Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff game disc before proceeding."

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2014
    The problem I'm having with High-end loft stuff is I have it downloaded to my computer, but when I try to play it, it says disc authentication failure please insert Late Night sims 3 to continue. The problem is I don't want to play Late Night I'm want to play High-end loft stuff. The sims 3 base game and late night work fine,but the High-end loft stuff doesn't want to play.

You can't play High-End Loft stuff or Late Night - you can only play the game, which is called The Sims 3.
    The reason they are called expansion packs is because they expand the game. They are called stuff packs because they add stuff to the game.

As so many others have already explained, you need to start the game with the latest release that you have installed. In your case, that is apparently Late Night.
    If you ever get Into the Future, you will need to start the game with that disk because that is the final release of the series (even if you install something else after that).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    MAHLER7500MAHLER7500 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    MY CAME DONE THE SAME THING. i WENT AND GOT A DVR CLEANER RAN IT IN MY DRIVE. CLEAR PROBLEM UP.
  • Options
    Simplayer89067Simplayer89067 Posts: 3
    edited February 2014
    its telling you to put in the sims 3 pets because that must have been the last one you installed, put that one in and you can still play the other sims game. when you install the sims games the lastest one you install have all the games on it as well as the new one you got do you get it. can you help me too, my sis's friend came over to install the sims 3 showtime and we played it but she left with it and now i can't play any of them because it keeps coming up with please insert sims 3 showtime but i don't have that disc anymore what do i do, cause i don't want to get rid of it, HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
    im in the same situation i installed a stuff pack (movie stuff) and i cant play sims 3 on my laptop BUT I INSTALLED SOME CONTENT!!!! :?: :?:
  • Options
    BrittRockzBrittRockz Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I just installed World Adventures and Generations and I tried playing it and it told me to insert The Sims 3 Supernatural, I did that and tried playing it and noticed there were no new worlds, and I would think there would be at least one new world because it is "World Adventures" I don't know what I should do. :|
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2014
    BrittRockz wrote:
    I just installed World Adventures and Generations and I tried playing it and it told me to insert The Sims 3 Supernatural, I did that and tried playing it and noticed there were no new worlds, and I would think there would be at least one new world because it is "World Adventures" I don't know what I should do. :|

WA has 3 sub-worlds. You play your main world and send your Sims "on vacation" to China, Egypt or France.
    You might want to search for some "Let's plays" on youtube or google some info before you send your Sims "on vacation" so that you have some clue as to what you are doing. This is a good site http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    WoohooInTheCityWoohooInTheCity Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Ugh I'm having a similar problem with this game as well! Like I've tried clicking on it/playing it from everywhere (Origin,Start menu, etc) and it won't play. And whenever I click on it from Origin, the game launcher pops up and when I press play I get an error saying "There is no disc inserted. Please insert The Sims 3 Late Night disc" when I clearly pressed play on High End Loft. Hopefully this makes sense sorry I'm not very good at explaining. Can anyone help me?
  • Options
    GemmyKatGemmyKat Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    i just got Island Paradise and i installed it without a problem but then in the part when you chose the family you want to play with it can find my island paradise disc.People have told me to try it with the most recent released disc, but it isn't asking for the disc and when i try it it asks for my most recent installed EP. Plz help
  • Options
    SandraErmay20SandraErmay20 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    I just bought The Sims 3 Pets and installed it on my MacBook Pro now i can't fine the game anywhere!!!!! :shock: :?: HELP PLEASE!!!!!
  • Options
    SandraErmay20SandraErmay20 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    Who else has a Mac and couldn't find the game(The Sims) after you installed it??????
  • Options
    cKayD19cKayD19 Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    So I have several EPs, the latest (published) of which is a disk form of Island Paradise. Some of my EPs are digital, and I've never had a problem with those before. But for some reason, the game doesn't want to recognize the disk from Island Paradise when I run it sometimes. Not all the time, just sometimes, which is really frustrating. I have an external disk drive because my Macbook Air doesn't have an internal one. Is there a way for me to get a digital copy so that I can play the game without the disk? It shows up in my Origin account with the serial code, but once I click the play button, it opens the launcher and then the launcher asks me for the Island Paradise disk. I want to be able to play it without the disk, is there a way for me to do that?
  • Options
    Cindy123gCindy123g Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I got the game at the store the game that came with 3 disk and when i wanna play my third disc it says that i need to put Sims 3 late night but i wanna play the other one, i was reading the other comments and your saying that i need the other disc to but how am i suppose to put both disk at the same time??!?!?!?!?
  • Options
    bwinterkellybwinterkelly Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    So frusterated!
    I go to play the sims tonight and it says 'no disk found please insert Movie stuff pack' so I open up my drive and the disk is there. I try restarting my computer MANY TIMES! Each time open and closing the drive before opening the launcher and I'm getting the same message.
    Sometime it even goes as far as letting me get in the game about to click my family to have the message pop up again saying 'no disk found' blah blah blah. This is the second time this has happened! The last time restarting my computer worked. This time it didn't :(
    Yes I own all my games nothing illegal. I don't want to have to u instal and reinstall as I love my family and my house I built! I could cry right now.
  • Options
    Moondance91Moondance91 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    well i seem to be having the same problem. it was working until i put in the high end loft disc. now it wont even work! n one of them do...
  • Options
    TifaniTifani Posts: 1 New Member
    This is sort of late (very late), but I've just recently found a solution that works (it may or may not work for others). Click the start menu button and search up 'Device Manager'. Then, find the tab that says 'DVD/CD-ROM Drives' and double click it. The name and picture of a disc should pop up, double click it and your computer should recognize it. Hopefully this works for you.