you want! ;) I was thinking about dinosaur shaped pool float, but your idea is better! :D

I could not find a drawing of that so my dreams are crushed.
    edited July 2015

If you want! ;) I was thinking about dinosaur shaped pool float, but your idea is better! :D

Not anymore!

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/336685/336685,1247743331,4/stock-photo-colorful-dinosaur-ready-for-swimming-33743431.jpg

Edit: Just posted the link, just in case it's too big of an image.

Not anymore!

stock-photo-colorful-dinosaur-ready-for-swimming-33743431.jpg

"You have done the impossible, and that makes you mighty!" *tears of joy*
    I aim to please. ;)
  • AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    Can't wait to participate, about the logo! how about using sims medal icon?
    MedalGold.pngMedalSilver.pngMedalBronze.png

Ahhh!!! Those would be perfect!! I wish I had seen them before I made those banners. I could have used them instead of the ribbons. Oh my goodness now my perfectionist trait is telling me to redo them. I may update them eventually, but I've spent too much time on them the past couple of days as it is, so I'll resist the urge to redo them for now.

No need to redo them, I just read that you need banners and I didn't realize you already did it hehe! I didn't read the next two post hehe!! :blush:
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad