Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unusual History of Tribe Arayeo (Chapter 59 06/18)

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Hmm...this is getting good! :)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    edited July 2015
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    The Harry Potter reference was not lost on me :D

Great, someone noticed :D I really wanted this quote to be in the chapter. I found it so emotional in the books.

Thank you all for reading, glad you enjoyed it :) Next update will be a bit more light-hearted
    Hmm...this is getting good! :)

Thanks ^^ I suppose you're referring to the prophecy?
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Aww that was such an emotional and well done update! I loved it! I'm so glad Daiko ultimately got to tell Baato how he feels - hope Baato won't get into trouble though!

Poor Raala, she's not been too happy ever since she joined the tribe..
    edited July 2015
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Poor Raala, she's not been too happy ever since she joined the tribe..

That's true. But there is more coming here way whether its good or bad I won't say :) But she has a purpose in my story.

edited July 2015
    Chapter 11 - Twice the cake

The next day is special. It's Manika's Birthday!
    "Mother, when can we start the birthday party?", Manika asks.
    "Don't hurry, my darling. And it's my birthday, too, remember."

10yj8ts.png

"Awesome!", Manika cheers, "Then we get twice the cake!"
    Zaleena smiles at her daughters enthusiasm.

2zzu5py.png

"I already have such a good plan", Manika explains, "I will lure the slaves away from the cake and then... eat it all myself!"
    Zaleena laughs.
    "The slaves don't get any cake, silly. There will be enough for you, be sure."

Shortly after, Zaleena's birthday party begins first.

4tn1j8.png

Despite the bad dealings from yesterday night, everyone is in a good mood right now and celebrates Zaleena's aging up. She has not forgotten about her duties, but tonight would not be the night to get through with them.

293j8cy.png

Zaleena is not scared by her getting older. She has produced a beautiful heiress and even when her time as creator will be done, she still has a wonderful tribe and a legacy to look upon. She also knew, death would not be the end of seeing her family, as Daiko was the best example for.

After Zaleena's party, everyone joins in to cheer for Manika.
    "Can I have some cake now, mother?"
    "Just a second, sweetie, blow out the candles first."

125gm4g.png

The little girl blows out the candles...

11i0cvo.png

...and ages up into a beautiful teen! What a Creator she will be, Zaleena thinks.

4iiw0o.png

In the evening, its time to have a bit of fun after this double birthday. Even Grim Reaper joins in. He loves birthdays, especially double ones. With each year, sims get older, they get closer to being ripe for reaping. Awesome!, Grimmy thinks.

2hx8604.png

"Sooo, Manika...", he says in his grimmy voice, "To celebrate your birthday, don't you want to attempt some unskilled cooking? I heard it's totally safe."
    Manika just laughs.
    "I can't cook for toffee, Grim, and you know it!"
    She leaves to dance, and Grim follows.

nd8lj6.png

Grimmy also has some serious dance moves going on. Manika is very impressed.

Zaleena wants a word with her daughter as well. Grimmy doesn't care, he just has the groove.

25arer7.png

"Manika, my beautiful child, I am so proud of you. You will surely make a great Creator one day. But always think of what's best for your tribe and don't be selfish!", she warns.

2pob3o7.png

As the cheerful teen she is, Manika doesn't think to much about her mothers warnings.
    "I am so happy to be Creator one day! I hope I can follow your footsteps."

Today is a happy occasion and even Raala forgets - just for a moment - about her troubles and dances silently. Even if it's just for an hour. Gladly, Daiko's ghost did not show up, so she will not be reminded of him tonight.

2gxeopj.png

Finally, Manika also gets her two pieces of cake! What a great party.

2sbn2ah.png

Some notes:
    - Holy plum, Manika is just freakishly skinny! I'll have to make her eat a lot more cake...
    - Thanks to @Lizze1234 for the phrase 'can't cook for toffee'
    - This chapter is a bit more light hearted for there are some troubles to come...be prepared!...
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on
  • ShannNyanShannNyan Posts: 31 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 right she's skinny o.o ! Anyway, i just hope the next chapter is not as bad as you say... please? By the way, Manika is very beautiful ;)
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Yay, Manika is already teen girl and she's so beautiful <3:) I hope nothing horrible will happen later... Although I'm already prepared for the drama :)
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Manika is gorgeous! I love that Grim crashed your party haha, can't miss out on any action!
  • SNDGIRLSNDGIRL Posts: 517 Member
    Missed 2 updates?! Man this is getting intense!
    ~Legacy Challenge Coming Soon~

Huge Skyrim Fan!!!
    skyrim_dragon_by_humblebee12-d3jwo7f1_zpsbecogldu.jpg
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Don't forget that teens are skinnier than adults! She might turn out less skinny after aging up.
  • GottKennaLoveGottKennaLove Posts: 53 Member
    I love your story! Your sims are beautiful!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Hooray, I've made it over here! I love how different each Amazon story is even though they all share a similar lore. Looking forward to the next chapter. :smile:

Bookmarking!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    edited July 2015
    @ShannNyan @roseinblack69 Thanks for reading :) I had no idea how much emotions my note would stir xD Don't worry too much though, I just meant it will not be like "and they lived happily ever after" The next chapter is just going to be a bit darker than this one

@ThePlumbob Grim is actually great friends with my creator xD partying with him was lots of fun

@SNDGIRL Oh you missed the Daiko one? Hope you enjoyed catching up :)

@marcellala I really hope so. I checked in CAS and she has that skinny/fat bar set to the minimum level Oo

@GottKennaLove Thank you so much!

@Meggles Yay, you made it ^^ Well the lore is what makes them Amazon challenges :) It's like some modified version of a legacy I think. I'm really looking forward to reading yours :)

Also thank you to everyone for over 2,000 views ^^ I am so happy right now!
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on
    dear @JulyVee, I enjoy your story <3 And life isn't only "they lived long and happily", so I totally agree with you as I like to be realistic myself. Mostly emotions are always good, stories and books without emotions would be "dead" and our characters are alive like you and me, so they can't do not have emotions.
    I hope I'll can read your new chapter before leaving home tonight ;)
    And I forgot to say you that Mister Grim Reaper made me smile when I saw him dancing in Manika's Birthday party :)
    @roseinblack69 I'm so glad you enjoyed the story :) Have a nice trip to Norway! I hope I can update tonight.
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @roseinblack69 I'm so glad you enjoyed the story :) Have a nice trip to Norway! I hope I can update tonight.

thank you very much, I'm sure I'll enjoy my trip to Norway and there I'll have a wonderful time with my friends :) I'll check forum later when I'll be free and maybe I'll be lucky to read your new chapter ;)
  • Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    @roseinblack69 I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy your time with your friends!
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    @roseinblack69 I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy your time with your friends!

Yes, all will be fine :) Thank you @Ruby10990 :)

I've added another screenshot to the blooper collection on page 5 :)
  • s9kaylynns9kaylynn Posts: 69 Member
    I love the blooper! Ghosts are so funny!
    s9kaylynn wrote: »
    I love the blooper! Ghosts are so funny!

They sure are ^^ Daiko does a lot of funny things round the house. Especially he leaves puddles everywhere since he died in a pool he's always dripping water. But he also does the dishes. Such a nice slave.
  • s9kaylynns9kaylynn Posts: 69 Member
    @Julyvee94 My ghosts are always breaking the plumbing....maybe resentment because they died in the water.....hmmm
    @Julyvee94 My ghosts are always breaking the plumbing....maybe resentment because they died in the water.....hmmm

Yes Daiko does that, too. Baato has to fix everything he breaks. I really need to get rid of that ghost xD
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »

Yes Daiko does that, too. Baato has to fix everything he breaks. I really need to get rid of that ghost xD

Haha. Cassia purposely breaks stuff in my house when she's angry. I also heart that sims who died of electrocution do that a lot.
    Chapter 12 - The prophecy unraveled

The next day, Zaleena calls in a meeting. After all of the birthday fun, it's time to get back to business. She had put a great deal of thought into the mysterious womans prophecy and she believed she had figured it out.
    The empty deathbed was probably referring to Daiko as he came back from the netherworld as a ghost. And the rain were Raala's tears over him. She didn't think highly of Raala for mourning a slave, but she was a greatly skilled painter and the tribe needed her.

mvj71d.png

"Tonight, I will let Daiko's soul leave to the netherworld", she states. "It is his right as an honorable slave to find peace and rest for his soul instead of striving through the lands of the living, not belonging to either world."
    This was the right decision, she thought. The reactions are mixed.

wrgarp.png

Baato is surprised, but glad. This is exactly, what Daiko had wanted! How did the creator know? He really hoped that in the netherworld, Daiko would finally be at peace.

2gtyquv.png

Raala gets angry. This is all Baato's fault, she thinks as she doesn't know about the prophecy. He talked to the creator to banish Daiko's soul, because he is not worthy of his love! She was furious! How could he take him away from her. In her rage, she thinks only of revenge and developes a plan. She angrily storms off as Zaleena dismisses the meeting.

30vk8i8.png

Manika stays behind and talks to Kanan for a while. She seems quite smitten with him. Kanan seems to be a lady's man. Good, that Zaleena is already gone, she'd probably disapprove.

154ad8n.png

Raala has laid all her power in this angry painting. She hopes the emotional aura will be strong enough. When no one is around, she sneaks it into the slave quarters. Zaleena never goes there anyway. Hopefully, there was trouble painted on this canvas...

2zs4n40.png

That night, Zaleena summons the whole tribe to Daiko's grave.
    "Daiko, I have chosen to let your soul go to the netherworld!"
    Daiko can't believe it, she must have read his mind.
    "I was about to ask exactly this of you, Creator. I finally want to find peace."
    "Then I will gladly follow your wish."

25rhu9z.png

"DAIKO", Zaleena cries out, "I hearby banish your soul from these grounds, for you will rest forever in the netherworld. BE GONE!"

14t7bj7.png

Daiko feels the surge flow through his ghostly body and he slowly dissolves and finally vanishes into the netherworld forever.

96dr38.png

After the others leave the ceremony grounds, Zaleena stays behind to talk to Raala.
    "I know you have been mourning Daiko, but it is finally time to let him go", she says.
    Raala is thankful that Zaleena is comforting her since she only had been yelling at her for mourning before.
    "Yes, Creator, I will."

2z9a16s.png

"I have seen you and the slave Kanan together in the house", Zaleena says.
    "Yes, I might have talked to him once", Raala says carefully. She doesn't know where Zaleena is heading. Was she to face punishment?
    "I want you to breed with him", Zaleena explains, "The tribe is in need of a strong tribal daughter who will take up some duties."
    Raala doesn't know what to make of this. Her heart was with Daiko. She liked Kanan, but breed with him? Now?
    "Do I have to, Creator?"

27y330k.png

Zaleena is on the edge of getting angry.
    "I was not asking your agreement!", she simply states and leaves.

Baato is still sad about all the dealings with Daiko. He really hoped, his friend would find the peace he deserved. After he has done all his chores in the house, he heads to the slave quarters...

33o15z8.png