Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not digging the fart jokes

I'm just not into them. How about an option to turn them off?

Comments

• Options
    sekrittheorysekrittheory Posts: 149 Member
    I don't have the game packs, so is it just... the sims make fart noises? You can "tell a fart joke"? Couldn't you just not choose that option?
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Maybe someone will come up with a mod. I remember a less belching and less farting mod for Sims 2. I believe TwoJeffs made it. Wonderful modder.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Me no likey nasty sims.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    Maybe someone will come up with a mod. I remember a less belching and less farting mod for Sims 2. I believe TwoJeffs made it. Wonderful modder.
    I loved TwoJeffs' mods. I think I may have had that mod at some point.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Hehe either I'm lucky or oblivious, but in all the time I've played TS4, across at least 40-50 different files/games, I can't remember ever seeing a fart or belch episode. I'm not complaining, mind you... ;).
  • Options
    ErikTErikT Posts: 59 Member
    Heh. I had just downloaded the spa pack and the first think I tried was getting a massage and of course my sim farts at the end so it's not something I selected. Bad luck I guess, but just grossed me out and had to close the game.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Farts....wow Maxis is really immature. Guess firing all those people and replacing them was by children after all. Seriously how childish. Oh well weirder stories right? No just more lame and dumb ones.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Well I guess the Sims 2 and 3 developers were immature and childish also. Doesn't make it acceptable and it may have been reserved for a certain personality type but farting has been going on for a long time. Nothing new.

• Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I think in Sims 2 only sloppy sims farted as well. So yeah I prefer it that way too. I do have a mod that removes the little musical note or whatever but ehh, sometimes you gotta.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Some people like something, some don't.
    The game is as it is.
    There is nothing wrong in liking or disliking something, but with all problems this game has, I say that flatulence on/off button is something this game definetly doesn't need.

btw, I didn't see excessive farting in my game. I don't have any gamepack nor stuffpack, just the expansion.
  • Options
    MkinsMkins Posts: 79 Member
    > @Trashmagic said:
    > I think in Sims 2 only sloppy sims farted as well. So yeah I prefer it that way too. I do have a mod that removes the little musical note or whatever but ehh, sometimes you gotta.

It happened to my non-sloppy Sims in Sims 2. One was a refined lady Sim and she did it after dinner in front of her family and friends.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    My Sim farted after she ate franks and beans, but that's realistic and not 'childish.'
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    TBH, the reaction the masseuse gives is what makes the joke funny to me.

Lol @ the suggestion for a fart toggle though.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    TBH, the reaction the masseuse gives is what makes the joke funny to me.

Lol @ the suggestion for a fart toggle though.
    May the fart be with you young padabeans.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Don't feed them beans.

As to options....I don't think there are going to be many, if any, options in this game. I think it's going to be a case of complain to the devs to tweak something or a case of what's here is what you get.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Don't feed them beans.

As to options....I don't think there are going to be many, if any, options in this game. I think it's going to be a case of complain to the devs to tweak something or a case of what's here is what you get.
    That makes me sad. I can't imagine anyone not wanting more options. I can't imagine why devs wouldn't want to provide more options :(. Options are good, aren't they? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that the prospect of fewer options makes me sad.

Although I can't remember ever having a Sim of mine having fart or belch episodes (thank goodness!), I'm pretty sure I wouldn't find it funny. Instead, I'd find it a rather pathetic attempt at cheap humor and I'd welcome an option to avoid it.
  • Options
    Don't feed them beans.

That makes me sad. I can't imagine anyone not wanting more options. I can't imagine why devs wouldn't want to provide more options :(. Options are good, aren't they? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that the prospect of fewer options makes me sad.

Although I can't remember ever having a Sim of mine having fart or belch episodes (thank goodness!), I'm pretty sure I wouldn't find it funny. Instead, I'd find it a rather pathetic attempt at cheap humor and I'd welcome an option to avoid it.

Never? They've been around for a while. In TS3 Sims with the slob trait could get pretty noisy too.

From TS2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUwHx0CEqMY

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Don't feed them beans.

Never? They've been around for a while. In TS3 Sims with the slob trait could get pretty noisy too.

From TS2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUwHx0CEqMY

Never! Not that I can remember, anyway. I never played TS2, so that may be the reason. I don't remember it happening in 3 or again in 4. As I said in the earlier post -- I've either been lucky (because it hasn't happened) or oblivious (because it happened and I didn't notice ;)).
  • Options
    sidettisidetti Posts: 42 Member
    Honestly, I just find it funny that they are even in the game. A lot of younger kids play the sims and I'm sure they find it hilarious. I'm not a fan of it, personally, but they aren't intrusive. They're tolerable. :P
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Farting and belching is something that only slob sims do in 2&3. Other Sims may have done it after eating sometimes, but I can't recall ever seeing it.
    If it were one thing, like farting, I might just laugh it off. But Sims 4 has gotten more juvenile all around. Fart jokes, bros, angry poop, pee like a champion, high five after woohoo, etc.
    The only person in my family who finds it all funny is my 12 year old son, who doesn't even play. He just likes to watch me play. My 15 year old son thinks it's all lame and asked me to put Sims 2 on his computer.
    Don't get me wrong, some humor is necessary, and there's always been some. But, there's a point beyond which it becomes unappealing.
    The makers of Sims wanted to attract a new crowd, which is necessary for growth. But, they need to not forget their loyal existing fanbase, most of whom are somewhere in their 20's-40's.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Farting and belching is something that only slob sims do in 2&3. Other Sims may have done it after eating sometimes, but I can't recall ever seeing it.
    If it were one thing, like farting, I might just laugh it off. But Sims 4 has gotten more juvenile all around. Fart jokes, bros, angry poop, pee like a champion, high five after woohoo, etc.
    The only person in my family who finds it all funny is my 12 year old son, who doesn't even play. He just likes to watch me play. My 15 year old son thinks it's all lame and asked me to put Sims 2 on his computer.
    Don't get me wrong, some humor is necessary, and there's always been some. But, there's a point beyond which it becomes unappealing.
    The makers of Sims wanted to attract a new crowd, which is necessary for growth. But, they need to not forget their loyal existing fanbase, most of whom are somewhere in their 20's-40's.

The humor has been more of a mature nuanced type. It was toned down some in 3 but I agree it's really juvenile this time around.

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

The humor has been more of a mature nuanced type. It was toned down some in 3 but I agree it's really juvenile this time around.

That's what it is, less nuanced, more direct and in your face!
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01