The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JAMMIN JULY GIFT EXCHANGE ~~~ SIMS 3 ONLY ~~~ CC FREE ~~~ Gifting Now Open!!!!! :)

Comments

• AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    @KaytayRoall I am so glad you like them. When I saw you had gotten LN I knew you had to have an apartment, they are tons of fun to play in. Lol I must admit I had some friends in grade school who were twins and they were super fun to hang out with, which is why I love to add twins to my game.
    I have reuploaded all the gifts that contained cc and updated the links in my original posts as well :)
  • ObviouSecretObviouSecret Posts: 233 Member
    Alright, so here's whats going on with me!

The other day, I went to save my game and as it saved, my laptop shut down! (Overheating)
    Sooo, long story short, my main save with my gifts was corrupted! :(

I had a save with my main gift just about ready to be playtested and a shell of another gift, so I've been working really hard to try to get the second gift back to where it was. I'm really sorry for running so late, buddy! I feel just terrible! <3:/

The main gift was going to be the last one shown, but I think I'll just post it tonight and keep working on the other one. (It's really, really close!)

Then I'll be able to catch up on everyone else's beautiful gifts! <3:)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Alright, so here's whats going on with me!

The other day, I went to save my game and as it saved, my laptop shut down! (Overheating)
    Sooo, long story short, my main save with my gifts was corrupted! :(

I had a save with my main gift just about ready to be playtested and a shell of another gift, so I've been working really hard to try to get the second gift back to where it was. I'm really sorry for running so late, buddy! I feel just terrible! <3:/

The main gift was going to be the last one shown, but I think I'll just post it tonight and keep working on the other one. (It's really, really close!)

Then I'll be able to catch up on everyone else's beautiful gifts! <3:)

Oh, no! Sorry to be reading this. I had a laptop (note the keyword "had"!) that actually could not be used placed on my lap because the case would get hot while I played Sims... all I can say is thank goodness I wear jeans. Anyway, long story short, to me a laptop that can't travel due to overheating and quick battery drain is a useless piece of electronics and even though it wasn't old by any means (had it for less than two years), hubby replaced it with a desktop that I couldn't be more happy with. I might not be able to travel with my Sims game, but I no longer run the risk of getting burned.

GLAD to hear that you have more than the main save (since that one got corrupted... boo hiss, shame on you laptop!) so are able to re-create what you lost. I don't know if you use mods or not, but if you do... nraas has one called Saver. It periodically prompts the user to save their game with the default setting at 30-minute intervals and cycles through 4 different saves. I have had several game crashes since installing it and find myself not panicking as much as I used to because I now know that I only lost 30 minutes of real time instead of two hours (or more!) worth of work.
    @AriyAriy

A pile of gifts I see.
    Oh. My. Goodness. They're for me!

Gazebo Square Shopping - A diner, art gallery, clothing boutique and more... this multi-purpose place is perfect for Riverview and my game! The bumblebee themed playground is adorable.

Penny Pincher - I saw the name and thought of the gal from Twinbrook, but quickly saw that this is a newly minted penny LOL <3 her description and the way she looks.

Craig Cooks - Cooking is a favorite skill & job of mine in the game. Craig has character, charm and generous friends who are helping him realize his dream of opening a restaurant.

LOVE the names Dan Frame and Pam Picture and look forward to meeting them.

Thank YOU for these lovely gifts.
    @AriyAriy

Three Squares Apartments - sounds like a great place to live the apartment life due to all of the extra amenities that were added.

Harris Family - they seem like a busy, but fun family!

The E. Thumbglove Community Center - GREAT idea! The history in the description made me chuckle. So many fun activities to do in one convenient location. Bridgeport is more than clubs & partying, it's family friendly now.

Edward & Cora Rose - from the description, life has had its ups and downs for this couple. Now that they're older (looks like they are in the elder stage) their return to Bridgeport is a 2nd chance... a fresh start... for these two.

Civic Plaza & Bistro - Another GREAT idea! Sims working downtown will appreciate having this bistro within walking distance.

East Tradewinds Shipping Co. - LOVE the idea and description of the Shipping Crate Bar! I'm curious... does this replace the original building?

BFFs - look like they'll be a fun trio to play!

Rhapsody in Grey - A duplex is a perfect solution for sims who don't want to own a house but have problems with apartment elevators.

Willis Couple - With her sporty look and his artistic attitude (am going by the picture), it appears that once again opposites do attract!

Modern Starter - this small space is a perfect place to start out life but is better than an apartment because sims won't hear their neighbors TV through the walls and there is possibly room for adding a small garden.

With all of these wonderful creations, i am seriously tempted to "borrow" them - edit Bridgeport - and give it another go.
    @SciFiWarlock

Vision in Blue... Sorta
    First impression: The blue literally pops against the white-grey brickwork. With its landscaping and architectural design, it definitely has curb appeal... it also rises above its neighbors and stands out in the sea of muted colors (the neighbors' homes). Went on the tour and was really impressed. Favorite room: Kitchen!
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited July 2015
    Another day, another gift for @friendsfan367!

Today, I would like to introduce you to the Mayfield Family! Their full story can be found here.

Mayfield7.png

Post edited by KaytayRoall on
    @KaytayRoall

Eva, Barry & Holly are a wonderfully unusual family. Their story is beautifully written and gives people a good idea of where they came from and how they formed their happy little family. GREAT job!
  • AriyAriyAriyAriy Posts: 322 Member
    @ADWilson I am glad you like your gifts and I am working on the last two right now :)
    @KaytayRoall Also on the bar the building still works for employment, you just have to zoom in and click on the building to get the job.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I don't have all airly's rec'd yet, but I rec'd the ones uploaded last night. Otherwisw, I am caught up on all rec's so far.
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Kay I really like the Mayfield family! I haven't played plantsims in a long time. Maybe it's time I did again huh? lol
    edited July 2015
    @AriyAriy Welcome to Owen's Docks!

You said "fun and abstract" and the first thing I thought of was this aquarium I had seen someone build that took up a whole wall of their house. That, mixed with the warm weather we've been having, made we want to build around water!

I bulldozed the Old Pier Beach lot and placed a 64x64 lot as close to where it was as possible. A bit complicated, I know, but I hope the build is worth it!

Owen's Docks includes a restaurant, bar, arcade, cafe, and tiny gym. It also has a wedding arch, a party room, a tower, and lot of space to fill with any items you may acquire in the future!

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8708792

Pictures:
    DockFront_zpseo6wc5ga.jpgDockNight_zps9keys952.jpg

There's the aquarium on the main floor of the restaurant...
    DockAquarium_zpsixvxwamn.jpg

...right below the main dining room.
    DockRestaurant_zpsmepfq9nq.jpg

Stop at the cafe for a snack...
    DockCafe_zpswxycdn5a.jpg

...and the bar to relax...
    DockBar_zpsbvamaitt.jpg

or for drinks after a wedding!
    DockWedding_zps5uxhvd21.jpg

And, should you decide to get Island Paradise, Owen's Docks can be changed from a hangout to a port!
    DockPort_zpsypmzzyvr.jpg

I used limited store items because they don't say which sets they're from in game and I can't look them up while building, so I hope nothing got through! You can try adding it anywhere along the beach, I just wanted it to be nearest the road as possible.

I hope you enjoy my first gift to you! <3:)
    @ObviouSecret Sorry about the computer issues! But glad you were able to get things going again :)

I've just read the description of the Owens Docks so far and it sounds wonderful! Can't wait to explore some more! I hope you get to post pictures without too much of an issue.
    tanubanue wrote: »
    @ObviouSecret Sorry about the computer issues! But glad you were able to get things going again :)

I've just read the description of the Owens Docks so far and it sounds wonderful! Can't wait to explore some more! I hope you get to post pictures without too much of an issue.

Pictures are up! Bwaha!

I've never actually gotten the approval comment before today, but I know some people say to post all the text then edit pictures in and it doesn't happen. Seems to work! :D
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Another day, another gift for @friendsfan367!

Today, I would like to introduce you to the Mayfield Family!

Meet Eva Mayfield.
    EvaMayfield.png

She was raised in a very traditional fairy village, far from civilization. They were responsible for the well-being of the forest in which their village was located. As she grew up, she was forever told of the evils of technology and how it devoured the wilderness and ruined nature.

Eva was not convinced. As soon as she was old enough, she left the village and enrolled in University, studying science. She was determined to prove those of her village wrong and show that science could be used for the good of nature, not just it's destruction. At Uni, she soon found that her old-fashioned etiquette was considered odd and awkward, so she struggled to make friends. Instead, she devoted all of her time to her studies.
    Mayfield1.png

She worked long and hard, but finally graduated with straight As. Her final project had been to splice her own DNA with that of plants. She planted the resulting seeds.
    Mayfield2.png

Then she waited for them to grow. With maybe a little help from some fairy magic.
    Mayfield3.png

Once fully grown, she pulled the plant from the ground.
    Mayfield4.png

Both surprised and delighted by the results of her experiment, Eva wrapped the plantsim baby in a blanket and named him Barry.
    Mayfield5.png

Of course, science is based upon repeatable results and Eva had planted two of the special seeds. So Barry had a sister, named Holly.
    Mayfield6.png

Eva devoted herself to raising Barry and Holly and before she knew it, they grew into toddlers. They're a happy, if very unusual, little family.
    Mayfield7.png

(Barry and Holly have been taught all of their toddler skills as well as read the toddler skill books. Eva has the following skills: Fishing 3, Cooking 5, Logic 6, Science 7, Gardening 7. She does not have a job, since she's been devoting her time to raising Barry and Holly and this way you can choose what career she pursues or even have her continue to be a stay-at-home mom.)

kat another gift. i love them its going to fun seeing how my now four cats react. they aren't supernatural fans it turns out. i had the full moon on last night and when the zombies came out they nearly jumped out of their fur. and i think one of the kittens peed itself from fright.

Pictures are up! Bwaha!

I've never actually gotten the approval comment before today, but I know some people say to post all the text then edit pictures in and it doesn't happen. Seems to work! :D

It's beautiful and creative :) I always think how the worlds don't have enough ocean side bars and restaurants. Just getting back from Bermuda that was one of the most fun and relaxing things ~ Sitting on a bar stool with a nice drink and watching the waves while listening to some great live music. Ahhhh....I wanna go back now lol Guess I'll have to go back virtually ;)

Pictures are up! Bwaha!

It's beautiful and creative :) I always think how the worlds don't have enough ocean side bars and restaurants. Just getting back from Bermuda that was one of the most fun and relaxing things ~ Sitting on a bar stool with a nice drink and watching the waves while listening to some great live music. Ahhhh....I wanna go back now lol Guess I'll have to go back virtually ;)

going back virtually is cheaper.

Pictures are up! Bwaha!

going back virtually is cheaper.

Very true but not nearly as much fun :)
    @ObviouSecret

Owen's Dock is a GREAT idea! <3 the design and colors used.
    **** Please remember to only post 3 or 4 pictures here in the thread and to start another gift thread if you have more and also when you quote please remove the picture url's first.

Really not sure if this still breaks threads or not but just in case Thanks!!! :)

I'm glad everyone is having so much fun and enjoying all the goodies for their games! We still have a few more gifts to come in so party is still on!!!! :p
    **** Please remember to only post 3 or 4 pictures here in the thread and to start another gift thread if you have more and also when you quote please remove the picture url's first.

Really not sure if this still breaks threads or not but just in case Thanks!!! :)

I'm glad everyone is having so much fun and enjoying all the goodies for their games! We still have a few more gifts to come in so party is still on!!!! :p

its almost 9 here. i wish mom wasn't picking me up for work at 11. i'm curious how the cats will react to the fairy and plant sims. being cats i thought they would like supernaturals .aparently no one told them . i was afraid that if kay read what i posted eariler she might think i didn't like todays gifts . i do like them i just don't have time to see the cats reaction yet will they love them will they run away . i don't know yet. lol.
    yea i found cianes castle. sorry for spamming the thread but i'm the only one here.

its almost 9 here. i wish mom wasn't picking me up for work at 11. i'm curious how the cats will react to the fairy and plant sims. being cats i thought they would like supernaturals .aparently no one told them . i was afraid that if kay read what i posted eariler she might think i didn't like todays gifts . i do like them i just don't have time to see the cats reaction yet will they love them will they run away . i don't know yet. lol.

I don't think Kay took it wrong as it did sound like you were just curious to find out what they would do :) That's what's fun about the game you just never know sometimes even if you put them in two different games their reaction might not be the same.

I don't think Kay took it wrong as it did sound like you were just curious to find out what they would do :) That's what's fun about the game you just never know sometimes even if you put them in two different games their reaction might not be the same.

i was hopeing thats how it sounded but i wanted to make sure she knew i liked the gift because we've only been friends since i found out she was my buddy.

i was hopeing thats how it sounded but i wanted to make sure she knew i liked the gift because we've only been friends since i found out she was my buddy.

That makes me feel good too as it means I've matched you up well :)