The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most people think the next ep is Late Night

Comments

• gregariousgregarious Posts: 84 Member
    Well, even if it is Late Night, let's just pray that it will be much better than TS3. When LN was announced, I was so psyched and the trailer made it look cool, until I got the game and my Sim was literally the only one in the nightclub looking like a sad and lonely person.
  • MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    *EA reads this* *starts sweating* Uh oh...
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think it is going to be the next one too. Apartments better be cooler than the Sims 2 ones. Plus lots of cool instruments would be fun to have. Even instruments like ocarina would be fun for Sims to play. Honestly I rather have a better version of Nightlife than Late Night. I liked it more and the cars pulling out of the driveway was nice. I want restaurants that my Sims can interact with like the Sims 2 in which I can see the food being made and served and watch the Sims get seated.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    I hope they just 'ninja' us with an EP that we never or didn't expect.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    AM35502 wrote: »
    I'm a family player, but if we got Late Night as the new EP, I'd be happy - if it includes restaurants and the ability to have apartments. No more bar or lounge venues (we have enough of that). Maybe adding a DJ booth would be cool and some club items, but I would rather have stuff we can do like maybe a bowling alley or something.
    @asouthernwriter I definitely agree with you! :smiley: I think something restaurants might possibly be quite easy because Get To Work has already been invented (but what do I know about these things :tongue:), apartments would be awesome! I also loved bowling alleys in the Sims 2, I would love for my sims to go to the bowling alleys and just look at the animations :wink:

Thanks for liking my ideas. I just want my sims to have something more exciting to do. So hopefully they'll bring something fun in the next EP.

• AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Given that the Gurus "can't say anything about future content" at all, there's really no actual evidence for any kind of pack being next. Everything is purely speculation and circumstantial evidence.

Looking at the last couple SPs and the GP, I can see where people might say they seem to be working on a luxury/party sort of theme and of the EPs we've had in the past, something like Late Night/Nightlife would seem to follow that theme. But whether they really are following such a theme and for how long is all purely speculation.

Two of the EPs that a lot of people seem to be looking for, Pets and Seasons, are pretty content-intensive, in terms of new animations and systems. People seem to complain about how they came out late in the cycle in previous Sims games, yet then state how they'd like to see them earlier this time around without realizing there's a -reason- they come out later. They simply take more time/resources to create. For that reason, I really don't expect either of those to be released this year. But who knows? That's just speculation on my part too.

(And regarding the Pets/Seasons taking longer, I'm basing this on the concept that they likely have more than one project running at any given time. It's not like they just do one thing at a time. So just because the Seasons EP came out 6 months (just an example) after the EP that preceded it, it doesn't mean they only worked on it for 6 months. This too is just speculation on my part in the end though.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    I'm hoping for Night Life or University. I want a university pack just a tad more though.
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I am so sick of it being nice out in my game, I need rain & snow but I will be happy with whatever we get.
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    I think nightlife/late night will be the next EP, I just hope this time we get a real neighborhood...
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    And I myself think this. I hope Late Night is next or a lot of us are going to be very disappointed. We 'll know in 2 weeks at Gamescom for sure.

Gawd I hope not ... more partying , more talking in bars and more woohoo ... dont we have enough bars/lounges/nightclubs in this game as it is
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    And I myself think this. I hope Late Night is next or a lot of us are going to be very disappointed. We 'll know in 2 weeks at Gamescom for sure.

Gawd I hope not ... more partying , more talking in bars and more woohoo ... dont we have enough bars/lounges/nightclubs in this game as it is

We don't have a dance club plus Late Night is more then clubbing it might include resturents,apartments,movie theaters,cars etc.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think it's going to be the sims 4 Katy Perry double sweet treats expansion pack.

katy-perry-eating-candy.gif

7f19b42841a80712d49987ef86927570.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    well i do not know what the next expansion pack but this song say it all for me witch is we can expect more weirder npc and events we will have to wait and see lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgKczdKdnKM
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member

We don't have a dance club plus Late Night is more then clubbing it might include resturents,apartments,movie theaters,cars etc.

Given the way the sims dance in TS4 isnt that a blessing , lmao

Given the way the sims dance in TS4 isnt that a blessing , lmao

LN might add new dances though.
    If it isn't a Late Night EP I"m hoping it will be Amusement Parks or a Tropical Vacation EP.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    If it isn't a Late Night EP I"m hoping it will be Amusement Parks or a Tropical Vacation EP.

Amusement parks seems interesting :D
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    for some reason I don't feel that NightLife is next. I don't know why.....I just have a good intuition - and it tells me if even it will be NightLife related - it will be something completely new - not what we expect from NightLife or not how it worked in previous series
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    for some reason I don't feel that NightLife is next. I don't know why.....I just have a good intuition - and it tells me if even it will be NightLife related - it will be something completely new - not what we expect from NightLife or not how it worked in previous series

Let's hope. I mean, they have to make Night Life better anyway, since there ARE bars and ''night life'' content already in the base game. I mean, making other bars with bartenders is nothing new, so they have to make it different.

I still hope for a generations/free time mix up EP, but Pets is okay for me too IF they add toddlers now too......
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2015
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I feel generations would be more suited for a Game Pack. We saw in Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day how content intensive these can be without being a EP.

Best case scenario would be a double announcement for a Late Night/apartment EP and a family-oriented Game Pack. Now that would be nice, wouldn't it?

I personally think all generation-related content should be patched in otherwise you end up with the issue where the generation is never expanded upon again because EA can't count on everyone having that pack. We really don't want to end up in the same situation as TS3 where EA released an expansion pack for us to buy just to compensate for the lack of actual generational content in the base game. This kind of stuff should be free IMO and then expanded upon with the packs, that's what they're for.

I'd love for apartments to make a comeback as they were one of my favourite gameplay elements from TS2 but I am hoping EA steers a bit away from this "lifestyle" content we've been getting lately. I want something I can really get my teeth into and not something that's just going to introduce a bunch of glamourous bars.
  • AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2015
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I feel generations would be more suited for a Game Pack. We saw in Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day how content intensive these can be without being a EP.

Best case scenario would be a double announcement for a Late Night/apartment EP and a family-oriented Game Pack. Now that would be nice, wouldn't it?

I personally think all generation-related content should be patched in otherwise you end up with the issue where the generation is never expanded upon again because EA can't count on everyone having that pack. We really don't want to end up in the same situation as TS3 where EA released an expansion pack for us to buy just to compensate for the lack of actual generational content in the base game. This kind of stuff should be free IMO and then expanded upon with the packs, that's what they're for.

@Darkslayer that is a valid reason (and I agree :blush:), but I also think that they should because if they don't they're going to have an angry mob of simmers chasing them because they are releasing toddlers (etc.) for money where they were for free in previous iterations :tongue:
  • AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2015
    I am so sick of it being nice out in my game, I need rain & snow but I will be happy with whatever we get.
    @butterfly61 I'm with you and despite the fact that they are no seasons yet I always end up building while considering the weather :tongue:.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Night life/late night/ hot date
    They're all the same ep which has been in all the previous games relatively early on.
    You can gurantee its coming early on for sims 4 I'm afraid.

And I love this ep type and want to see it return. Sims 4 would benefit.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    I am kinda wishing for a family EP as i feel kids don't exactly have much to do! But, as the trend suggests, Late Night (or something like that) will be next. :|
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I'll love if either Late Night, Pets, or Seasons is the next EP, but Seasons is unlikely. Also, in my opinion, toddlers should come with a patch not a EP, so I would prefer those 3 expansions rather than Generations.

I hope is not Generations, I didn't like that EP, so boring. But I hope people get toddlers. Maybe they could announce Late Night and a GP with Family Fun and a toddlers patch together too for September? Ep could be in november and GP in September with toddlers and some Family Fun GP. I think Generations was too empty to be alone in an EP. I mean sure you have some stuff to do in family but is too restrictive, it doesn't have a theme like University, Vacation, etc, that can appeal to most people. Like Luxury Party was also too focused on a non appealing feature to a bigger audience.

I agree about generations.
    But luxury party can appeal to the bigger audience.
    Family fun sounds better thn generations tbh.
    If it was just a gp, I'd be fine with it.
    It would need to be fun not bland and empty like generations.
    It'd need to have all kinds of cool stuffs.
    Water guns
    Inflatable garden pools
    Beds can now be bounced on
    Family Fun skill
    3 new traits
    New princess bed
    New pirate bed
    New funky wallpapers
    Crown TV
    Boat TV
    Funky new carpets
    Water slides (theese would later appear in a tropical DLC pack)
    5 all new funky interactions
    Building blocks
    Family members relationship bars now appear orange for negative and yellow for positive.
    Etc etc

Color is all an ep needs, to be loud and vibrant.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!