Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will The Sims 4 be the last one?

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Memina11 wrote: »
    me i clearly do not went to see vampires roaming my games zombies witches ect no supernaturals creatures in my sims game if they went to put this they need to include an option to fully turn those off for simmers that do not went any super natural sims roaming there game i am a serious simmer and do not belive in magic as there are no such things

Well Memina a lot of people do like them and I'll bet this time around there aren't going to be options to turn things off. I'd get ready for that if I were you.
    Really didn't you just tell me today this is the feedback section so everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Not everyone want supernaturals back respect their opinion and don't shove yours down there throats saying a lot of people do.

All right hold up there missy. If you want to have a hissy fit at me at least call me out on something I actually said rather than try to twist what I did say.

I didn't tell Memina she shouldn't want supernaturals....did you see me say that? Point it out. I was pointing out a reality. A lot of people like supernaturals and they will almost certainly be included at some point. What happened when people complained about aliens? They didn't give us an in game option, the developers tweaked it. I said and stand by it that I doubt that options are going to be included in this game.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited July 2015
    You are comparing this game to Earthbound? Toddlers don't need to be in the game to be a life simulator. This is a sandbox game where anywhere does it force you to be structured in the game? I don't see why everyone thinks its a rpg I don't see rpg elements in TS4 at all I see it as a sims game like the series we have gotten the past 15 years. Plus The Sims did the same thing popped out a child from a baby and why are you now saying this isn't a life simulator? Are you all forgetting that in the first game we just had 3 life stages?
    I am not having double standards there are something's I would love to get back in the game and there are others they could give us new content we haven't had in the game and I am a girl not a he.
    Yes to a side scrolling game with regards to the pop up notifications and the quests if you actually read my post. I even included the Sims 3 in it. But thanks, I find that amusing and appreciate you thought it was only to the Sims 4 or even to an entire Sims game. I didn't call it an rpg. I said if people think it is an rpg, then it is a really bad one and comparison. XD Oh well, not the first time there has been misunderstandings. I see elements of Sims Stories in the Sims 4. The non-sandbox version did have you follow quests and a storyline like the Sims 4. But hey if you want the Sims 4 to be a cheap knock off of Sims 1, so be it. LOL that is extremely funny you think babies pop into children in real life. Thanks for the laugh.

Definition of a sandbox game:
    "A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows a gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish.

A sandbox game is also known as an open-world or free-roaming game."

So in what way is any of that even possible in the Sims 4? The world is limited. The characters are limited. But yes under this definition the only tasks that are truly sandbox is the achievements since Simmers can somewhat select which task to pick from.

Honestly I couldn't care less if you disagree with me or an Ex Sim Guru/software engineer for the Sims Online. The Sims 4 is nothing more than an achievers game, so the longevity and retention rate of it will not remain long.

The Sims 3 did get in the list of the best 20 sandbox games as well as a favorite sandbox game of mine Minecraft.

The sky should be the limit for sandbox games. The Sims 4 countless times has been limited to its engine and core design. It's a game of can't do this and can't do that. Can't even offer Simmers creativity. Probably biggest pro of it is build mode, but even that has limits sadly. It's slowly getting better at least. Town editor I don't think will ever be possible for the Sims 4 which limits builders a lot. All those limits in colors too. So dark and muted. Thankfully mods and CCs lift some of the core game design limits, so my modded Sims 4 game is a lot closer to a sandbox game than the vanilla version, so yay!
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited July 2015

I remember Sims 1 had no toddlers - way back in 2000, or was it even earlier? It's fifteen years later and I expected better from Sims 4.
    Yep, exactly. I expect better from Maxis 15 years later too. It was released February 4th, 2000. I purchased my first copy in May 2000. :) I don't hate the Sims 4, I'm just deeply disappointed in Maxis at this point even a year into the game now. I don't want an exact copy of past games, but vast improvements and I'm sick and tired of hearing all the limitations set upon the Sims 4 just because it was programmed on an engine that can't handle squat. The Sims 4 is the first game I've heard the Gurus complain so much about while making. I don't know, it's like the passion for developing isn't there anymore. It's really weird.

But oh well, if people don't want toddlers for the Sims 4, keep funneling money into the game then, so I can have awesome ones for the Sims 5 please and thank you. <3 Save preteens and anything cool for the Sims 5 as well. <3 Don't worry about pets or any expansions either for the Sims 4. The sooner the Sims 5 is worked on the better then. ;) I mean if players are content with the Sims 4 as is, so why bother developing further or expanding?

On a serious note, if Simmers truly want the Sims 4 to continue, then it needs to appeal to a broader audience. It shouldn't be just a game that appeals just to them and their playstyles, but to everyone. The Sims 1 and 2 were. Why did the Sims 3 and 4 start the trend of removing play styles?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2015
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    How about we all agree, going forward, to only post in a topic to which you are in agreement! No more heated exchanges, no more trying to change someone's mind, no more trying to defend your position, no more name-calling, no more comparisons, no more posting pic after pic after pic and statistics, and sales figures to support your position. Wouldn't that be lovely? <3
    That is absolutely lovely but not really what a feedback section on a forum is about. And if anything I blame this version of the game for the way things are, not the people.

It's sad that apparently it isn't possible to create a game that suits the different playing styles of people. There's a topic in the Sims 3 section right now with the question what we love most about the game, and the common thread running through there is quite obviously the freedom and the creativity that game provides the player. Like the common thread for Sims 2 clearly is the behaviour and the in depth gameplay (and animations) concerning the sims. It's really sad they didn't succeed (or even didn't try, I have no idea) to combine those two. The common thread for 4 so far seems to be 'it runs smooth'.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Possibly not, but this is the highest level of disappointment I have seen in a Sims game since the Sims was created. Sims 3, the major complaint was all the bugs. So they created Sims 4 and made several downgrades for 'performance' reasons, but we're still getting a game littered with bugs, including bloated save files. If they continue with this series, they need someone else to take over. The sims aren't just silly, weird playthings for simmers. At least not for simmers like me. I actually play to simulate life, which is what a simulation is meant to be, but the sims seem to have slowly been made into a mockery of life and that's bit of a disappointment. I've gone off track here! Basically, while it might not be the last sims game in the series, they've made some incredibly poor choices with Sims 4 and would need to bring in some real simmers from the community to get a real idea of what people want from this game. While I'll play Sims 4 occasionally now, my favourite game remains a combination of the Sims 2 because the EPs seemed really well thoughout and were geared towards my gameplay style of a life stimulation (largely) and the Sims 3, which despite it's bugs and massive system requirements, slow gameplay and other issues, remains one of my favourite games in the series.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Probably not. But I would like the Sims 4 to out live the other 3 games because I can't see myself moving on from the sims 4. Unless the "supernatural" EP doesn't go my way... then I'll make sure the Sims miserable existence will end right there, personally.

I hope that scared them enough to not fail me.
    Note: he said this with tough love.

What's your idea of an Supernatural EP not failing? For me if it's not having lame life states this time. I need vamps who don't need to be your friend to bite, zombies that don't eat plants and witches who can be very evil. If we get more fairies and unicorns I can just imagine what the game will look like.

Simply more diversity, believability, and action.
    I don't want just one way to view supernaturals
    Like how witches were mainly Harry Potter Based.

The wand issue, not many had a problem with it, but I did. Wands are powerful but they made it seem wands were the only way to do magic. Making me believe witches were no more than humans that held a stick that did all the work.

To me that's just wrong.

Which is why I promote Sorcerers.
    For a game that is promoting Emotions, Sims who have hearts, Sorcerers are much better suited for such a role. Thry are a 1000x more powerful than any wand, and yet may still use a wand optionally, to heighten the success of desired spell.

I would like a little more darkness with magic too. I think the game has enough light and hope to last quite a while. I thought we were suppose to be playing with life here? Last I checked life isn't sugar, rainbows, and unicorns. I want darker spells, darker emotions, darker traits.
    Evil trait needs to be reworked. I want Unapologetic, uncaring, heartless, self-centered, deliciously Evil.

I'm getting off topic. Mainly if they do that and take the Once Upon A Time approach I will support them.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2015
    How about we all agree, going forward, to only post in a topic to which you are in agreement! No more heated exchanges, no more trying to change someone's mind, no more trying to defend your position, no more name-calling, no more comparisons, no more posting pic after pic after pic and statistics, and sales figures to support your position. Wouldn't that be lovely? <3

You mean like in this one where most who responded with to the OPs header question are in agreement the TS4 is the last PC version, but other came in to tell why it is so great and they aren't worried about a TS5 because the TS4 is the best game ever?

Seriously, if we are looking for Strawberry Shortcake discussions, then the feedback section isn't the place to find 'agreements'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Probably not. But I would like the Sims 4 to out live the other 3 games because I can't see myself moving on from the sims 4. Unless the "supernatural" EP doesn't go my way... then I'll make sure the Sims miserable existence will end right there, personally.

What's your idea of an Supernatural EP not failing? For me if it's not having lame life states this time. I need vamps who don't need to be your friend to bite, zombies that don't eat plants and witches who can be very evil. If we get more fairies and unicorns I can just imagine what the game will look like.

The wand issue, not many had a problem with it, but I did. Wands are powerful but they made it seem wands were the only way to do magic. Making me believe witches were no more than humans that held a stick that did all the work.

To me that's just wrong.

For a game that is promoting Emotions, Sims who have hearts, Sorcerers are much better suited for such a role. Thry are a 1000x more powerful than any wand, and yet may still use a wand optionally, to heighten the success of desired spell.

I would like a little more darkness with magic too. I think the game has enough light and hope to last quite a while. I thought we were suppose to be playing with life here? Last I checked life isn't sugar, rainbows, and unicorns. I want darker spells, darker emotions, darker traits.
    Evil trait needs to be reworked. I want Unapologetic, uncaring, heartless, self-centered, deliciously Evil.

I'm getting off topic. Mainly if they do that and take the Once Upon A Time approach I will support them.
    You may have missed two things while playing (bold).
    1. Only witches can use wands; they're useless for humans and other life states.

1135745_orig.png

2. There is a lifetime reward that enables your witch to perform magic without a wand.

Eacuteowyn_463b_zps75814148.jpg

I like how they start a bit clumsy with that wand and develop their skills, in the end resulting in witchcraft without needing it.

Apart from that I agree with Phoebesmom's issues and what you say in your last paragraph and I'd like to add one: fairies hovering above the ground instead of actual flying. The jetpack showed us they were capable of doing that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    The franchise is too massive to give up now so there is no doubt that The Sims will continue after 4. What I really hoped for though was to continue making new content for Sims 3 indefinitely. To me, its the best Sims game (although 4 has some awesome stuff that I wish was in 3) and it's sad that it's no longer being developed with new ideas/gameplay/stuff.
  • Options

To me that's just wrong.

I do like your ideas of supernaturals. It seems like the hybrid system is back in the Sims 4 which I really like. I think I begged for that when I joined forums and attended my first ATSG session. XD I am curious if supernatural pets could be possible or not.

I think regarding wands, I would like fairies to have them for a change. I really want good and bad witches back like the Sims 2, but there should be an option to pick a skin color for them sort of like the aliens.

Being a deviant Simmer, I would love a lot more darkness in the Sims 4. There is a mod by Zerbu that has uncomfortable mood enhance other negative moods, which is pretty cool. I'd love to have all those dark ideas you suggested. I just don't know if it would be possible if Sim witches could pull hearts of Sims to kill them or not like OUAT although it could be interesting if they were able to.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    Possibly not, but this is the highest level of disappointment I have seen in a Sims game since the Sims was created. Sims 3, the major complaint was all the bugs. So they created Sims 4 and made several downgrades for 'performance' reasons, but we're still getting a game littered with bugs, including bloated save files. If they continue with this series, they need someone else to take over. The sims aren't just silly, weird playthings for simmers. At least not for simmers like me. I actually play to simulate life, which is what a simulation is meant to be, but the sims seem to have slowly been made into a mockery of life and that's bit of a disappointment. I've gone off track here! Basically, while it might not be the last sims game in the series, they've made some incredibly poor choices with Sims 4 and would need to bring in some real simmers from the community to get a real idea of what people want from this game. While I'll play Sims 4 occasionally now, my favourite game remains a combination of the Sims 2 because the EPs seemed really well thoughout and were geared towards my gameplay style of a life stimulation (largely) and the Sims 3, which despite it's bugs and massive system requirements, slow gameplay and other issues, remains one of my favourite games in the series.
    i loved your comment and i agree and after see how the spa day is full of "more childshi humor with sims making very weird and "comic" faces i feel which is become even more less and less about life simulation and just a "silly cartoon sitcom style for kids", the more content i see being released the less is my desire to support it in the way they are being done.

too much childsh
    too much "limited"
    too much poor designes
    too much "cuts" to increase the gains

and that things don't make feel playing i life simulation but just a "little children game".
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Chocoholic_GurlChocoholic_Gurl Posts: 72 Member
    edited July 2015
    > @Ellessarr said:
    > MiyuEmi wrote: »
    >
    > Possibly not, but this is the highest level of disappointment I have seen in a Sims game since the Sims was created. Sims 3, the major complaint was all the bugs. So they created Sims 4 and made several downgrades for 'performance' reasons, but we're still getting a game littered with bugs, including bloated save files. If they continue with this series, they need someone else to take over. The sims aren't just silly, weird playthings for simmers. At least not for simmers like me. I actually play to simulate life, which is what a simulation is meant to be, but the sims seem to have slowly been made into a mockery of life and that's bit of a disappointment. I've gone off track here! Basically, while it might not be the last sims game in the series, they've made some incredibly poor choices with Sims 4 and would need to bring in some real simmers from the community to get a real idea of what people want from this game. While I'll play Sims 4 occasionally now, my favourite game remains a combination of the Sims 2 because the EPs seemed really well thoughout and were geared towards my gameplay style of a life stimulation (largely) and the Sims 3, which despite it's bugs and massive system requirements, slow gameplay and other issues, remains one of my favourite games in the series.
    >
    >
    >
    > i loved your comment and i agree and after see how the spa day is full of "more childshi humor with sims making very weird and "comic" faces i feel which is become even more less and less about life simulation and just a "silly cartoon sitcom style for kids", the more content i see being released the less is my desire to support it in the way they are being done.
    >
    > too much childsh
    > too much "limited"
    > too much poor designes
    > too much "cuts" to increase the gains
    >
    > and that things don't make feel playing i life simulation but just a "little children game".

You see, this is why I didn't want the game to become cartoony.

I know I'm the minority here, back when TS3 was winding down and leaks of TS4 were springing up, the big debate was do you want more cartoony sims or more realistic sims? Some people took realistic sims to mean that you wanted hyper realistic, human looking sims, but that is not the case. For me realism would be realistic body proportions and better skins, not necessarily having a sim that looks exactly like a human.

The problem with having "wacky" sims, in my opinion at least, is that everything else becomes wacky. Now don't get me wrong, I love humor and fun animations for the sims, that was one of the great things about it when I first started playing years ago, but it was still a more mature game.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    > @Ellessarr said:
    >
    > Possibly not, but this is the highest level of disappointment I have seen in a Sims game since the Sims was created. Sims 3, the major complaint was all the bugs. So they created Sims 4 and made several downgrades for 'performance' reasons, but we're still getting a game littered with bugs, including bloated save files. If they continue with this series, they need someone else to take over. The sims aren't just silly, weird playthings for simmers. At least not for simmers like me. I actually play to simulate life, which is what a simulation is meant to be, but the sims seem to have slowly been made into a mockery of life and that's bit of a disappointment. I've gone off track here! Basically, while it might not be the last sims game in the series, they've made some incredibly poor choices with Sims 4 and would need to bring in some real simmers from the community to get a real idea of what people want from this game. While I'll play Sims 4 occasionally now, my favourite game remains a combination of the Sims 2 because the EPs seemed really well thoughout and were geared towards my gameplay style of a life stimulation (largely) and the Sims 3, which despite it's bugs and massive system requirements, slow gameplay and other issues, remains one of my favourite games in the series.
    >
    >
    >
    > i loved your comment and i agree and after see how the spa day is full of "more childshi humor with sims making very weird and "comic" faces i feel which is become even more less and less about life simulation and just a "silly cartoon sitcom style for kids", the more content i see being released the less is my desire to support it in the way they are being done.
    >
    > too much childsh
    > too much "limited"
    > too much poor designes
    >
    > and that things don't make feel playing i life simulation but just a "little children game".

I know I'm the minority here, back when TS3 was winding down and leaks of TS4 were springing up, the big debate was do you want more cartoony sims or more realistic sims? Some people took realistic sims to mean that you wanted hyper realistic, human looking sims, but that is not the case. For me realism would be realistic body proportions and better skins, not necessarily having a sim that looks exactly like a human.

The problem with having "wacky" sims, in my opinion at least, is that everything else becomes wacky. Now don't get me wrong, I love humor and fun animations for the sims, that was one of the great things about it when I first started playing years ago, but it was still a more mature game.
    I'm with that minority. I wonder if we really are though, a minority. To me the sims in 2 look and act more realistic than those in 4, especially when they're covered with cc (something everyone I know did). Only the sims in 4 seem to scream at me all the time: "Look. I'm funny, now laugh or I'll shoot!" In fact the only Sims 4 sims in the game I like are the ones who are created really cartoony. I just don't want to play with characters like that and besides, the whole town will be filled with pseudo-realistic cartoony sims even if I create mine over the top.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    > @Ellessarr said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > too much childsh
    > too much "limited"
    > too much poor designes
    >

yeah this is exactly what i feel, when i look to the sims in sims 4 with the plastic hair and the forever stuck creep smile then the "fart jokes' and more and more not even cartoon but really childshi humor over and over being the focus this kill all the moods for someone looking for a "more realistic life simulator.

my sims 3 i have a lot, really a lot of mods to make the game more "autonomous" and realistic which even more extra animations, while sims 3 also have some childshi humor the level still fine compared with sims 4 which indeed was designed for childs(12 years) while sims 3 was more between 15 and 16 then the balance of humor and serious for me was fine in sims 4 i don't feel the same, is very unbalanced with the sims making over the top expressions which you only see in kids cartoon like scooby doo and things like that, i wish if we get another sims 5 they go back to the age range of 15 and 16 and tone down that kids humor in sims 4.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    edited July 2015
    when the game still flopped even though it had no competition

6PmvmJi.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Putting my oar in. I have bought every game and expansion since Sims 1 and I got annoyed at every new game as all I wanted was to make the original one better and iron out the delays and bugs.

I learnt so much from Sims 1 and even could recolour and make objects (the Simmer downloads for that were exceptional and so much fun).

Now all Simmers do is moan, moan, moan. I am just grateful (as a 72 year old) that the Sims exists at all.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2015
    well i say you are mistaken the sims4 is a great game and as a 41 year oldAge snip per forum rules simmer i am happy to be able to play sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    being old or new don't means which peoples can't like childsh things, anyone can like it, but just because old peoples like childsh things this don't make something less childsh or adult, just peoples like childsh things simple like that.

if was for that i'm 30+ and i like pokemon, ben 10 and others teen or some childsh things but this don't means which that things where made to target adults, i'm just like that things but for me sims 4 is too much childsh for my taste more than what supposed to be, comparing with previous sims games this is the most childsh one.(even the age rating make this obvious).
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    Putting my oar in. I have bought every game and expansion since Sims 1 and I got annoyed at every new game as all I wanted was to make the original one better and iron out the delays and bugs.

I learnt so much from Sims 1 and even could recolour and make objects (the Simmer downloads for that were exceptional and so much fun).

Now all Simmers do is moan, moan, moan. I am just grateful (as a 72 year old) that the Sims exists at all.
    I refuse to consider myself a moaner because I never ever moaned about Sims 3, although there's a lot to moan about. When you love Sims 3 without moaning you're not a moaner ;)
    (wow, 72, that's great, I really hope I'll still be playing the game at that age!)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

To me that's just wrong.

1. Only witches can use wands; they're useless for humans and other life states.

1135745_orig.png
    I know witches were the only ones who could pick up the wand, but I'm talking about how it was designed, they made it seem the only way a witch could even cast a spell was by using a wand, Without it witches were powerless, which shouldn't be the case.
    2. There is a lifetime reward that enables your witch to perform magic without a wand.

I like how they start a bit clumsy with that wand and develop their skills, in the end resulting in witchcraft without needing it.

That was the thing the life time reward, Magic Hands or whatever it was called why should I have to purchase it? Hand magic should have been the default way of doing magic and wands made optional in buy mode of the hobby section or something.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Can someone define flop? As it pertains to the Sims 4? I see that word bandied about and wondered if there exists an agreed upon definition or if people are using it to describe there own personal experiences. Is it based on sales figures, game content, game cost, replayability?
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @Simulator4 basically you got it. Flop is a term where something is failing.
    so when someone says "The Sims 4 flops" they mean "The Sims 4 fails"

Me personally I think The Sims 4 is the betwixt and between Flop and Slay.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• Options
    edited July 2015

To me that's just wrong.

1135745_orig.png
    I know witches were the only ones who could pick up the wand, but I'm talking about how it was designed, they made it seem the only way a witch could even cast a spell was by using a wand, Without it witches were powerless, which shouldn't be the case.

That was the thing the life time reward, Magic Hands or whatever it was called why should I have to purchase it? Hand magic should have been the default way of doing magic and wands made optional in buy mode of the hobby section or something.
    I understand what you mean but I think I just approach it in a different way. I liked the building up. The young witch, getting his first wand given by his greatgrandfather (the witch in above example by the way). ("I bought you a good one son, no need to start off with junk")

Raven_1019_zps832f8f9f.png

Raven_1018_zps6170ac2f.png

Practising...

Raven_1022_zps2d1d93d0.png

Practising...

Raven_1061_zpsa46f037a.png

Accomplished!

Raven_1063_zpsa609d453.png

And then the next step witchcraft without a wand (which this witch never did because that wand was important to him but you get the point ;)). I understand what you mean but I like it young witches need that wand to canalize their powers and when they are fully skilled they can leave the wand behind.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Can someone define flop? As it pertains to the Sims 4? I see that word bandied about and wondered if there exists an agreed upon definition or if people are using it to describe there own personal experiences. Is it based on sales figures, game content, game cost, replayability?
    I see what you're getting at. As someone who has, in the past, asked posters to please provide evidence of what I consider to be unsubstantiated claims and assertions, I believe I understand the meaning behind your post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I infer from your post is that you're asking people to preface their claims of "flop" (or any other "facts" that are expressed in the forums) by saying something like, "As far as I'm concerned, TS4 is... a flop/success/joke/disaster/best-game-evah...". Some posters don't feel the need to qualify their claims and some will get downright confrontational if anyone suggests that they should. Personally, I try to always make it clear that I'm speaking for me, based on my experiences. I liberally sprinkle "in my opinion", "personally", "as far as I'm concerned" and so forth in my posts. Heck, you can see it in this post alone. I wish more people would, as well.

• Options

To me that's just wrong.

1135745_orig.png

I understand what you mean but I think I just approach it in a different way. I liked the building up. The young witch, getting his first wand given by his greatgrandfather (the witch in above example by the way). ("I bought you a good one son, no need to start off with junk")

Raven_1019_zps832f8f9f.png

Raven_1018_zps6170ac2f.png

Practising...

Raven_1022_zps2d1d93d0.png

Practising...

Raven_1061_zpsa46f037a.png

Accomplished!

Raven_1063_zpsa609d453.png

And then the next step witchcraft without a wand (which this witch never did because that wand was important to him but you get the point ;)). I understand what you mean but I like it young witches need that wand to canalize their powers and when they are fully skilled they can leave the wand behind.

Oh, That's a nice story. I see what you mean. We are too opposite play styles haha.

I was conflicted with Supernatural I loved the pack and all it's contents, but it made my story difficult to play and capture it how I wanted.
    But I still feel we should have had a choice to use a wand or not at the very beginning. Because you believe young practitioners should use a wand like training wheels until they feel they're in control. Whereas I believe wands are more for precision, execute powerful/complex spells, and not necessary for basic spells.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood: