Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JAMMIN JULY GIFT EXCHANGE ~~~ SIMS 3 ONLY ~~~ CC FREE ~~~ Gifting Now Open!!!!! :)

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    boo. time for work. i'll bee back later i need to play my fairy and plant sims. i wish i had a twin then i could play now.
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited July 2015
    Dear Buddy otherwise known as @ObviouSecret <3 Owen's Dock looks lovely! I'm super sorry to hear about your corrupted save though :pensive: I too have been running a bit late (sorry) but I wanted to make sure I had a big enough time slot to shower you with gifts all at once. So onwards! B)

In your letter you asked for interesting sims and families of different nationalities with an odd or negative trait so they're not too perfect. So that is what I have done! I have listed their traits and I have written them little backstories/scenarios to show why they're interesting (hopefully :* But ignore if you don't like). I have tried to incorporate your favourite colours, I do hope you enjoy them but I made a few so if you don't like one hopefully you'll like another ;)

The Darzi Household

The Yoshidas -issues fixed! <3

Boran Chey

The Fuentez Household - issues fixed! :)

The Alexeyev Household

You also asked for starter homes with more than one bedroom. So I have made two both with two bedrooms.

The Starter Cottage Inspired by soft blues and greens that you listed as favourite colours

The Starter Hacienda Inspired by the bold reds and neutral tones that you listed as favourite colours and also mention of the fact that you love the hacienda sets.

I would like to say a big thank you to @tanubanue and @ADWilson for hosting this amazing jaw droppingly creative contest the gifts I've seen are awesome :love: You gifters are so amazingly good! Anyhoo I would like to thank you Addy and Tanu for your kindness and never ending patience with me and my millions of questions :pensive: So seeing as you guys helped me so much with building advice and inspired me to create a builder/tester sim called Andy McHandy designed with your colour preferences from your unofficial wishlist. I would like to give him to you two as you're are basically his Fairy Godmothers plus it will stop Addy from stealing I'm sorry borrowing his name :unamused: This way she can have the original.... and probably still steal his name :*
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited July 2015
    Alphas fixing an issue with the Fuentez and Yoshida families but the others are good to go and amazing! All fixed :)

You did great with the hacienda house! Told you you would lol

I've got some more sims to populate with yay! I also like that you linked it to your other thread because I picked up the 50's house as well. I love 50's style diners and their charm and I'm really liking this house too!

Thank you so much for Andy McHandy ~ He's easy to watch fix things lol <3
    Post edited by tanubanue on
  • AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    @ObviouSecret OMGosh this is awesome. I love the colors and there is so much for my sims to do! It's going to to be perfect for my first no cheat legacy :smiley: Thank you so much. I can't wait to get in game and try it out ^^
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    So many wonderful new gifts for buddies.
    @AlphaFen Loving all of those families, so much variety. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
    @ADWilson I have updated my original post with Pam and Dan. I triple checked for cc :)
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @friendsfan367 I'm very interested to hear what the cats think of the Mayfields as well. Hopefully they react better to fairies and plantsims than to zombies! And thank you, I'm so happy that you are enjoying all your gifts so far. :)
    edited July 2015
    Ariy What a cute odd ball couple! lol They are going to be a lot of fun for sure! :)

Just custard checked them and they are showing some cc too. Do you need help removing it again? Don't forget to switch out the other files for the clean ones I sent you in email :)
    @friendsfan367 I'm very interested to hear what the cats think of the Mayfields as well. Hopefully they react better to fairies and plantsims than to zombies! And thank you, I'm so happy that you are enjoying all your gifts so far. :)

i hope so too or i'm going to need more places for them to hide, . they have a cat condo .
    tanubanue wrote: »

i was hopeing thats how it sounded but i wanted to make sure she knew i liked the gift because we've only been friends since i found out she was my buddy.

That makes me feel good too as it means I've matched you up well :)

yes we matched up well .i think we have the same sense of humor.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @AlphaFen

**looks over his impressive resume**
    Andy McHandy is a man of many talents.

**looks over his handsome self**
    Hired!

Thank YOU for often finding a way to make me :lol: and :smiley:... even when it is unintentional.
    @AlphaFen

Choices! Choices! I see lots of them. The background stories for each sim/household is well worth a read or two. Plenty of fun personalities that are insisting on jumping into my game. Your starters prove that sims who are on a tight budget can have a home that is affordable and doesn't cause them undue embarrassment when family and friends drop by.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I love Andy McHandy. That is the best name! I THINK I am all rec'd to here.
  • ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    @AlphaFen Posted on your thread! <3<3<3
    Ariy What a cute odd ball couple! lol They are going to be a lot of fun for sure! :)

Just custard checked them and they are showing some cc too. Do you need help removing it again? Don't forget to switch out the other files for the clean ones I sent you in email :)

Yes please, that would be great <3 I am sorry about this, and I am trying to get to the bottom of whatever the issue is :( Thank you again for your help.
    You're welcome. I'll get started and send you an email as soon as I can :)
    Good Morning, all :)

Typical Florida summer - warm weather, humid with scattered showers. This means the day starts out sunny, then either afternoon or early evening the rain arrives (sometimes early, sometimes not - you never know with Mother N!). Kind of like this:
    florida-weather.jpg
    Photo courtesy of Google images

Here in the gift exchange thread, moods are definitely high on the happiness scale! LOTS of beautiful builds, precious pets, pretty people and sweet stories. If you're like me, your launcher is filled to the brim (and then some!) with new game goodies.

Now on to a more serious topic...

There are a handful of Buddies (you know who you are!) who haven't revealed yourself and posted your lovely gifts. Remember, there are three (3) days left in the gifting period. If you have more than one gift planned, you do not have to gift everything at once... especially if you have a finished gift and are still putting the final touches on another.

Go ahead and gift the finished gift and let your Buddy know that something else is on the way.

However, if you prefer to gift everything at one time, then I highly encourage you to write a generic "Dear Buddy" letter thanking them for waiting patiently and letting them know that their wait time is almost over. Maybe post a couple of teaser pictures so they have something to drool over while they wait ;)

To the Buddies who haven't received gifts yet... please know that you haven't been forgotten.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    ****Attention everyone!*****

Ok Addy doesn't know this but gifting is officially opening.....well now! LOL

I really really really wanted to surprise her with this ~

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844625/addy-this-is-for-you-surprise?new=1

33v10uc.jpg

10dw2oj.jpg

(I apologize in advance as I may be spamming all day with old stuff because I'm trying to catch up. <3 )

Wow! This place is gorgeous! I think it's super sweet that all of you got together and did this! Look at all the activities her sims will be able to do!! One of my favs has always been the fire pit. I'm in awe of the whole place! I laughed at the boat in the pool! Nice touch! I love Cady (gorgeous!) and Tannen (hot!!). Awesome job, @Shannen, @cmbaker16, & @tanubanue! You've made the whole place so welcoming and now I want to stay there! This place may even become a vacation spot in my game. ;) I may even turn winter on! Hehe...
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Tanubanu, Shannen and I know how much work you put into surprising Addy that we decided we wanted to do something special for you. Shannen and I racked our brain and came up with the idea of creating a dorm for your sims. It has everything your sims will need to host a rocking university party or just have a blast at uni. You should certainly keep your eye out for some little surprises we left inside for you :D

Description and Link- coming soon
    xanq4m.jpg

jk9cg3.jpg

@cmbaker16 - I never even thought of a swimming pool for a dorm. I mean, we see them in the Greek houses, but not in the dorms. I'm excited to see how it looks when you're done! You are all so good to each other! I love seeing that!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Haha! I just had my first comment that had to be approved. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Tanubanu, Shannen and I know how much work you put into surprising Addy that we decided we wanted to do something special for you. Shannen and I racked our brain and came up with the idea of creating a dorm for your sims. It has everything your sims will need to host a rocking university party or just have a blast at uni. You should certainly keep your eye out for some little surprises we left inside for you :D

Description and Link- coming soon
    xanq4m.jpg

jk9cg3.jpg

I absolutely love this idea for a dorm at the UNI <3 I can't wait until you put the link up so I can add this to my UNI. It is going to be so much fun to play :)
    edited July 2015
    Oh, crud. So, I guess "needing approval" = no post. :/ I'll have to re-write some things later. Dang.

Ok, so my buddy is @Silvakristiina!! Hooray! I'm at work right now, so I can't really post much. I just thought I'd give you a little tease as to what's to come. I'll post more tonight! <3

2mm7eow.png

I know, I know. It's so tiny! Don't despair, though. I will have more later! B)

Post edited by lovesstorms on
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Oh, crud. So, I guess "needing approval" = no post. :/ I'll have to re-write some things later. Dang.

Ok, so my buddy is @Silvakristiina!! Hooray! I'm at work right now, so I can't really post much. I just thought I'd give you a little tease as to what's to come. I'll post more tonight! <3

19836744676_6266dc2c75_o.png

I know, I know. It's so tiny! Don't despair, though. I will have more later! B)

@lovesstorms

Sorry you are having trouble posting... hopefully the site will settle and soon we'll see full posts by you & others.

Your little tease was so tiny I couldn't see it. Sorry... couldn't resist teasing you LOL
    Actually, there seems to be something wrong with the link because a string of numbers & letters is visible instead of an image.
    Not sure if it tied in with the "needing approval" or if the link isn't correct, but wanted to be sure you knew.

Looking forward to more posts tonight!
    Weird as I just saw the picture when you posted, but now I see the numbers too. Very strange. I'll look into it.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    @ADWilson - Does it work now? Either the forums are still having issues or Flickr is. I just used tinypic for now. Hopefully, you see it now. :smile:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories