Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For honesty and official word on Toddlers, Story Progression, CASt, Open World,etc

axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I ask of anyone who reads this, and wants to know the truth about one or all of the things i mentioned to just comment "signed" Us simmers need to band together and protect this beloved series from being destroyed.

Many people have felt betrayed, upset, and downright wronged by the things EA has done to its loyal fans. They have disappointed us by not only brushing our opinions and feelings aside, but they have disregarded things that we have asked them about and have had concerns for. EA has been lying to us since the very beginning.
Toddlers

In the very beginning, When TS4 was first being developed we were told that the game would provide the simming expirence with ALL life stages. It was not only said in an interview, but was written in word too. About a month before the game came out, they announced in a post titled "What’s Out and What’s In" That toddlers would not be included in the fourth iteration of our beloved game. They acted like it was a little thing that nobody would miss, but its not. Some may say that toddlers are a minuscule part of the game, but I would beg to differ. It takes away from the full immersion and the absence of toddlers is an extremely upsetting thing to many simmers. One simmer in particular, and a pretty awesome person @sparkfairy1 even created a huge thread about EA's disregarding and brushing away of family play. If you havent read of seen this post, and are interested I highly recommend going there. They indeed have been very silent and have left many things unanswered.
Story Progression

Story progression has long been something that has lacked spotlight for a long, long time. It was first introduced in TS3 when people would (rarely) get married, move out, and have babies. Then came along probably one of the most amazing mods ever created. It brought the gaming expirence to a whole NEW level. Allowing non rotational players to play one household, but watch as other friends and family members of that household got married, divorced, pregnant, move in and out, and so on. It was an incredible thing, that was loved by SO many players. And it should return.
Open World

This has to be the second most important thing in my eyes. It not only brought immersion and gameplay to a whole new level, but it made for a seamless experience that was in my opinion one of the most important additions to the sims games. When the game first came out, The lack of open world didn't bother me. I was fine with going back to TS2 styled worlds, especially when we were told about these "Amazing public spaces" but turns out, they are pretty much useless. We were told that the load screens were adjusted so we would spend less time sitting and more time playing, but that is false. Having to go through a skippy, long load screen makes me want to stay at my sims homes, and it really feels closed in and like you have no room to do anything. We can also talk about how they have cheap world backgrounds and the worlds are not only beautiful, but FAKE looking and have cheap cardboard clouds and backgrounds. If you have not experienced this, open up your game, get into your household, press the TAB button, and take a zoom out, use the "E" key to move the camera up and down, and you'll see what I'm talking about. A tiny, glitchy looking, fake world. Yes, TS3 had this, but it was a HUGE plot of land, and had a 3D background, and real clouds. Lastly, EA, we do notice that you reuse the lot layouts in each world. Take the Goth's neighborhood for an example, look at the layout, where the roads go, the water, and then go into newcrest. Load up a lot in the neighborhood in the lower left hand corner of the world map, and take a look. The layout is EXACTLY the same! Another example would be the main area in granite falls, and the neighborhood with the largest lot in Willow Creek. Same exact layouts. Land, water, and all. The main drawback of the world system in this game is the fact that we cannot even place more lots, the world map seems unchangeable and permanent, but the least that should be done is the creation of Create A World tool so simmers can have more room and space.
Color Wheel

This has to be one of the biggest things that players have been complaining about. The lack of customization. We went from TS2 with swatches for multiple things to TS3 with a complete RGB color spectrum and pattern customization to TS4 with no separate swatches for things like bed frames and sheets to cushions and couch frames. All im wanting for this is a simple color wheel, with Red-Violet options, black, white, and an intensity slider. Nothing extravagant, no patterns, just colors, and the ability to change a texture from wood to stone and vise versa.
Olympus

In case you didn't know what Olympus is, Its basically a rumor that is pretty much true about what the sims 4 was, and why all of the things I have mentioned are missing. One word and one word only. - Online. Olympus was the original name for the sims 4, and it was a completely online game. But due to the complete fail of SimCity 2013, Olympus was immediately taken and changed from online to offline, with only ONE year to be completed and shipped out as The Sims 4. Check more out on tumblr

Its time to be honest, EA

EA, we know the things youve done, we know how you have chopped and botched up the game we love, So I ask one thing of you, To be honest to us. Tell us a YES or NO on things that ive mentioned. We have been patient long enough, and Im done waiting. Im fed up, and demand answers, Now.

I dont need any no-it-all people coming in here trying to tear this thread down and prove me wrong. I have heard through credible sources that all of these things can and could have been done, but due to time constraints and a heinously put together game engine. This is a safe area, a petition asking kindly for EA and the sims team to be completely honest to us. To own up to mistakes they have made and how they have disregarded thousands of upset players. I love the sims series, but im terribly worried that EA is destroying this amazing title. They have the ability to fix things, but people's wallets are closing fast. And not everyone is going to be waiting around for EA to say that they wont create these things. I fear that EA knows that because they have no competition, they can butchor a game and get away with it, because players will buy it. Scroll down to sign.

I would love if everyone who signs this could add it into their signature just by copying and pasting the following into your sig.

Signature: Petition for honesty from EA on subjects like Toddlers, CASt, Open World, Story Progression, OLYMPUS, etc... http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844877/petition-for-honesty-and-official-word-from-ea-on-toddlers-story-progression-cast-open-world-etc?new=1

Signs:

1. @axel1015
2. @Invaderchickycat
3. @Breazona
4. @Prink34320
5. @Moxitop
6. @Peacie5
7. @Scobre
8. @king_of_simcity7
9. @woahbro1
10. @Bebefoffy1235
11. @JessicaSimston
12. @Binibini
13. @LoveMcQueen5683
14. @CharityHope
15. @simIrrevirre
16. @Colorist40
17. @John_Salonica
18. @ChadSims2
19. @JoxerTM22
20. @bekkasan
21. @GrayLady2010
22. @Cabelle1863
23. @Swjosdotschka2
24. @FlootieBeauty
25. @Sara74469
26. @Astro
27. @GreenDay
28. @MzB06
29. @pAnDabEar321
30. @marcellala
31. @crockatail
32. @fairysassy
33. @orlyonok
34. @GoldenBuffy
35. @sexierjess17
36. @JoAnne65
37. @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor
38. @junceda
39. @CherbitDip
40. @picklesthecat114
41. @MaryJos
42. @Piinkbunnie
43. @nicolethepopcorn
44. @Amathyst8
45. @SimmerForLife101
46. @MasonGamer
47. @Stefxxc
48. @GRIMMY
49. @Aniya455
50. @ZSims601
51. @aj_4182
52. @esharpmajor
53. @SimSwim2
54. @gc6164
55. @arimi00
56. @lxsrenick
57. @bonsai7
58. @nickymar
59. @mywatt139
60. @cyron43
61. @ULIBABA66
62. @anettesb
63. @picklesthecat114
64. @james64468
65. @manda9801
66. @colesprimaryacc
67. @slyvanas
68. @writin_reg
69. @pocketsworld
70. @isynyah
71. @iridocyclitis
72. @zagboorules
73. @Mikado-chan
74. @sanarith
75. @MolliMontana
76. @Tellex
77. @albertabrnc
78. @NatKingSim
79. @sydwilgirl23
78. @SharkDO
79. @MDancer9112
80. @GrayLady2010
81. @FoxzViviana
82. @PandaORose
83. @Briana2425
84. @Faradas
85. @Jimboola11
86. @CallMeTaliBabii
87. @DolphneQ
88. @Marinabellvert
89. @greyheath
90. @MsBritty
91. @Sandun
92. @Nicottia
93. @Inari
94. @Rflong7
95. @james64468
96. @jusMeh
97. @simplyzoe
98. @emberelf
99. @Quintina85
100. @83bienchen
101. @HelloBeasty
102. @actuallyitsjessica
FreshLion55 on the Gallery! Happy simming! >:)
Post edited by EA_Mage on

Comments

• InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Signed.
  • axel1015axel1015 Posts: 952 Member
    Signed.

Thanks! Spread the word too! we want TONS of sigs! :)
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Signed.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    What happened to the other thread?
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    What happened to the other thread?

Deleted for unknown reasons. :)
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    Signed. We shouldn't have to sign a petition to get information on a product we're already paying for as consumers I think :\

Totally agree.
  • MoxitopMoxitop Posts: 6 New Member
    Signed
  • OuterseOuterse Posts: 289 Member
    Signed, we're being expected to pay for a game that isn't up to par with the rest of the series and we aren't getting a reason why it's not up to par. "Not enough money" only gets you so far, Sims team.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Signs again since other thread poofed it seems.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Signed

But did I not sign another similar petition yesterday?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I find it hard to believe EA still have not decided whether or not toddlers will make an appearance, and I am not sure why it has to be kept a secret. I can't imagine there is a rival around the corner ready to release their own toddlers the moment EA say they are going to do so! If they truly don't *know* whether or not they can do them, then I am shocked!
    Signed

But did I not sign another similar petition yesterday?

My other petition got deleted...
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    The silent treatment is beyond belief. As for toddlers - for over a year fans have been asking what's going to happen, and it is not like it's only 4-5 people asking for them, it applies to thousands of fans. Who knows how they are thinking, maybe they are aiming for the third nomination as "The worst company in America" ​
  • Woahbro1Woahbro1 Posts: 134 Member
    I'll sign, I miss the same old feeling of excitement and I'm not really enjoying the waiting game.

On the other hand, I never understood the whole "worst company in America" thing. There's far worse companies in America in my opinion, and EA does not come even close to any of them. They just need to readjust some strategies and get back to their roots.
    5nj1c1.png
    Origin ID: woahbro1
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Signed!
    giphy_1.gif
    edited July 2015
    The silent treatment is beyond belief. As for toddlers - for over a year fans have been asking what's going to happen, and it is not like it's only 4-5 people asking for them, it applies to thousands of fans. Who knows how they are thinking, maybe they are aiming for the third nomination as "The worst company in America" ​

Do you want to sign?
    Woahbro1 wrote: »
    I'll sign, I miss the same old feeling of excitement and I'm not really enjoying the waiting game.

On the other hand, I never understood the whole "worst company in America" thing. There's far worse companies in America in my opinion, and EA does not come even close to any of them. They just need to readjust some strategies and get back to their roots.

I agree, they used to be fantastic back in TS2 days. Like you said they need to readjust some strategies and go back to their roots... But I'm afraid it could be too late. I hope not...
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    must i remind everyone that in the sims1 there where no toddlers even do i miss they for me toddlers is an unimportant age thats do not do much that only prevented my sims from doing other things the most important things that should bew brought back first are dishwashers and workable washers and dryers in other word the option to do laundry
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    The "lol" troll is back. @LolTroll Thank you so much for viewing this thread, it shows you care :D
  • BinibiniBinibini Posts: 1,282 Member
    Resigned.
    7qffjymyc7xj.png
    tap banner for 'such is life' | more projects + cc at facebook.com/jellysimwich
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Peacie5 wrote: »
    Signed, we're being expected to pay for a game that isn't up to par with the rest of the series and we aren't getting a reason why it's not up to par. "Not enough money" only gets you so far, Sims team.
    Really thats your opinion its not up to par. EA doesn't owe us anything they are a company that wants to make money why would they owe any of us an explanation?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Also, "signed", sorry I forgot to do it before xD
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited July 2015
    Memina11 wrote: »
    must i remind everyone that in the sims1 there where no toddlers even do i miss they for me toddlers is an unimportant age thats do not do much that only prevented my sims from doing other things the most important things that should bew brought back first are dishwashers and workable washers and dryers in other word the option to do laundry
    Must I remind you that The Sims 1 was the first Sims game, and you can't complain about something that was never there to begin with... (Meaning toddlers that weren't in the game, so don't pull that excuse. ;) )

And just because you don't want toddlers doesn't mean they're not important. I for one don't care about workable washers and dryers and think they are way down my list of things this game needs to feel more 'complete'.

*Signed*

-Thanks for the 'Lol', :mrgreen:
    That's everyone for the sigs! Keep in mind to stay on topic. I don't want is one getting deleted...again
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top