Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @wyn erp.. I actually did now I have to go remake them XD oh well I'll keep my Franklins for me and make new ones I guess? XD Here's my Franklins I was gonna use :D
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    CHALLENGE #: 23
    FORUM ID: PersRealmsShadow
    ORIGIN ID: PersRealmsShadow
    LEVEL: I have.. no idea
    LOT: PRS BnS Chal. 23 (I know.. Creative that's me!)
    TOTAL COST: 28,096
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow Here (I would like to point out.. I dunno how to make one?)
    ENTRY DETAILS: A modern designed home, with country touches inside. The outside bring the shine of glass to the roughness of stone. A large outdoor patio contains a water feature, along with Chess, a small dining area and a BBQ. Out in the "woods" out back you'll also find a place to garden.

WS2tmm7h.jpg

SIM: Franklins
    ENTRY DETAILS: Taylor is a hippie who loves the modern things, and Julie is a punk who just wants to get back to basics. Taylor is reaching to be a modern painter, while Julie wants to be good at it all. This couple is definitely a case of opposites attract. They're making a good life for themselves though, and that new tiny home fits just fine. (As soon as Taylor buys himself an easel!) (editors note. Deliberately didn't put an Easel in, I figured he'd have to work to earn it, like every frustrated artist XD)

qNChQ9Zh.jpg

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC.
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    This challenge really sounds like fun. I'd like to participate.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

multi-level allowed?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

edited July 2015
    CHALLENGE #: 23 think Tiny
    FORUM ID: Mommataurus2
    ORIGIN ID: Mommataurus2
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Eco Friendly A-Frame
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 28,468
    TOTAL COST: 29,968
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/0el1H/new
    ENTRY DETAILS: Eco Friendly A-Frame is decorated in a Mid-Century Modern style because I like how that particular style works with a bohemian style and when I hear cottage, I think Bohemian. So I feel this style works well for the two. My Franklin's being the young lovebirds, that they are, have dedicated themselves to the preservation and protection of the environment so their home caters to those passions. There is no television or stereo. So they read for entertainment or play horseshoes. I have provided on the lot both a trash bin and a "recycle" bin. And there are already some wonderful harvestables available on the lot as well as in the refrigerator. My Taylor Franklin also has a passion for photography so there are many personal photos in the build as well. Enjoy.

00.jpg
    yjn0kCg.png

Sims: Franklins (in the gallery as Meet The Franklins)
    Link to Entry Slideshow: imgur.com/a/MMF8u
    00.jpg
    Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    if it's 2 levels is the 50 tiles counting where roofs might go or stairs? :/

The 50 tiles would include the ground floor where the stairs are placed, but the necessary open space required for the stairs on the 2nd floor would not be part of the 50 tiles.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    wyn wrote: »
    I assume it's 1 entry per person right? I only ask because I made 2, since I wasn't 100% pleased with the shape of the first, lol.

I don't think we've ever had a double entry before! We'll be happy to give feedback on both builds, but you can only "place" once in your category :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    We have started a Mini Micro theme in honor of your Think Tiny Build-n-Share challenge. Here is the link Support Think Tiny @ Build-n-Share

Edit: In no way are we trying to copy your original idea....we just wanted to be supportive.

See here Theme: Support Build-n-Share:Think Tiny

Awesome! Thanks so much for the support. Looking forward to even more participation from your Micro Mini builders :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Hi. Creeping in because it's a tiny theme.

Q1: I'm assuming because the couple inherited the land (already paid for) it's not included in the budget? So gallery price not to exceed 30k?

Q2: Hand-made chimneys - assuming they don't count as floorspace as they aren't useable?

Q1-correct. For this challenge, the inherited lot does not count against the $30,000 budget.

Q2 - a hand made chimney outside the main walls for decorative purposes would not count as part of the 50 tiles. Inside, it would be using part of your 50 tiles.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited July 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: #BnS23
    FORUM ID: Lisa17Ann
    ORIGIN ID: Lisa17Ann
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Compact Cutie
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 27,997
    TOTAL COST: 29,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s70.photobucket.com/user/puppyhugger17/slideshow/Compact Cutie?sort=9

ENTRY DETAILS: Compact Cutie is a traditional styled cottage on the outside but, on the inside it has a more modern feel. It's fully Open plan except for the bathroom) to give a feeling of more space in such a tiny space. Kitchenette is compact but, with lot's of storage. Shelves have been added to bedroom space for displaying nicknack's and, for keeping everyday items at easy access. To the outside of the property is plenty of land for further expansion in the future if wanted or needed. A patio is also to the back of the property with seating area, BBQ, and planters for growing flower or veggies. I think The Franklin's will be very happy here for years to come!

Side Note: I am on vacation/Holiday and don't have access to my desktop so using a laptop and the lighting doesn't seem as good on it? Apologies for slightly dark pictures.

SIM: N/A
    SIM N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please =)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, MOO, showhiddenobjects, Debug, ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1.jpg
    3.jpg

34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited July 2015
    re-posted
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi. Creeping in because it's a tiny theme.

Q1: I'm assuming because the couple inherited the land (already paid for) it's not included in the budget? So gallery price not to exceed 30k?

Q2: Hand-made chimneys - assuming they don't count as floorspace as they aren't useable?

Q1-correct. For this challenge, the inherited lot does not count against the $30,000 budget.

Q2 - a hand made chimney outside the main walls for decorative purposes would not count as part of the 50 tiles. Inside, it would be using part of your 50 tiles.

Thank you.

Q3: I've got a second story (as well as front/back deck stairs), but it's accessed by external stairs? I have excluded them from the count because:

"Interior floor space can be no more than 50 squares total"

Hope this is also OK?

If it is, I'm all but done with the house except for the yard and cluttering :)
    @Lisa17ann I really love the interior of your home. Although it is modern it's so cozy.
    and @Zita1966z What an interesting take on the challenge. I really like the kitchen design! Where'd you get those cabinets?! Did they come with Spa?! I so need Spa....
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thank you SO much @mommataurus2 It is a really challenge for me doing modern anything I'm such a cottage/traditional builder that it means so much to me! I love your A frame as well! I've been wanting to do one for ages because I keep seeing them done so well and yours is another added to my list of beautiful A frames! It looks so spacious and I love the window shelves with plants just adorable! I have all packs for the Sims4 (because I'm just that addicted lol) and I have no clue about the counters either! They are stunning. But, MissZita has her ways of building I will never understand :D
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

Yep, those counters/cabinets are from Spa. They are smexi.
    Aww thank you @Lisa17ann for your kind comments. I had never done an A-frame before. :) So this was fun. I wish i had more clutter to put on the shelves but I guess clutter free shelving is more modern...Just hate mooing everything in place. Yes we should just have her change her screen name to The Royal Zita1966! lol! Her builds make me want to drop to my knees and proclaim my unworthiness lmbo!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@mommataurus2 :D I'm gonna stick your A-frame next to mine in MicroMiniVillage LOL
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited July 2015
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the support. Looking forward to even more participation from your Micro Mini builders :D
    I am so happy, that your happy! I see a few of our Mini Micro Builder here already :) Yea for creativeness and Simmers!

• EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited July 2015
    I <3 Love <3@BuildNShare challenges! I joined the @BuildersBoulevard Community many moons ago in Sims two when it was UBERSimmers. So many great memories! Glad to introduce 'newcomers' to the @BuildNShare Experience.

Join the #MicroMini Movement http://tinyurl.com/MiniMicroBuildSims Creating Big Things in Small Spaces
    House finished. Turned out nice, but unusual, so I don't know if it will be to everyone's taste. Time to make the Franklins. :P
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @BuildnShare Hi, it's been awhile since I've submitted an entry for a round, but I love small builds and couldn't resist giving this a go. I'm absolutely loving all the entries submitted so far! \o/ Great job! I have a question though...

I'm assuming the answer is, 'no, they don't count because they're outside', but, do decks, porches and custom made roofs count toward the 50 tile limit? I think I'm good on the interior living space, it's one floor and 48 tiles, but I also have two porches and a side deck with an attached pool and a custom made plant trellis roof above the deck on the build.

I'm not so concerned about the porches, but the custom roof I made with the deck tool and fencing so it shows as a second floor when it really is not. Thanks! :)
    House finished. Turned out nice, but unusual, so I don't know if it will be to everyone's taste. Time to make the Franklins. :P

Can't wait to see what you came up with @Emmavane. I love your builds.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

edited July 2015
    I'm still waiting to hear if external stairs are okay. Might need to rebuild. :p

I've made the Franklins and will continue play testing later. Catching up on some shows for a bit.
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    currently i have my tester sim working on a bunch of paintings for more decoration options
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
    edited July 2015
    Argh... Had issues with being able to sleep in the bed, but not WooHoo... Rearanged bedroom several different ways... Ended up putting it back how it was with the bed moved slightly. Needs 1.5 tiles between bottom of bed and dresser, it seems, even though I only need 0.5 tile elsewhere.

Also... Playtesting with 2 sims... I usually play single sims. I don't like it :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top