Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor To Rich Challenge

Okay, I'm sorry if this is already created (because that is very likely) but I have created (if not re-created) the Poor -> Rich challenge.

You start off with a sim, any traits, any aspiration.
But you can't use : Any 'Fortune' Aspirations, Materialistic or Perfectionist.

You must have the trait 'Ambitious'. Creative is recommended, as it will help you raise more money with painting and book writing.

You cannot have the Nano Trash Can and your job must be Culinary (Starting as an Assistant Dishwasher) until you have a house that consists of 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 2 living rooms/sitting rooms, 1 Dining Room, A cupcake factory, 1 Study and an extra room (recommended to be used as a craft room / a room to help you make more money).

RULES
_____

Under any circumstances you may not use money cheats!
You cannot move anybody in unless they are your Boyfriend / Girlfriend.
You can have kids.
You mustn't use any cheats, actually. (Unless they're to de-bug / fix any problems.
Feel free to have multiple sims, but this makes the challenge harder as only one sim may have the Culinary job and no other, The family can paint but if there's children you also have to get them to school.
You cannot buy Professional Slacker, Connections, Frugal, Entrepreneurial, Marketable or Free Services from the rewards store.

If your unsure or simply don't know about something, do say and ask any questions / suggest rules.
I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
eM56lKI.png
Call me Sub

Comments

• Options
    SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    It would be very nice if you guys posted or read this XD
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    gameliagamelia Posts: 703 Member
    What is the end goal? What defines "rich"? In other words, how do I complete the challenge?
    --+++ Simming since 2000. All packs. All in! +++--
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    gamelia wrote: »
    What is the end goal? What defines "rich"? In other words, how do I complete the challenge?

"Rich" is defined as the full house, 2 children, a lover ( or multiple if you want to spice up the challenge ). you complete the challenge once that is finished, or you think you have.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    This sounds somewhat similar to the Rosebud Challenge, where the goal is to earn the in-game Rosebud Achievement (amass 1,000,000 simoleons in a single household). There is a spin-off version, Rosebud Solitaire, where you only need to amass 500,000 but are restricted to just one Sim. Have you taken a peek at either of those, @yellowsubmarine?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @SimPoseyYum Never heard of them, and didn't realize there was an achievement for it. I did say:

"Okay, I'm sorry if this is already created (because that is very likely) but I have created (if not re-created) the Poor -> Rich challenge."

Because I didn't know if it had already been created;or if something was created but similar.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    No harm No Foul ;) the Rosebud Challenge is the Sims 4 version of what was called the Rags-to-Riches Challenge long ago in Sims 3 (and Sims 2). You have proposed some interesting twists which intrigue me. I see no reason for you not to share your ideas as long as proper credit is given. I noticed your signature says "not doing any challenges, my sims crashes everytime". This makes me wonder if you have been able to test your version of the challenge.
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2015
    @SimPoseyYum Never heard of them, and didn't realize there was an achievement for it. I did say:

"Okay, I'm sorry if this is already created (because that is very likely) but I have created (if not re-created) the Poor -> Rich challenge."

Because I didn't know if it had already been created;or if something was created but similar.
    As @EuphorialQueen said, no harm, no foul. I wasn't trying to scold :blush: . (Hope you didn't take it that way.) I was just wondering if you'd seen either of those Challenges because yours reminded me of them.

And hey! You changed your name! :)

ETA: I just read about the ordeal you went through with name-changing. Sheesh! That was weird! Glad you've gotten it back the way you wanted :).
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen yes, I have been able to test it but I created 2 new sims which seem to have killed my game, therefore I can nolonger play it.

@SimPoseyYum Righty'ho then.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    @SimPoseyYum thanks for the positive feedback, and at first yes I did take it in a scolding way - but now it's all cleared up. :) I'm just about to try the sims 4 again, after giving it a very long break. Wish me luck!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Do you start with 0 simoleons or are you allowed to use the 20.000 starting funds?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Julyvee94 You start with the 20.000, you buy a house, then use what you have left to continue the challenge.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Options
    RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    I think I'm going to add another twist to it when I do it, kind of like what @Julyvee94 said, where I am going to buy a plot of land, but then use a money cheat to have only 100 simoleons, and have to live by visiting others houses and eating their food, being a glutton and looking for food in the garbage, and I'm not going to start with a career, pretending my sim couldn't find one --- no idea how this is going to work, but she can fish, woodwork, paint, etc. for money... I am using your rules, but my challenge is going to end when she can own/buy a house worth 100,000 simoleons... If you still check this, @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor, please tell me if this is alright, or I will stop doing it. Also, please tell me if you like my new twist on it... thanks so much for this idea, I wanted to find something similar, and I definitely did!!! Thanks for creating this!!!
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    Oops! I meant 10 simoleons!!! This makes it REALLY hard!!!
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
  • Options
    RoggieBear wrote: »
    I think I'm going to add another twist to it when I do it, kind of like what @Julyvee94 said, where I am going to buy a plot of land, but then use a money cheat to have only 100 simoleons, and have to live by visiting others houses and eating their food, being a glutton and looking for food in the garbage, and I'm not going to start with a career, pretending my sim couldn't find one --- no idea how this is going to work, but she can fish, woodwork, paint, etc. for money... I am using your rules, but my challenge is going to end when she can own/buy a house worth 100,000 simoleons... If you still check this, @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor, please tell me if this is alright, or I will stop doing it. Also, please tell me if you like my new twist on it... thanks so much for this idea, I wanted to find something similar, and I definitely did!!! Thanks for creating this!!!

@RoggieBear - I only just saw this, so so so sorry for the late reply- but go ahead! This sounds like a great idea!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub