Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most people think the next ep is Late Night

Comments

• pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I think there's a lot of us hoping Generations is next with a free toddler update right before.

There's also strong hints to pets coming soon
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    I'm a family player, but if we got Late Night as the new EP, I'd be happy - if it includes restaurants and the ability to have apartments. No more bar or lounge venues (we have enough of that). Maybe adding a DJ booth would be cool and some club items, but I would rather have stuff we can do like maybe a bowling alley or something.
    @asouthernwriter I definitely agree with you! :smiley: I think something restaurants might possibly be quite easy because Get To Work has already been invented (but what do I know about these things :tongue:), apartments would be awesome! I also loved bowling alleys in the Sims 2, I would love for my sims to go to the bowling alleys and just look at the animations :wink:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm gonna say No, it won't be a Night Life type... I'll be, Uhm... Well, a Celebrity Type expansion. XD
  • gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    I'm gonna be really dissapointed if the next one is Late Night. :/

Why?
  • MorphmanMorphman Posts: 7 New Member
    Ya know guys, I'm not that concerned about toddlers, I am living toddlers in the real so I don't really need it in a game. I would like to see now that we have Spa Day that they could add professions of reflexologist and yoga instructor. Any expansion is nice but one out of the norm that they have been running for years would also be a nice surprise.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't think generatins is even a possibility with this game engine and also i would hate this EP. It's most likely gonna be late night since its always one of the first EPs to be release and not long ago i saw the art work for a dj booth and some coded tweet from Idk which guru. So either there is a late night EP coming or some sort of game pack with that
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    I want something we've never had for sims before. I want the studio to push the envelope and come up with NEW ideas for how sims can live. I know with the foundation they've set in the base game that it's limiting. They started to think on the right track when they introduced mermaids and having sims go under water for the first time back in ts3. However that idea was poorly executed, even though it was an awesome idea.

I don't want night life, seasons, pets, etc as of right now. Later down the line, of course. But right now I want to see something that has never been in sims before. Thing is, the studio seems to have zero interest in pushing the envelope. They seem to like to stay in their comfort zone now.

If you were in charge, what would you do in the sim that has never been done before?

I'm honestly curious. I see people post this all the time in a very general type way, but then when it happens, the majority hates it - ala In to the Future or whatever it was called in Sims 3 - so I'm really interested in what the vocal minority that doesn't want toddlers or seasons or dating or witches or anything else that came before in the franchise actually would like to see in an expansion?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I'll love if either Late Night, Pets, or Seasons is the next EP, but Seasons is unlikely. Also, in my opinion, toddlers should come with a patch not a EP, so I would prefer those 3 expansions rather than Generations.

I hope is not Generations, I didn't like that EP, so boring. But I hope people get toddlers. Maybe they could announce Late Night and a GP with Family Fun and a toddlers patch together too for September? Ep could be in november and GP in September with toddlers and some Family Fun GP. I think Generations was too empty to be alone in an EP. I mean sure you have some stuff to do in family but is too restrictive, it doesn't have a theme like University, Vacation, etc, that can appeal to most people. Like Luxury Party was also too focused on a non appealing feature to a bigger audience.

I agree that more family play does not necessarily mean a Generation like EP. I much more prefer family play to be added in all the EPs, because when you think about it, (almost) all EPs theme can lead to more family play. Late Night : restaurants for families, bowling/cinema/arcade for teens, University/Education : make it broader and introduce a school system and more options for parental education, Hobbies/Sports : plenty of new activities for children/teen/families. I just hope it's not a celebrity EP, because I don't see how family play would fit in it :wink:
  • gabriella92italygabriella92italy Posts: 607 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I want something we've never had for sims before. I want the studio to push the envelope and come up with NEW ideas for how sims can live. I know with the foundation they've set in the base game that it's limiting. They started to think on the right track when they introduced mermaids and having sims go under water for the first time back in ts3. However that idea was poorly executed, even though it was an awesome idea.

I don't want night life, seasons, pets, etc as of right now. Later down the line, of course. But right now I want to see something that has never been in sims before. Thing is, the studio seems to have zero interest in pushing the envelope. They seem to like to stay in their comfort zone now.

I think it should be the opposite. The first EPs should be stuff that we already have in other games, like Pets, Seasons, Late Night, etc. and then, after these main expansion packs have been made, then the later EPs could be completely new.

There would be also a compromise: developers could create next expansion packs mixing new features with traditional / most wanted additions in the series. They could also put together different themes like: family (generations in previous games) and schools (university) with sports and hobbies as new features (matches, stadium as not rabbit hole, bike, golf, tattoo, street art, voluntarism, etc); seasons with vacation (they could give us different destinations with various climatic conditions!) and also animals (safari with lions and tigers? Polar bears and penguins? Never seen before!); nightlife with city life (I mean to combine entertainment and new social events in the city!! Maybe also with political election day and new careers - social ones like lawyer or banker and famous ones like model or singer), so that we could enjoy to live in a metropolis at day and at night.
  • AM35502AM35502 Posts: 105 Member
    There would be also a compromise: developers could create next expansion packs mixing new features with traditional / most wanted additions in the series. They could also put together different themes like: family (generations in previous games) and schools (university) with sports and hobbies as new features (matches, stadium as not rabbit hole, bike, golf, tattoo, street art, voluntarism, etc); seasons with vacation (they could give us different destinations with various climatic conditions!) and also animals (safari with lions and tigers? Polar bears and penguins? Never seen before!); nightlife with city life (I mean to combine entertainment and new social events in the city!! Maybe also with political election day and new careers - social ones like lawyer or banker and famous ones like model or singer), so that we could enjoy to live in a metropolis at day and at night.

I get what you mean and I think that's a great way to make a lot players happy! :smiley:. That way you can combine familiar concepts with out-of-the-box ideas... It's also a good way to start including more content in their EP's, as I recently read that Spa Day (GP) game with a lot of items (maybe more than OR?).

• MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I feel generations would be more suited for a Game Pack. We saw in Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day how content intensive these can be without being a EP.

Best case scenario would be a double announcement for a Late Night/apartment EP and a family-oriented Game Pack. Now that would be nice, wouldn't it?
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I needed apartments like yesterday.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If they do it right I'll be fine with a Late Night/On The Town pack -- open restaurants, dance clubs with actual dance floor so Sims can slow dance and do group dances like the Smustle or Chicken Dance, bowling alleys/arcades for family/group entertainment, movie theaters with new interactions (Sims that get Bored with a movie could even fall asleep sitting up in their chair!). Activities not just for dates but for the entire family. It's the sort of pack that wouldn't be expected to have things for toddlers, so it would make sense to put that out before we get toddlers back in the game (like with the current content), then once toddlers are back they can focus on content that would include toddlers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    RemySims wrote: »
    I needed apartments like yesterday.

Now that we've got locked doors, apartments could be coming soon -- they could have a special front door for the apartment that automatically locks to everyone except for the household living in the apartment.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »

If you were in charge, what would you do in the sim that has never been done before?

I'm honestly curious. I see people post this all the time in a very general type way, but then when it happens, the majority hates it - ala In to the Future or whatever it was called in Sims 3 - so I'm really interested in what the vocal minority that doesn't want toddlers or seasons or dating or witches or anything else that came before in the franchise actually would like to see in an expansion?
    It's not that I don't want to see these EPs at all. I do, very much, want to see them in sims 4 eventually. It's just that in my playing experience I think that every time they rehash an EP, it's not as good as the previous.

Honestly I don't know exactly what I want when I say "something different." I don't know what new thing I want in the sims, I just know I don't want to see rehashes of EPs just yet. I just remember playing new sims 2 EPs and being completely blown away by the ideas and concepts put into the game by the studio and thinking "this is so cool, I would have never thought of doing it this way!" Granted, sims 2 was only the second generation of sims so most things were still new.

So I guess, at the heart of it, it's not actually new concepts/ideas I want to see for EPs. I want the studio to take whatever idea they have, even if it's not new, and DO something new with it. Then more importantly, implement it into the game in a way that's not.... lazy.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I don't think we will be getting a Late Night exp next.
    But of course, I could be wrong.
    If we did, it better not be all about more bars/lounges/luxury stuff.
    I've had enough of that.
    What I want most, I will probably won't see for ages (if ever) -
    Tropical world with all the fun & thrills, bells & whistles.
    (don't want to retype it anymore - should have just saved a copy & paste request list).
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I would love a Late Night EP. That was the main reason why I bought TS2 and TS3 in the first place. But this time, I'm not worried if it has cars or not. Based on how I'm playing TS4, I don't need them. That's what the "M" button on the keyboard is for.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I understand that there are a lot of generational players on here but there are also a lot non generational players on here. Personally, I don't really mind if we don't get a generational expansion pack. I'd much rather a Late Night expansion because it's suits my gaming style.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I've had enough of that.
    (don't want to retype it anymore - should have just saved a copy & paste request list).

What about tropical beach city with late night? Like Miami or Rio de Janeiro? :D
  • KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    And I myself think this. I hope Late Night is next or a lot of us are going to be very disappointed. We 'll know in 2 weeks at Gamescom for sure.

If it's any consolation, at least you'll get a new woohoo spot either way.

WsYdHZD.jpg

• pezhead7pezhead7 Posts: 838 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm hoping for a Family Pets expansion.
    Cats ... Dogs ... and the surprise addition of Toddlers.

Though if I'm honest, I'd really like to see late night added so my public venues can have pool tables again.
  • LordredzzzLordredzzz Posts: 125 Member
    I hope it will be a city-tremed, full of new locations. with open-restaurants, theaters, and true bars
    xyIcMqt.png

EA Account: Lordredzzz
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »

Amusement Parks and Carnivals.
    I've had enough of that.

Well we do need dance clubs with dance floors and gobe lights. Remember the Grind from Late Night?
    Karma wrote: »
    And I myself think this. I hope Late Night is next or a lot of us are going to be very disappointed. We 'll know in 2 weeks at Gamescom for sure.

If it's any consolation, at least you'll get a new woohoo spot either way.

I don't know Get To Work didn't come with any.