March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bekkasan Designs

bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
edited November 2015 in The Sims 3 Builders
This is the story of Bekkasan Designs. I was lucky enough to find the DD thread not long after I joined the forums. Many of the DD thread members were avid builders and very encouraging to a new builder. They encouraged me to build and share my builds and I did place a few on the exchange. I continued building and some I placed on the exchange and others I just use in my games. I decided I needed a place to put my builds and the stories behind the builds. I hope you enjoy.

Bekkasan Sims was created as an avatar and never got to play in the game. I decided that had to change and she has started her architectural design career. She will help me share the builds with you. My current avatar is Bekkasan regressed to toddler age in support of toddlers in Sims4.

My first build was a remake of Frome's Cottage in University Life. I had my Sims live in dorms for the first semester, but, much preferred having a home of their own for the rest of the uni time. This is the link of the original exchange version. I had just bought the One With Nature set and wanted to use it and combined with a few other things I redid the cottage. I did not realize when I did this build that CAP was considered CC so it does have CAP patterns in it.

This is Bekkasan Sims who is the creator for Bekkasan Designs.
18143349588_1393d46eb6_z.jpg

Bekkasan hard at work creating a new design for a client.
18304728096_d82b987703_z.jpg

link to Frome's Cottage

link to Amelia Wedding Garden

link to Jakob's Toy Box

PS: edited to add the pics and the links otherwise the site would not let me start discussion.
Post edited by bekkasan on

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm building a small world using @flstrider's Cheverly world as the base. It is a partially empty world that you can create a small world of your own. I needed a home for Bekkasan as this will be her world and her story. I chose to use Frome's Cottage as her starter home and added an addition for her office.
    17402245454_57dd97ea16_z.jpg

Larger view of the office and if the willow tree in the back was not there you would see the ocean. She is just a block or so away from the beach.
    18305533026_54a43d7348_z.jpg

The cottage is one bedroom only and the bedspread is one of the CAP items.
    18025654641_67a484705e_z.jpg

I had to rearrange the living room a bit to place the addition and just used an archway to the office space, rather than a door.
    17404299633_ebd199b67a_z.jpg

Small kitchen area. The strawberry wallpaper is another of the CAP items.
    17404298723_79a699640e_z.jpg
    This is the laundry part of the bathroom. The other side has one of the all in one toilets. Did I mention that I like color? Yep...I like colors.
    17402235524_e324dcef57_z.jpg

The dining room is also the entry area. It is a cozy cottage.
    18144704578_eef649dcb6_z.jpg

Small back garden area with pond and fairy home and garden seat. The original sim that I had in the cottage was a fairy so she had to have her fairy house in the garden.
    18328712542_a6ca13dc18_z.jpg

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the changes in Frome's Cottage and the second version has not been uploaded to the exchange as I do have the CAP in them. I was going to try to make a CAP free version, but have just not got around to it yet.

PS: edited to add the CAP items quilt block ruthsummers used on bed. strawberrys j8k9 used in the kitchen I think that was all the CAP in this one.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    Looks like your Simmie is starting out in a fun and unique house, I like it! :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Bekkassan is very pretty! :) Frome's Cottage is a very nice home! It looks very nice how you have used the tree sculptures on the front and side porches! The front steps entrance to the home looks nice. The yellow flowers look very pretty either sides of the steps and along the edges of the home. Nice sitting area on the front porch for sims to rest on the wheel chair, enjoying the outdoors views. Very nice nature themed furnishing of the home! It looks very nice! The office and art studio is very nice! She would enjoy sketching on the drafting table and painting on the easel there, with sunshine coming in through the windows. The hanging baskets are nice touches of nature there. The blossom wallpaper adds to the nice look of the room. Her bedroom is very nice! The purple, green and yellow colour scheme of the room lloks very nice. The type of curtains that you have used looks nice. The tree prints on the bedhead and side walls look nice and it looks nice how you have draped the curtains over the bedhead. The coloured floor rugs complements well with the nice furnishing of the room. Very nice living room! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the sofas, watching TV and chatting. The pictures are a nice touch on the wall. The recolouring of the curtains looks very nice. Very nice design of the kitchen! The bar stool counter is nice for sims to sit at and enjoy eating a meal. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst preparing meals. The green and white chequered wall pattern in the bathroom looks nice! The type of dining seats that you have used for sims to enjoy sitting and dining on look nice. The nature theme of seating, dining table, ceiling lights, curtains and wall pattern all look very nice together. The water lily lights in the outdoors pond look very pretty! It is nice that you have placed a chair there for sims to enjoy sitting in the sunshine and enjoying the restful setting of the pond, trees and flowers.
    The home is very nice :)
    Thank you @MeaganJo :)

@rosemow Thank you so much for your comments. I've read your comments on others and your detail is wonderful. I've actually read your comments and realized 'oh, I didn't see that and will go back to the pics for another look at the build' Your eye for detail is incredible, so I really appreciate your comments on my build.
  • littlebirdielittlebirdie Posts: 38 Member
    that house is really cute! i love the art room! <3333 reminds me of a room in my real life house! :3
    @littlebirdie Thanks very much and I hope you are enjoying the Sims. I see you are a new member on the forum.
  • littlebirdielittlebirdie Posts: 38 Member
    @bekkasan Oh yes, I am, thank you! I've played sims a long time ago but took a break and now I'm back! ^_^
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I'm building a small world using @flstrider's Cheverly world as the base. It is a partially empty world that you can create a small world of your own. I needed a home for Bekkasan as this will be her world and her story. I chose to use Frome's Cottage as her starter home and added an addition for her office.
    17402245454_57dd97ea16_z.jpg

Larger view of the office and if the willow tree in the back was not there you would see the ocean. She is just a block or so away from the beach.
    18305533026_54a43d7348_z.jpg

The cottage is one bedroom only and the bedspread is one of the CAP items.
    18025654641_67a484705e_z.jpg

I had to rearrange the living room a bit to place the addition and just used an archway to the office space, rather than a door.
    17404299633_ebd199b67a_z.jpg

Small kitchen area. The strawberry wallpaper is another of the CAP items.
    17404298723_79a699640e_z.jpg
    This is the laundry part of the bathroom. The other side has one of the all in one toilets. Did I mention that I like color? Yep...I like colors.
    17402235524_e324dcef57_z.jpg

The dining room is also the entry area. It is a cozy cottage.
    18144704578_eef649dcb6_z.jpg

Small back garden area with pond and fairy home and garden seat. The original sim that I had in the cottage was a fairy so she had to have her fairy house in the garden.
    18328712542_a6ca13dc18_z.jpg

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the changes in Frome's Cottage and the second version has not been uploaded to the exchange as I do have the CAP in them. I was going to try to make a CAP free version, but have just not got around to it yet.

PS: edited to add the CAP items quilt block ruthsummers used on bed. strawberrys j8k9 used in the kitchen I think that was all the CAP in this one.

I love that cottage! It's the kind of thing you'd see in a fairytale book :)
    @littlebirdie welcome back :)

@jessicasimston Thanks! When I redid it the sim I had move in was a fairy so your comment is very special :) My bekkasan is elven so she loves the nature look too. :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    This cottage is really wonderful and different, in a good way! So creative and love your use of the items in the curious set (can't think of it's official name). Rec'd and will download if I can ever get my game sorted. :)
    edited July 2015
    This is Amelia Wedding Garden. It was the second build that I shared on the exchange. I've updated it just a bit. I moved a few tables around and changed a couple of patterns. They may have been CAP on the first build as they had turned to that bright white that the game chooses if you don't have the pattern when I put it in my own game recently. I have a few new pics of the venue and hope that you enjoy. This version is CAP free and no CC.

Here is the link to the download if anyone is interested and I'm also putting it in the first post as well.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8703033

I sent Bekkasan in to work on the changes so she could get some credit on her architecture stats. While she was exploring the fellow in the background showed up and started laughing and heckling the chairs. Ok, I was going to change them from the bright white anyway. ;)
    19398180320_e5ca98fdd2_c.jpg

She decided to sit and make some sketches and ignore the heckler :)
    18963575104_ae42179aa7_z.jpg

Bekkasan used a soft pink to accent the decorations and the chairs, and chose a new fabric for the seating at the front. I hope she is not contemplating her wedding yet. Not sure I am ready for that. :)
    19398176720_b10cba5ed8_z.jpg

Overview shot as dusk approaches.
    19590449411_d509ac51ea_z.jpg

Night view and I see another lady sitting in the pews. I hope she is considering renting the venue for her wedding.
    18963570834_d8dd14d532_z.jpg
    Amelia Wedding Garden is such a very pretty venue for sims to enjoy getting married at! :) The layout of the build is very nice! The picture of the wedding arch ceremony area at night time with the starry skies looks so pretty! The marriage ceremony area is very nice! It looks very nice how you have set up the seats there for the wedding guests to enjoy sitting there watching the ceremony. The type of seating looks very nice and suits the type of venue well. The flowers and greenery trellis over the top of the area looks very nice! The flowers on the pedestals look nice how you have placed them on the edges of the area. The sofa seat sitting area is nice. Very nice round dining tables area for sims to enjoy sitting there eating a meal from the buffet table at the reception. The pink bow themed seating looks nice. The stone fencing that you have used in the build looks nice. The cupcake stand on the separate round table next to the buffet table looks niceThe angel and harp sculpture is a nice touch in the build.
    It is a very nice outdoors wedding garden build :)
    Thank you @rosemow for your comments. I love the night weddings the best at this venue :)
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    How cute, Bekkasan! I loved all your pictures! Great thread!
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited July 2015
    What an adorable little wedding garden! Woot and I was able to get a rec in!
    Thank you @MeaganJo and thanks for the rec too :)
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @littlebirdie :star: Welcome To The Forums :star: Your avatar is adorable! <3

Oh @bekkasan, bekkasan, bekkasan :pensive: How is it that you find so many ways to disappoint me :cry: Here I was coming to mock and ridicule you fairly and justly critique you :* And instead I find a house that uses the theme of nature wonderfully with some very pretty blues and light woods :worried: And beautiful floral canopies in an ever so romantic and gorgeously photographed wedding venue :bawling:

Why would you ruin my day by being so darn talented!? :weary:

P.S I only rec'd it to spite you :*
    @AlphaFen I am graced with your presence and humbled with your praise, although I did have to search for it. :/ I am very happy to disappoint you today. :) Your comments warm my heart and I feel that I am truly close to being forgiven for misspelling your name. o:)

Perhaps I will make you a small token of my allegiance to your realm and all will be forgiven. A castle for mylady with moat and cow plants to ensnare your enemies, a dungeon to throw them in if they survive. >:)

Don't hold your breath as I am a slow builder. Just ask @Anettesb as she is patiently awaiting her store. :*
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    steady builder... with great ideas... better take the time and do it well than rush it... and your so sweet to post wips
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Thank you @anettesb for your sweet comment and allowing me to help in building your world. I learned a lot making this toy store....how to build dormers and use the season orb as well as deal with that cranky exchange not wanting me to upload the first store...so I learned patience too. :)

20119958436_f1619ca528_z.jpg

Bekkasan Designs presents Jakob's Toy Box . A dream store for your children. It is chock full of all the fun and imaginative toys that your sim kids could want. Bring them with you and they can play on and choose their favorite toys while you enjoy a cup of tea upstairs in the play area or relax and practice chess while they play. There is a nice selection of children and nursery furniture as well as toys. Make sure you come back each season as there will be new toys added for each season. Some of the items are from the showtime that are locked. (there is a mod to unlock if you haven't done the showtime stuff)

The basement is the toymaker shop with all the equipment needed to design toys and produce them for sell.

No CC, or CAP used. One flower spawner used for spring season. The seasonal orb is located on the left over the plants if you need to make seasonal changes.

20151775561_a339274f8b_z.jpg

19763091270_17600b3d44_z.jpg

19328457594_049b7aa4c4_z.jpg

19330131163_83279c08b1_z.jpg

19763100700_f8537b53d3_z.jpg

19924873296_83549ccbf8_z.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    it looks so great in game
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    Jakob's Toy Store is so very nice! :) Very nice design of the exterior and very nice furnishing and layout of the interior! The dormers are very nice! The roof structures on the top of the roof look very nice there.It is very nice that the toys change with each new season! It will be a store that sims will enjoy visiting all throughout the year! Kids will have fun playing on the outdoors playground equipment and sandpit. The cupcake themed fencing and gate looks great! It looks very nice how you have set up the items in the areas of the interior! The different types of clocks on one of the walls looks nice. The different coloured pandas and octopuses on the shelves behind the register counter looks nice. It looks nice how you have set up the areas with the variety of activity tables, rocking horses and dollhouses for sale. The animal themed seats in the room areas looks cute ! The spooky day and Chrismas themed window alcoves look very nice!
    It is a very nice toy shop! :)
    @rosemow Thank you so much for your checking it out. I appreciate your comments very much :)