Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Caption Contest - we're up to historic Contest # 30 this week! Come join in!

Comments

• ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    Caption COntest 14:

Caption 1
    Are we late?

Caption 2
    Go back and get me the dark lord

Caption 3
    Is it already Friday the 13th?

Caption 4
    Is this the custom party

Caption 5
    Did we take a wrong turn in the time machine?

Caption 6
    One set of mid-evil couples

Caption 7
    What the world are we doing in this outfit

Caption 8
    Music? What Music?

Caption 9
    Have you seen our cat?
  • ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    Caption 10
    I think I missed one

Caption 11
    What era is this?

Caption 12
    Who let the old ones in?

Caption 13
    Any life fruit here?
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Sunday roundup!

First, to announce the results of the voting in Contest # 13. The voting was close this time, and everybody got a lot of positive recognition. The votes were clear, though, and so I'm happy to announce the winners!

First, THE WINNER of Sims Caption Contest # 13 (for 1,000 SPs):

screenshot_original.jpg

Jerry learned two valuable lessons that night - 1. that hairspray and flaming shots don't mix, and 2. his mother had been right about the importance of wearing clean underwear at all times, just in case...
    by @jbsquared2000

SECOND PLACE (for 500 SPs):
    "I thought it was a casual barbeque."

by @ciane

THIRD PLACE (for 500 SPs):
    He's obviously the hottest guy in the room.

by @5W33TH34RT

Congratulations to all the winners! Let me know what you'd like done with your winnings. Thanks again to all those who submitted, commented, and voted.

Next, entries are closed for Caption Contest # 14 ("the one with the 18th century people"). Finalists have been chosen, and voting is available here. Vote for your favorites through next Saturday, 8/1.

Finally, here's the new screenshot for captioning! Submit and edit as many captions as you like for Sims Caption Contest # 15 through next Saturday, 8/1.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited July 2015
    Caption 15

1) Tommy knew he was an outsider with the group, but the really made him feel like a fish out of water.

2) "Up there! It's a bird, no a plane!"
    "No, it's a shark!"

3) Sharknado has gone too far with its third movie
    Post edited by Hello83433 on
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    edited July 2015
    Some captions for picture no. 15:

Shawn wasn't sure that diving in a shark suit was a good idea.

Little did they knew that Benny was afraid of heights.

The pool isn't big enough for the shark!

"Run! It's a shark!"

Kyle wished he had told his mother that he wants a swimsuit, not a shark suit.

The swimmers obviously didn't want to get into a fight with the local shark.

Dave thought this was the perfect prank to play on his friends.

The only time that you'll get to see what a real pool shark looks like.
    Post edited by CoolBlueJay902 on
  • PixieKicksPixieKicks Posts: 90 Member
    Some captions for #15

Tim was known for his method acting, so it was only natural for him to get into role for his part in the theatre's amateur production of Jaws.

Forget Aquaman, here comes Sharkman!

• 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    Hooray @jbsquared2000 and @ciane! Thank you @Cogitotoro!

I've received so much generosity from fellow simmers lately, I feel the need to follow Mom's advice and "play with the toys you have before you ask for new ones." Please donate my points to other contestants.
  • 2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners this week!

For Caption 15:

Eric's friends should have taken him seriously when he said that he wanted to be a shark when he grew up.

Introducing Sharky, the most sharkiest shark in the sheven sheas!

Coming next summer in the line of blockbuster shark movies: Man-in-a-Shark Suit vs. Casual Swimmers

• Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member

The true definition of jumping the shark.
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Congratulations @ciane and @5W33TH34RT! :smiley: You guys are as hilarious as always!

@Cogitotoro, thank you for once again being so creative with you pictures, giving us such a great platform for our silliness! Would you please spend my prize points in @WaterHornet's wishlist. The link to his list is here: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Waterhornet. Thank you! <3
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Happy, happy me! Thank you for the votes. And congrats to jb and sweetheart too. Who should we spend that 500 sim points on? I'll let you know.

This week: I feel just like a fish out of water.

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    5W33TH34RT wrote: »
    Hooray @jbsquared2000 and @ciane! Thank you @Cogitotoro!

I've received so much generosity from fellow simmers lately, I feel the need to follow Mom's advice and "play with the toys you have before you ask for new ones." Please donate my points to other contestants.

I think I found just where you can spend my sim points:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=5W33TH34RT#
  • VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    Caption for #15:

Candygram.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • 5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited July 2015
  • themostceciliathemostcecilia Posts: 37 New Member

Marvel's latest superhero movie event: Sharkman! His keen senses and razor sharp teeth can combat even the mightiest of villains. (And pools)
    Coming this fall to a theater near you!
  • Contest 15
    ~~~
    Before humans lived, this is what the sharks did.
    SeaWorld needed new acts, and they decided this was the cheapest and best way; a dancing shark on top of a diving board, waiting for people to pay money to watch him dive in.
    "Billy, if you don't jump, I'm going to take your shark suit away!"
    "I'll bet you 50 bucks he doesn't land in the pool."
    When Amanda said she wanted to film a documentary about sharks with her phone, Billy actually thought it would be legit.
    ~~~
    And congrats to all winners!
    tumblr_mpzc14UJGz1sa1o6mo1_500.gif {Song of the month!} "I'll be needing stitches!" {Check out my wall for more info!}
  • friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member

A special :star: CONGRATULATIONS :star: to the winners!!! @sbsquared2000 - you >:) , @ciane and @5W33TH34RT !!!

All, well deserved wins! :smiley:

----

@HBSIMSTER - don't mean to hijack the tread, but I always see you post here, so wanted to Thank You for the "Flutterby Butterfly" badge! That was an unexpected, pleasant surprise! :smiley: I love it - and the message you sent! :smiley:

• lay1010lay1010 Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2015
    1. Ben always wanted to be part of a secret society and now all he had to do was jump.
    2. The Jets initiation has nothing compared to the sharks.
    3."To infinity and beyonddddddddddddddd"
    4. "I just peed in my suit!"
    5. They say 1 in 10 people don't even make it to the ground
    My wishlist Here
    My Thank you Thread is Here
    My Sims 3 page is Here
    My top 5 is Here
    It is so much fun to be here
  • HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2015
    friday027 wrote: »
    A special :star: CONGRATULATIONS :star: to the winners!!! @sbsquared2000 - you >:) , @ciane and @5W33TH34RT !!!

All, well deserved wins! :smiley:

----

@HBSIMSTER - don't mean to hijack the tread, but I always see you post here, so wanted to Thank You for the "Flutterby Butterfly" badge! That was an unexpected, pleasant surprise! :smiley: I love it - and the message you sent! :smiley:

You are very welcome friday27 BIG hugs I'm glad you liked it ... If I see A WL Blank I always Check & see if there might be some " Goodies" Missing :smiley:

And a great BIG congratulatory HUG to all the Winners!! @sbsquared2000,@ciane ...&... @5W33TH34RT !!!
    Great Captions!! I DO LOVE this Contest so!! I've made so many friends in here too!! :smiley:<3<3<3
  • HBSIMSTERHBSIMSTER Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2015
    Contest # 15
    1) Jerry thought that by donning "The Shark Suit" it would give him the courage he lacked!!

2) Come ON JUMP!!! Don't worry, if you miss the pool, we'll catch ya!!!

3) Are you sure this is a cure for the hiccups??
    Post edited by HBSIMSTER on
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Contest #15
    We're watching you. Pay back your loans.
    Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime. Make a man a fish and he'll feed on you. Lesson learned.
    Remember: Fish Are friends. Not food.
    This stunt would have gone a whole lot better if the pool had actually been filled
  • 2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    Thank you @5W33TH34RT and @Cogitotoro for the gift!
  • shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    Thank you @5W33TH34RT and @Cogitotoro!! :)
  • SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    Ohhh I wanna try:

1) "After the superbowl ended, The left shark had to make a living somehow..."

2) *Sim in the floor shouting* HEY BRO, SHARKS ARE MEANT TO JUMP FROM BELOW THE WATER, NOT ABOVE IT!

3) "And on that day, Tony learned that his shark suit didnt give him superpowers"
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    @jbsquared2000 thank you so much for having your prize winnings gifted to me! I wasn't even aware I was nominated! I really can't thank you enough. The Sims 3 community continually blows my my every single week. The generosity and friendliness of the player base makes this game so worthwhile to invest our time into. Can't say the same level of camaraderie is happening over at The Sims 4 side of the forums.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top