Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge!! - updated 24th May

MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
edited February 20 in Nominated Threads
Hi everyone! My name is MayaRose and I’ve been playing sims for nearly 18 months, quite obsessively at times! I have experimented with challenges but always done them my way, and this one is no exception.

It started when I read @SilentWolf101’s Generational Challenge. One of the challenges is to use the cheat ‘Add a Sim’ while doing the day-care career and ‘adopt’ the toddlers that arrive at the sim’s house. My mind immediately started turning over all the possibilities that this could lead to and I decided to set myself a challenge and see how far I can get before either my game file stops working, I get bored with it, or I reach 100 children :) Hence the name: The (hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge.

These are the rules I’m following:
1) Any children/toddlers who go to the house can be adopted, regardless of whether they have existing family. Paper boys and girls are included this but I will probably not have too many of these because I think the house will fill up quickly enough with the toddlers.
2) If the university mascots turn up and don’t go home after 5 hours, they can be de-aged and added to the household so long as there’s room :)
3) Each toddler must master potty training, walking, talking, the peg box and xylophone, plus read at least five books before aging up.
4) Each child (writing, logic/potions/chess, painting, fishing, inventing) and teen (all the others) must master one skill, plus get on the honour roll before aging up.
5) Kids will get random rolls for their traits with a few exceptions if they show interest in certain things (ie. A child who always goes to the swimming pool in their free time could get Loves To Swim).
6). As I am starting this challenge with a couple, any biological children they have aren’t counted in the 100 children.
7). I'm not doing 'learn to drive' for the teens because my household doesn't own a car!

The story shall be told in journal style (at least to start with), and anything in brackets and italics (like this) is my comment about any difficulties I had. There have been a couple of things that I’ve experienced so far that anyone else considering doing this challenge should know. These chapters will therefore be shorter - at least to start with, as I didn’t take a heap of pics as I wasn’t sure this was going to work. I'm not experienced in writing stories in this format, so hopefully this will be entertaining :)

The house I am using is the Olympian Physique venue refitted as a house. It is so far working very well and routing is pretty good.

These are the pages you can find each chapter on:
Page 1 - Entry 1, Entry 2
Page 2 - Entry 3, Entry 4
Page 3 - Entry 5, Entry 6, Entry 7
Page 4 - Entry 8, Entry 9, Entry 10, Entry 11, Entry 12
Page 5 - Entry 13
Page 6 - Entry 14, Entry 15, Entry 16, Entry 17
Page 7 - Entry 18, Entry 19
Page 8 - Entry 20, Entry 21, Entry 22, Entry 23, Entry 24
Page 10 - Entry 25, Entry 26 part 1 & 2, Entry 27
Page 11 - Entry 28

Downloads from the challenge: (please let me know if there's any bad cc attached to the sims and I'll reupload them)
Also, if you use any of my sims in your games, I would love to see them! Post a link or share a picture of what they're doing!!
Orphanage - requires Olympic Physique venue from the Store
Letizia Rainbow
Liam Rainbow
Justice Rainbow - toddler
Evelyn Kwon
Tessa Quarles
Luke Summers - teen
Jude Singleton
Arthur Singleton
Riana Gardener
London Schell
Paris Schell
Josiah Marvin
Rosie Marvin
Hope Rainbow
Faith Rainbow
Ocean Blossom
Marina Blossom
Skye O'Reilly
Reed Riverhawk
Artemis Shore
Stefanie Crouch
Sunni Day
Sasha Traylor
Hunter Traylor
Dusty Bernstein
Peppermint Cane
Candy Cane
Noble Rainbow
Loyal Rainbow
Constance Rainbow
Patience Rainbow
Clarity Rainbow
Valiant Rainbow
Terence Colby
Chloe Winterly

Requested or necessary links to cc items:
1-tile cribs
Liam's skin colour (that may affect any of his children)
Apple Crumble (male)

Advice for anyone planning to do this challenge:
1. Have plenty of space for beds, bathrooms, and hobbies. You'll need it!
2. If you adopt all the existing toddlers in the town, the game will keep generating homeless twins to send to you.
3. DO NOT adopt the paper boys or girls through 'add a sim'! (See Entry 2). It gave me a couple of major glitches that it took time to fix. My advice is to save the sim in CAS, then go into Edit Town and add him/her through the household system. It may take a little time but it is worth not having the glitches to do it quickly!
4. Have the Master Controller mod so that you can send the kids to school even when it tells you that school isn't in session. I'm so glad I found that little function!!
5. Don't let your sim get above level 3 in day care because the toddlers stop coming and you mainly get children after school. Use cheats to reduce the level if necessary.
6. Don't have mermaids!!! They are very hard to keep track of and keep hydrated in a household of 20!!
7. Be prepared to move towns around the 30 sim mark; adopting through mods doesn't help the game run smoothly after a while.
8. After aging up the toddlers, it's a good idea to go into Edit Town, take them out of the household, then put them back in again. This eliminates the glitch where they won't go to school on their own.

I’ll add things to this post if anything comes up. Feel free to leave comments (positive ones are the best!) and I hope you all enjoy :) And if you want any of the sims, let me know and I'll try to upload them for you!

New link (with pics) here: https://mayarose1138.livejournal.com/1969.html
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Entry 1: (Children #1&2)

Dear Journal, I can’t believe we’re here! It’s a long way from Dragon Valley to Aurora Skies but already I’m loving the town. It’s so pretty here, and the house is huge!
    Screenshot-331_zpsljxw7umz.jpg

Oh, I should introduce myself. My name is Letizia Rainbow and the picture below is my official one for my new job.
    Screenshot-329_zpsxhgyw4cf.jpg

I, along with my husband Liam, will be running Aurora Skies’ orphanage.
    Screenshot-330_zpsvflwmm22.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the orphanage. There’s plenty of room on the ground floor, with a large kitchen/dining room, living area, and even a little nook for budding artists. And an extra bathroom for when things get busy :)
    Screenshot-334_zpszxvje06p.jpg

The next floor has the master bedroom, a music room, nursery, play and study areas, and a room for other science and artistic pursuits.
    Screenshot-335_zpsnovam0tb.jpg

And the second floor has the bedrooms. It could get quite busy if we fill all those beds but that should be a while off yet.
    Screenshot-336_zpsftmcogra.jpg

I enjoy writing and painting, and will be pursuing those when I have the time. Liam has an interest in sculpting, so that will take up his time when he’s not helping with the children.
    Screenshot-333_zpsowb78qzu.jpg

Screenshot-332_zpsdtnr387u.jpg

Being a newly married couple, we also have... other interests :)
    Screenshot-340_zpsxaunfiev.jpg

Here is us having our first meal in the new house. It’s hard to imagine that soon, all those seats will be filled with children and teenagers.
    Screenshot-339_zpsd38lmo5b.jpg

We didn’t have long to wait until our first toddlers arrived. This is Tessa Quarles, who is absent-minded and a light sleeper. Her favourite colour is pink, which is nice.
    Screenshot-342_zpsm3qm59en.jpg

Minzi Cho arrived with her. She is a genius and heavy sleeper, and her favourite colour is mauve.
    Screenshot-345_zps9ivxn6o3.jpg

They both like the peg box. And the xylophone, and anything else that makes noise!!
    Screenshot-346_zpso51xue0t.jpg

Before we know it, they’ll be walking and talking, which means we’ll be constantly chasing after them :) So it’s a relief when they go to sleep at night!
    Screenshot-347_zpst6okyrg9.jpg

Screenshot-348_zps1phjpb6w.jpg

They just love cuddles too!
    Screenshot-343_zps0grbevgy.jpg

Screenshot-344_zpsumvzhu5g.jpg

That’s it for now, journal. See you soon!
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    cool how could you afford it
    msbeckycat wrote: »

The house? I cheated :) They were running an orphanage, they needed something big to start with!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

The house? I cheated :) They were running an orphanage, they needed something big to start with!

I would ad simloans as a paycheck every week.... it's their job after all... they schouldn't have to work to be able to aford running an orphanage

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the mention so other people could see the challenge. :) Good luck on your endeavor! :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • DaynaGailDaynaGail Posts: 60 Member
    Can't wait to see your legacy grow! It's gonna be sooooo cool!
    qa2jelcs80ft.jpg
    edited July 2015
    anettesb wrote: »

I would ad simloans as a paycheck every week.... it's their job after all... they schouldn't have to work to be able to aford running an orphanage

Oh, that's a point... I never thought of that. What's a good salary for running an orphanage? A thousand a week?
    Awesome! Thanks for the mention so other people could see the challenge. :) Good luck on your endeavor! :3

You're welcome :) And thank you - I'm hoping its going to go well too.
    DaynaGail wrote: »
    Can't wait to see your legacy grow! It's gonna be sooooo cool!

Thank you! I'm hoping so too :). It might not be as detailed as many other authors out there but at least it's something that hasn't been done before (that I know of, anyway!)

The next installment should hopefully be up tomorrow!
    hmm you could get her the no bill reward.... or but see her first bill and give her 3 times as much (then there is money to run it for)
    or make it 1000 as a base
    and some extra pr childe + a bonus if a childe grow up well (you can pic traits) though that be more challenging if you can't control the kids....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    hmm you could get her the no bill reward.... or but see her first bill and give her 3 times as much (then there is money to run it for)
    and some extra pr childe + a bonus if a childe grow up well (you can pic traits) though that be more challenging if you can't control the kids....

The no bill reward sounds good as, being a big house, it's something like $1,500, I think. I am controlling all the kids to a certain extent, and in-game, currently have 14 sims in the household, so it's rather busy :). I do give them free reign at times but I make sure that they skill in something and that they always do their homework. I decided to do random traits for most because otherwise I'll just end up giving them the same kind, and the few that show an interest in something (ie. athletics, painting) then ill try and gear their next trait towards that. I have never played with evil or insane sims and don't really want to yet but at some point, I'll have no choice :)

I take it that the no bill thing is a lifetime reward? I may have to cheat a little with their points to get it, depending on how much it is.

The no bill reward sounds good as, being a big house, it's something like $1,500, I think. I am controlling all the kids to a certain extent, and in-game, currently have 14 sims in the household, so it's rather busy :). I do give them free reign at times but I make sure that they skill in something and that they always do their homework. I decided to do random traits for most because otherwise I'll just end up giving them the same kind, and the few that show an interest in something (ie. athletics, painting) then ill try and gear their next trait towards that. I have never played with evil or insane sims and don't really want to yet but at some point, I'll have no choice :)

I take it that the no bill thing is a lifetime reward? I may have to cheat a little with their points to get it, depending on how much it is.

it is a reward yes

well I just said a bonus when you can pick.... not that you had to pick

14 sims... pew

edited July 2015
    #Entry 2: (Children #3-7)

I’m back again! Things haven’t been too hectic around here with only two children but that’s all about to change. I got a call a few months ago that we were getting three new arrivals.

First, twins Jude and Arthur Singleton, who look identical except for hair colours and slightly different coloured green eyes. Jude (first pic) is grumpy and a couch potato, while Arthur is a light sleep and also a couch potato.
    Screenshot-349_zpsie7boogq.jpg

Screenshot-350_zpsw9pku31t.jpg

Next was Evelyn Kwon, who is a little older than the twins. She is a night owl, a computer whiz, and loves the heat. She also tells me her favourite colour is dark blue.
    Screenshot-351_zps6clvfxll.jpg

Evelyn immediately settled in, chatting with both Liam and I.
    Screenshot-352_zpsz4h00bfd.jpg

Screenshot-358_zpssx7govpf.jpg

Then Liam and I set about teaching Jude and Arthur the important skills of life :)
    Screenshot-353_zpsamcf8awc.jpg

Screenshot-354_zps0yp3fulz.jpg

Screenshot-355_zpsg9xdxugl.jpg

Tessa and Minzi are getting along well, and love the doll’s house!
    Screenshot-359_zpst1migewh.jpg

Like the girls before them, the boys love the noisy toys, while the girls have moved onto the books.
    Screenshot-356_zpsf1dak6rk.jpg

Here are Liam, Evelyn and I having fish’n’chips together. I’m learning a lot about cooking, and eventually I’m going to have to learn to do everything in larger quantities!! But for now it’s kind of nice cooking for only three :)
    Screenshot-357_zpsfqpz8h4q.jpg

Evelyn is a good helper, putting dishes away and emptying the trash or the potties. If she keeps this up, she’ll grow into a wonderful woman.
    She is really smart, enjoying spending time playing chess.
    Screenshot-360_zps2xeszgei.jpg

Our next arrivals, just recently, are another set of boy twins. I was asked, back when I interviewed for this job, whether I would be comfortable in having multiples such as twins or triplets in my orphanage, and I said yes. Obviously, they took this to heart :)

London (with orange hair) is a loner and artistic, while his brother Paris (look at those purple eyes; they’re gorgeous!) is the opposite - friendly and a slob. Their favourite colours are yellow and purple respectively.
    Screenshot-361_zpsshoyuzny.jpg

Screenshot-362_zpsqjye6xdf.jpg

No time was wasted getting them to learn their skills so that they could interact better with their siblings.
    Screenshot-363_zpsmxu3w14e.jpg

Liam is a big help; he’s an early riser and often gets up before me to get the toddlers ready for the day and just spending time with them.
    Screenshot-364_zpsbzw8rnfr.jpg

And here’s my achievement for the year - getting all six toddlers asleep at the same time and staying asleep through the night! I can’t believe we managed it :)
    Screenshot-365_zps5wzo8thu.jpg

So that's all for now! I'll be back, journal, when I have more news!!

(I should point out here that Letizia and Liam are a very amorous couple! It seems like every time I don’t control them, they’re off woohooing, even in the middle of the day! Very fortunately, I don't have autonomous try for baby on or they would be pregnant several times over by now!

This chapter is where I experienced major glitches. Evelyn was a paper girl and the game obviously didn’t like me adding her to the household. It disrupted the icons, a problem that wasn’t fixed until I saved, went back to the main menu and then reloaded the file. It also messed with the school system, as I found out the next day, not allowing me to send Evelyn to school. I eventually fixed this by evicting the household and then putting them back in. I found a way around it, which I've mentioned in the 'advice' section of my first post.)

Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • DaynaGailDaynaGail Posts: 60 Member
    Love it! All the kids are so freaking adorable!!!!
    qa2jelcs80ft.jpg
    DaynaGail wrote: »
    Love it! All the kids are so freaking adorable!!!!

They are, aren't they? It's like all the homeless kids have to be good-looking toddlers!

it is a reward yes

well I just said a bonus when you can pick.... not that you had to pick

14 sims... pew

Checking up, that no bill reward is with World Adventures, Nd I don't have that. So I guess I'll have to work out that salary thing!
    Question: When Letizia and Liam have children of their own, should those kids have separate bedrooms to the orphans or should they share??
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    Question: When Letizia and Liam have children of their own, should those kids have separate bedrooms to the orphans or should they share??

Don't give them special treatment. The other kids will get jealous!
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
    I say share.
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)

Don't give them special treatment. The other kids will get jealous!
    I say share.

Overwhelming support for sharing :). Okay then. I'll make sure I have plenty of room in the rooms for those kids as well as the 'orphans'.
    If I were in that situation in real life, I'd have my kids share the rooms as well, or else EVERY child gets their own room...
    If I were in that situation in real life, I'd have my kids share the rooms as well, or else EVERY child gets their own room...

yea

if posible I would like to give them all their own room... and in Denmark they often do.
    or atleast have max 3 kids pr room.
    edited July 2015

yea

if posible I would like to give them all their own room... and in Denmark they often do.

I don't have enough room to do that. The rooms would be so small that they would be like prison cells. I might do another house at some point during the challenge but at the moment, I can fit six bunks in each bedroom but they're too small to divide. But it would be a nice idea :)

yea

I don't have enough room to do that. The rooms would be so small that they would be like prison cells. I might do another house at some point during the challenge but at the moment, I can fit six bunks in each bedroom but they're too small to divide. But it would be a nice idea :)

yea I can see that
    it would make it posible to personelize the rooms though

Entry #3: (Children #8&9)

Wow, time really flies! It doesn’t seem that long at all since we started working here, and now we’ve welcomed another set of twins! Josiah and Rosie Marvin arrived some time ago and have settled in well. Josiah is clumsy - he keeps falling over - but perceptive, with a favourite colour of blue, while I can already tell Rosie is athletic by the way she runs everywhere, as well as a virtuoso due to her tunes on the xylophone, with her favourite colour being white. Each of those sets of traits is going to be interesting :)
    Screenshot-366_zpsxdygxwc5.jpg

Screenshot-367_zpsj2korg59.jpg

Screenshot-369_zpsxxolvshu.jpg

Evelyn is very good with the toddlers. Here she is playing with Tessa.
    Screenshot-370_zpsqp0jlo9q.jpg

She doesn't like homework much though!
    Screenshot-368_zpso2hfdt6f.jpg

And before we knew it, it was time for Tessa and Minzi to age into children. I can’t believe so much time has gone by since they first arrived at the orphanage!

Tessa is already acting like a little star-in-the-making.
    Screenshot-372_zpsdpn6zgsq.jpg

Minzi loves the outdoors, and I have the feeling that she could be secretly athletic as well as she loves running around and swimming.
    Screenshot-371_zpsqz2x0via.jpg

Now that the girls are older, they can all play together properly. They enjoy the blocks table a lot!
    Screenshot-373_zps8gsypf9h.jpg

Tessa also enjoys painting, while Minzi and Evelyn love playing with the chemistry set. So long as they don’t set fire to anything, I am happy that they’re happy!
    Screenshot-374_zpsugxvfj7m.jpg

Screenshot-389_zpse1dqlpf8.jpg

Not too long after that happened, I discovered that I was pregnant! Liam and I haven’t really been trying since we have a lot of children to deal with on a daily basis but we’re both really excited. I can’t wait to see what we have!
    Screenshot-376_zpszrkjdoam.jpg

The next big event at our house was Jude and Arthur’s birthdays! They were very hungry toddlers so I wasn’t totally surprised to see that they weren’t skinny any more :)

Jude is already learning to read and write, so I think he’s somewhat of a genius.
    Screenshot-377_zps5bdmqyiw.jpg

Arthur loves making friends with everyone he meets so he should be quite a popular boy at school so long as he doesn’t get bullied about his weight.
    Screenshot-378_zpsuo8wljbx.jpg

All the children are starting to grow up! Things are going to get very busy from now on! No wonder I don’t have much time to write here :) But I wouldn't trade this for the world!
    Screenshot-379_zps3qqaze6y.jpg

Another question: I have nineteen sims in the household. I played up until Thursday morning when two more children arrived. They were two of a set of quads. Fortunately, I saved earlier that day so I quit without saving while I try to work things out. I seriously don't know what to do. I think my options are:
    1). Get Letizia to quit her job before Thursday morning so we don't have any more kids coming in until the older ones leave.
    2). Add the two toddlers and then have Letizia quit.
    3). Add all the quads and then have Letizia quit.

I know it's essentially up to me but I'd love some advice!!
    start only adding necklected children (picked up to late with no word from the parents, allways comming in starwing and dirty) or take a vacation until you have room in the house again

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top