Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One major disappointment with Spa Day

Considering the fact that the entire GP was about health and wellness, you'd think there'd be an aspiration for it.
OoZmSTc.png

I'm not thrilled with the muscle gain from yoga either. It would have been much better off to have yoga make a person lean and it could've been a perfect athletic alternative to bodybuilding, at least where aspirations are concerned.
Origin ID: WyntirLily

Comments

• peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    I agree with this complaint. I was surprised you gain muscle and yet yoga doesnt count toward fitness goals aspiration and career.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I wanted a vegan trait and more health food dishes!
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Agreed. Every game pack needs to add at least one aspiration and trait, imo. Some stuff packs could add traits as well. I don't want to have to download a ton of custom traits just to get more variety in my Sims.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

That would have been good!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I was a little disappointed with the athletic part of it anyways. Just a bodybuilder? What happened to the sports angle? It was one of the easiest careers to go after.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    We do have the Athletic career with the two different paths (personal trainer and professional athlete), but it would be nice if packs could add traits and aspirations. We got the Squeamish trait with Outdoor Retreat, after all. I also like the idea of yoga helping with weight control without building muscle, though I do know some friends who've built muscle with yoga.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AlexFetsisAlexFetsis Posts: 178 Member

I agree. I have my hippie/yoga/herbalist/lesbian Sim eating only salads and vegan options. I wish she could benefit from it.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I was a little disappointed with the athletic part of it anyways. Just a bodybuilder? What happened to the sports angle? It was one of the easiest careers to go after.

I guess the spa theme was the reason but would love to see more added with athletics skill and careers, maybe they will make a sports game pack B)

I wish they bring us some farming game packs with animal as well as new produce :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Yeah, we could use some new aspirations and traits. I find myself always using the same 2 or 3. We need more diversity in that aspect.
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    Agreed. Every game pack needs to add at least one aspiration and trait, imo. Some stuff packs could add traits as well. I don't want to have to download a ton of custom traits just to get more variety in my Sims.

I feel the same way. However I don't use mods
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • ladyfireheartladyfireheart Posts: 52 Member
    > @Mightydan said:
    > Yeah, we could use some new aspirations and traits. I find myself always using the same 2 or 3. We need more diversity in that aspect.
    Definitely. Also we need to be able to have more than 3 traits at once. (And yes, I know about the aspiration reward traits. That doesn't count.)
    Origin ID: GeekGoddessYT

If you're unhappy with the direction Sims is going in, sign this petition!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I like it this way :smile:

Was way more built when I had time to do yoga myself, miss my strong arms. Will have to be kind to myself when I return, weakling now so no difficult stuff until I have a bit more muscle and is less stiff.

I do agree that this would have been a great opportunity for a new trait or aspiration. Vegetarian would have been nice.
  • BESS73BESS73 Posts: 174 Member
    They could bring this in as part of a monthly patch. I really like the idea.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    yes yes yes...
    Another huge wasted opportunity to add aspirations and traits.
    Has anyone on Twitter asked the gurus why are they not adding any aspirations or traits since OR?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Aspirations and traits should appear only in game expansions.
    You're all forgetting that gamepacks are based on Sims 3 violin/archery simstore pack. It also didn't add "enhanced" things to the game, it was a stuffpack with just some basic gameplay additions.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    You're all forgetting that gamepacks are based on Sims 3 violin/archery simstore pack. It also didn't add "enhanced" things to the game, it was a stuffpack with just some basic gameplay additions.

The previous game pack did add a new aspiration and a new trait.
    Also, no aspirations or traits were added in the EP, so I don't think that logic applies for TS4.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Yea, but the problem is they mixed up things. They did it in Outdoor Retreat so couldn't do it in expansion.
    Won't happen again.
  • lilly625lilly625 Posts: 221 Member
    i thought we would get at least a vegetarian trait
  • LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    Completely agree with everything you said. What is going on with them not giving us more traits and aspirations? I thought we would get more emotions too with expansion and game packs, at least with expansion packs. That's dumb that yoga gives you muscle in the game too. In real life, it does give you muscle, but like long dancer-like muscles. It should definitely be an activity with minimal muscle gain and more weight loss.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • GhedrainGhedrain Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    I think there should have been a Yogi Master aspiration or something. That's the first thing I looked for when I loaded up the stuff pack.
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member

Everything in your post is completely incorrect. The Sims 4 Stuff Packs are the equivalent of the Sims 3 Store. That's why each stuff pack comes with premium items like the hot tubs and buffet tables, but nothing else in terms of gameplay. Game packs are completely new and are mini expansion packs that can include anything in them.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »

Everything in your post is completely incorrect. The Sims 4 Stuff Packs are the equivalent of the Sims 3 Store. That's why each stuff pack comes with premium items like the hot tubs and buffet tables, but nothing else in terms of gameplay. Game packs are completely new and are mini expansion packs that can include anything in them.

This. And the precedent was set with OR, that a trait and aspiration related to outdoorsy stuff was brought, and that was a game pack. They've not added either since, which is unfortunate since I just see it as a lot of lost opportunity for deeper immersion.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

Actually I would be inclined to say that TS4 Stuff Packs follow the pattern of TS3 Store content with premium items. Game Packs are completely new; they're more than a store venue (which was more than a stuff pack as it contained more than one premium item offering new game play) but not quite an expansion. I view them as miniature expansions, or alternatively, one part of an expansion which has been pulled away from said expansion, fleshed out, and expanded, however, centered only around one central theme. We had a Spa venue from TS3 Store but it contained nowhere near as much content or game play as a Game Pack designed for TS4.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I needed an aspiration so badly. Honestly, my sims are starting to all feel the same. How hard would it have been to add something like 'zen master' aspiration? My vegan hippy now wants to build a mansion which is really weird. But bodybuilder didn't fit either, so.. yeah.. A career would have been nice too, but I can see why that's too much to ask. A trait and aspiration would have been fantastic though, or even just the aspiration...
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    Considering the fact that the entire GP was about health and wellness, you'd think there'd be an aspiration for it.
    OoZmSTc.png

I'm not thrilled with the muscle gain from yoga either. It would have been much better off to have yoga make a person lean and it could've been a perfect athletic alternative to bodybuilding, at least where aspirations are concerned.

I also said they missed a chance to add to the fitness category. I said it should be called "perfectly balanced"-aspiration. I really wish that was a thing because my legacy family doesn't have too much time learning the Wellness skill. A sim with an aspiration would go a long way of getting to know the specialities of this skill better. Also, there were countless possibilities for new teaits.