Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you expect when writing in ''Idea's corner"

When you write in idea's corner (if you write) what do you expect? Sim guru's to see it? Get other's opinion? Just share you're idea's? Personally i don't really type there anything since i know gurus are too lazy to read them.

So as i stated, what do you expect? Share you're thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    I've only posted there once or twice, but my expectations are pretty low I guess, I just hope that other Simmers will like my idea, and if enough do then maybe it might make it onto a Guru team meeting list for them to discuss the basic concept and whether it suits their vision to look into development of it or not.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I hope that other people give their opinions and that sim gurus read them.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Don't know. I only post if I see a topic I like but I mainly avoid that part of the forum because all the cool ideas make me sad because they probably won't happen.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    simsbestfansimsbestfan Posts: 46 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think maybe after a while of it getting popular/known, they may somewhat see it... Though, I can't really say.. Just gotta stay hopeful! :/

Obviously, it is originally intended as a place for the simmer to share their ideas and someone at a higher position could have a look at it and consider implementing it into the game. At the current moment, it is more of an opinion-sharing area, though we never know who looks at it without commenting. :)
    Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    We've been told a few times that different people at Maxis look at different forums. So yes, I expect that the product managers who are thinking up or designing new content are looking there more than elsewhere.

FWIW, I don't worry anymore about other Simmers on the forums seeing things. I assume that lots of people do what I do: Hide the categories you aren't interested in checking regularly, then just use the "Discussions" link to see all the new stuff mixed together. I don't usually know if you've posted in GD or Feedback or Ideas Corner or Bugs or whatever - I see all of it in one place.

Except GTW. No idea why that still isn't included in the regular Discussions feed if we don't have it hidden.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    When I used to- I gave up years ago- it was to give my ideas to the Devs on what I'd love to see in the game. :mrgreen:

I used to also love reading about other player's ideas.
  • Options
    SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    I would appreciate it if SimGurus were more active in commenting on peoples threads in the forum. It would give a friendly personal feel to the forums.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Generally, when I've posted in Ideas, it is to encourage those posters who've come up with what I feel are good suggestions. Sometimes, I'll try to add on.

The optimist in me envisions a future where EA/Maxis will look through all these wonderful ideas and incorporate them in upcoming enhancements to TS4 (or use them for the jumping off point for TS5).

The pessimist in me assumes this wellspring of ideas stand as evidence when future disappointed players say, "but we TOLD you what we were interested in -- and in many cases, even gave you roadmaps".

The neutralist(?)...realist(?) in me hopes that, if the optimist doesn't win, some enterprising 3rd party game developer reads these forums (all of them, not just the Ideas section) and uses it as a springboard for making a kick-butt Sims-type game based on ideas provided by fans. The Sims franchise needs some competition, if you ask me.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    Generally, when I've posted in Ideas, it is to encourage those posters who've come up with what I feel are good suggestions. Sometimes, I'll try to add on.

The optimist in me envisions a future where EA/Maxis will look through all these wonderful ideas and incorporate them in upcoming enhancements to TS4 (or use them for the jumping off point for TS5).

The pessimist in me assumes this wellspring of ideas stand as evidence when future disappointed players say, "but we TOLD you what we were interested in -- and in many cases, even gave you roadmaps".

The neutralist(?)...realist(?) in me hopes that, if the optimist doesn't win, some enterprising 3rd party game developer reads these forums (all of them, not just the Ideas section) and uses it as a springboard for making a kick-butt Sims-type game based on ideas provided by fans. The Sims franchise needs some competition, if you ask me.

noods

me to

SimSwim2 wrote: »
    I would appreciate it if SimGurus were more active in commenting on peoples threads in the forum. It would give a friendly personal feel to the forums.

that to
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    Well, of course, I always hoped my pretty, little brain to death that eventually Gurus would think, "Hey! This girl is on to something! Let's take it to the board!"
    But it was always a big, fat PLOP - my ideas and thoughts went down the drain, along with my hopes.
    So I figured, at least other Simmers could read my ideas and give feedback.
    But now? Oh forget it. There's got to be a billion-and-ten of me if I wanted to get the simplest idea noticed.
    So whatever - I just watch the new EPs on YouTube and read their comments that state: "You asked, we delivered! Introducing the new...blah blah blah."

I'm just glad the Sims were ever created. Period.
    I'm happy, you're happy -- let's SIM forever!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I usually like to read through the ideas and think "Wow... this is a great idea." I usually say it's a great idea then go onto another idea. To be honest, I'm never too bothered if they add it to the forums. If they do - well... that's great!

I can't explain how weird I am.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012