Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vacation destination

What vacation destinations would you guys be excited for ?
I personally would love a beach resort or a pack to explore the jungle or desert :)

Comments

• Options
    jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    Jungle/Rainforest would be awesome! We've never had that! It'd be great for collectables, and a fun place to get pets (if they decide to roll those out any time soon).

I don't know how they'd swing it, but I think it'd be way cool to have like a "big city" vacation spot, akin to NYC.
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_II_M1LOS_I Posts: 256 Member
    Bioshockbarbiee,you have great ideas!
    I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.
  • Options
    bioshockbarbieebioshockbarbiee Posts: 56 Member
    jedipwnces wrote: »
    Jungle/Rainforest would be awesome! We've never had that! It'd be great for collectables, and a fun place to get pets (if they decide to roll those out any time soon).

I don't know how they'd swing it, but I think it'd be way cool to have like a "big city" vacation spot, akin to NYC.

Yes that sounds fantastic!!! Think of all the great places for pictures for our photographer sims!
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_I wrote: »
    Bioshockbarbiee,you have great ideas!

Thank you! :)))))
  • Options
    Markus_skyfiresMarkus_skyfires Posts: 14 New Member
    I was thinking about diffrent vacaion things, and for farther away ones we shold have an Airport. I was originally thinking about this for the Sims freeplay, but It would work better with this game, it would be like real life, you can buy tickets online via phone/computer, and once you arive your sim would have to go through secerity and get to the gate in time. this could be optional, and turned of via settings, it would add two places, airport wich could be a entire region size, and then of course the airplane. again so people dont get bogged down by traveling the same way every week, you could accept the opitunity to go with your sim onto the plane, like GTW, or just teleport by clicking no. when the setting is turned off, your sim skips the airport and goes to the destination, such as above, Island Resort, Jungel, maybe Europe, with made up names, so people dont pay for destinations they dont go to, it would be split up, the Expantion, with one or two destinations, then a bunch of 'Destination Packs' with new regions. and most importantly people were mentioning Create a World, you can create your own world, with each area, name it, and set a price to get there. also this way if someone has a bad computer they can activate what world they want and not, via options, on the new World tab.

Anyone have addons?

Toodles.
    -Markus
  • Options
    I was thinking about diffrent vacaion things, and for farther away ones we shold have an Airport. I was originally thinking about this for the Sims freeplay, but It would work better with this game, it would be like real life, you can buy tickets online via phone/computer, and once you arive your sim would have to go through secerity and get to the gate in time. this could be optional, and turned of via settings, it would add two places, airport wich could be a entire region size, and then of course the airplane. again so people dont get bogged down by traveling the same way every week, you could accept the opitunity to go with your sim onto the plane, like GTW, or just teleport by clicking no. when the setting is turned off, your sim skips the airport and goes to the destination, such as above, Island Resort, Jungel, maybe Europe, with made up names, so people dont pay for destinations they dont go to, it would be split up, the Expantion, with one or two destinations, then a bunch of 'Destination Packs' with new regions. and most importantly people were mentioning Create a World, you can create your own world, with each area, name it, and set a price to get there. also this way if someone has a bad computer they can activate what world they want and not, via options, on the new World tab.

Anyone have addons?

Toodles.
    -Markus

Great idea for sure! ! I'd love it.
  • Options
    Sims4Chick_2014Sims4Chick_2014 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Markus_skyfires said:
    > I was thinking about diffrent vacaion things, and for farther away ones we shold have an Airport. I was originally thinking about this for the Sims freeplay, but It would work better with this game, it would be like real life, you can buy tickets online via phone/computer, and once you arive your sim would have to go through secerity and get to the gate in time. this could be optional, and turned of via settings, it would add two places, airport wich could be a entire region size, and then of course the airplane. again so people dont get bogged down by traveling the same way every week, you could accept the opitunity to go with your sim onto the plane, like GTW, or just teleport by clicking no. when the setting is turned off, your sim skips the airport and goes to the destination, such as above, Island Resort, Jungel, maybe Europe, with made up names, so people dont pay for destinations they dont go to, it would be split up, the Expantion, with one or two destinations, then a bunch of 'Destination Packs' with new regions. and most importantly people were mentioning Create a World, you can create your own world, with each area, name it, and set a price to get there. also this way if someone has a bad computer they can activate what world they want and not, via options, on the new World tab.
    >
    > Anyone have addons?
    >
    > Toodles.
    > -Markus

I love your idea and I especially love the idea of creating a world
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A tropical beach resort.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I like Granite Falls, but it's not Private enough as I'd like it to be.

I would like a Winter Cabin nestled up in a pine forest mountains by a lake, overlooking forest and not to far from a village. With stores, like a hot chocolate/pastry shop, ski resort, Ice Skate Park.
    Things to do
    Ski
    Sled
    Sled Dog race!!!
    Ice Skate
    Ice Hockey
    Do you wanna build a snowman?
    Horse Driven Carriage rides
    explore, Mountain hikes
    Watch Northern Lights

I don't know just something about, a blizzard that could come into play on my sim's vacation, caused by me, and entrap them up in the cabin and cut the power and they'd be forced to stay up there longer and live with no internet but interact around the fireplace and candles, stories, watch movies.
    Sounds like an amazing vacation.

but maybe spice it up a bit and turn it into a survival scenario, like running out of food, evade wolves, and bears.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AlexFetsisAlexFetsis Posts: 178 Member
    What vacation destinations would you guys be excited for ?
    I personally would love a beach resort or a pack to explore the jungle or desert :)

A good old fashioned beach will be wonderful!
  • Options
    KatSimsKatSims Posts: 27 New Member
    This would be awesome!

Destinations-
    Beach Island, maybe based on the Caribbean? or Hawaii.
    You could get there on a cruise ship. There would be a beach resort, hotel or motel you could stay at, each would have a different look, amenities and comfort level. On the beach, there could be sandcastle building competitions to enter, some fun fish to catch (can you say loch ness monster? giant squid?), maybe some friendly pirates could stop by and sims could perform some action on the ship. There could be a city area with food trucks, souvenir vendors, dance teachers (so your sims could learn to hula or perform some other kind of tropical dance?), places where you could get your hair all braided, etc. It would also be cool if sims could learn to surf or wakeboard.

Rain Forest Tour, based on the Amazon
    Your sim could chose to go on a guided tour in the rain forest, catch bugs and new frogs, get some rare plant seeds, go hang gliding, get on a zipline, all sorts of fun stuff. you could stay in a treehouse or a cabin, treehouse would add a fun moodlet for children and childish adults. There would also be a small community there where you could get souvenirs, new decor, adopt a pet (either an object pet like fish, or if they add a pets EP, something cool like a monkey or bird), learn a skill, etc. There could be a new secret location too, like that magical tree in magnolia park.

Big City, based on New York or Tokyo
    I honestly think a big city update would merit an EP of it's own, but as far as vacations go, there's some stuff to add. You could stay in a resort, a hotel or a motel, like on beach island, and you could go see tourist attractions, buy from street vendors, go shopping/window shopping, visit brand new parks and stuff, eat at restaurants, big and small (omg imagine sims trying to cram into a bodega), go celebrity spotting, attend concerts, see a play on broadway (or something similar), go to clubs (if theyre ya/older, of course!), gamble a la Las Vegas, and tour historical sites. The souvenir area in this place would be the street vendors, they'd all be selling something different, like handcrafted jewelry, I<3SimCity hoodies, the works.

Countryside, based on the entire state of kansas or something, or maybe ireland
    In the country, you could stay at a B&B, go on hot air balloon rides, have picnics, go on pick your own crop tours, tour farms, i'm really lost as to what else. i don't hang around the countryside a lot, but i know if there's gonna be a big city, there should be a countryside too.

Beyond this point i'm just listing ideas, i'm too tired to write up descriptions

Desert, based on Egypt
    Mountains/Lake/forest area, based on Colorado or Russia
    Staycation (like, everyone would take time off work/school and they would visit fun places around town. some lots would have to be added for this to work though.)
    Smaller city area, like Paris

I had some other idea, but i lost it.
  • Options
    i got cut off. my other ideas were:
    Desert based off Egypt
    Countryside based off Ireland
    Staycation
    Cold Mountains, Lake and Forest area, based off Russia
    Amusement park, based off Disneyland

And a new Photography skill. Sims could take pictures of locations or people, and there would be a few family/single sim photo ops at every vacation spot.
  • Options
    Great ideas everyone!!!
  • Options
    oh and a road trip would be so much fun! you could go with anyone above good friends or family members and travel to some new destination (i'd say camping but thats just the outdoors stuff pack)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I like Granite Falls, but it's not Private enough as I'd like it to be.

I would like a Winter Cabin nestled up in a pine forest mountains by a lake, overlooking forest and not to far from a village. With stores, like a hot chocolate/pastry shop, ski resort, Ice Skate Park.
    Things to do
    Ski
    Sled
    Sled Dog race!!!
    Ice Skate
    Ice Hockey
    Do you wanna build a snowman?
    Horse Driven Carriage rides
    explore, Mountain hikes
    Watch Northern Lights

I don't know just something about, a blizzard that could come into play on my sim's vacation, caused by me, and entrap them up in the cabin and cut the power and they'd be forced to stay up there longer and live with no internet but interact around the fireplace and candles, stories, watch movies.
    Sounds like an amazing vacation.

but maybe spice it up a bit and turn it into a survival scenario, like running out of food, evade wolves, and bears.

Agreed.
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    how abou the sim-ilayas (ie hemilayas) where sims can go climb the highest peak and talk to the wise old sim and learn a new reward trait that would have uber benifits like living twice as long, having a huge successful family, being uber wise but the sim has to choose which one he/she wants. And of course the chance to meet the abdominal snowman which like big foot sims 2 could be brought back home when befriended and give tremendous benifits to the family when joined.
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    odditygrrrlodditygrrrl Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love Europe as one of the destinations. Especially italy and France, I find those countries absolutely charming. Maybe you could go paddle boating in a beautiful setting like Venice, and perhaps have the option to propose? I doubt this will happen, but a romantic can dream...
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    I really like these ideas and would love them in future content :)
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared